Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,060 members, 7,849,282 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:51 PM

Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks (8116 Views)

Why Itsekiris Are Not Yorubas But Binis / What's The Oldest Tribe In Nigeria Between Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa / Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 29, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, i know your type.....

People would read this post someday and would lafff to your extent of bigotry

I know your type you are you're like TAO11, the yoruba lady who her purpose is to twist the influence of benin on yorubas. to what suite her....
But you my friend is more worse than TAO11 atleast she agrees there was an influence but you my friend you're a clown.....

Your aim in every benin-igbo culture thread is totally deniel the influence on benin to the igbos
While pushing yoruba foward...

Youre just shaming yourself

@bolded is correct.
That's the only agenda and done in interest of ndigbo and emergence of future nation by grace.

Understand the game. Allowing bini-igbo narrative is not healthy based on projections and if such must be defeated it will through yorubas who acknowledges that binis are closely related to them.
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 29, 2020
gregyboy:

I know your type you are you're like TAO11, the yoruba lady who her purpose is to twist the influence of benin on yorubas. to what suite her....
But you my friend is more worse than TAO11 atleast she agrees there was an influence but you my friend you're a clown.....

Your aim in every benin-igbo culture thread is totally deniel the influence on benin to the igbos

@bolded is correct.
That's the only agenda and done in interest of ndigbo and emergence of future nation by grace.

Understand the game. Allowing bini-igbo narrative is not healthy based on projections and if such must be defeated it will through yorubas who acknowledges that binis are closely related to them.

Oduduwa remains the point and Oduduwa Republic. Understand the trajectory.
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by chiefolododo(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

That reminds me, Igbos have tribal mark too, why do you abandon your culture?
did they use hot iron sponge on the faces of these people?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by davidnazee: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
AreaFada2:

You phrased your question wrongly.

It should be some Igbo look like Edo and some Yoruba look like Edo people too.

We the Edo have a long established empire that expanded westward and Eastward.

Whereas Igbo & Yoruba were a collection of small kingdoms and chiefdoms. Until Oyo grew around 1680s.

You are very correct bro..
The Igbos are not known anywhere in history to have expanded as an empire out of their homelands in the east and also the Yoruba Kingdoms never expanded out of Yorubalands.. Oyo grew but it’s expansion was only inside Yorubalands conquering other little Yoruba Kingdoms around it.
But the Edos on the other hand grew as a mighty Kingdom and expanded out of Edo land conquering and subjugated other tribes and lands.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by davidnazee: 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Funny, I never compared edo to igbo because [b]no historical link to back it up [/b]so it is needless to even try such.

I only stated that aside features, edos and yorubas are closely and tightly related. Birds of same feathers.

There’s lots of historical links.. The Igbos were historically subjects to Benin Kingdom.. Edos ruled over the Igbos. (according to Olaudah Equiano)..

So that’s enough links for u.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by davidnazee: 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

@bolded is correct.

Oduduwa remains the point and Oduduwa Republic. Understand the trajectory.

You sound like Edos want to be one with or connected to Igbos.. you must be confused to even think such. Igbos is Igbos and Edos are Edos, no connection whatsoever so please stop dreaming..
if u want to discuss about who influenced who or subjugated who then that’s a much better topic but I guess you are afraid to talk about that so hiding behind who look like who lol

nobody cares about your Igbo nation u can have it. but if your hidden agenda is about delta state then better u understand that ur Igbo (Biafra) nation ends at the east side of river Niger.

Mugu grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

There’s lots of historical links.. The Igbos were historically subjects to Benin Kingdom.. Edos ruled over the Igbos. (according to Olaudah Equiano)..

So that’s enough links for u.

How does this sound like common history to you?

Didn't British rule over Ghana?

there is no trace of common history between both unlike you will see between yorubas and Edos.
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

You sound like Edos want to be one with or connected to Igbos.. you must be confused to even think such. Igbos is Igbos and Edos are Edos, no connection whatsoever so please stop dreaming..
if u want to discuss about who influenced who or subjugated who then that’s a much better topic but I guess you are afraid to talk about that so hiding behind who look like who lol

Mugu grin

Well if you are conversant on how country emerges this day then I will know I am right.

I said bini-igbo narrative must never be allowed to see the light of the day or breathe must at same time we must encourage the yorubas documented narrative....Get the point.

In consideration of new country, Edos falls rightly under Afenifere or oodua republic.

Get the point.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by davidnazee: 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

How does this sound like common history to you?

Didn't British rule over Ghana?

there is no trace of common history between both unlike you will see between yorubas and Edos.

Then u probably don’t know your history.. what is the common history between Edos and Yorubas? and how is that different from Igbos and Edos?
Anyways culturally as a people Edos and Igbos are closer than Edos and Yorubas..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by davidnazee: 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Well if you are conversant on how country emerges this day then I will know I am right.

I said bini-igbo narrative must never be allowed to see the light of the day or breathe must at same time we must encourage the yorubas documented narrative....Get the point.

In consideration of new country, Edos falls rightly under Afenifere or oodua republic.

Get the point.

Like I said earlier, you are a dreamer lol.
If you are hoping that old bendel will be divided between Yorubas and Igbos then u are not ready for Biafra.
You must know by now that your Biafra ends at the eastern side of river Niger. nobody is dragging that with you, just stay there. Even north delta will never be part of Biafra. That geographical area remains part of Bendel..

Get used to it bro.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Then u probably don’t know your history.. what is the common history between Edos and Yorubas? and how is that different from Igbos and Edos?
Anyways culturally as a people Edos and Igbos are closer than Edos and Yorubas..

These are the kind of narratives am saying we must not allow it to breathe.
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Like I said earlier, you are a dreamer lol.
If you are hoping that old bendel will be divided between Yorubas and Igbos then u are not ready for Biafra.
You must know by now that your Biafra ends at the eastern side of river Niger. nobody is dragging that with you, just stay there. Even north delta will never be part of Biafra. That geographical area remains part of Bendel..

Get used to it bro.

You see what I am saying here..

You are now infringing into Igboland..and feels you have the right.
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by fati2001(m): 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
catfrog10:
Afonjas will invade this thread and start telling you all Edos are one and have yoruba blood. They are paid to continue to confuse gullible Nigerians to perpetuate One Nigeria. They will even go as far as to tell you out of inferiority complex and envy that Igbos are not light skin, when every idiott knows that 90% of all light skin in Nigeria are Igbos, followed by Ibibios and others in socalled SS.

Now to Edo: there two types of people in Edo that many Nigerians don't know. 1) They are Edo with Igbo blood called Igodomigodo people or Idu(changed to Edo). These are the real owners of that Edoland you see. These ones are the Afamai people, Esan, Ogbonna, Fugar, e.t.c, these ones look nothing like Yorubas. They look like typical Igbo people: hairy, flat head, brown to light skin, tall, attractive, their men muscular/well built like Igbo men, dominate sports like Igbos(same DNA) and very honest people. Blessing Okagbare is from there. Even their names sound Igbo. Check Nigeria Sports National team, if you see any Edo person there, nah Igodomigodo(Igbo blood).

Now, you have the invaders aka Yoruba blood. These are the ones causing trouble in Edo like Afonjas are causing in Nigeria. Very lazy like their afonjas brothers; all they do prostitution. These are Dahomey blood Yorubas used by old Oyo Empire to conquer the original OBA of Idu Kingdom, like I said was of Igodomigodo blood, now occupied by yoruba blood. These yoruba blood look like Yorubas: short, dark skin, conehead or small head, skinny, not hairy, lack muscles or strength, 99.99% muslims in Edo are of this yorubaa invaders blood like Oshiomole; even his face will tell you he is of afonja blood.

Now good question, if some Edo are light skin, how the fuccck can they be related to Yorubas, when 99.9999% of yorubas are dark skin? This is common sense! If you are Igbo, search Esan people, you will think they are Igbos; same look, culture and dressing.

Esan people...what's the difference between them and Igbo? Nothing. These people have nothing in common with Yorubas, at all. Don't look or dress like them! Afonjas, stay on your own and leave people alone.
http://unitedesanorganizationhouston.org/index.php/esan-culture-people/
I don't know what to say!
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by davidnazee: 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

These are the kind of narratives am saying we must not allow it to breathe.

Nobody cares or even talk about that narrative so think of another foolish thing to talk about.
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by davidnazee: 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You see what I am saying here..

You are now infringing into Igboland..and feels you have the right.

Which Igbo land? Did u see me cross the river Niger?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Nobody cares or even talk about that narrative so think of another foolish thing to talk about.

Well, that's okay if I say so.
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Which Igbo land? Did u see me cross the river Niger?

So Asaba is Beninland?
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by davidnazee: 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

So Asaba is Beninland?

It definitely is not Igbo. It remains part of Bendel

1 Like

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

It definitely is not Igbo. It remains part of Bendel
LMAO.
You see why some narratives been pushed shouldn't be allowed to breathe.
Na so u want collect person land.
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by davidnazee: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

LMAO.

You see why some narratives been pushed shouldn't be allowed to breathe.

Na so u want collect person land.

I no Dey collect any land bro.. the indigenous people of the land says they are not Biafra so I go with that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by gregyboy(m): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Get the point.

And when your plan suceed, someday the generation of the beni-igbo homogeneity of biafra feel empty because they aren't completely igbos, and they begin for pull out, because they aint core igbo...... What youre doing is creating a time bomb in the biafra republic

Let the people know thier history and let them choose who they will follow, dont deny them thier culture because of your agenda, it will backfire someday..... Bro

Let the people know thier history if you want biafra to succeed.

We dont want delta igbos in edo Republic because they willl causa us harm than good they will fair well in biafra than edo

Be wise is a country you are forming not a family
Allow the benin-igbo know thier history for sanity sake

How long do you think you can hide the truth from them before it blows out

1 Like

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 30, 2020
gregyboy:

And when your plan suceed, someday the generation of the beni-igbo homogeneity of biafra feel empty because they aren't completely igbos, and they begin for pull out, because they aint core igbo...... What youre doing is creating a time bomb in the biafra republic

Let the people know thier history and let them choose who they will follow, dont deny them thier culture because of your agenda, it will backfire someday..... Bro

Let the people know thier history if you want biafra to succeed.

We dont want delta igbos in edo Republic because they willl causa us harm than good they will fair well in biafra than edo

Be wise is a country you are forming not a family
Allow the benin-igbo know thier history for sanity sake

How long do you think you can hide the truth from them before it blows out

There no such history. Just Imagination.
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by gregyboy(m): 9:03am On Jun 30, 2020
Osagyefo98:

There no such history. Just Imagination.

That's what you tell them... Lol, ok
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
AreaFada2:

You phrased your question wrongly.

It should be some Igbo look like Edo and some Yoruba look like Edo people too.

We the Edo have a long established empire that expanded westward and Eastward.

Whereas Igbo & Yoruba were a collection of small kingdoms and chiefdoms. Until Oyo grew around 1680s.

Edo is a minority, nobody sabi them,
They have no particularly look, angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by AreaFada2: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
Sofistcatdmoron:

Edo is a minority, nobody sabi them,
They have no particularly look, angry
Edo is 4th largest ethnic group. Edoid people include Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe, Degema, Epie-Atissa, Ekpeye, much of Ikwerre (with some Igbo mixed into it) and many more, 22 distinct groups make up Edo. More are identifying themselves in Niger & Benue states.

Your ignorance leads you to call Edo minority. Edo are larger than Ijaw, Tiv and Efik/Ibibio.

On BBC last night (29th of June, 2020, in the news, they announced that museums will soon re-open. Benin arts section was what the news showed to signify museum. If you doubt it, watch it on BBC iplayer.

That is Edo that you said nobody sabi. While tribalism is blinding many Nigerians, those who have eyes are seeing clearly.
Davidnazee
gregyboy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by AreaFada2: 1:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
gregyboy:

It's all a plot. Igbo are aiming for "purity" and Yoruba aiming for imperialism. Igbo purity story fits into excision from Nigeria while Yoruba imperialism will make the the soul voice of the South. Since Igbo can be conveniently excluded, playing on Northern fear that Igbo want to break up Nigeria.

They all know what they are doing. But it's penny wise, pound foolish at the end.
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Sofistcatdmoron: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
AreaFada2:

Edo is 4th largest ethnic group. Edoid people include Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe, Degema, Epie-Atissa, Ekpeye, much of Ikwerre (with some Igbo mixed into it) and many more, 22 distinct groups make up Edo. More are identifying themselves in Niger & Benue states.

Your ignorance leads you to call Edo minority. Edo are larger than Ijaw, Tiv and Efik/Ibibio.

On BBC last night (29th of June, 2020, in the news, they announced that museums will soon re-open. Benin arts section was what the news showed to signify museum. If you doubt it, watch it on BBC iplayer.

That is Edo that you said nobody sabi. While tribalism is blinding many Nigerians, those who have eyes are seeing clearly.
Davidnazee
gregyboy
Edo state is not even a tribe,,its just a state, its a collection of people from different backgrounds grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by gregyboy(m): 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2020
AreaFada2:

Davidnazee
gregyboy

Nor mind the mofo....

E say nobody sabi edo people.... This one na mumu
Re: Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks by Sofistcatdmoron: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
gregyboy:

Nor mind the mofo....

E say nobody sabi edo people.... This one na mumu
There is only wa zo bia,
Any other tribes is an affiliate of the three angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You / Dead Kingmakers Listed As Voters In Selection Of Monarch In Pakka, Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.