Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? (22661 Views)

The Difference Between Soul And Spirit, Or Is There One ? / Oro Worshippers & Truth And Spirit Prophetic Church Clash In Lagos, One Dead / Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by TeamLeader(m): 7:42am On Jun 30, 2020
StUriah:
Soul is the vital force of every living creature. Without the soul, the body is empty, inactive and is opened to destruction.

Soul creates the dreaming state while the body is at rest. Through this, many imaginable and unimaginable realities are envisioned by a dreamer thus establishing the fact that Soul has connection with both our physical life experiences and the nonphysical realities. The Soul, being immaterial, does not die with the death of the physical body of any creature, rather it (the Soul) return to its creator, the Supreme Spiritual Energy (God), either in fulfilment or otherwise of its purpose in creation.

Spirit violate the natural orders and create miraculous events that are considered to be impossible in the universe. Without the Spirit, man is restricted to nature; natural instinct and tendencies; and the ability to reason and see possibility of the impossibles in the universe is prevented.

Spirit brings about reason, possibility, miracles. Soul brings life to the body, when it depart from the body the body becomes dead and is opened to destruction.

I don't know if you are a Christian because I want to ask how can a Christian empowers the soul to resist forces limiting its functions to nature alone during the night or during sleep state. Those forces are making sure they are taking the soul aware when am about to sleep EVERY DAY thereby preventing it from creating a connection with Gods spirit to explore. This has been my challenges for years now and I'll be glad If you can enlightened me the more sir.

thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by shadeyinka(m): 8:36am On Jun 30, 2020
TeamLeader:

I don't know if you are a Christian because I want to ask how can a Christian empowers the soul to resist forces limiting its functions to nature alone during the night or during sleep state. Those forces are making sure they are taking the soul aware when am about to sleep EVERY DAY thereby preventing it from creating a connection with Gods spirit to explore. This has been my challenges for years now and I'll be glad If you can enlightened me the more sir.

thank you
It's all about NUTRITION.
When the body is fed with junk and unhealthy food, it becomes easy for microbes and breakdown to occur.

When the soul is fed with junk and unhealthy food, it becomes easy for microbes and breakdown to occur.

Since your spirit is fed through your soul, whatever the state of your soul sets a limitation to your spirit.

A human being is a Trinity of Body, Soul and Spirit (each one of these is your IDENTITY). Your identity is how you are identified.

1. Your BODY is your physical identity. This is how everyone in the physical realm (your parent, your friend and even including your dog identify you). Your body can be recrafted either surgically or by accident and people will not recognise you again. Without physical light, your body is invisible.

2. Your SPIRIT is your spiritual identity. This is how everyone in the spiritual realm (God, Angels and even demons identify you). Just like Angels have a spiritual form and can be distinguishable from another angel, so also your spirit make you distinguishable from other spirits.

3. Your SOUL is your personal/internal identity. This is how YOU identify yourself as you. Even if you woke up after 2 years in coma and you discovered that you have been surgically physically converted to look exactly like Buhari, you won't mis-identify yourself as Buhari (no matter how perfect the surgery is). This is your internal/personal identity.Your soul is what you refer to as "ME", "I", "Myself" etc. Your soul has these functions:
the seat of your emotion,
the seat of your intellect and
the seat of choice/VOLITION

Animals are Dualities and have a Soul and Body
Angels, demons are Dualities and have a Soul and Spirit
Human beings are Trinities and they have a Body, Soul and Spirit.

When a man physically dies, his body is disconnected from the union of his Soul and Spirit. His Soul and Spirit this fully represent him before resurrection.

I hope this makes a little sense to you
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by TeamLeader(m): 8:49am On Jun 30, 2020
Raydans:

Spirit is that part of God that is vested in every human from the beginning of its existence to bring the soul back to God. It is left for us to activate the spirit or not. Evil is simply the absence of God. Once the spirit is dormant the soul is prone to other evil devices i.e absence of God.
If the person dies the evil devices leads the soul to hell while the spirit returns to God

Please how can someone activate the spirit. pls share

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by TeamLeader(m): 9:29am On Jun 30, 2020
Parablesonmarble:

That diagram is nice
The body: This is the solid state of a being through which he manifests any occurence happening to the soul or the spirit and expresses the decision taken by the mind. The body reveals consciousness. It may seem the body is less important than other components of a being but it is not. Spiritual entities without physical bodies seek bodies so they too can express themselves. Any problem with the body causes problem for the mind and soul too and if the body is badly damaged, the soul and the spirit leaves it and seek a better vessel.

The mind (The Brain): This is the seat of consciousness and the host of both the soul and the spirit. It is the component through which the gift of free will is expressed. We are often perceived and judged based on how our mind works. The mind is closely related to the soul because they are in constant touch as it houses the soul. Together with other parts of the body, the mind form the conscious component of a being.

The Soul: This is the liquid component of a being. It is the subconcious component of a being and the interphase between conscious and the spiritual realm. It resides in the pineal gland in the brain. The pineal gland is otherwise known as 'the third eye'. It is like a signal receiver picking signals from both the physical and the spiritual realm. When the spiritual component is not roaming the realms, it resides with the soul but when it is roaming the realms it is in constant communication with the soul, sending messages to it and through it. When the soul influences decision making more than the mind, a person is considered irrational or spiritually inclined. When a person sell his soul, it simply mean demon(s) are summoned to reside in the pituitary gland thereby dislodging the soul and influencing every decision made by the mind and bodily manifestations. When the soul is compromised in any way, the being is temporarily or permanently damaged and that means death, in the short or long run.

The Spirit: This is the fluid component of the being. It can leave and come back without any permanent damage. It is touch with
other spiritual entities in the spiritual realm. It can gather information about the past, the present and the future when properly attuned. It is said to exude aura of colours depending on the disposition of the owner. And depending on how well developed it is, it can feel and be felt consciously and unconsciously. When a person experience a 'true dream', goes into trance or go on astral travel, it is the spirit that leaves the body temporarily to gather information, sending messages from the realm to the soul, which causes the mind to project those messages as a moving pictures in real time, hence the spirit needs grooming for development and needs the soul and mind to manifest. When the soul is heavily compromised, the spirit will have no resting abode again causing it to roam more. If the soul should depart the body, the spirit also leaves never to come back again. When the mind is compromised, it manifests spiritual and other concieved messages without any regulation.The concept of death is hinged on the soul departing the body and taking the spirit with it. On life support machine, the body is still functional but lifeless.

I just like the way you break this down. kudos sir but I really want to ask some questions bothering me so much . Now based on your write up, if a soul is heavily compromise with dark forces what can be done? in my own case sir I am very certain that they planted dark power into my flesh that prevent my soul from manifesting the spiritual. I am sure of it. Whenever I sleep my body feels empty like I won't feel my soul again. they planted this stuff on my chest that whenever am about to sleep, I will be breathing with one nose to my heart making me take in lots of air in and the other nose will be blocked totally thereby making my stomach deflated. and when I eventually sleep I will find myself in strange places mostly village.
what can I do to because when the attack came to my chest I felt so much pain and after the pain relieved me and since then its been like that.

please I need help.

thank you
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by StUriah(m): 9:59am On Jun 30, 2020
TeamLeader:

thank you

This book may have answer to your questions. Check Amazon for it. I attached short info about this in the PDF format. Thanks.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by StUriah(m): 10:22am On Jun 30, 2020
TeamLeader:

thank you

This book may have answers to your questions. Check Amazon for it. If you want a free copy in the PDF format, Whatsapp me on 0-Eight-0-Nine-8-Five-Seven-8-Five-7-Six. Thanks.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by BluntNigerian: 11:03am On Jun 30, 2020
Ok...
Check Out This Analogy.
1. Electricity
2. Software
3. Hardware.
1. Spirit
2. Soul
3. Body..
The Electricity is the source of power for all the systems, and it is same everywhere. Without it, none of the systems can function.
The Software is what describes each individual system. Both the system software, and the applications softwares. They are all what makes the system what it is. When two or more systems are communicating, it is actually the softwares that are communicating.
The Hardware is the physical components of the system. The type of hardware and the physical attributes of the hardware can affect the functionality of the software (which in the real sense describes the system). Nevertheless, it cannot affect the nature of electricity itself which powers the system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by BluntNigerian: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2020
thesolutions:
We've been here before.
The Spirit is what keeps the heart pumping.
The Soul is what makes you know you are yourself.
You are correct.!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Parablesonmarble: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
TeamLeader:

I just like the way you break this down. kudos sir but I really want to ask some questions bothering me so much . Now based on your write up, if a soul is heavily compromise with dark forces what can be done? in my own case sir I am very certain that they planted dark power into my flesh that prevent my soul from manifesting the spiritual. I am sure of it. Whenever I sleep my body feels empty like I won't feel my soul again. they planted this stuff on my chest that whenever am about to sleep, I will be breathing with one nose to my heart making me take in lots of air in and the other nose will be blocked totally thereby making my stomach deflated. and when I eventually sleep I will find myself in strange places mostly village.
what can I do to because when the attack came to my chest I felt so much pain and after the pain relieved me and since then its been like that.

please I need help.

thank you

In case a body is inhabited by unwanted spirit, then exorcism is done to chase the spirit away. However, there are very few true exorcists around nowadays because it is a very dangerous business.
You see, Western esotericism, Eastern occultism, mysticism and their likes are all well documented and can be easily understood but West African spiritism in its raw form has little documentation, not so easily understood but not less powerful than any other spiritism forms world wide. Exorcism is not exactly a common practice in West African spiritism.
I think I understand your situation to an extent but cannot explain on an open forum such as this. Inbox me if you interested in my suggestions.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by TeamLeader(m): 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
Parablesonmarble:

In case a body is inhabited by unwanted spirit, then exorcism is done to chase the spirit away. However, there are very few true exorcists around nowadays because it is a very dangerous business.
You see, Western esotericism, Eastern occultism, mysticism and their likes are all well documented and can be easily understood but West African spiritism in its raw form has little documentation, not so easily understood but not less powerful than any other spiritism forms world wide. Exorcism is not exactly a common practice in West African spiritism.
I think I understand your situation to an extent but cannot explain on an open forum such as this. Inbox me if you interested in my suggestions.

I have sent the message sir. but email will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by Mulisana: 2:30am On Jul 01, 2020
For example, for the United States, the soul is racial discrimination, and the spirit is police violence.
For many blacks, the line between police brutality and their suffering in the covid-19 pandemic is not trivial. An associated press analysis of state and local data shows that, given the proportion of black people in the population, they die much faster than expected. One study found that black people seeking to test or treat covid-19 are six times more likely to be rejected than white people.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by shadeyinka(m): 10:59am On Jul 01, 2020
TeamLeader:

please I need help.

thank you
Careful dear!
You are already enticed with high sounding knowledge of which you don't know the source.

To kill a rat, it is usual to present an aromatic and deliciously looking food to it but laced with poison
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
thesolutions:
We've been here before.
The Spirit is what keeps the heart pumping.
The Soul is what makes you know you are yourself.
SPiRit is meChanical version of the sOul. Can it be put that way? Thanks for your POSitive ContRiBUtion. Couldn't be explained better
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mulisana:
For example, for the United States, the soul is racial discrimination, and the spirit is police violence.
For many blacks, the line between police brutality and their suffering in the covid-19 pandemic is not trivial. An associated press analysis of state and local data shows that, given the proportion of black people in the population, they die much faster than expected. One study found that black people seeking to test or treat covid-19 are six times more likely to be rejected than white people.
musa na you Biko, oga Pata Pata
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2020
TeamLeader:

I have sent the message sir. but email will be appreciated. Thank you
I'm interested too
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
TeamLeader:

please I need help.

thank you
me too
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by DeOTR: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
titusmichael27:
First of all i hope you're not seeing this as an argument. So that the spirit can flow. the spirit of the Lord does not like contention. i'm going to share with you things that i realise from my personal study. The bible that you just quote from has about thirteen missing verses from the original bible that i personally discovered.
Its not an argument. It's a discussion.
The issue of body, spirit and soul is an important concept Christians must understand.
I think that's clear enough in Genesis 2:7.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by titusmichael27(m): 6:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
DeOTR:

Its not an argument. It's a discussion.
The issue of body, spirit and soul is an important concept Christians must understand.
I think that's clear enough in Genesis 2:7.
yea you're right. i can't help but say that some seem to see as complicated issue so they do their best to avoid it. what are your real stands on this subject?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by thesolutions(m): 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
SPiRit is meChanical version of the sOul. Can it be put that way? Thanks for your POSitive ContRiBUtion. Couldn't be explained better
Every thing about human existence is so connected that you can not separate the soul from the spirit. The Soul is dependent on the Spirit to function and not the Spirit on the Soul. But the Soul has freewill.

I can't go on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by TeamLeader(m): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
I'm interested too

I've not heard from him ma.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by TeamLeader(m): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
shadeyinka:

Careful dear!
You are already enticed with high sounding knowledge of which you don't know the source.

To kill a rat, it is usual to present an aromatic and deliciously looking food to it but laced with poison

uhmm noted tho

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
TeamLeader:

I've not heard from him ma.
maybe na SPiRitUality COach
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by DeOTR: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2020
titusmichael27:
yea you're right. i can't help but say that some seem to see as complicated issue so they do their best to avoid it. what are your real stands on this subject?
I believe humans are made up of dust (body) and the breath of God (spirit or whatever). When we die, the spirit returns to God that gave it and the Body return to dust. We sleep in the dust until the second coming of Christ. Nothing survives the body after death (most people believe otherwise)
That's my stand on this subject.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by titusmichael27(m): 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
DeOTR:

I believe humans are made up of dust (body) and the breath of God (spirit or whatever). When we die, the spirit returns to God that gave it and the Body return to dust. We sleep in the dust until the second coming of Christ. Nothing survives the body after death (most people believe otherwise)
That's my stand on this subject.
That's wonderful. i'm going to use the same verse of the scripture(gen. 2-7) to offer you the truth. upon all the people that comments on this subject you seem to be picked out for this, nevertheless the Holy spirit will guide you to all truth. And the Gods formed man from the dust of the ground, and took his spirit( that is, the man's spirit), and put it into him; and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. close quote. The breath of life is the strength to live, and only God can give you that, but the spirit is eternal, the real you. The spirit (you) existed before the creation. like jerem 1:5
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by bigfrancis21: 1:25am On Jul 05, 2020
Ubongdemaga:
What is the difference between soul and spirit?

Soul is simply the life force that keeps the human body alive. When it exits the human body, the body loses life and it is dead. Spirit is simply the soul in manifestation. In other words, when the soul of your late mother or sister decides to visit a relative still living in a dream, vision, trance etc, they are able to transform to a form recognizable to that person ie spirit. Spirit and soul are the same thing, their difference being their manifested form. The spirit has form, the soul is actually formless and can take on any form/shape ie glob of light, etc. That’s why you say, ‘I saw the spirit of my late father’ and not, ‘I saw the soul of my late father’.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by DeOTR: 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
titusmichael27:
That's wonderful. i'm going to use the same verse of the scripture(gen. 2-7) to offer you the truth. upon all the people that comments on this subject you seem to be picked out for this, nevertheless the Holy spirit will guide you to all truth. And the Gods formed man from the dust of the ground, and took his spirit( that is, the man's spirit), and put it into him; and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. close quote. The breath of life is the strength to live, and only God can give you that, but the spirit is eternal, the real you. The spirit (you) existed before the creation. like jerem 1:5

American King James Version
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
God formed man, gave him the breath of life, and he became a living soul/being.
There's no mention of a separate spirit here. That's why, we say a person breaths his last breath at death. What happens when we breath our last breath? The breath returns to the Giver (our breath is our life, without which any other thing is useless) and the body returns to dust from whence it was taken. Nothing else happens. No eternal spirit here. We are mortals, we stop existing when we die.
It's on the last day that the righteous gain everlasting life.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by TheStarsAlign: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2020
From everything that has been said/written, we can simply say that the body needs the soul to be. In other words, the soul is core & intangible part of a living human.

The spirit (also intangible) on the other hand comes and goes depending on the 'state of the host'. That is why someone can become possesed by evil spirit or filled with holy spirit and can also be without both.

----
Life without knowledge is like death in disguise/
That's why knowledge itself is like life after death/...
~ Talib Kweli (Knowledge of Self)
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by WilemdzRch: 8:01am On May 18, 2021
Before, I never thought about the difference between the soul and the spirit. But actually, these are completely two different things. The soul is mostly related to the mind and emotion. Our soul describes our state of mind, and it is about how we feel and how we act in different situations. So, if we are kind to anything and we act correctly, then our soul is clean. But the spirit allows us to have a connection with God. It gives us the hope that someone protects us and will save us from scary things. I recently read a few manuscripts from https://famfex.com/ that opened my mind. There are many interesting things that made me see the world from another point of view, and I recommend it to others.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? by sheikhyy: 1:28am On Dec 23, 2021
To be a spiritual person, you don't need to be religious or "perfect" and you definitely don't need to shave your head, practice yoga, meditate, and do spiritual rituals every day. There are many contradictions and confusions surrounding what it means to be "spiritual". Especially with all religious people who want to benefit from their spirituality and with the emergence of many profit-making institutions in recent times that claim to own the secret and make a profit behind it. However, spirituality differs from one person to another and [url] الشيخ الروحاني[/url]https://www.elso9.net/%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%87%D9%88-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B4%D9%8A%D8%AE-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B6%D9%85%D9%88%D9%86/ it is not possible to put a special definition for it, and there is no single way to practice it! No one can tell you what spirituality is, not even how to become a spiritual person, because you are a unique soul like a rose or a leaf of grass, you are completely different from another. And there is no one else like you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire / She Came To Winepress 2022 With Crutches & Left Without Crutches - Pastor Bolaji / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.