Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) (4638 Views)

DEAD END By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Short Christian Story.) / DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) / My Fiance Is Holy ( A Christian Love Story By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi.) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story you need to read.)

(Child Training, Friendship, Celebrity Life, Family Life, Couples Life and lots more all in one story.)

All rights reserved.

No part of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without permission from the author: Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi. (adebisimercyfunmito@gmail.com)

Avoid Plagiarism.

Do enjoy this story and most of all be Blessed.
-------------

Episode 1

"Mummy, mummy."

My four year old daughter called out from her play room as I heard the sound of her little feet pad the passage towards the kitchen.

I couldn't come up with why she would call me but I knew one thing for sure, she had once again gotten tired of her video songs.

I dropped the plate I was washing and rinsed my hands.

I moved quickly to the gas cooker to check the food I was boiling.

"Victory, victory hallelujah..." she sang as she entered the kitchen.

"Mummy. Mummy. " she called again as she patted my leg to get my attention.

"Yes, baby. What is it?"
I covered the pot in front of me before staring down at her.

"Bible Story!" she said as she held up her small picture Bible up at me.

"I knew it!" I said under my breath.

"Sapphire, listen to me." I said as her little eyes peered at me with rapt attention.

"Daddy will be back from work anytime soon and I still have a long way to go with Lunch. So could you just read it on your own today? Please!"

I said as I pulled out a small stool and assisted her to sit on it.

"Mummy, Aunty said I'm reading rubbish."

"Just keep opening it. OK."
I said as she nodded and focused back on the Bible.

I hasted back to the sink to continue washing the dishes.

I looked back at her as she opened each pages and stared at the pictures thoughtfully.

I smiled.

My little girl was a bundle of Wonder.

Years earlier when I had discovered I was expecting, I started speaking to the young life in my womb like I would to a little child.

As the life in my womb turned two months, I would pray for her and declare great things into her life.

At five months, I would sit and tell her Bible Stories. I would also teach her songs.

At this point, my husband would watch me in amazement but I knew I was sowing a seed in the life in me.

I wouldn't spend much time but in those minutes the child in me would remain calm 'listening'.

One of the days, I knew it wasn't all in vain was when I was 7 months gone and I was in a lot of discomfort that day. The little one in me was probably so excited or really uncomfortable about something.

I and my husband tried everything but I wasn't comforted in any way.

A song I would always sing then came to my mind and I had not even finished singing the first line when she remain calm.

My husband had looked at me that day and said "Looks like someone has been having a good time with her mother."

A day after she was born and my mom was giving her a warm bath and she started crying, I started singing the song and she paused to listen.

There were days I would be working and singing the song. Sapphire would not take her eyes off me for those moments except she fell asleep. As she grew, she would even mumble words after me in her own way.

I also continued the Bible Story sections with her.

I would tell her stories while breastfeeding her and whenever I had the opportunity to be alone with her. I also made sure to keep tab of each story I had told her making it in such a way that I told her each story at least three times.

I would play songs for her to listen and as young as she was, she began to develop a special interest for Don Moen's songs.

My young daughter grew on with the word of God as a special interest.

At her tender age, she found it uncomfortable to sit still with video songs or games for long as she gets bored so fast and would come running to me for her "Bible Story."

She didn't mind not playing with other kids as long as she had her Picture Bible with her.

The Story continues...

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
Episode 1 Continued.

She didn't mind not playing with other kids as long as she had her Picture Bible with her.

"Mummy." She called jolting me back to the present.

"Yes dear." I said looking back at her.

"It's boring."

"It's boring?"

"Hmm!" she said as she shook her head.

"Sapphire, are you saying the Bible is boring?" I looked at her questionably.

"No mummy but it is not boring if you tell me."

"OK. I understand. Which one should I narrate to you?"

"This one." she said as she stood up to show me the page that had caught her interest.

"OK. That's the story of Peter."

"I know Peter." she said looking at me.

"Really?"

"The one that said he did not know Jesus." she said confidently.

"Are you sure?" I asked as I squinted my eyes at her.

"Yes! He even said it three times. Mummy, you told me the story now." she said looking at me as if trying to figure out why I was acting like that.

"Sapphire, clap for yourself."
I said as she jammed her hands together.

"Mummy, Jesus is happy." she said in a whisper.

"Hmm, How do you know that?"
I asked surprised.

"Because I did not forget the Bible Story. I know Jesus is happy."

"Oh! That's great." I replied laughing as I quickly moved to check what I was cooking.

"Sapphire, sit down. Let me check what I'm cooking."

"Okay Ma." she replied with a wide smile as she returned to her previous position.

"Thank you Lord for Sapphire." I said silently.

"OK. So it happened that after Jesus fed the people with five loaves of bread and two fishes he told the disciples to be going so that he would send the people away."

"After that, he went to pray for sometime. When he was done, he walked upon the sea towards the disciples because the wind was blowing."

"But the disciples thought he was a spirit. They were so afraid. So Jesus told them not to be afraid that he was the one."

I stopped as I looked back at Sapphire.

All her attention was fixed on me.

"Sapphire, why do you think Jesus was able to walk on a large amount of water like that?"

"Momma, Jesus is powerful now. He made the water so he knows the water will obey him." She said as she smiled.

"Good girl. So as I was saying, Peter then told Jesus to tell him to come; Jesus granted him his request and told him to come. So he came out of the big boat and was walking to Jesus."

"Ha! Mummy, Peter will drown in the water now, the water may not obey him." She said with pity looking at the picture before her slightly.

I smiled.

"No, he didn't because Jesus was the one that told him to come."

She looked back at me excited.

"Okay, he knows that Jesus will not let him drown?"

She asked dashing her eyelids at me.

"Yes... But as Peter was going he looked at the wind, he was now afraid and he began to sink. He began to enter the water."

"Momma, what did Jesus now do?" She stared at me eager for an answer.

"Well, Peter knew he was in trouble and he cried "Jesus, save me."

"Did Jesus answer?"

"Jesus ..." I began when;

Knock! Knock!

"Well, looks like Daddy is back." I said to her as I left the kitchen.

"I'm Coming." I called out as I walked towards the sitting room.

She trotted after me happily.

"Welcome sweetheart." I said as I opened the door for my husband.

"Oh, Good evening darling. How was your day?" he replied as he drew me in for a hug and a brief peck. Behind me Sapphire struggled to reach him.

"Daddy, me too." she shouted out as I collected his suitcase and moved away to let the two of them catch up.

"My princess, how are you?"

"Fine. Daddy, how are you ?"

"I'm fine but I'm terribly hungry." he said as he sat down on the Sofa with Sapphire in his arms.

"Let me get back to the kitchen. Sapphire had my attention for sometime today but your meal should be ready in some minutes." I said quickly as I hurried back to the kitchen.

"Momma, what happened to Peter?" she called after me.

"Ask Daddy." I shouted back.

"What's that?" I heard him ask her as she did her own summary of what I had told her.

I smiled!

The story still continues...

3 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
Still Episode 1.

She was a good listener.

"So Daddy, did Jesus save Peter?"

"Yes! Jesus stretched his hand and caught him. But Jesus corrected him that he was beginning to doubt him. His trust in God wavered at that point."

"Wavered?" she said.

"OK, I mean his trust in God was not strong at that time."

"Daddy, you like Big English. Mummy use small English."
She said laughing.

"That is why she is Mummy and I am Daddy. Okay, so what did you learn?"

"I should trust Jesus. Jesus cannot lie like Peter said he did not know Jesus. If Jesus knows me, he will say he knows me and he will help me."

"That's my princess, clap for yourself." he said as she clapped her hands.

"Sapphire, come and give me a hand." I called out as I cleaned some dishes to give her.

"Take this to the Dining Table."
I said as soon as she arrived and handed her some empty plates.

She walked off singing.

"Be careful!" I shouted after her as my husband entered the Kitchen.

"Darling, I'm famished."

"I'm sorry. I just have to dish the meal."

"Well-done." he said as he looked around the kitchen.

"Thank you." I replied smiling.

"Are we needing this?" he asked pointing to a covered dish on the Kitchen Table.

"Yes please." I replied as he carried it and walked towards the dining room.

In minutes the meal was served and we all settled down to eat.

"Daddy... Let me pray."

"Okay Sapphire.. Remember I'm hungry so go straight to the point." My husband said.

"You can talk to God about your friends later, OK." he added quickly.

"Hmm. OK." she replied as we closed our eyes.

"In Jesus name, thank you Jesus for bringing Daddy back safely. Thank you for this food. Bless this food for us in Jesus name. Daddy said I should not pray for my friends now but Jesus you know that Bimpe may not have food to eat at home because her Mommy is sick and she told me her Daddy said there is no money. Please provide food for Bimpe too. In Jesus name we have prayed."

"Amen." we replied.

"Daddy, sorry. I had to pray for Bimpe."

"Sapphire, it's alright. You just made God happy you know."

"Really?" she asked blushing.

"Yes dear. Now eat your food." he replied as I looked at father and daughter.

"Thanks sweetheart." he said with a broad smile on his face.

"You are welcome." I said as I started eating.

"Not for the food. I mean I'm thankful for the meal but I'm saying thank you for our daughter." he said as he held my hand.

I blushed!

"Well..." I replied looking at Sapphire as she ate her food.

"Those moments of your labour was not in vain. Yeah, I know we still have a lot to do for her but the seed of the Word has been planted in her and I pray nothing will take the love of God from her heart in Jesus name."

"Amen. The Lord has been faithful. It has been worth it actually."

"Yes." he replied as he started his meal.

"Daddy, I want to go for the Children outreach in the Church but Mrs Anabelle said I'm too little and that I will be crying. Please help me tell her I will not cry. I want to listen to Pastor "Kumsuyi"."

We laughed.

"His name is not Pastor Kumsuyi but Pastor Kumuyi." her father corrected.

"Okay but tell her. You hear? "

"I will but don't you use to sleep when Pastor is preaching?" I asked.

"Pastor use big English like Daddy." she stopped then shook her head. "No, more than Daddy; so I fall asleep later but I love how he do open the Bible and preach.

"Mummy use to write very well when he is preaching. I want to be preaching too when I am big like you." She smiled.

"But Mummy, you said Samuel preach when he was small. Daddy, I want to preach. You hear? I want to preach. "

"Sapphire, don't worry. You will be an instrument in God's hands in Jesus name." Her father replied.

"Amen. But Daddy what is instrument?"

"Sweetheart, you'll understand OK." he laughed.

"OK Daddy."

I smiled at my husband.

Yes! Children are the Heritage of the Lord but begin to sow the seed of the Word in them at a tender age before it is too late.

5 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 11:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hello Readers, how about we learn more about our four year old little friend.

Let us find out what her Lord has in store for her.

How will Sapphire handle it when she begins to experience some things that are too vast for her tender mind?

How will her parents accept the fact that their daughter is indeed a wonder?

Watch out for SAPPHIRE II.

Source: https://peculiarinspiro.com/2020/01/28/sapphire-2/
--------------

Remember to drop your thoughts as regards the Story.

Invite people to read too Please!

Cc: Lalasticlala, lolaspen, TemidayoRiches, Peculiar2020, ScientistGood01, Clemency24, TripleOne, Honymix, Geniusepoxy, glo03, Aymee, Adekemi01, fumsin, TheEdenPlace20, Eunice112, Faithfulwrites2, Ruthina1, Beccawumi, Debbyboboye, trophygracie, Fayodamilola, omeizadeborah, ShalomA, Oluwamarytalabi, nueltosin1, treasuretaiwo, Botapreneur, ASHSALT, Olajhidey22

Story Source: www.peculiarinspiro.com

1 Like

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
Episode 2

“Happy birthday to you;
Happy birthday to you;
Happy birthday Sapphire;
Happy birthday to you.”

The Andersons sang for their daughter immediately after the family devotion on the morning of September 11th.

“Thank you Mum and Dad. I really appreciate it.” She said bowing slightly.

“I can’t believe my princess is 8 years old just like that.” John Anderson said, holding his hands up in a form of an imaginary spectacle.

Sapphire laughed loudly, clutching her tummy as she did.

“Well, baby girl.” Her mother Megan started as she stood up to bring out a wrapped parcel from behind the sofa.

“Mum! Why is this so big?” She said making towards her mother.

“We know it’s small.” Her Father said with a wide smile on his face.

“Daddy, I don’t even know what is in there yet.”

“This is from both of us. Happy Birthday, Sapphire.” Megan said as she handed the big parcel to her and pulled her in for a brief hug.

“Thank you so much Mummy. Thank you Dad.”

“Can I open it now?” She asked excited.

“Well…” her Mum started as she looked at her father.

“Open it and tell us what you think about it.” John pointed towards the gift.

He and Megan watched as their daughter struggled with the gift. She tore at the material used to wrap it.

“Mum, this is heavy.”

“And why does this shape look strange? Hmm!”

She tore the wrapper and…

“Mum…It’s a Violin! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you” She screamed excitedly.

“How did you come up with this?” she asked dashing her eyelids at her father.

“Your Mother just didn’t stop talking about how she thought you would really love to play a violin.” He said shoving his shoulder up a bit.

“I notice the way you look at the Violinists in Church and I have realized that you have a special love for Don Moen’s songs because he is a Violinist.” Her mother added smiling.

“Mum! I love you.” She said rushing over to hug her.

“And me?” Her father asked feigning jealousy.

“I love you too Dad and Thanks.”

“You are God’s precious gift to us, Sweetheart. Don’t ever forget we love you.” Her mother said patting her back slightly.

“I won’t Mum.” She said looking up at her.

A thought crossed her mind. She smiled.

“And why that smile?” Her mum asked looking at her carefully.

“Well…” she laughed. “I just wondered if God could give me a gift too?”

John smiled at his daughter’s words.

“Well, I know he does things for me but maybe he could also give me something for my birthday.” She said with sincerity in her voice.

Megan laughed.

“You could ask him because God is faithful and he loves sincere people.”

“Okay. I will give it a try.”

“And let us know whatever happens.” John said.

“Okay.” Sapphire responded.

“Let us pray?” John said as Sapphire knelt down in front of them and he prayed for his daughter’s new age.

As they prayed, the 8 year old girl began to imagine how it would feel like to receive a birthday gift from God.

She just couldn’t wait to discover that.

The Story continues...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
Episode 1 Continued.

Sapphire entered the garden happily.

She stopped for few minutes to take in her environment.

The only thing that caught her interest was a swing.

In few minutes she had positioned herself on it, using her weight to move it back and forth.

With each glide, the swing moved faster and higher.

“Hello Child.” A voice called out few meters from the swing.

She slowed down without answering but leapt off the swing suddenly.

She stopped to catch her breath as she stared at the man who now stood in front of her.

“Good afternoon Sir.” She said still breathing heavily.

“Such a wonderful place to relax.” He said as he took few steps away from the swing.

“Yes. This place reflects God’s work a lot. Isn’t God wonderful?” She looked at the man for a response.

“Of course, he is.” He replied as he looked around him with satisfaction.

“Walk with me.” He called out as he moved few steps again.

Sapphire trotted after him.

“Why is he so fast?” She thought as she tried to catch up with him.

“Shall I slow down then?” he asked to her amazement.

He looked back at her with a smile as she gazed at him in awe.

“Wow!” she finally said not finding the right words to describe how amazed she was.

“There is actually someone I know who is all knowing like this.” Sapphire said looking at him thoughtfully.

“No…” She shook her head quickly as she tried to walk past him.

“I’m not that special to him that he would show me things like this.”

He smiled.

“You are.”

“How can you know that?” she asked surprised.

“You shouldn’t doubt me after what happened minutes ago.”

“Well, Mum mentioned something one day about testing every spirit. I can't just believe everything I hear.” She said with a serious tone.

“There goes Sapphire the good listener.” He laughed lightly.

“You know my name?” She stopped suddenly.

“Well to the reason for this visit. I have a gift for you.” He said with a face that made it difficult for Sapphire to figure out his mood.

“Wow, thank you.” She said as she stared at his hands to see something shining.

“I didn’t see that all this while.” She thought.

“But I’m not going to give you now.” He said to her surprise as He walked past her.

“But why Sir?” She asked walking after him quickly; not too pleased to hear he wasn't giving her the gift.

He kept silent for sometime as they walked on.

“You aren’t fit to own the gift yet. You are presently like a man who lived many years ago.” He finally answered as her little mind tried to process his words.

“Okay. I don’t really understand but if I know the name of the man I could ask around about him.”

“No.” he said suddenly making her stop abruptly.

“Only your parents can know about this visit. They have some information about the man that will help.” He added quickly.

“Okay Sir.”

“Cornelius! That’s his name.” he said as he started to walk off.

“Cornelius?” she said as she started walking after him but he seemed to be becoming more faster with each step as the distance between them increased rapidly.

“And the gift?” she asked when she realized he was moving so fast and she definitely wouldn't be able to do keep up with him.

“You’ll get it as soon as you do the right thing. Don’t forget to find out about Cornelius.” He said not shouting but she seemed to hear him clearly despite the wide distance between them.

“Go back home.” He commanded as she turned thoughtfully.

“Cornelius! Cornelius!" She muttered as she walked off.

Megan dropped the Christian Women magazine she was reading as she looked up at the wall clock.

It was 6:00pm. It was high time her daughter woke up from her siesta to do her homeworks.

She stood up from the sofa swiftly and went towards Sapphire’s room.

She opened the door to her daughter's room, entered and closed it back softly.

She was still fast asleep.

Megan moved closer to her.

“Sapphire. You need to do your homework." She said tapping her to wake her.

The Story doesn't end here....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
"Sapphire!”

“Cornelius!” The girl muttered from her sleep.

Megan stopped for a minute.

“Cornelius!" She said again this time frowning her face thoughtfully from her sleep.

“A dream?” Megan thought as she tapped her daughter once more.

“Sapphire, wake up." she called again sitting beside her gently.

“Yes!” her daughter replied as she opened her eyes.

“You need to do your homeworks." Megan said tapping her again.

“Alright Mum.” She said still laying down but rubbing at her left eye furiously.

“It was a dream.” Sapphire said looking at her mum.

“Yeah. You were mentioning a name from your sleep. You want to talk about it?”

“Where is Dad?” she asked trying to sit up.

“He’s asleep. You prefer talking to him?” Megan asked surprised.

“No. I will tell you both.”

“Okay, you can tell us later then.” Her mother said as she moved to rise up from her bed.

“No, Mum. This is what I saw.” She began as she explained everything to her mum.

“So Cornelius is the key?” Megan asked after listening to her daughter.

“Yes. There is a lesson I need to learn from him.” Sapphire said nodding her head.

“First, Cornelius is a bible character.” Megan said.

“So I have to study the Bible then?”

“Its more than that. Why don’t you pray God leads us to the answer?”

“Mum, are you saying that man is Jesus Christ?” she asked gaping at her mum.

“I didn’t say that but I do know that dream is divine. What matters now is getting to know what you need to learn about Cornelius.”

“Okay, Mum. Thanks.” She said as her mother made to leave her room.

As soon as Megan stepped out of the room, she went straight to the room she shared with her husband to wake him up.

“What is the general thing we know about Cornelius?”

John asked his wife as soon as she had recounted everything to him.

“Cornelius was a devout man, he feared God and prayed to God always but he hadn’t done something that was important.” Megan replied.

“Which is why The Lord showed him a vision to send for Peter.” added John.

“There is something we have been missing out for a long time that the Lord is pointing out to us." Megan said.

“How about we stop trying to use our head and go back to the scriptures.”

“Yes. Let me get our Bibles.”
Megan stood up and went towards their study Table to get their Bibles.

“It should be Acts chapter 10. I’m sure we’ll see something. The Lord will open our eyes.”

Thirty minutes passed as the couple studied the Chapter over and over again.

Knock! Knock!

“Mum!” Sapphire called from outside their door.

“Come in dear.”

She entered the room with her Bible and a jotter.

“I have been reading about Cornelius. Daddy, what if I’m like Cornelius.”

“What do you mean?” her Father asked.

“I’m not been boastful but like Cornelius I love God and I pray but maybe I haven’t done something important.”

“Which is?” her mother asked.

“I don't know really but I feel you need to be to me who Peter was to Cornelius that day. You are the one to help direct me do what I need to do.”

John looked back at the Bible Chapter quickly as a Bible verse dropped in his mind.

"But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. Isaiah 64:6."

Understanding dawned on him.

“Sweetheart, I think I understand.” John said suddenly.

“Has Sapphire really ever given her life to Christ at one point of her life?” he asked his wife.

She didn't respond.

“Isn’t she just religious and devout but not born again?” he asked again as his wife shook her head in understanding.

“We missed something this important. Lord, we are sorry.” Megan said soberly.

“Mum, does that mean if I had perhaps died I would still have gone to hell?” asked Sapphire in horror.

“Sadly, Yes. Good acts and religious activities cannot get one to heaven, only Salvation through Jesus Christ can.” her mother explained.

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
“Okay. So what do I do?” The young girl asked gently.

“Come and sit down here.” John patted the chair in front of him as she moved closer to him.

Megan prayed silently within her as her husband explained the importance of Salvation and confessing the Lord as her personal Lord and Saviour.

“So Saphhire, are you ready to give your life to Christ?” John asked his daughter.

“Yes, Daddy. I’m ready.”

“Thank you Jesus.” Megan said as her husband led their daughter to Christ.

“Thanks, Mum. Thanks, Dad.”

“Glory be to God. Sapphire no matter what happens remember God loves you. He didn’t let you keep giving yourself false hope becuse right now he is indeed your hope of Glory.”

Megan thanked the Lord silently for bringing the matter of Sapphire’s salvation to their attention. The religious activities wouldn't have taken the young girl far and all their labour would have been futile.

Her future would have also been a mirage.

“For today, I will forever be grateful Lord.” Megan said soberly.

2 WEEKS LATER

“Oh how I love Jesus.
Oh how I love Jesus.
Oh how I love Jesus.
Because he first loves me.”

Sapphire played on her violin as she sang along.

She was sitting on her bed with her music notebook in front of her.

“I missed the last line again.” she said frowning slightly.

“It’s d r f m r d.” A male voice said gently in the room.

Sapphire looked up to see a familiar man standing and leaning on the door.

“Wow! The man who could read my thoughts. How did you get into my room?” she asked so happy to see him.

“Do you know music too?” she asked again without waiting for him to respond.

“Well I could go anywhere I want to anytime and I am so wise than you can imagine.” he replied walking towards her bed.

“Wow. So? How do I play the notes I keep forgetting.” she asked eager to hear more from him.

“Since you are playing on G major which is the fourth string, it should be this way.” He said as he collected the violin from her and played gently for her to see.

"You are the best!" she said as he handed it back to her.

"Let me see you play it now." He said.

She smiled shyly as she carefully played the last line again under his scrutiny.

"You did well." He nodded his head in approval.

“Thank you. I pray I don’t forget it again.” she said.

“Well, if you would ever forget anything about this song it wouldn’t be that line I just taught you.”

“Oh! Alright.” She said dropping the violin beside her bed.

She sat with her legs crossed as she looked at the man again.

She wished she could ask him who he was but she kept quiet.

“Here.” He said stretching out something to her.

Sapphire looked down at his hands to see the most beautiful spectacle she had ever seen.

It was made of pure gold and it was shining brightly.

“Wow! This is beautiful.” she said excitedly.

“Yes, it is. It has been with me for a long time and I have planned to give to you. I was waiting for the right moment for you to have it.”

“Me?” she asked .

“I don’t know how I will use it?"

"What if its stolen from me?"

"How can you trust me with this beautiful treasure?" she asked with shaken voice, dashing her eyelids furiously as she spoke.

“You will be taught how to use it as each day goes by." he started as he spoke with gentle but firm voice.

"I have sent a teacher to you, he will guide you; he will teach you the right way to use it."

"It won’t be stolen from you, if you don’t place it carelessly where the enemy will have access to it."

"Treasure it but don’t treasure it above me."

"Preserve it and don’t let it be dirtied in any way. You will soon realize what it means and you will know the right way to use it.” he concluded.

“Oh!” Sapphire said as she stretched forth her trembling hands to accept it.

He placed a hand on her shoulder as peace flooded her heart; with his other hand he placed the shiny object gently in her hands.

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
“It can never be blur if you use it cautiously. The Bible...” He said pointing to her Bible on her study table; “will remain a guide to you. Remember, don’t lose it; as this is a treasure that should be used the right way.” He said as the young girl listened.

“I don’t know what to say but thank you Sir. God will help me.” she said softly.

“Yes, he will definitely help you but my daughter, don't refuse his help or take his grace for granted.” He said as he gave her a final pat on her small shoulder.

He turned around and walked towards the door.

Sapphire looked down to admire the rare treasure in her hands. She lifted up her head seconds later to discover he was gone.

“Thank you Jesus.” She cried out from within her as her body shook furiously.

“Thank you Jesus.” Sapphire voiced out from her sleep.

She looked at the wall clock. It was only 2am in the morning.

She looked at her Study Table and saw her Bible right where the man pointed to.

She looked around for her violin.

She saw it placed gently beside her bed.

Had she placed it there last night without knowing? She wondered.

She picked it up in a bid to find out something.

Since her paremts gifted her the violin she had only attended instrumental class thrice and hadn’t even started playing Musical Cords.

“Oh how I love Jesus..."

She played as the violin made unpleasant sounds.

She decided to jump to the last line.

“Because he first loves me.”

She sang as she played smoothly.

She stopped as she stared at her hands in awe.

She played yet again and yet there was no mistake.

Tears drooped down her tiny face as she dropped her violin and plopped down to her knees.

The little girl went back to sleep after praying for sometime.

“Good morning Sapphire." her mother called out immediately she entered her room at daybreak.

"Good morning Mum." Sapphire replied before she could close the door.

“Oh someone is awake already.” she said surprised to see her daughter reading at her table.

“Yeah, I woke up around 5:30am just like that so I did my morning devotion.” she said.

“I’m happy to hear that. Meet us in the living room for the family devotion.”

“Alright Mum.” she replied as she stood up from the chair.

“Mum, Dad I have something to tell you.” Sapphire said as soon as they ended their morning devotional prayers.

“Alright. We're listening.” her mother replied.

Both parents listened as she recounted what happened during the night.

“Sapphire, have you realized you are a special girl?” her father asked as soon as she was done.

“Yes. Something like that." she said silently.

“I pray you won’t fail God in Jesus name.” her father prayed.

“Amen. So God gave me my birthday gift?” she asked smiling.

“Yes. And we will have to find out how you are to make use of it and everything that comes along with it.” Her mother answered.

“Hmm. I guess you are right. Shall we just let God lead the way?” John said.

“Yes. Lets see what the Lord has in store for you.” her mother

Husband and wife looked at each other as a silent message passed between them.

God was trusting them to be of help to their young daughter. And has their eyes held each other for seconds, with determination in their hearts they decided they would do and give their best not to fail God.

Dear readers, thank you for deciding to learn more about our little friend.

Remember to drop your comments and thoughts on the story.

Shall we find out what events would begin to unfold after this?

Will her parents succeed in this special assignment that has been committed into their hands?

Watch out for SAPPHIRE III.

Source: https://peculiarinspiro.com/2020/02/07/sapphire-ii/
--------------

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2020
--------------

Please let me know what you think about the story.

Cc: Lalasticlala, lolaspen, TemidayoRiches, Peculiar2020, ScientistGood01, Clemency24, TripleOne, Honymix, Geniusepoxy, glo03, Aymee, Adekemi01, fumsin, TheEdenPlace20, Eunice112, Faithfulwrites2, Ruthina1, Beccawumi, Debbyboboye, trophygracie, Fayodamilola, omeizadeborah, ShalomA, Oluwamarytalabi, nueltosin1, treasuretaiwo, Botapreneur, ASHSALT, Olajhidey22

1 Like

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by Missmossy(f): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2020
Beautiful story,keep it up.

1 Like

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please tag me in the next chapter.Its a wonderful piece

1 Like

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by Peculiar2020(f): 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
PeculiarInspiro:
--------------

Please let me know what you think about the story.

Inspiring ��

1 Like

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
Episode 3.

(3 weeks after :- The Early Hours of October 2.)

"Good morning LA, this is Kinsman Jane reporting to you from Charis D TV Station."

"Breaking News. :- Popular Hollywood Actress and Winner of Jockbel Art World 2018 award, Sarah Lann was found dead in her apartment in the early hours of today by her younger sister Jane Lann."

"Eyewitness accounts states that the twenty eight year old lady returned from a celebration party organised by her friends at around 1:30am this morning. She was said to have returned drunk and so had been droven back to her hotel by a hired Chauffeur. Security Personnel's reported at the Crime Scene and Investigations are still ongoing as to if a foul play is involved."

"We promise to keep you updated on the incident."

(Brief Switch on the Screen.)

"Good day LA and how has been your day?"

"Our team received a tip about thirty minutes ago that the autopsy report of the deceased Sarah Lann has been handed over to the Investigation Unit of the LA Station. Due to the uptight movement at the Station presently, it looks like the autopsy report holds a clue to the death of the Actress. However our correspondence, Luke Jokers is presently at the Los Angeles Coroner's office. We will be linking up with him immediately."

"This is Luke Jokers reporting live from the Coroner's office. The Coroner has agreed to give us some minutes audience."

"We heard the Autopsy report is now available. How true is that Sir?" the reporter asked.

"Oh yes. The Report is out and has been handed over to the Investigation Team."

"Please Sir can you share with us what you have found out?

"Hmm. The truth is this Case is a bit complicated but the autopsy results showed traces of poison."

"Oh! Is it that she committed suicide or what ?"

"We can't conclude just yet but the Laboratory told us that the substance takes up to 2 hours after ingestion before it kicks into action. We can actually say she was poisoned at the party. We however need to wait for the Team's conclusion."

"Thank you for the info Sir, but are there suspects yet?"

"No. For now, everyone who was at the party is a suspect most especially the people who organised it."

"I see."

"Dear viewers, thank you for joining us on this special news broadcast. We promise to keep you updated as the case is unveiled."

"Luke Jokers; reporting for Charis D TV Station."
-----------------------------------------------

Sapphire turned on her bed.

She opened her eyes.

It was all a Dream.

"Sarah Lann." she said sleepily as she stood up and went towards her study table.

She used her left hand to search through the materials on the table for some minutes before she eventually found her pen and her jotter.

SARAH LANN

She wrote in the jotter before she went back to bed.

The story continues...

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
Episode 3 Continued.

October 2 (10am)

"Sapphire, you seem distracted today. What's on your mind?" Mrs Jones her class teacher asked as she walked past Sapphire's seat.

"You haven't even started solving the questions I gave you." she said peering at her through her spectacles.

"I am sorry Ma." Sapphire said as she tried to ease her mind away from the dream she had during the night.

She sighed before she started solving the questions.

"Brrr !" a phone vibrated on the teacher's table.

Mrs Jones went towards it and sighed; "Instagram notifications. These Celebrities just want us to know what's happening to them every minute. No private life at all."

Sapphire stopped upon hearing that as a plan formed in her head.

She waited till the older woman walked towards her direction again before engaging her in a discussion.

"Excuse me Ma'am." She called as soon as she got to her side.

"Yes. Anything the problem?"
She asked with a suspicious glare.

"I was wondering if one can send messages on instagram?" Sapphire asked quietly.

"Yes, you can." She said quickly before adding; "It's just like any social media only that you really have a peep into some people's lives there. You may not really understand me."

Sapphire nodded.

She knew what her next step would be.

Megan smiled as her daughter rushed into the house that afternoon. She looked excited.

"Hi Mum."

"Welcome darling."

"Please can you lend me your phone?" she asked immediately she sat beside her mother.

"Hmm! That's odd." Megan frowned at her. "And why do you need my phone?"

"I just need to send a message to someone. That's all." she pleaded.

"Sapphire, don't let me regret giving you my phone." "Here you go." She added as she handed her cellphone over.

"Thanks Mum." she said happily as she collected the phone.

She was about going to her room when she turned; "Do you have what I can use to browse?"

"Yeah. Let me switch it on for you." Megan replied as her daughter passed her the phone.

Sapphire watched as her mother turned on the data connection. She collected the phone hurriedly and moved to go to her room.

"Sapphire, come back here!" Megan called out.

"Mum!" She retorted back.

"Don't Mum me. Use it in my presence. What do you want to do online ? Like, I don't get."

"Mummy, you don't understand." She argued.

"Sapphire I Don't. So make me understand."

"I just need to send a message to someone?" She pleaded.

"With my data?

"Yes, Mummy. Trust me please." She pleaded.

"Hmm! Sapphire, make sure I don't regret this."

"You are amazing, Mum." She said as she gave her mother a peck and ran off.

Megan watched her thoughtfully as she left the sitting room.

Sapphire entered her room and sat down on her bed.

She stared at her mother's phone as she wondered what to do.

"Instagram." She said as she searched through the phone for the Application.

She found it and selected it's Icon.

The Application opened and she searched for the 'search' button.

She clicked and she typed; "Sarah Lann." A profile popped up as she stared at the image of the lady.

"She's so beautiful." she said softly as she selected the account to check for the last post.

When you can't just contain the joy of you being nominated as the Winner of Jockbel Art World 2018 Award and you still find it hard to believe.
Award Ceremony holds Oct 3.
#Watch out for me.
#Sarah Lann Shines

Sapphire read under the picture of the Actress that was posted.

She checked for the date it was posted.

"September 30. Meaning the Award is tomorrow."

"God what should I do? I can't just send her a message that will freak her out."

"Clum!"

"New Stories" showed at the top of the page signifying a new post.

It was a selfie of the Actress with three other women.

When your friends just told you they got something planned for you. My girls rock.

--------

Well, the story is still on...

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
Still Episode 3.

"Hmm! Would that be the Celebration Party? " Sapphire thought as she clicked on Sarah's profile again.

She searched for the Message button.

She clicked it as she prayed silently within her.

"Good Afternoon Ma, Congratulations on your award." She typed.

She clicked 'Send'.

Clum!

Another post.

Selfie with my Kid Sis Jane.
I love her a lot only she bores me with Church stuff.��
She's amazing anyways.�
I love you Cutie Pie.���

"That means her sister is a Christian." Sapphire concluded.

She went to check if Sarah had read the message but she hadn't.

"This is a Bad Idea." She hissed as she dropped the phone.

"Clum!" She grabbed the phone quickly.

'New Message from Sarah Lann.'

Her eyes widened as she opened the message.

"Yeah, Gal. Thanks."

Sapphire typed. "Have you considered ever listening to your sister?"

Sapphire saw the 'seen' mark almost immediately.

Sarah Lann is Typing.

Sapphire smiled.

"Oh! Are you one of the Jesus freak? I haven't really given it much thought."

"Maybe you should." Sapphire typed back.

"Alright. Gotta go. Got a lot of prep for tomorrow."

"Alright Ma'am." She replied.

Sapphire paused as she started typing again. "I'm Sapphire, an 8 year old girl."

"Lol. Don't tell me you grabbed your Mum's phone.�� I used to do that too, You know. Be a good girl and return it."

Sapphire paused before typing; "Could you please not go for the Celebration Party with your friends?"

Sapphire bit her lips as she quickly looked for a delete button. It was too late as a reply came in almost immediately.

"���"

"I never posted that. Did I?" Sarah asked.

"No!" She replied.

"So how did you know?"

"I guess I just know."

"OK. Thanks anyway. My sister sometimes know things I don't tell her too."

"Oh! Maybe you should really consider being a Jesus woman."

"Little girl, You don't know how life is. Say Hi to your mother for me. Bye." And that was it.

"I will pray for her." Sapphire thought.

"There is nothing impossible for God to do. A miracle can happen."

She sighed as she clicked 'Exit' and left her room for the sitting room.

Megan eyed her daughter suspiciously as she handed her the phone sheepishly. "What's with you?" She asked.

"I'm fine. That reminds me Mum, my packet of Pencil is almost exhausted."

"Alright dear. I will get you a new one tomorrow."

Sapphire nodded in reply as she returned to her room.

-------

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
(October 3: 2pm)

The School bus stopped at the Junction to the Anderson's house.

Sapphire alighted hurriedly and ran down the street.

She opened the door to their house swiftly and banged it close.

Megan jumped!

"Why the rush?" She asked.

"Sorry, Mum but could you please switch to the TV Station where they show stuffs about celebrities." She said as she grabbed the remote control and handed it to her mother.

"What's up? " Her mother frowned.

"An Award Ceremony is going on presently so I wanna see how it's being done." She replied.

"Have you being listening to the kids in your class?"

"Mum, please."

"Anyways, i think i know the right station for that."

"Thank you." Sapphire replied anxiously as she sat on the Tiled Floor.

Megan changed the Station.

"That's her." Sapphire said in awe as her eyes caught the Actress as she walked down the red carpet.

"Sapphire, you know Sarah?" Megan asked surprised.

"Yeah." She replied absentmindedly.

Megan didn't probe her any longer as they watched the Trophy being presented to Sarah.

Cameras clicked as the Actress posed with several other celebrities.

As people congratulated her with hugs and shakes alike, the Video Camera caught Sarah's younger sister Jane; sitting with a cup of fruit juice in her right hand.

Sapphire had no difficulty recognising her since she had seen the picture the young lady took with her sister.

As Sapphire watched, she observed Jane was staring towards a particular direction lost in thought.

The Camera widened.

Directly in Jane's line of view were the three women who took Selfie with Sarah.

They were talking in whispers as they looked towards Sarah's direction.

The background music of the Performing Artist continued as Sapphire watched Jane rise up and walked towards her elder sister.

Sapphire tapped her right thigh twice as an understanding dawned on her.

Jane could tell something was off.

"Celebrities life!" Megan muttered as she looked at her daughter for few minutes.

Sapphire looked lost in thought.

"Sweetheart, care to share your thoughts?"

"Mum, Jesus died for everyone right?"

"Yes, daughter."

"Then," she started as she turned to her mother with her eyes now teary; "why don't these Celebrities live for Jesus. Can't someone tell them the truth?"

"Sapphire, the truth is some of them probably have relatives who are believers but they don't just want to listen or live by the truth."

"Like Sarah!" Sapphire taught as a tear dropped.

"Daughter, all hope is not lost on them. The Lord will have Mercy upon whom he will have Mercy. A miracle can happen." Megan said as she pulled her daughter up to sit beside her.

She gave her a hug.

"Mummy, It has to." Sapphire whispered as her mother picked the remote and switched off the TV.

Sapphire closed her eyes as she concluded all she could do was pray and trust God.

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
(Same day; 5pm.)

Sarah Lann walked out of the Big Hall towards the hotel just few minutes away.

Congratulatory greetings came from several people most of whom she didn't even recognise.

She arrived at the hotel and climbed up the stairs towards her Suites. She needed to use the Restroom quickly.

She opened the door to the Suite she shared with Jane using the Automated card and entered.

Jane knelt beside the bed praying.

Sarah sighed.

She removed her high heels and walked barefooted into the bathroom.

In few minutes she was done, she returned to the room to see her sister rising from her kneeling position with a worried look on her face.

Sarah stopped.

"Jane, are you OK?"

"Sis, could you sit here for few minutes?"

"Alright." Sarah replied as she sat on the bed. Jane sat beside her.

"Okay, shoot." Sarah said.

"I'm worried about you."

"Oh yeah! Baby, I'm fine." Sarah smiled as she made to stand up.

Jane pulled her back.

"Sarah, you are in danger. I can't place it but as soon as the Award Ceremony is over please let's check out of the hotel and just go back to the Apartment. Please."

Sarah stared at her sister in disbelief.

"That's not possible. The girls planned a party for me and I have to be there." She blurted out before standing up.

She bent as she struggled with putting her right feet back into the heel.

"See that's the problem. I have a bad feeling about that party. Don't go." Jane shouted.

Sarah stopped.

She stretched her phone towards the bed to pick her clutch purse.

She removed her phone hurriedly.

Her sister watched as she frantically pressed the phone.

Jane was beginning to get scared.

"What is it?"

"You know one of my fans that didn't know about the Celebration Party sent me a message not to go." She said as she now had one leg of her heel on.

"Isn't that strange?"

She asked as she handed her phone to her sister.

She removed the heel and threw it at a corner as she paced the room thoughtfully.

Jane read through the chat in silence.

"And here I am also trying to convince you not to go."

"Alright." She stopped pacing as she moved towards the window and stared outside the hotel. She could see the hall from where she stood. Music still played softly.

"Jane, Not going is not the issue but I will lose face in front of my friends and all the guests. I can't afford that happening." She finally said as she shook her head and walked away from the window.

"My Manager worked so hard on this ceremony for me. I can't just blow things up." She added as she looked at her sister.

"Think about it." Jane said as she stood up and went towards the door.

Sarah sat on the bed lost in thought.

Her sister stopped before she opened the door; "Sis, please don't let what people will say affect your decision. It's your life we're talking about here."

She stepped out after that but unknown to her sister she stood just outside the door praying silently.

Sarah picked her phone slowly as she once again went through her chat with Sapphire.

Various thoughts went through her mind as she stared at the phone.

Should she really leave as Jane advised?

What would she gain at the party anyway except for some drinks and meals. Yeah, maybe media attention. It wouldn't be nice if something happened and she ended up wishing she had listened to Jane.

She dialed Jane's cell phone.

It rang from outside the room.

"So you have been there all these while?" Sarah asked as soon as Jane picked up.

"Anyway, let's pack up."

"Really?" Jane opened the door happily and stepped into the room.

"Yeah! I don't really feel like it again. The fact that a 8 year old warned me is something I can't toil with." Sarah replied with a thin smile.

"She used her Mother's phone?" Jane asked.

"Yeah. I guess."

"That girl must be a special girl."

"Yeah! Let's pack up before the girls walk though the door and make me change my mind."

Jane smiled as they both set to work.

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
As soon as they had gotten all their belongings, Jane secretly contacted the Parking Valet and collected their car keys.

The two sisters successfully sneaked their way out of the hotel with their luggage and drove back to their Penthouse downtown.

"Home sweet home." Sarah said as she dropped her phone and purse on the centre table and sat down.

Jane grabbed the phone quickly.

"What's it?" Sarah asked eyeing her suspiciously.

"Can you put off your phone?"

"Well, that's not a bad idea."

She replied as she collected it back and turned it off by herself.

"Wanna crash. Good night Jane." Sarah said as she went up the stairs.

"You will not crash in Jesus name. Good night."

"Whatever!" Sarah laughed as she strolled towards her room.

(October 4. 09:00am)

"Good morning Holy Spirit." Jane said as soon as she woke up.

She yawned as she stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

She opened the door to the bathroom and entered. The sound of running water could be heard as she washed her face and walked back into the room.

She picked her Bible and Jotter and was about leaving the room when her eyes caught her phone.

She deliberated within her whether to take the phone with her or not. She eventually picked it up and left the room.

As she walked down the stairs to the sitting room, she turned on her phone.

The phone vibrated so much as messages rushed in.

"We must have caused quite an uproar last night."

She laughed as her eye caught a message from her sister's manager.

What is this about a murder at Sarah's Celebration Party? Is she safe? Reply me ASAP.

"What is Brooke talking about now?" Jane frowned as she sat on the sofa and crossed her legs.

She decided to go online.

The various comments she read almost made her dizzy.

JK : Someone tell me Sarah didn't plan this? How come people died at her own party?

Mag girl: Where was she when it was happening?

Clement: Sarah wherever you are hiding, the world is waiting for an explanation.

Dave the Rapper: Why did she leave the Hotel last night without letting her friends know?

Peace: OMG! �What's this about people dieing? Is Sarah Lann still alive?

She couldn't read anymore.

"Jesus! What's all these?" Jane said as she decided to see what the reporters were saying.

She switched on the television set quickly.

"Good morning LA. This is Jerry Courage reporting from MRI Station."

"Breaking News. Celebration Party for the Winner of The Jockbel Art World 2018 Award turned upside down as a guest dropped dead and three others are presently in critical conditions. Speculations are that the guests were poisoned but how and what was poisoned is still unknown. Strange however it is that Sarah Lann herself was not at the Party. Why would the Celebrant not be at a Party that is meant to be for her?"

"What are these people insinuating for God's sake?" She shouted as she stood up and ran back upstairs to wake her sister.

The two ran down the Stairs in few minutes as Sarah listened in shock as the news was emphasised again.

Her head was beginning to ache her.

"Check this out!" Jane said showing her people's comments on Instagram.

"What are these people saying? Can't anyone think about the fact that I could have been among those injured?" She asked in despair.

"Or you were really the target?" her sister replied thoughtfully.

"Oh! I can't just comprehend all these." Sarah could only say as she gave her sister an astonished look.

"Thank you Lord Jesus." Jane said as Sarah started weeping.

"Sis, tell me about your Jesus. I need to have him badly. He stopped me from waiting for that party."

"Really Sarah?" Jane replied with joy flooding her heart as she moved close to her sister.

With Jane as her Counsellor, Sarah Lann eventually gave her life to Christ that morning.

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
Several Kilometres and hours away, the Anderson family also sat in front of their television set watching a rerun of the news.

Sapphire didn't know when tears flowed down her eyes as she thanked the Lord for rescuing Sarah.

Sapphire made sure she followed the news of the investigation and within two weeks, the case was wrapped up with Sarah escaping been charged as the Brain behind the Crime.

Sarah's friends were arrested for Attempted Murder of Sarah and The murder of the Guest that died.

News also picked up the fact that Sarah was taking some months off the screen as she had found a new life in Christ.

As one of the broadcast session held as regards the case was rounding up, a post from Sarah's Instagram page was shared where she simply wrote;

"I will forever be grateful for the two special girls the Lord used for me. Thank you."

The anchor rounded up with the statement; "The two girls she referred to still remain known only to her. Her fans are however grateful to these anonymous girls."

"I pray she really gets serious with God." Meghan commented as her husband nodded his head in agreement.

Sapphire stood up silently and went to her room to spend sometime to thank God for the miracle she had prayed for.
The next morning as Megan handed over Sapphire's lunch box to her daughter, the eight year old looked at her Father thoughtfully as he had his breakfast.

"Dad."

"Yes dear."

"Could you please not travel tomorrow?"

Her mother stopped.

"Sapphire, who told you he was travelling?"

"Ermm! Sapphire, you were already asleep by the time I and your mom were discussing that." Her Dad said as he looked at her for an explanation.

"Well let's just say I know somethings somehow."

Her mother sighed.

"Okay. Hurry so the bus won't leave you behind. We'll discuss that when you get back." Her mother said and the couple watched their daughter walk out of the house.

John shot his wife a questioning look.

"I think she had a dream." She said as she moved towards the table to join her husband.

Prrrr!

Her phone vibrated on the dining table notifying her of a new message.

"Oh! My data connection is still switched on?"

She checked the notification as she read;

"New message from Sarah Lann! "

"You're kidding. Sarah Lann sent me a message?"

Her husband stopped for a minute before he continued eating.

She however viewed the message and read;

"I will forever be grateful for how the Lord used you to rescue me. I am now a Jesus Woman too. Lol!� Sapphire, you are an amazing and a special girl.� I hope your parents know what a rare gem you are. Feel free to contact me if you need anything. Thank you very much, sweetheart.��"

"What!" Megan screamed as her husband stared at her in shock.

"What is it?"

"Sarah Lann sent Sapphire a message."

"I don't get you dear."

Megan strolled up to see previous chats.

She read with her mouth agape.

"Lord Jesus!" she said not able to comprehend what she was reading.

"Did Sapphire say you should not travel?" she asked immediately.

"Yeah."

"Sweetheart, you are not going anywhere tomorrow."

"Really? Hand me the phone first."
He collected the phone as he also read through.

Megan watched her husband as he went through the chat.

"Okay. So our daughter have a perception of things to come." he finally said.

"The golden spectacles?" Her mother recollected.

"I see!" John said in amazement.

"But the meeting I'm scheduled for is a really important one for me and the Company as a whole." he explained.

"Let's just trust God to take control." his wife said.

"Let's have few minutes of prayer. We are running Late for work." he said as he stood up and joined hands with his wife.

Both then prayed for a miracle.

The miracle manifested when during the Working Hours of that same day, John was informed that the Meeting had been postponed till further notice.

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
He explained to Megan and Sapphire what he was told at the office before they went to bed that night. The couple also spend some time talking to their daughter and telling her to inform them if she discovers she has a foreknowledge of anything and she can't comprehend it.

The family then prayed together thanking God for yet another miracle.

It was no little shock to John the following day when during the 12:00 Lunchtime News it was reported that a petrol filled tanker caught fire at an highway in the middle of a Traffic leading to the loss of many lives and properties.

At the Cafe table where John sat he realised he would have been on his way for the meeting when the fire accident took place.

He texted his wife immediately.

"Did you see the news? "

"Yeah. I just can't stop thanking God for his faithfulness."

She replied few minutes later.

"Sapphire is indeed a Wonder." He typed.

"I will forever be grateful to God for the opportunity given to us to be her parents. God will help us to guide her in the right way." She replied.

"Amen. Yes, he will." he replied as he finished his lunch hurriedly.

What lies ahead for Sapphire and her parents?

Do you think the young girl would know how to behave herself wisely?

What will she do when she comes to a crossroad where her decision has precious lives attached to it?

Watch out for SAPPHIRE IV.

Thanks for reading and remember to drop your comments and thoughts as regards the Story. ��

Source: https://peculiarinspiro.com/2020/02/21/sapphire-iii/
---------

Oya now, let me know what you have gotten from the story. Please share and invite people to read. Thank you.

Cc: Lalasticlala, lolaspen, TemidayoRiches, Peculiar2020, ScientistGood01, Clemency24, TripleOne, Honymix, Geniusepoxy, glo03, Aymee, Adekemi01, fumsin, TheEdenPlace20, Eunice112, Faithfulwrites2, Ruthina1, Beccawumi, Debbyboboye, trophygracie, Fayodamilola, omeizadeborah, ShalomA, Oluwamarytalabi, nueltosin1, treasuretaiwo, Botapreneur, ASHSALT, Olajhidey22, PRE4

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2020
Missmossy:
Beautiful story,keep it up.

Thanks for reading. Missmossy, it has been updated, come and read up.
Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Nice story...Check mine[love or lust].I mentioned you

1 Like

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
Episode 4

"Please let's all calm down."

The American air hostess said the umpteenth time to the passengers of Beeline 2019 but they wouldn't have none of it.

"What the hell is happening in here?"

"Get us out of here?"

"About six people disappeared just like that and you expect us to stay calm?"

The passengers all wanted to be heard at the same time.

A young lady looked at all the passengers. She shook her head in dismay.

"If only these people understand what has happened?" She sighed heavily as her mind flashed back to what had occurred minutes ago.

The Aircraft had being in the air for about an hour when an Irish Air hostess came to announce to them that they would be having their Lunch soon. She was about telling them to enjoy their meal when something happened.

In place of where the Irish lady stood, laid her heap of clothes.

The passengers screamed.

"Did any one see that?" A young man had shouted.

"Oh No!" Another man shouted from behind the plane as the passengers all panicked.

"The old man sitting beside me is gone too."

The young lady had turned to look at her side gently.

Her seat partner was gone too.

She widened her eyes as realisation dawned on her on what had really happened.

"No... It can't be." She had argued as she shook her head dizzily.

Something buzzed so loudly from a part of the plane at that moment jolting her to the present. The other passengers also fell in silence.

The lady opened her eyes to observe what was going on.

The air hostess who had been trying to calm the passengers since her colleague disappeared sighed before moving to figure out what had made the sound.

She stopped.

She pulled her ear pods closer to her ears as she listened to someone from the other end. She then turned back to the passengers.

"Can I have your attention please? " She asked.

"The pilot is preparing to make an emergency landing in Boston so could you please fasten your seat belt."

The lady grabbed her seat belt shakingly and closed her eyes.

It had really happened.

What her parents had always told her about had happened.

She wasn't a Believer but she had listened to her Father preach so many times to understand what had played out before her eyes.

Even the man that sat beside her had tried to preach to her but she wouldn't have none of it.

If only she had listened to that last message.

Hadn't her Father mentioned that the Rapture occurring meant the time of Grace was over?

"Ha! I am doomed." She shouted out as several pair of eyes turned to stare at her.

The plane landed in few minutes and they disembarked from the plane.

It was quite a struggle as everyone wanted to leave the 'strange' plane as fast as they could.

As soon as the lady stepped her feet on the floor of the airport, she looked around as ruins of aircrafts laid around.

"The pilots were about taking off when they disappeared. It caused quite a crash."

A man in security uniform explained to her without her asking questions as he walked by.

It seemed like the Rapture had really happened.

She walked out of the airport hastily to the main road with her backpack behind her.

Everywhere was in chaos.

There was traffic and she needed a cab badly.

She spotted a man walking towards her in a fast pace.

"What is happening?" She asked him as soon as he moved closer to her.

"There have been accidents at the front. You don't want to see it." He replied.

"Someone told me the world is really ending. Looks like the Jesus people were right after all. If one of them were here I would tell him he is foolish to be a part of this." He added soberly.

"You are right. I am foolish." She said silently as she looked around like a stray cat.

The man gawked at her and walked way.

"Ha!!!" She shouted.

"I thought there was still time to live right. God have Mercy."

"Mercy, Lord I didn't see this coming."

She cried as she knelt on the road not minding that it's surface was hot against her knees.

"Jesus please!" She screamed.

The story continues...

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 5:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
-------------
Continued.

"Krrrrrrrrrr!!!"

Sapphire jerked from her sleep.

"Krrrrrrrrrrr!!!

The alarm sounded so loud this time that she opened her eyes.

"Jesus!" she said as she stared at the air for sometime.

She was in tears already.

"That was a dream." The ten year old said thankfully before putting out her hand to stop the alarm.

She sat up as her mind did a flashback on what she had seen.

Yes, she hadn't seen herself in the dream but it had looked so real.

"God what is this dream about?"

She knew about heaven and hell but she didn't have an idea of what the dream was about.

"Ha. Please don't let me go to Hell." she prayed in tears as she finally pulled her cover clothe away and dragged herself off the bed.

She knelt down to have her morning devotion but she couldn't concentrate as the dream stayed with her till she had no choice but to find her way to her parents room around 6am.

It was a Saturday so she prayed silently that her parents wouldn't mind her early visit.

Megan sighed for the third time since Sapphire had started explaining what she had seen.

John was doing good by asking their daughter questions from time to time. She knew the dream was about the Rapture and Megan could not help but think that they had once again failed by not mentioning something this important to their daughter.

Yes, she was born again.

She knew about Heaven and Hell but they hadn't really taught her of the fact that apart from being called home by God, one day Saints that are still alive would also be caught up in the Rapture.

Their daughter had just lived with the knowledge that she could die anytime but not the knowledge that Christ could also come to take the Saints home anytime.

Her daughter was looking forward to going home to God without the knowledge that if God wishes she might not even see death as all.

In short, she was not expecting Christ's coming.

"God, please let her understand what you are trying to tell her." Megan prayed silently closing her eyes briefly.

When she opened her eyes, her husband and daughter were staring at her.

"Is she through?" She asked her husband.

"Yes." He replied as he tried to decipher what was going through his wife's mind.

"Mom, are you alright?" Sapphire asked concerned.

"Well, I am just thinking about how we haven't talked about this before?" She said looking at her husband eyeball to eyeball.

"I understand what you mean." John said silently to his wife.

"Okay. So what do you think?" Sapphire asked.

"You should ask what do I know or rather what the Bible says about what you saw?" John corrected his daughter gently.

"First of all Dad, what did I see?" Sapphire asked with furrowed brow.

"The dream is simply pointing your attention to the Rapture. The coming of Christ to call his people home."

"Okay. So you are saying apart from dying and going to Heaven, Christ can come to call me home?" She asked looking at her mother briefly before directing her attention back to John.

"Not one person alone but all the Saints." he explained.

"Okay."

"Sapphire, you know God has a Timetable for the whole world. The world is not going to remain like this forever." he started.

"Yes, I know."

"God wants things to go back to how he originally planned it to be before Sin came through Adam and Eve but that can't happen with this corrupt world. There is going to be a new earth and a new heaven but there are some events that will happen before that." he explained.

"Like the Judgement day?" Sapphire asked.

"Yes, but there are still events before that." he added quickly before turning to his wife.

"Sweetheart, when is the next discipleship training starting? She really needs to attend."

"Pastor Jace mentioned it to me one day too but I told him we haven't discussed it." she answered thoughtfully.

"Okay. We are going to have her join them when the next class starts." John informed his wife.

It doesn't end here...

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
"Alright. So Sapphire, the event that will bring an end to this age that we are in is the Rapture. What you saw is just a replica of how confused people will be after the Rapture." He explained.

"Only True Believers will make it in the Rapture. Let's check out what the Bible says."

"Let's read Matthew 24:36-44 then you'll understand what the rapture is all about."

"It says But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

"But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."

"It's going to be sudden." Sapphire commented. It was beginning to make sense to her.

"Yes. Let's also see I Corinthians 15:51-52. Can you read what is in there?" John asked.

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

"How about I Thessalonians 4:15-18?" he asked.

"1 Thessalonians 4:14-18 says For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

"Hmm, I see." Sapphire said as she looked through the lines of the verses again.

"As Saints we need to be prepared so the event wouldn't catch us unawares. Like one shouldn't be doing something a Believer shouldn't do." John added.

"What now happens if one does not make it?" the girl was asked thoughtfully.

"Wait! there will be confusion everywhere?" she added quickly.

"Hmm. Sapphire, the situation will be so terrible. Matthew 24:21 summarises it up in a way we can understand. It says 'For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." he explained.

"You see any Christian that knows about the Rapture and does not make it will have great regrets because it's going to be a time of suffering for the whole world at that time. After the believers have been caught up, the Anti Christ will then be revealed and he will be in Control of the whole world. Let's check out Revelation 13:7,8,9 12-18."

Megan reached for her Bible that had since been closed and opened quickly to read.

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
"And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

"And you know what happens when one has taken the mark?" John asked Sapphire.

"What?"

"Move on to Chapter 14 verse 9 to 11."

Sapphire read; "And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

"Now let's go to Chapter 22:6-7." John continued;

"And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book."

"Sapphire, listen to the word of Wisdom in verse 11 of that same Chapter 22."

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." he concluded.

"Oh! One must not toil with sin at all." Sapphire said bluntly.

"Yes, my daughter." John replied satisfied he had been able to answer the young girl's questions.

"But Dad, I don't know if my friends and schoolmates know all these. Some of them don't even act like there is God." Sapphire said tears blurring her eyes.

"I don't want to miss the rapture but I wouldn't want my friends to miss it too." she added her voice softening a bit.

"You know you should tell your friends about Christ. Isaiah 52:7 tells us that "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Megan counselled

"Alright. Thanks Mum. Thanks Dad." She said as she stood up from the Chair.

"Are you satisfied now? Her mother asked.

"Oh Mum, Never Been." She replied sincerely, laughing long and deep.

"I'm glad. Come and give me a hug. God will help us all." Megan said.

"Amen." She replied as she hugged her mum.

"I need to finish up my devotion." She announced as she found her way out of her parents room.

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
"Alright. Take your time dear." Megan called out as Sapphire closed the door behind her.

"Thank you Holy Spirit." Megan said as she turned back to studying one of the Verses her husband had referred to minutes ago.

"Love, what do you think?" John asked his wife.

"Well, John..." she started as she dropped her Bible silently, stood up and sat down beside her husband.

John looked at his wife in awe. She hadn't called him by name in a long time.

He watched as she took his left hand with both of her hands and gazed up at him as her eyes twinkled with adoration.

"Sweetheart, you did great. I'm not sure I could have answered her that way."

John smiled.

"Hmm but the Discipleship class will be much more beneficial to her." he said.

"You are right." She said nodding.

"But before that, we have our own Pastor here." she said nuzzling close to him.

John couldn't take it anymore. He smiled broadly.

"My Pastor." She giggled as John pulled her closer.

She turned in his arms and smiled. “Don't you have things to do today?”

John kissed her neck and laughed as she giggled some more.

“Not really." he replied.

"But I could spend this morning with you." He added winking his left eye.

Megan blushed.

"Well, I have my Father in Heaven to talk to in few minutes." She said regrettably as she moved out of his arms to stand up but stole a glance at her husband.

Their eyes met.

He smiled.

“You are one amazing woman, Mrs Anderson."

"What do you think about having another amazing girl?" he asked.

Megan looked at him and chuckled as understanding dawned on her.

"We haven't really tried, have we?" he asked with a thin smile.

"Sweetheart, Sapphire is 10. But it would really be amazing right?" She asked with an encouraging smile as her husband smiled and nodded in return.

"It would be amazing." He replied softly as he sent appreciation to God for his little family and also a petition that he wouldn't mind an addition.

Mrs Smith the Room Teacher for the grade 3 students finished marking the assignment notebooks and yawned.

She heaved a sigh of relief as she packed the books together and pushed them to a corner of the table. She would distribute it to the students as soon as they got back from their Lunch Break.

She stood up to make her trip to the Dining hall when one of her coworker's Frank came in.

"To the dining hall i guess?" He said as he greeted her.

"You couldn't be more right. How is today going for you?" She sat back concluding he came to see her as he leaned on the door.

"Not bad. Only I just witnessed a new rich girl throwing a fit about joining our school in Mrs Ruby's Office. Such a spoilt brat. I noticed her fingers were even painted." he said with a frown on his face.

"Hmm. Mrs Ruby wouldn't put up with that for sure." Mrs Smith replied blankly.

"Yeah. By the way, you might want to skip your trip to the Hall for now. Mrs Ruby wants you."

He said as her eyes widened in surprise.

"What? And you were here talking with me. Oh Frank!" She said as she hurried to her feet.

"Sorry." Frank muttered in reply as he watched her walk out of the class quickly.

She half ran to the Headmistress office.

As she passed the entrance to the dining hall, she noticed that some students mostly females were clustered at a corner of the hall.

"This girls ought to be having their meal. What are they up to?" she thought as she stopped abruptly.

"Well. I need to make sure things are going well with the students too. Mrs Ruby wouldn't mind that." She said as she turned around and made a beeline for that part of the hall.

The students didn't see her coming as all eyes were fixed on someone standing at the centre.

She moved closer to see one of her students Sapphire talking intensely as her school mates listened with rapt attention.

One girl noticed her then. "Mrs Smith is here."

The woman watched as the students all looked towards her as they made a escape for their normal seats.

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
"Sapphire, can you explain what was happening?" She asked the young girl who looked in no way threatened by her presence.

"Well Mrs Smith, I was only telling them a story." She replied gently.

"About what Miss?"

"The coming of Christ." She replied without mincing words.

Mrs Smith sighed. She was a believer yes but the young girl standing up and speaking inside the school dining hall was more than her.

"Sapphire!" she called as she moved closer to the young girl so closer only the girl would hear what she had to say.

"You are doing a good job talking about Christ." She said smiling in a bid to make the girl comfortable.

Sapphire looked rather awed and amazed.

"Thank you Ma."

"But Sapphire, I would want you to do so with wisdom. You wouldn't want some students saying you were scaring them with talks of hell."

"Oh! I never thought of that."

"You might not know but the school does not appreciate gathering students together like you did. I'm not discouraging you but you can talk to your mates one on one." She implored.

"Oh! I will heed your counsel. Thank you Mrs Smith." Sapphire replied.

"Alright. I have Mrs Ruby to catch up with. See you after your Lunch Break." She said smiling as she left the girl.

Sapphire nodded in understanding and turned away.

Mrs Smith had only walked a few steps when she stopped and turned back to look at the girl.

The girl had not been shy or afraid to talk about her faith. When last had she an adult done that ?

She had intentionally made the girl understand that she could talk to people one on one.

As a matter of fact, she herself had wanted to start a fellowship when she got to the school but was opposed. Her Job had even be threatened.

The last thing she would want was Sapphire going through something in any bit similar to her own experience.

"Lord have Mercy. Even I need to work on more one on one talk to people."

She said as she hurried to Mrs Ruby's office.

She was ushered in by the Secretary as soon as she got there.

Just as Frank reported, a girl and her parents were in the office.

"Join us Mrs Smith. We have been awaiting your presence." Mrs Ruby said and the meeting commenced.

By the time Mrs Smith left the office she had a new student walking grudgingly behind her.

Who is this new girl?

What role will she play in the life of Sapphire?

Watch out for the Sapphire V.

Source: https://peculiarinspiro.com/2020/06/29/sapphire-iv/

---------

Oya now, let me know what you have gotten from the story.

Cc: Lalasticlala, lolaspen, TemidayoRiches, Peculiar2020, ScientistGood01, Clemency24, TripleOne, Honymix, Geniusepoxy, glo03, Aymee, Adekemi01, fumsin, TheEdenPlace20, Eunice112, Faithfulwrites2, Ruthina1, Beccawumi, Debbyboboye, trophygracie, Fayodamilola, omeizadeborah, ShalomA, Oluwamarytalabi, nueltosin1, treasuretaiwo, Botapreneur, ASHSALT, Olajhidey22, PRE4

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 06, 2020
You are doing great peculiarInspiro.I love the story lines.

1 Like

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by Missmossy(f): 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
More please, keep it up!!!

2 Likes

Re: SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 11:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
Episode 5

Megan entered the dining room with her dinner served in a stainless plate. She pulled out a chair from her usual spot and slid into it. Sapphire was already seated at the other end of the table with her own meal in front of her. John had gone for a Men's meeting in the Church and had not returned home.

As Megan sat, Sapphire who had started eating without waiting for her mother to join her, did not in any way acknowledge her mother's presence.

Her excuse for eating early was she didn't want to retire to bed late.

Megan stretched forth her left hand and pulled a mug that had been placed on the table earlier by her daughter close to her side of the table.

With her right hand, she carried a glass jar that she had poured the fruit juice she made during the day and poured enough for herself into the mug without spilling a drop.

She set the Jar back on the table and gave it a light push towards her daughter.

Sapphire still didn't mutter a word.

Megan frowned but chose to ignore her daughter before closing her eyes to say a silent prayer on her meal and started eating.

As she ate, she stole glances at her daughter who looked like she was miles away. She wondered how rough her day in school must have been for her to be so moody.

"Sapphire!" She called sharply.

The girl jolted back to the present moment looking up at her mother in shock.

"Why are you so lost in thought?" She asked.

Without replying, Sapphire shifted in her chair, pulled the glass jar nearer, poured part of the juice into her cup, picked up the cup, drank all the juice and finally dropped the cup back on the table.

Megan gaped at her daughter's act. When had Sapphire turned her to an On Air personality?

Sapphire gulped.

Megan frowned.

"I'm sorry." She knew she was already getting on her mother's nerves. "A lot happened in school today." She said looking back at the food in front of her.

A lot? Megan couldn't even tell if it was something good or the other way round. "Okay." She decided she was going to let the girl speak on her own.

She waited.

"I talked to some students in my class today." Sapphire added rewarding her patience.

"Wow. That's a good thing." She smiled.

But why wasn't her daughter excited ? She had to find out.

"So?" The girl had to keep talking.

"Mrs Smith saw us gathered and came to check us out. She then told me to talk to people one on one." She finally looked up at her mother.

Oh No! "You gathered students together?" No doubt Megan was shocked.

"No Ma. Well, i started with two of my friends and the students just started coming one after the other." Sapphire explained.

"Oh I see. So did they understand you?" She wondered if the girl had been given a discouraging response.

"I think they did until I talked one on one with Jane. I had just spoken for few minutes when she started laughing at me weirdly." Sapphire bit her lower lip awkwardly.

"Hmm. Who is Jane?" Megan pressed on softly.

"A new student." She squeezed her face. "She just joined us today but to everyone's surprise Mrs Smith changed my seat partner. Jane now sits with me." She used her spoon to stir her food thoughtfully.

Megan waited in silence and it was no little joy when her daughter continued.

"The girl is so stubborn. She had 1001 reasons why she shouldn't be in our school." She hissed.

"Okay. But you can be a good influence to her. Who knows if that was why she was made your seat partner ?"

The 10 year old lightened up a bit. "You mean Mrs Smith expects me to talk to her?"

"Could be." She encouraged with a broad smile.

"Hmm. It's alright." Sapphire replied once again lost in thought.

"God will give you the wisdom." Megan prayed.

"Amen." The girl replied thoughtfully, affirming within herself that she indeed needed wisdom.

---------------------

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? / Diary Of Me / Story! Story! Story! Once Upon A Time, Time Time:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 303
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.