Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 (23461 Views)

Only 10 Medical Labs In Nigeria Produce Reliable Results, Says Ninas / Public Laboratories Redirect Suspected COVID-19 Patients To Private Labs / How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by femzab: 7:48am On Jun 30, 2020
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Olarewaju89: 7:50am On Jun 30, 2020
They are talking to the rich people not the poor people. grin grin
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Ooe33: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2020
Firstly, only approved hospitals will run test. So no doctor can send u to his/her hospital to do the test. Furthermore, u've got to know that testing is not free in Saner climes. When people start paying for this tests, nobody will be fighting not to go with NCDC, like we are seeing now.

Openbusiness:
shocked Wow, I just read the article. Honestly, this thing is a SCAMDEMIC. I'm not saying the virus is fake but they have turned the whole COVID-19 thing to a business center. With this development, they will start giving excuses of no available test kits in public hospital again and sending people away to private clinics that they own themselves or have percentage share in the 50k tests. We have the most heartless criminals running this country. .
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by femzab: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2020
bloomstar:

People have been seeing our heartless government and they obviously did nothing.

I had a thread about why Nigerians can't speak up with one voice against bad leadership, it never made it to trending topics talk less of front page.

Here is the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/5914651/when-nigerians-protest-against-insecurities

They have squandad the whole donations, and covid loans, now covid19 just started for real, no isolation centers, isolation centers are getting filled up... And they are now pushing us to private labs, soon they will push everyone to private hospital which typically means you are on ur own.

We are about to smell the real deal on covid, many people out there don't even know shit is getting worst... I pray we survive this

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-friends-texas-were-tested-185607085.html
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Kemimarch16(f): 7:51am On Jun 30, 2020
40 to 50k haba you guys should fear God in this country
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:52am On Jun 30, 2020
With the money from World bank, Germany and China, and with all the money some banks and individuals claim they donated to help fight covid-19, and with all the money they got from federal account, they, didn't give paliatives even to the so called poorest of the poor, they didn't build enough isolation centers, and they couldn't make the test available for the people, didn't even make it affordable. Now, they want people to pay 50,000 for a test.
Coronavirus kii them there.

2 Likes

Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Skmoda360(m): 7:54am On Jun 30, 2020
Thieves everywhere.........see another scam scheme....JESUS IS LORD.....abeke must hear tjis shocked
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by femzab: 7:54am On Jun 30, 2020
https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-friends-texas-were-tested-185607085.html
bloomstar:

People have been seeing our heartless government and they obviously did nothing.

I had a thread about why Nigerians can't speak up with one voice against bad leadership, it never made it to trending topics talk less of front page.

Here is the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/5914651/when-nigerians-protest-against-insecurities

They have squandad the whole donations, and covid loans, now covid19 just started for real, no isolation centers, isolation centers are getting filled up... And they are now pushing us to private labs, soon they will push everyone to private hospital which typically means you are on ur own.

We are about to smell the real deal on covid, many people out there don't even know shit is getting worst... I pray we survive this
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Alberttahir: 8:00am On Jun 30, 2020
Where are all the billions of naira donated, why can't they equips the private lab with test kits to Carry out covid 19 test free of charge? They even plan to increase electricity tariff sef. Eight out of ten Nigerian are either private workers or self employed, and they've since lost their job or means of income. How will these people who now struggles to feed afford 50k test? My apologies to president Donald Trump for seeing him as a racist when he referred to us as 'shit hole' country. We are worse than that.
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Agadinaagwuofe: 8:01am On Jun 30, 2020
Openbusiness:

Then people will continue spreading the virus. Let's see how Lagos will turn out if 90% Lagosians are infected with the Coronavirus. Do they think it's everyone that the virus will kill? No; Most people will remain asymptomatic and continue living and spreading it. By the time the whole fresh air in Lagos gets contaminated with the virus, maybe they will be running their scam govt from under their bed at home. So they and their families are not safe too. We are all in it together. Na where God pass dem be that.

Absolutely correct! But their foolishness will not let them see that as it continue to spread it will get back to them (the corrupt govt officials) who already have underlying issues and their health will deteriorates and they die leaving the poor masses they want to go against to continue living.
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by jolyment: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2020
How much is the minimum wage?
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:02am On Jun 30, 2020
jidamsel43:
Corona for scam

Imaging telling people who could not afford 3 square meals a day , to pay #50000 for test. Who are those people the government are testing everyday?

I discover that Lagos conduct more than #1000 tests everyday .

In Alimosho LGA, where we have more than #2000 Covid-19 patients. I have not seen anybody who has gone for test or declared positive.

Is government testing ghosts?

This is the reason we are forced to declare it a scam.
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Ruggedniggaone: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2020
Esseite:
You cannot afford palliative..
You cannot afford test kits..
You cannot afford isolation centers..
You cannot even afford to lockdown..

What can you then afford, what is your benefit as a Government?

Estimate from an Average private hospital:
3 essential covid test - N150,000
Bed space at 10k/day for 14 days - N140,000
Medicine and consultation for the period - N100,000
Total = N390,000..

Minimum wage = 30k * 12 = N360,000.

You would have just said, "Go and die"..
but if they tell you that 50b has been spent on covid19 most of you will be shouting SCAM
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

@bolded...... my brother, plus all the monies donated by some people, banks and organizations in Nigerian.

Nigerian government is a thieving political organization....

dem go tell us say them use all the money to build isolation centers, buy testing kits, PEP for frontliners, palliatives, dig graves for fatalities, etc., that were never genuinely in place.

dem wan give some selected people 20k , but because of their addiction to thieving, dem talk say if u get 5k for account u no go get the 20k.oya, send to those with zero bank balance, na lie, no testimony from anybody say dem done receive any 20k from the government. thieeeeeeeeeves. awon Ole jatijati.

Nigerian government is a thief generally.
Nigerian government is a robbery gang. A dangerous one for that matter. With all the donations they didn't do anything that affected the lives of Nigerians. Not even the so called poorest of the poor. They clearly don't want this to end. If they did, they won't be making it so hard for people to go for the test. How does a family of 5 or even 3, that can't feed, can't even afford a good living condition afford that test.
Let me not even go far. How much does a government worker earn? They will pay for light and feed. Pay for rent and other bills. Where will the person get money to go for test if one member of the family shows symptoms because the whole family will have to go for test?
Isn't this a way of discouraging people so that the disease will spread more and they will keep using it as an excuse to steal money?. When it's time to pay the Chinese, they will come up with one tax and make it compulsory for people to pay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Mineisgrace(f): 8:06am On Jun 30, 2020
May God save us all
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by guru90: 8:06am On Jun 30, 2020
What a hell?

Nigeria is just a customized scam country.

1 Like

Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by macjireh: 8:13am On Jun 30, 2020
realstars:
So If You No Get 50k You Don Die Be That?

Openbusiness:

That's just the interpretation in one short sentence.

there's nothing to fear there... d symptoms are easy to detect...now d most noticeable symptom is DAT of loss of taste and loss of smell...there are simple antibiotics u can take as well as with vitamin C..if u like too u can take ginger,garlic and lime in addition... in all u will be OK in less than a week... its wat my sister took wen she noticed d symptoms which was later tested to be positive...d only problem is wen there are other life threatening conditions in d patient,, then there's a bigger problem.. apart from DAT,,there's nothing to fear about Coro
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Darkharvest: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2020
These people are completely MAD.
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by masqot(m): 8:17am On Jun 30, 2020
Summarily, all test kits are now "diverted" to private hospitals. Nigeria!
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by bluefilm: 8:18am On Jun 30, 2020
Business don show for lab people.

No wonder they want to impose the coronavirus ''pandemic'' on us by fire by force.

Useless people.
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:18am On Jun 30, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

Nigerians too mumu (not sorry to say).

that's why u no go ever see my hand for anything politics in this country. I no dey vote, I no dey campaign, I no support any stupidity called political party, no political shittt in my life.

I say make people no participate in any political election again. make those thieves dey select demselves.

make everybody stay in their homes when election times come, na that time the government go know say people dey vex and anything can happen bcoz dem no go feel safe again.

some mumu go still carry their hungry Belle go dey fight for some stupid APC and PDP candidates in the name of voting, at the end of the day, na dem go still come back and be cursing the people wey dem uses their own hands vote for.

mumu too plenty for this country.
I told myself even before the last elections that I'm never ever going to waste my time going out to vote or even argue with anyone about which politician or political party is good or bad. If all Nigerians, can stay away from campaigns and elections, allow those thieves to do their thing. By the time to go for campaign rally and no one ame to listen to their shit and no one goes to vote, they will have small sense.
When they were saying biafrans should boycott 2015 elections, I was of the view that it's time all Nigerians start boycotting the elections. It's long overdue. Since we can't Match in the streets without being attacked by the police, we can protest without going out. Boycott elections cos that's the only time those thieves remember us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Dname: 8:23am On Jun 30, 2020
They just want to justify the billions borrowed!
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by israelchinedu: 8:24am On Jun 30, 2020
that is the reason why God will punish all of you because in other countries no body pay money for the test is free
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:28am On Jun 30, 2020
AmazingRidwan:
Dear all,

I'm genuinely begging if anybody has an old laptop they are not using or slightly faulty laptop that you give out, please kindly give to me. I'm preparing for an exam (GRE) that requires I use a laptop to practice (Mock exam). Please I beg you in the Name of God �

Next time, indicate your location. Also, is there no way to do the practice with Android phone, as in no way at all?
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by DModeCntStopMe: 8:29am On Jun 30, 2020
Chai, what a country and her people.

Shame! We are all greedy in this damn shiithole

Just disintegrate this hell into pieces, let's all go our different ways.
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Ogaga87(m): 8:31am On Jun 30, 2020
ikorodureporta:
in other words, don't bother going to the public centres for free test, 'cos you won't be attended to

New Biz don arrive

And the government will be taxing them for its share for something they are suppose to provide.. This country get witches in highschool places
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by mrkings84(m): 8:31am On Jun 30, 2020
I said it earlier, that once the money to share is getting exhausted they will shift the public to private firms.
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:33am On Jun 30, 2020
lekki1444:
I aint complaining. i dont pay no taxes so i dont expect nothing from the government. i live as a free man in nigeria. i dont give the government nothing and the government dont give me nothing. some of you should try it. it is very liberating cheesy cheesy

But you pay VAT for calls and the stamp duty or whatever they deduct in the banks? If you are a land owner in Lagos, you also pay land use charge, and most of the goods you buy are taxed... So it's all still the same

2 Likes

Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by hohafrank(m): 8:34am On Jun 30, 2020
This is not fair.How will average Nigerian have such amount of money? This purely act of negligence on the part of the Government.May God help.
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by TruthinAction: 8:35am On Jun 30, 2020
Be rest assured that most of these private testing centres are owned by government workers. Very soon, government testing centres will not have drugs and they will refer you to the private testing centres.
Re: Private Labs In Lagos To Conduct COVID-19 Tests, To Cost Between 40,000-50,400 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:36am On Jun 30, 2020
Ooe33:
Firstly, only approved hospitals will run test. So no doctor can send u to his/her hospital to do the test. Furthermore, u've got to know that testing is not free in Saner climes. When people start paying for this tests, nobody will be fighting not to go with NCDC, like we are seeing now.

What if NCDC wan carry person wey no get money? What will happen in that case?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior / Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? / Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.