Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,873 members, 7,841,281 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Is God A Jealous God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God A Jealous God? (2135 Views)

A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity / I Am A Jealous God. / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by seyibrown(f): 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2011
Jen33:

yommyuk's rant exemplifies the ignorance and arrogance of many who subscribe to the christian faith.  You likely haven't got an inkling of who produced that bible, how, where, or why it was produced. Tell us what research you've done into the origins of the New Testament for instance? Do you know the writers of the gospels are unknown?

I repeat, NOBODY KNOWS who wrote the gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.  The first discovery of these texts was marked X for ''anonymous''. Subsequent renditions of the text then named them ''the gospels according to Mark'' etc.

Now I don't expect you to take this information and do what every normal intelligent human being would do, ie research it and get to the bottom of it.

I fully expect you to act as dumb and ignorant as you've shown, reject the information without investigation, and indulge in another masturbatory exercise in tiresome quotes from the little Jewish book that's replaced your brains.

Jen33, THE HOLY SPIRIT - THE SPIRIT OF GOD - is the confirmation/validation of the word of God, not Matthew/Mark/Luke/John or any other anonymous 'inspired' authors! The spirit of God is what let's you know TRUTH is! The Bible guides you to the God! If the Spirit of God were not real, I would not believe the Bible but the Spirit of God continually confirms the word of God!

Jen33, why not try the Holy Spirit and come back and tell us what your experience was like.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by seyibrown(f): 11:13pm On Feb 06, 2011
Jen33:

seyibrown said:
There is no contradiction. As I stated earlier, no religion is 'pefect' or 'accurate'. But christians like you need to know the truth regarding the numerous gross imperfections of your creeds. This does not mean that christians are not connecting with Infinite Consciousness owing to the inaccuracy of their teachings. As earlier stated, it is thought and belief that give power to your enterprise, and to other religious enterprises.

Did you ever consider that you might be in error trying to teach CHRISTians Christianity from opinions that are NOT FOUND IN CHRIST? Is truth from outside of Christ valid for CHRISTianity? If you do have truth to show CHRISTIANS about how to be Christian, bring it from CHRIST, not pre-christ ideologies and 'ratatouille'-inity! If it comes from outside Christ, it is not valid for CHRISTianity!  cheesy
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 11:46pm On Feb 06, 2011
yommyuk's rant exemplifies the ignorance and arrogance of many who subscribe to the christian faith.  You likely haven't got an inkling of who produced that bible, how, where, or why it was produced. Tell us what research you've done into the origins of the New Testament for instance? Do you know the writers of the gospels are unknown?  I repeat, NOBODY KNOWS who wrote the gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.  The first discovery of these texts was marked X for ''anonymous''. Subsequent renditions of the text then named them ''the gospels according to Mark'' etc.
Now I don't expect you to take this information and do what every normal intelligent human being would do, ie research it and get to the bottom of it.

My proof that the bible is the word of God was given to me by the power of the Holy Spirit. A gift that you are yet to attain. Without the Holy Spirit you cannot know God . The manifestation of the Holy Spirit that happens in the Church I attend which I see with my own eyes is sufficient proof that the words in the bible are for real. I do not need to research on its authenticity by going thru the net or reading some professor’s text. I have always said that I listen to men of God, but I follow CHRIST. Knowing Christ is sufficient proof for me.

I fully expect you to act as dumb and ignorant as you've shown, reject the information without investigation, and indulge in yet another masturbatory exercise in tiresome quotes from the little Jewish book that's replaced your brains.

U  are right, I will quote the bible again because I know u know the truth, but yet you refuse to accept it, which to me is the worst case scenario that a human being can put him/herself in.

1 Corin 2:13-16

"When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead , we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit's words to explain spiritual truths. But people who aren't spiritual cannot recieve these truths form God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the spirit means.  Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they temselves cannot be evaluated by others. For, "Who can know the Lord's thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him? But we understand these things, for we have the mnd of CHRIST.

I hope that becomes fire in your bones cool
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jen33(m): 12:25am On Feb 07, 2011
yommyuk said:

My proof that the bible is the word of God was given to me by the power of the Holy Spirit.

That some entity or presence possesses you in your religious state, does not mean the book you call your ''holy book'' is wholly accurate and not filled with spurious tales and fantasies. You keep mistaking your religious experiences for biblical inerrancy.

Tell me, do you think those deeply into other religions/belief systems do not experience their own version of what you call the ''Holy Spirit''?

Have you ever seen an Ifa worshiper enter a state of delirium wrought by the Ifa ''Holy Spirit''?

What about Shintoists? Buddhists? Have you seen them enter a state of nirvana?

It's not much different from what you call the ''holy spirit''. You do not acknowledge or appreciate these other experiences shared by your fellow humans  because you've been brainwashed to shut out all other experiences but the christian one.

You've been conditioned to regard all non-christian experiences as invalid.

You've been conditioned to have tunnel vision.

This is why you think - falsely - that the ''holy spirit'' is unique to christians.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 1:42am On Feb 07, 2011
Tell me, do you think those deeply into other religions/belief systems do not experience their own 'version' of the ''holy spirit''?

r u comparing d "Holy Spirit" with d spirits 0f Islam, Ifa,budda and co. cheesy shocked

Let me educate u. Why am I laying the basis of my experience and faith on the Holy Spirit

1. The Holy Spirit is the connection/ bridge to God within me. It is a part of me that is joined with the mind and heart of God.

2. God uses the Holy Spirit to reveal his truth within me. It is called the power of God within me.

3.  It is also the voice of God within me. This voice guides and directs my steps.

4. Overtime I have learnt to hear, recognise and understand this voice that works within me.

5. I call it the voice of truth.

Lets talk about the so called other religions , ideologies and faith that you are going on about.

I orginally come from a faimily of Idol worshippers. I mean proper Idols. My great grand father was a top notch demi god during his time. My dad was very close to him and I am very close to my dad.  So if you are trying to talk to me about IFA, RITUALS, EwE(Leafs), and ORO (Words), I have been there. I acknowledge that they exisit, are powerful, dangerous, got some elements of good about them but all in all it is VANITY.

i always affirm that I do not follow man but Christ. wHY? Personal encounter and revelation with Christ. This is not about what I read in a book but a personal experience. That is why I can smell falsehood from a mile.

This is the gospel truth wink
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by seyibrown(f): 2:05am On Feb 07, 2011
Jen33:

yommyuk said:

That some entity or presence possesses you in your religious state, does not mean the book you call your ''holy book'' is wholly accurate and not filled with spurious tales and fantasies. You keep mistaking your religious experiences for biblical inerrancy.

Tell me, do you think those deeply into other religions/belief systems do not experience their own version of what you call the ''Holy Spirit''?

Have you ever seen an Ifa worshiper enter a state of delirium wrought by the Ifa ''Holy Spirit''?

What about Shintoists? Buddhists? Have you seen them enter a state of nirvana?

It's not much different from what you call the ''holy spirit''. You do not acknowledge or appreciate these other experiences shared by your fellow humans  because you've been brainwashed to shut out all other experiences but the christian one.

You've been conditioned to regard all non-christian experiences as invalid.

You've been conditioned to have tunnel vision.

This is why you think - falsely - that the ''holy spirit'' is unique to christians.

[b]How can one be CHRISTian and DISAGREE WITH CHRIST? Christ said HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, AND NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT THROUGH HIM! Hence, the view CHRISTians hold that no other 'way' is the way! One cannot be CHRISTian and accept that there are 'other Christs' that lead to the Father.

The Holy spirit as know through Christ is NOT THE SAME as what you find in any other 'way', Jen33

'Many ways to God' was never preached by Christ and is a view that has no place in Christ! It's ONE WAY TO GOD!

. .  And why exactly do you have a problem with this view anyway, since it is of no consequence to the 'stand aloof God' you believe in? He surely would not mind that a certain set of people choose to believe that there is only one way to him, would he? He doesn't even punish errors, so what exactly makes you so want to teach non-CHRISTian doctrine to CHRISTians especially since you are not a CHRISTtian yourself? Surely, if it was best to be a CHRISTian who believes that Christ is not the only way, then you would be one and easily convince CHRSTIians by preaching what you practise. Don't be like the 'Pharisees' who stand in the way of others getting to heaven when they themselves don't wanna go there! First, become a 'non-tunnelled vision' CHRISTian before trying to teach us how to do it! Just imagine 'Mama Charlie' trying to teach you how to be Nigerian or dance Makossa! grin [/b]
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Jen33(m): 3:29am On Feb 07, 2011
yommyuk said:

r u comparing d "Holy Spirit" with d spirits 0f Islam, Ifa,budda and co.

In what way exactly do you think they are ''different'' bearing in mind that ALL Consciousness derives from one source?

Let me educate u. Why am I laying the basis of my experience and faith on the Holy Spirit

1. The Holy Spirit is the connection/ bridge to God within me. It is a part of me that is joined with the mind and heart of God.

Fair enough. The problem is that the teachings of your faith, or perhaps your interpretation of the teachings of your faith presupposes that all other experiences of God or Infinite Consciousness, outside of  your faith and creeds are invalid.

See that is a fundamental error that needs correction. It is not unique to christianity. Islam also holds such ideas of inherent exclusivity. The trouble is those creeds, in addition to being plain wrong, heighten human division and conflict, as opposed to bringing us together. Today, the world stands at a precipice, locked in a potentially calamitous confrontation between the two ''major religions'', christianity and islam, two faiths that have done more to bring havoc and destruction to the earth than perhaps any other in human history, owing to their doctrine of exclusivity. ''Our way is the only true way. All others are of the devil''.

It is a severely dysfunctional belief system that, taken to its extreme, can cause serious calamity on this planet.

The vast majority of faiths outside these twin religions subscribe to religious plurality. Any wonder they've collectively shed far less blood than muslims and christians?

2. God uses the Holy Spirit to reveal his truth within me. It is called the power of God within me.

3.  It is also the voice of God within me. This voice guides and directs my steps.

4. Overtime I have learnt to hear, recognise and understand this voice that works within me.

5. I call it the voice of truth.

I think you will find there's more to enjoy out of life when the focus in your head moves from ''me'' to ''us''. Try it. It's hugely liberating.

Lets talk about the so called other religions , ideologies and faith that you are going on about.

This is what makes christianity so ugly to many. You're so brainwashed, you cannot even get yourself to address other religions AS religions.

I orginally come from a faimily of Idol worshippers. I mean proper Idols.

You mean practitioners of traditional religion? Is that what you call ''idol worshippers''?

If they are ''idol worshippers'' so are YOU. Your churches are filled with idols and images of Jesus and his cross. Idols of Mary. Idols of Angel Gabriel etc. You wear an idol, or charm around your neck, which is of a bloodied man dying on a cross. The charm is meant to help you, and protect you. You even engage in ritual cannibalism in your church - drinking the ''blood of Jesus'' and ''eating his flesh''. Something you call ''the Eucharist''.

Do you know where such practices came from?

Do you know that long before chrsitianity emerged, the people of those regions engaged in just such practices in their traditional religions? Do you know that was how it was transcribed to the christian faith?

In fact the entire structure of christian ritual is derived from ''pagan'' practices, from christmas (and the tree) to easter (and the eggs). How then can you sit there, talking about who and who is an ''idol worshipper'' when YOU are the expert at it?

My great grand father was a top notch demi god during his time. My dad was very close to him and I am very close to my dad.  So if you are trying to talk to me about IFA, RITUALS, EwE(Leafs), and ORO (Words), I have been there. I acknowledge that they exisit, are powerful, dangerous, got some elements of good about them but all in all it is VANITY.

Your mere calling it ''vanity'' does not make it so. Say what you dislike about it and we can discuss it. And no, the fact that it is African, while your new god is white or Jewish does not make the latter more valid than the former.

i always affirm that I do not follow man but Christ. wHY? Personal encounter and revelation with Christ. This is not about what I read in a book but a personal experience.

Dude, billions of people have had a completely different experience and theirs' is NO LESS VALID THAN YOURS. Grow up and get that little inconvenient fact into your selfish head.
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 4:37am On Feb 07, 2011
In what way exactly do you think they are ''different'' bearing in mind that ALL Consciousness derives from one source?

That source is God who has given us Christ as the only true way. Take it or leave it.  YOUR QUANDARY

The vast majority of faiths outside these twin religions subscribe to religious plurality. Any wonder they've collectively shed far less blood than muslims and christians?

Why won't they? The world will never have an issue with Lies, but you say the truth, hell will let loose. I will not impose my faith on anybody, even christ did not use that approach. But it is my duty as a christian who knows the truth to make them aware of the error of their ways and u included.

I think you will find there's more to enjoy out of life when the focus in your head moves from ''me'' to ''us''. Try it. It's hugely liberating.

I know! That is why I am using a medium like NL to proclaim the gospel. Then what happens? u show up planting weed among my wheat. God forgive u sad If you stumble accross my thread and you don't like it, move on.  angry

Go open a thread elsewhere and proclaim your own ideology. Freeworld BLOOD!

while your new god is white or Jewish does not make the latter more valid than the former.

please dude u can do better than the above.

Dude, billions of people have had a completely different experience and theirs' is NO LESS VALID THAN YOURS. .

Yes u are right! Billions like me have had experience which are a testimony to the fact that what I am advocating is truth. CHRIST.

Grow up and get that little inconvenient fact into your selfish head

The color GREEN PART is Unneccessary!

I will implore u to get the bolded part into your inner system and get real fast. MILLIONS are seeing gthe light every year while you still choose to dwell in darkness. u better get out more and see the LIGHT shocked cheesy wink
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by trekkie: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2011
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2011
trekkie said:

seyibrown i thank you for your input on this thread.
i love that story about the apple
@ jen33 have you had a near death experience before?
because i have and it is nothing like what you say.
i am not here to abuse you but to plead with you to leave the path you are currently on.
after death, all bets are off
can you REALLY say with confidence where your soul will be, don't you wonder what death will be like
i have experienced it and my brother, all this your talk about vibrations no be am O!

Actually, we do not need to hear YOUR parochial experience.  Fact is that  Near Death experiences have been VERY WELL DOCUMENTED in their thousands in the last few decades, and 99% of people who experience it will tell you for free that there is no ''true'', or ''false'' religion, that ''hellfire'' is non-existent, that belief in Christ or any other ''saviour'' is wholly unnecessary because ALL souls, including the souls of animals, transit from this life to the next as a matter of nature.  ALL HUMANS ARE SAVED, regardless of what they ''believe'' or don't ''believe'', and that universal Unconditional Love is the ONLY truth.

Interestingly, the vast majority of people who return from their near-death experience are transformed spiritually, NOT necessarily religiously. They become far less materialistic, far more giving, far more caring about the condition of others and the world, and lose the fear of death.

They have been to the other side and back, and they KNOW  - not ''believe'' - they KNOW the truth, which is all that I've written above.

Near-death experiences and the afterlife:

www.nderf.org
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 16, 2011
Bump
Re: Why Is God A Jealous God? by yommyuk: 1:55am On Feb 16, 2011
[s]Actually, we do not need to hear YOUR parochial experience. Fact is that Near Death experiences have been VERY WELL DOCUMENTED in their thousands in the last few decades, and 99% of people who experience it will tell you for free that there is no ''true'', or ''false'' religion, that ''hellfire'' is non-existent, that belief in Christ or any other ''saviour'' is wholly unnecessary because ALL souls, including the souls of animals, transit from this life to the next as a matter of nature. ALL HUMANS ARE SAVED, regardless of what they ''believe'' or don't ''believe'', and that universal Unconditional Love is the ONLY truth.

Interestingly, the vast majority of people who return from their near-death experience are transformed spiritually, NOT necessarily religiously. They become far less materialistic, far more giving, far more caring about the condition of others and the world, and lose the fear of death.

They have been to the other side and back, and they KNOW - not ''believe'' - they KNOW the truth, which is all that I've written above.

Near-death experiences and the afterlife:

www.nderf.org[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bini Or Esan Traditional Religon / What Happened In Between:jesus's Crucifixion, Death & Resurrection / SERMON JOTTERS: Tragedy Of Wasted Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.