Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? (48560 Views)

100 Days At Home As A Student, What Have You Achieved? / Summary Of The Last Days At Forcados High School / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Think9ja(m): 10:31pm On Jul 01, 2020
I regret not only my school days, but the school itself.

Going to that school has been the biggest regret of my life so far.

But no worries, we move!

8 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Alexgman1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
Polchiz:
Really?
YAP MAN. I WAS YOUNG AND FOOLISH
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Lastmankc(m): 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
There is this lady that asked me out while I was in school then,I ignored her.I told her that I am only in school to learn but not for relationship.Esther,anywhere you are;God will continue to bless you.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by flyingpig: 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
lilioj:
So I ran into an old school mate of mine sometime last week, she was my roomie, very reserved and bookish.

While I and my friends / other roomies were very social and went to the occasional club parties, she was always indoors with her books and well, I guess it paid off cuz she graduated with a 2.1 while we struggled with 2.2.

Back to when I saw her, after exchanging pleasantries we reminisced about school days and I was shocked to hear her say she envied my days in school, like she wished she lived a more social life, I was so surprised I on the other hand wished I was serious and concentrated more on my studies, maybe just maybe I would have graduated with a better grade.

We both laughed at the irony of it all and this made me wonder ; do we all wish we did things differently in the university when we look back?

Yes I do have regrets from my days in the university.

However, it was a shameful regret and not one i would share on a public forum. Everyday I hit my head repeatedly on a mirror and wonder what went wrong with me on the day I took that decision.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by SeniorGee(m): 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
Regretted everything about the school.. FUTO angry secondary school self better pass am. Missing results, sorting, destiny destroying lecturers.. name it.
I have my original certificate but they are still looking for transcript... Applied since Nov last year dem never see am. That school na apology
Wasted years

14 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by sync(f): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
I regret being in a relationship for so long
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by mrox4d(m): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
Ishilove:
Eat shawarma, hangout in love garden and nack.
i believe u are a product of ABU,zaria,kaduna..
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
flyingpig:

Yes I do have regrets from my days in the university.

However, it was a shameful regret and not one i would share on a public forum. Everyday I hit my head on a mirror and wonder what went wrong with me on the day I took that decision.

cheesy I smell cultism here

Anyway just move on with life.
You can not change the past but you can change the Future

16 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by sosospence(m): 10:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
SeniorGee:
Regretted everything about the school.. FUTO angry secondary school self better pass am. Missing results, sorting, destiny destroying lecturers.. name it.
I have my original certificate but they are still looking for transcript... Applied since Nov last year dem never see am. That school na apology
Wasted years
SMAT?

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by henrysolution(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2020
ieemmanuel:
To answer this question I have to narrate an instance to connect with my answer. I gained admission into uni at a very tender age, my 100 level day's was too ruff that I was suspended. My resolution was on getting back notting would stop me from archiving my goal.
I was very studious and my friendship were measured on knowledge basis, if you're not smart enough then no need to be friends with you. I myself was not perfect,i had too struggle a lot to be in that group... unfortunately I found myself dating girls older than me cause my look gave that macho impression, to cut long story short I found no love in my stay in school and no fun friend's, just serious minded people all up in my contacts..got no regrets for that tho, just the relationship part!

am in my final year, and this relates to me a lot.

the young age but older look and attracting older girls............
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by awennie(f): 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
I wish I was more out going and made more friends. My social life was zero
For over 5 years in university, I didn't keep any close friends. Till know, I don't really have close friends.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by CaseSensitive(m): 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
My only regret was taking my fresher year for granted. I (and majority of freshers) believed in the myth that the first year in uni is a walk in the park and I was under that illusion for a long time. Club every other weekends with friends, booze is cheap as chips for students as long as you have your student ID. No chance I'll be on campus on Mondays because of weekend hangover, started missing uni to catch up on uni work.
Cracks started showing in the wall in my second year, failed two courses and had return to uni for summer resit twice while most students are home or on holiday enjoying summer worry free. I only managed to pass one of them which means my course mates will be in their third year while I spend that year resitting a single module. I adjusted my lifestyle for good in my resit year and it paid off. First year was great, full of fun but there's a lot I would've done differently.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Nmezor(f): 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
Yes oh, I wish I wasn't too rigid n reserved

3 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Discombulator: 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
My first regret is that I didn't make many friends cos I was this stay indoor and get high alone type.
My second regret was going to every single lectures and taking school too seriously with the thought that it was going to pay off.
Now I'm making money and I don't even remember where my certificate is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
i did not regret going to uni,poly or college of edu. not in this Nigeria that we are.

o would rather go school abroad than waste my time in Nigeria school.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Dannyfan(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
I wish I'm social currently in school. But no, I would never be. The only thing I will regret or I am regretting is not participating in school politics or not attending academic's workshops.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by duchaB(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
Yes o, Just one! I regret not making out with Chidinma, the many nights she spent with me in my crib..

She go lie for bed, unzip her pants zipper..
My Guys go dey assume upandan..
Not knowing I just dey do Don bowler for nothing.. The only Lag G with da Bowler!

Untill she left my black sorry ass, and found the satisfaction she sought in the arms of Emeka..Smh...

What the heck was I thinking...
Pretty Chidinma Galia..
In another life time, I hope to do better...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by chukzyfcbb: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
Yes,
schooling in 9ja University issa mistake in itself.

I wish I had listened to my secondary school teachers and took those SATs and Cambridge classes and exam and focus lesser on passing Jamb.

Those I knew I were better than in sec scho were smashing SATs getting half scholarship to school abroad, I dey dey read for mumu Jamb.

Maybe I would be have been outta this shit hole by now
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Grateful02(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
I know you're talking from experience lol
Ishilove:
Eat shawarma, hangout in love garden and nack.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by PhilipReigns(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
Leaving my business in school upon graduation, and entering Lagos with high hope of getting a good job. Till now I don't know if I should regret that decision or not...still believing in God sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by flyingpig: 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
alramon:

cheesy I smell cultism here

Anyway just move on with life.
You can not change the past but you can change the Future

Nope! Not at all.

I'm reading a professional course, made a mistake that got me to repeat for two years. Should have been sworn in once the pandemic is over, but here I am in my 4th year.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by tunize(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
No regret at all cos i enjoyed skool life to the fullest was mad fun thank God that my grades nvr got affected

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
A little extra effort, and first class would have been possible.

Anyway, I believe everything was as it was meant to be.

But I should have shown my school boyfriend a little more pepper. Now I'm too old for drama.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Bestvicky16(f): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
My regrets are so much that it's affecting me even after 11 years of graduation.
I regret going to school when I was not mentally prepared.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Tulsaguy: 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
I have only two regrets.

1. Not smart enough to know that my lecturer sef no sabi Q>34+ Xy-2i =5รท110 he threatened us with every time without looking at the marking scheme.

2. Not knowing that a Dino Melaye (who took to activism & thuggery) would be the one making laws for the book warm of his days. And not knowing that i can rule a country of 200m people with Nepa bill like bubu instead of doing tdb for a good degree grade. grin grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Grateful02(m): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
your name says it all
mumumugu:
I regret the course I read.....It made me a mumu
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Vickygirk(f): 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mindlog:
Enjoyed my undergrad days, right from our first year the lecturers drilled into our ears that uni was not all about books, we should experience life by building networks, doing outdoors and this did spark my interests in hiking and wildlife.

Abeg where you school, no be naija bah?

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Sniper101(m): 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
lefulefu:
why is she regreting? if she was too social she wouldnt have made the good grade she made nau.As for me i dont regret being not too social when i was in school cos in a place like ekpoma everywhere is flying with dangerous cultist.u could be attending one party and the two guys will be having arguement and the next thing guns and matchetes will be flying.i remember the story of a girl who was doing her youth service in ilorin and came to ekpoma to celebrate her boyfriend who graduated as a doctor and in the party two cult guys got into an arguement and it lead to an armed confrontation and the poor girl got hit by a stray bullet and died.i did attend some few celebrations but i was not a party freak.

AAU no be beans! grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by sircatherine45(m): 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
No, i don't regret I never regretted making 3'1 I never regretted misbehaving in school I never regretted losing my virginity I never regretted having sex I never regretted learning hard life I never regretted loosing friends I never regretted not going to church I never regretted using my school fees to open a business The only thing i regretted was being a Christian by birth

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by solonubinho(m): 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
UI is a stressful school.

Countless TDB's. . .

No tangible regret though.

Haha Awon KDL people lool
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by sircatherine45(m): 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
sosospence:
SMAT?
SAAT, maybe
Bastards!!! Gave me third class
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Discombulator: 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
Sniper101:
Actually, when I think about it, my only regret is the mere fact that I didn't start doing my "soft work" right from year one grin

If you know, you know.
Man wey sabi,we plenty on Dat boat, but everywhere good now

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Aerial View Of Lagos State University (LASU) / Federal Polytechnic Ede,osun State Admission Form For 2013/2014 Is Out Now! / Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.