Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? (5179 Views)

10 Years Of Marriage And 2 Kids, Wife Divorces Hubby Who Was A Dependant / Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce / Man Divorces Wife For Giving Birth To Too Many Children Like A ‘Rabbit’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by ImaIma1(f): 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

U r still confusing actions motivated by money or deviant sexual urge with actions motivated by just gratuitous wickedness and callousness, which is what we are discussing. If a survey were taken of all 9ja households and the maids were asked who is more wicked, Oga or Madam, tell me honestly what u think will be the result.

So a man having sex with a child is not wicked because it is motivated by sexual urge and not wickedness? In other words, what he did was kind and loving right! Let me know when you are ready to be real.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by ImaIma1(f): 8:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Of course there are always exceptions but going by people I know and stories I read, it’s not even close. I know two families right now where the men’s son and daughter from previous marriages are ostracized. See the story below, it is typical. This would never happen if he was the woman’s son

The problem here is that you focus on the ones YOU know and the ones YOU read and now draw a conclusion based on that. Do you know of the countless ones that live happily? You can't draw a conclusion with a biased and subjective view

2 Likes

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
ImaIma1:

The problem here is that you focus on the ones YOU know and the ones YOU read and now draw a conclusion based on that. Do you know of the countless ones that live happily? You can't draw a conclusion with a biased and subjective view

What else should I focus on if not what I myself see and read everyday. How many times have seen stories where the husband was gratuitously torturing the maid?? It is always the wife!
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by ImaIma1(f): 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

What else should I focus on if not what I myself see and read everyday. How many times have seen stories where the husband was gratuitously torturing the maid?? It is always the wife!

Because it's not all about you. The world doesn't rise and set on you. So there are people who are not in the news and who you don't know for you to draw a conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
ImaIma1:

So a man having sex with a child is not wicked because it is motivated by sexual urge and not wickedness? In other words, what he did was kind and loving right! Let me know when you are ready to be real.

Well, horrible as it is, he is NOT doing it because he hates the child or wants to punish it. He is doing it because he is sick with sick sexual urges. The wife, on the other hand, is callously torturing the child possibly out of hatred or pure wickedness - just to inflict pain on a defenseless person she has power over
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
ImaIma1:

Because it's not all about you. The world doesn't rise and set on you. So there are people who are not in the news and who you don't know for you to draw a conclusion.

In that case u cannot opine on anything cos there’d always be cases u don’t about. You have to go around and ask every single member to conclude about a group!
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by ImaIma1(f): 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

In that case u cannot opine on anything cos there’d always be cases u don’t about. You have to go around and ask every single member to conclude about a group!

You should be telling yourself this since you keep drawing conclusions based on limited statistics.

That's why surveys are carried out to get a more authentic analysis. And not this "doctors are more important than teachers" type of argument.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 9:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
ImaIma1:

You should be telling yourself this since you keep drawing conclusions based on limited statistics.

That's why surveys are carried out to get a more authentic analysis. And not this "doctors are more important than teachers" type of argument.

U just defeated your own argument - surveys never ask all members of a group as u advocate. They take a sample - exactly same thing I do
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by ImaIma1(f): 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

U just defeated your own argument - surveys never ask all members of a group as u advocate. They take a sample - exactly same thing I do

I didn't defeat anything.

Your conclusions are biased on based on your own limited exposure and examples. And you are so determined to crucify one sex over the other.

So rest and stop trying too hard to prove a point.

1 Like

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
ImaIma1:

Your conclusions are biased on based on your own limited exposure and examples. And you are so determined to crucify one sex over the other.

U r the one that is totally biased and trying to make this a gender thing. Anyone who pays even cursory attention KNOWS it is vastly wives that torture maids, not husbands. It is mother-in-laws that cause problems not father. It is “wicked step mother” not father.
These are things that have been established through decades. U don’t have to go ask every mrmber to know it. Even the surveys u mentioned don’t do that
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 11:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
ImaIma1:

Check out this my new thread.
I’m actually a closet feminist:

https://www.nairaland.com/5964241/why-70-u.s-black-women
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by ImaIma1(f): 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

U r the one that is totally biased and trying to make this a gender thing. Anyone who pays even cursory attention KNOWS it is vastly wives that torture maids, not husbands. It is mother-in-laws that cause problems not father. It is “wicked step mother” not father.
These are things that have been established through decades. U don’t have to go ask every mrmber to know it. Even the surveys u mentioned don’t do that

Just the same way you hardly hear female ritualists.

My point is simple...no sex has a monopoly of wickedness. And no matter what you say, you cannot prove that one sex is more wicked than the other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by ImaIma1(f): 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Check out this my new thread.
I’m actually a closet feminist:

Not sure I will
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 12:02am On Jul 05, 2020
ImaIma1:

Not sure I will

You may learn something. At least you’d know nothing I’m saying here is out of gender bias
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 12:08am On Jul 05, 2020
ImaIma1:

Just the same way you hardly hear female ritualists.

My point is simple...no sex has a monopoly of wickedness. And no matter what you say, you cannot prove that one sex is more wicked than the other.

Popular culture will tend to disagree with u. None of the following applies to their male counterparts:

Wicked step mother
Wicked Mother-in-law
Madam tortures maid
Lady steals baby
“Hell hath no fury...”
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CHoccolaTE: 4:23am On Jul 05, 2020
Lol

So men are really out there telling themselves that women are more wicked than them?
Wawuu grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by cococandy(f): 7:51am On Jul 05, 2020
Look at heinous/violent crime stats around you and around the world.

CanadaOrBust:

I should have put “wicked” in quotes. And I did say GENERALLY. Maybe it’s just my experience, but I don’t think so. Women just generally seem more callous than men. Consider, who is usually more “wicked” - step mum vs. step dad, mother in-law vs f.., madam vs. Oga.
How many times have we read of women almost killing house help; women callously stealing other women’s babies or killing pregnant women to take the child...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by cococandy(f): 7:54am On Jul 05, 2020
Haven’t you heard of the women who the men didn’t even know they fathered other people kids until years and years later? Why didn’t those women kill the men the moment they slept with other people? How did they maintain their homes while cheating like the men did too?

None of these things are determined by gender.

Don’t judge by beer parlor stats. Those aren’t real life.

CanadaOrBust:

Your post sounds very logical and reasonably until we start looking at real life - Women just generally seem more callous than men. Consider, who is usually more “wicked” - step mum vs. step dad, mother in-law vs f.., madam vs. Oga.
How many times have we read of women almost killing house helps; women callously stealing other women’s babies or killing pregnant women to take the child.
Even the cheating u mentioned, a man will be doing it and still maintain his home. Let a woman do it once, next thing you’ll hear is she was arrested for attempting to get rid the husband . Here’s another: men get turned down and even ridiculed all the time, but “hell hath no fury like a woman turned down even once”. A woman will tell a lovelorn pleading man, “Look, I don’t want u, get out of my face b4 I slap u”...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by cococandy(f): 7:56am On Jul 05, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Seems u forgotten the point of the discussion - the woman usually automatically gets the house, usually their most expensive asset that they both contributed towards. She also usually automatically gets custody of the kids while the man is stuck paying child support!
This is wrong information

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by ImaIma1(f): 9:47am On Jul 05, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Popular culture will tend to disagree with u. None of the following applies to their male counterparts:

Wicked step mother
Wicked Mother-in-law
Madam tortures maid
Lady steals baby
“Hell hath no fury...”

I see that you can't see far from your own view.
So goodluck finding someone else to engage you in this "pointlessness".
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by eyinjuege: 9:48am On Jul 05, 2020
cococandy:
Haven’t you heard of the women who the men didn’t even know they fathered other people kids until years and yeasr later? Why didn’t those women kill the men the moment they slept with other people? How did they maintain their homes while cheating like the men did too?

Some truths are too difficult to handle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by ImaIma1(f): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

You may learn something. At least you’d know nothing I’m saying here is out of gender bias

There's no point. You have established that you can't see beyond your prejudice

1 Like

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by cococandy(f): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2020
eyinjuege:

Some truths are too difficult to handle.

It doesn’t fit their narrative cool
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by Acidosis(m): 10:15am On Jul 05, 2020
Well, statistics from the US cannot be used to draw any reasonable conclusions especially on issues about marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by ImaIma1(f): 10:59am On Jul 05, 2020
cococandy:
Haven’t you heard of the women who the men didn’t even know they fathered other people kids until years and years later? Why didn’t those women kill the men the moment they slept with other people? How did they maintain their homes while cheating like the men did too?

You got that right! Beer parlour stats. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by Iceyjayz: 11:15am On Jul 05, 2020
cococandy:

It doesn’t fit their narrative cool
So it fit urs?
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
cococandy:
Look at heinous/violent crime stats around you and around the world.

Who do u consider more wicked - someone who callously tortures a helpless maid simply because she can or someone who robs a store because he wants easy money?

Check out this my thread:
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
cococandy:

Of course there are always exceptions, but generally speaking such women tend to want to get rid of their husband much more more than men.

Popular culture does not evolve from beer parlor stats. They evolve from observation over decades and centuries. Wicked step mother, mother in-law, torturer madam, etc, did not evolve from beer parlor gist
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
cococandy:

This is wrong information

So these memes evolved out of thin air

Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
ImaIma1:

I see that you can't see far from your own view.
So goodluck finding someone else to engage you in this "pointlessness".

I am not the one that coined those terms. They evolved from centuries of observation.
Nice chatting withcha
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by CanadaOrBust: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
ImaIma1:

There's no point. You have established that you can't see beyond your prejudice

I was only stating popular culture. How can that be prejudice. Am I the one who established the mother in- law lore or the wicked step mother ish. These simply represent what society has observed over centuries.

BTW on the other extreme, the most empathetic, bleeding heart people are also women
Re: Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? by cococandy(f): 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

So these memes evolved out of thin air
Exactly.

Memes aren’t scholarly articles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Love And Mercy / How One Couple’s Wedding Photos Became An Internet Meme / Photo: Frustrated Man Sends A Note To Neighbours Who Get Really Loud During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.