Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Official:urgent! Urgent! Urgent!- Obama Cup Is A Fraud Oh! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official:urgent! Urgent! Urgent!- Obama Cup Is A Fraud Oh! (1279 Views)

Nigeria Vs Cameroun Ends 0-1: Oh Oh! / Shocker: Eagles' Obama Cup May Be A Fraud / Vas2nets/mtn Promo Is A Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official:urgent! Urgent! Urgent!- Obama Cup Is A Fraud Oh! by 12large1: 11:57am On Jan 31, 2011
i have investigated everything checked every usa website,kenyan website the same with iran and there is nothing like obama cup this month. which kind of nonsense is this how can they just fool everybody like dat. even the stadium website don't have nothing on this so called tornament. anyway i can't blame nff they are trying lets give them time but remember there is no obama cup this month
Re: Official:urgent! Urgent! Urgent!- Obama Cup Is A Fraud Oh! by 12large1: 11:58am On Jan 31, 2011
anybody think i'm lying lets bet
Re: Official:urgent! Urgent! Urgent!- Obama Cup Is A Fraud Oh! by honeric01(m): 12:05pm On Jan 31, 2011
So because you searched and couldn't see it, it's automatically a fraud? SMH. so no journalist in Nigeria investigated abi? undecided
Re: Official:urgent! Urgent! Urgent!- Obama Cup Is A Fraud Oh! by 12large1: 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2011
ok my guy drop ur money hw much u wan bet
Re: Official:urgent! Urgent! Urgent!- Obama Cup Is A Fraud Oh! by honeric01(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
N30k

Winner takes all.

Deal? undecided
Re: Official:urgent! Urgent! Urgent!- Obama Cup Is A Fraud Oh! by semid4lyfe(m): 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2011
12large1:
i have investigated everything checked every usa website,kenyan website the same with iran and there is nothing like obama cup this month. which kind of nonsense is this how can they just fool everybody like dat. even the stadium website don't have nothing on this so called tornament. anyway i can't blame nff they are trying lets give them time but remember there is no obama cup this month

Your investigation indeed as if this story has not been in the news for a while tongue .At least, you for credit the place wey you hear am or read about am.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/sports/3037-shocker-eagles-obama-cup-may-be-a-fraud

THERE are strong indications that the much talked about The United States’ President Day Celebrations Soccer Invitational Tournament tagged “Obama Cup” may afterall be a fraud.

Super Eagles of Nigeria, according to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), is expected to participate in the Invitational Soccer Tournament later in the year.

The championship was earlier scheduled to hold in July 2010 but was cancelled without any concrete reasons by the organisers.

However, a visit to the tournament website; www.greensoccerbowl.com by Sunday Tribunesports  showed nothing to the effect that a tournament of such magnitude, will hold.

The only page on the site indicated that Iraq , Kenya , Poland , Lebanon , Nigeria , Mexico , Bosnia and Herzegovina will participate in a tournament without the host country, the United States of America giving no further details.

It was also observed on the site that the contact details of the organiser, Pius Okeh was not included or telephone numbers of the others involved in the organisation of the Invitational Soccer Tournament.

To further confirm its findings, Sunday Tribunesports’ visit to one of the venues earmarked for the match, Cotton Bowl Stadium, has nothing on the tournament listed on its site but an international friendly involving USA against Italy was mentioned.

Sunday Tribunesports investigation on the site of United States Football Federation, USFF.com has no information on the Obama Cup.

The Obama Cup was not also listed on the site of the  Kenya Football Association indicating that the East Africans are not aware of such a tournament.

Sunday Tribunesports’ telephone call to some Nigerians in Dallas and Detroit, venues of the tournament, showed that there was no such tournament in the pipeline as those who spoke with said they had not heard about it and that the news was not in the US media, adding  that there was no awareness campaign going on about the said Obama Cup.

The Nigerians in the United States of America thus advised the NFF to be careful of whom they deal with in this situation so that the country’s name would not be tarnished and the Super Eagles embarrassed.

Won't be surprised if the tournament is for real and does take place cos some "bad-belle" journalists also reported the Guetamala friendly match in USA was false until the NFF came out strongly with documented evidence to refute the reports. NFF has been involved with so many botched friendlies that Nigerians, particularly the press have become cynical about any friendly, lol

Lets give the NFF the benefit of the doubt and wait till February 9 and 11 for the Guetamala friendly and Obama cup respectively.
Re: Official:urgent! Urgent! Urgent!- Obama Cup Is A Fraud Oh! by 12large1: 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2011
nah semid i investigation has absolutely nothing to do with tribune report. is just co-incidental dat after i said that another report came. honeric since we cannot see each other to give the winner money lets bet if there is anything like obama cup this month i would leave nairaland.com, and if there isn't u would leave nairaland agree. semid me thinks the guatamala game is also fraud because nobody recognize dat one too
Re: Official:urgent! Urgent! Urgent!- Obama Cup Is A Fraud Oh! by kannymoore(m): 8:40am On Feb 01, 2011
I heard that the egypt vs Usa friendly has been called off citing the civil unrest that has bedeviled Egypt these past few days. I hope the Nff can seize this opportunity to play Usa instead. . . I.e if thd U.s dont have a plan B in place.

(1) (Reply)

Pre NUGA Game ZONE B In Lautech Ogbomoso Update / Football Transfer Live! / Young Neymar With Maradona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.