Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,453 members, 7,853,985 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

Eat Onugbu, Ugu To Fight COVID-19, Obiano Tells Anambra People - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Eat Onugbu, Ugu To Fight COVID-19, Obiano Tells Anambra People (299 Views)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 / 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 / Governor Obiano Transformed Onitsha General Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eat Onugbu, Ugu To Fight COVID-19, Obiano Tells Anambra People by TonyRazor(m): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
TonyRazor
Eat Onugbu, Ugu to fight COVID-19, Obiano tells Anambra people

The Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano has asked the people of the area to feed well to be able to build immunity to resist COVID-19.

The governor stated this in a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, C-Don Adinuba on Sunday.
He listed bitterleaf, Ugu and cucumber as good food sources to build immunity.

The statement read,"As the people and Government of Anambra State continue to fight the coronavirus pandemic in the state, it is appropriate to remind all ndi Anambra that a critical strategy in the campaign is to boost our immune system.

"We can boost our immunity by eating a lot of common vegetables like bitterleaf (onugbu) and ugu (pumpkin) as well as cucumber which grow well during the rainy season and are now quite affordable. Individuals and families can easily grow them in their compounds.

"We can also boost our immune system by eating a lot of fruits like lemons, oranges, pawpaws, pineapples, avocados and soursops, which are plentiful in our communities and are selling at affordable prices right now.

It added,"Our people are encouraged to take supplements like Vitamin C and Vitamin D as well as pharmaceutical products which contain Zinc. They help our immune system very well.

"Ndi Anambra are once again, advised to eat right. They should eat organic foods like our traditional foods, as opposed to junk foods which are processed foods and have plenty of sugar and other artificial sweeteners.

"The importance of physical exercises is well known. They help lung function and blood oxygen saturation. Our people are, therefore, encouraged to exercise regularly. As is already well known, physical exercises need not be vigorous. Simple exercises like walking gently are useful.

"Our dear state has done very well in the fight against COVID-19. All our people are advised to continue to work hard to make Anambra State remain the safest state in Nigeria. Let us fight the coronavirus pandemic with the same zeal with which we have successfully fought violent criminals like armed robbers, kidnappers and contract murderers and consequently made our state the most peaceful in the country.

Re: Eat Onugbu, Ugu To Fight COVID-19, Obiano Tells Anambra People by MajesticKris: 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
grin grin MY Governor my Governor....

we are on it sir grin
Re: Eat Onugbu, Ugu To Fight COVID-19, Obiano Tells Anambra People by HallaDaTruth: 6:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
I support
Re: Eat Onugbu, Ugu To Fight COVID-19, Obiano Tells Anambra People by chatinent: 6:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
Person wey never see tea dey drink overtea (ovaltine)?
Re: Eat Onugbu, Ugu To Fight COVID-19, Obiano Tells Anambra People by Kelvin5214: 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
this your cure be like the disease himself
Re: Eat Onugbu, Ugu To Fight COVID-19, Obiano Tells Anambra People by PureGoldh(m): 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Gbagam.
Re: Eat Onugbu, Ugu To Fight COVID-19, Obiano Tells Anambra People by Emmafly(m): 11:35am On Jul 12, 2020
Good morning,

I have ugu leaves for sale directly from the farm. order for any quantity. though at least a sizeable quantity. can supply anywhere within lagos. My farm location is at ikorodu. I will also embark on large scale dry season ugu farming by November, so potential buyers should also keep this number.

08183549869- Emmanuel.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: University Of Calabar Teaching Hospital Confirmed Positive Cases / Madagascar Re-imposes Lockdown Amid Surge In Coronavirus Cases / Alliance C247 Capsule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.