Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,472 members, 7,850,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:22 AM

Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year (24258 Views)

Victor Osimhen Wins Serie A Footballer Of The Year / Victor Osimhen Wins Best African Player At Ghana Football Awards (Video) / Osimhen Wins Player Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by phaphyz05(m): 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
Angelfrost:
Ligue 1 African player of the year??! Seriously??!... Is there also a Ligue 1 European, South American, or Asian Player of the year??!...

Maybe someone should enlighten me on the point of this award, and why other leagues with African players are not doing same...

Congrats to him tho... Hope to see an African win overall player of the year in EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, etc, more often.
My thoughts exactly. I think this needs redress. I thought we just put up a no colour campaign and this is still happening?
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by Angelfrost(m): 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
tfash96:
Pls tell me if Suarez will be in Camp Nou forever.. Football is not about how you think.. Messi's been in Camp Nou since Ronaldinho's days even b4 sef .. It means future preparation

Good sir, Osimhen is not that young (forget the age in his bio). He needs to be starting games, not adding weight on the bench.

Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, etc will simply take him down the predictable route of his fellow Nigerians: Mikel Obi, and Kelechi Iheanacho.
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by nosaobaseki(m): 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Edo nation has blessed us with strikers!

Oba ga to pere!!! Ise!
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by ofiko123(m): 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
Congratulations to Victor Osimhen..
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by Ibhamzah17: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
tfash96:
Sky is your 1st step.. Barcelona won't see this 1 and sign o it's 1 ancestor Pjanic they will be signing

Barca matter dey tire me this days
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by tfash96(m): 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ibhamzah17:

Barca matter dey tire me this days
as in sense don run from them
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by tfash96(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
Angelfrost:

Good sir, Osimhen is not that young (forget the age in his bio). He needs to be starting games, not adding weight on the bench.

Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, etc will simply take him down the predictable route of his fellow Nigerians: Mikel Obi, and Kelechi Iheanacho.
Okay o I've heard you o but the bench you're talking about can never be long because he's going to meet old players in Camp nou.. Almost our 1st eleven players are old... It can't be that bad for him especially if he shows his best unlike Coutinho that even when Iniesta left he's still a flop in Barcelona
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by Emperormartin(m): 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
DeRay98:

Yes Bro,
Like :
Sunny Oyarekhua (1970s)
Julius Aghahowa ie Aghawonder,
Osazee Odemwingie
Yakubu Aiyegbeni
Friday Elaiho ie Elastic Elaiho
Humphrey Edobor..
Victor Ikpeba
Victor Moses
Recently Odion Ighalo
And now Victor Osimhen
Those easily comes to mind
There's one Edo player I like well well but he's not in the books of gehnot rohr. His name is nosa. Nosakhare igiebor; though he is not a striker

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by ogbonti: 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2020
kapelvej:
Edo Amaka!!! grin grin grin

Edo been giving Nigeria striker since 1678
Aghaowa
Ayegbeni
Osimen
Ikpeba
Ighalo
Odemwingie

other greats from Edo

Kadiri Ikhana
Humphrey Edobor
Friday Elahor
Thompson Oliha
Bright Omokaro (10 - 10)
Sunday Eboigbe
Austin Eguavoen
Austin Igbinobaro
Victor Igbinoba
Goalkeeper Wilfred Agbovbare
Andrew Aikhuomogbe
Nosa Osa Osadolor
Osaro Obobaifo

others too numerous to mention

2 Likes

Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by earnit2: 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
good
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by Clint02(m): 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Very true sir,very true.
I believe Edo for that one.
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by kapelvej: 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
slam7000:

You had to omit Samson Siasia? Na waa for u. angry
Bayelsa
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by Martinelli35: 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bolowolowo:
very true
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by DeRay98(m): 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
Emperormartin:

There's one Edo player I like well well but he's not in the books of gehnot rohr. His name is nosa. Nosakhare igiebor; though he is not a striker
Nosa Igiebor is midfielder and not a striker, he was used by Keshi in 2013 AFCON but he didn't raise his game, Rohr invited at the beginning of his first tenure but Nosa still didn't measure up so he was dropped.

1 Like

Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by DeRay98(m): 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
ogbonti:

other greats from Edo

Kadiri Ikhana
Humphrey Edobor
Friday Elahor
Thompson Oliha
Bright Omokaro (10 - 10)
Sunday Eboigbe
Austin Eguavoen
Austin Igbinobaro
Victor Igbinoba
Goalkeeper Wilfred Agbovbare
Andrew Aikhuomogbe
Nosa Osa Osadolor
Osaro Obobaifo

others too numerous to mention

The topic is about strikers and not all positions in field.
You mentioned players from all positions that 'll be too much for this list
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by ogbonti: 9:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
DeRay98:

The topic is about strikers and not all positions in field.
You mentioned players from all positions that 'll be too much for this list

lol - the thread title was about "best african player in French league one" - somehow someone made it about strikers - then someone mentioned edo born strikers, and i mentioned edo players - so how did I kill Jesus with my response that you are seeking to correct me? grin grin grin naija man chill ok
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
kapelvej:
Edo Amaka!!! grin grin grin

Edo been giving Nigeria striker since 1678
Aghaowa
Ayegbeni
Osimen
Ikpeba
Ighalo
Odemwingie

Ahmed Musa sef join
Re: Victor Osimhen Wins Best Ligue 1 African Player Of The Year by Ayobami7(m): 8:57am On Jun 30, 2020
Congrats

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Qatar 2022: Groups, Fixtures, Stadiums, Squads, Tickets And More / Boxing Coach Giving Morale In Yoruba (video) / Mario Zagallo Dies At 92 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.