Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,493 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:39 AM

Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal (596 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Npower Volunteers To Be Exited Into Community Police / Apply For Religious Workers And Volunteers At Royal Mifadelo Global Foundation / We Will Prosecute And Deduct N90,000 From All Npower Volunteers That Do This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Swizbank: 11:53am On Jul 01, 2020
I feel no matter what, the Govt should have the means of providing for her citizens.

Yes, the program was billed to expire one day, but considering the status quo via the pandemic, I reason it a fair treatment if the Npower volunteers are shown some love by allowing them thrive in their meager monthly take home.

Engagement of a fresh batch must not be prerequisited by the disengagement of the pioneer volunteers.

The current govt I believe promised 3million jobs, so why must 500k be disengaged in order to hire a fresh 400k?

Does it mean govt doesn't have the means to cater for 900k of her citizens?

They talked about transitioning after disengagement, but I think the reverse should be the case. Disengagement should come after transitioning.

People are suffering!

Your opinion please!

Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by realstars: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2020
The Govenment Will Say, There No Money, That Is Why They Have Multiple Borrowing Of Money,

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Sammy07: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2020
You Nigerians are not serious and you're Lazy.

Batch A collected 30K for 4yrs.
Batch B for 3yrs.

yet, you don't want other Nigerians to benefit

if you're single,
Out of 30K, can't you save 20k?

if you're married, you'll find means to cater for yourself.

what if there isn't Npower?

will you guys die
Swizbank:
I feel no matter what, the Govt should have the means of providing for her citizens.

Yes, the program was billed to expire one day, but considering the status quo via the pandemic, I reason it a fair treatment if the Npower volunteers are shown some love by allowing them thrive in their meager monthly take home.

Engagement of a fresh batch must not be prerequisited by the disengagement of the pioneer volunteers.

The current govt I believe promised 3million jobs, so why must 500k be disengaged in order to hire a fresh 400k?

Does it mean govt doesn't have the means to cater for 900k of her citizens?

They talked about transitioning after disengagement, but I think the reverse should be the case. Disengagement should come after transitioning.

People are suffering!

Your opinion please!

You're just being selfish.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
Sammy07:

Batch B for 3yrs.

if you're single,

will you guys die

Please kindly explain how one can survive on 10k and save 20k. NPower is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Sammy07: 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
matex97:
Please kindly explain how one can survive on 10k and save 20k. NPower is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

Oga, Kindly explain how you can't survive if there is no Npower?

Anyways, I live in Ondo state.
Probably location matters like (Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Anambra are a bit expensive)

Food Shouldn't cost you up to #6,000 per month (as a single guy)

Transportation Maybe #2,000, you can even find your way sometimes.

Miscellaneous expenses like Buying of Soap, Tooth paste, Etc round it up to 2,000.

How do you survive during your NYSC?
Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Swizbank: 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
Sammy07:

Batch B for 3yrs.

if you're single,

will you guys die

If you read well, you would have seen where I said, the engagement of the new must not come at the detriment of the old.

We are not fighting brother.

The Govt has made you believe that there is no more, and they cannot afford to pay 30k to 1million Nigerians.

If you see it from the point that the your breakthrough is not dependent on my breakdown, you won't have problem with me.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Sammy07: 12:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
Swizbank:

If you read well, you would have seen where I said, the engagement of the new must not come at the detriment of the old.

We are not fighting brother.

The Govt has made you believe that there is no more, and they cannot afford to pay 30k to 1million Nigerians.

If you see it from the point that the your breakthrough is not dependent on my breakdown, you won't have problem with me.

When you're registering for Batch A and B, What was the agreement made?

Or, you didn't read the terms and conditions that It's Only for 2 Years
That's breech of Agreement in Law.
Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
Sammy07:

Oga, Kindly explain how you can't survive if there is no Npower?

Anyways, I live in Ondo state.
Probably location matters like (Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Anambra are a bit expensive)

Food Shouldn't cost you up to #6,000 per month (as a single guy)

Transportation Maybe #2,000, you can even find your way sometimes.

Miscellaneous expenses like Buying of Soap, Tooth paste, Etc round it up to 2,000.

How do you survive during your NYSC?
FYI, I am not a beneficiary or an applicant of the scheme but like you said cost of living differs based on location. That is why i said 10k can not be sufficient.
Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Sammy07: 12:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
matex97:
FYI, I am not a beneficiary or an applicant of the scheme but like you said cost of living differs based on location. That is why i said 10k can not be sufficient.

Then raise it up 15K.

Or How do corpers survive with 30K?
And what if there is no Npower, won't he survive?

or those living in Lagos, Abuja etc, didn't they survive?
Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Kokadomfreedom(m): 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
Sammy07:

Batch B for 3yrs.

if you're single,

will you guys die

go and tell civil servants and others who are collecting huge amount and will serve for 35 years to resign for other nigerians to take over. You pained because of 30k enemy of progress.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Sammy07: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kokadomfreedom:
go and tell civil servants and others who are collecting huge amount and will serve for 35 years to resign for other nigerians to take over. You pained because of 30k enemy of progress.

Mad oooo cheesy, Me pained because of 30K?? grin

Go and find out how much 1 bag of cocoa generate, then come back to adjust your comment.

Apart from that, let me address your other "Meaningless point"

You said Civil Servants who served for 35yrs.

Ask those Civil Servants, what was the agreement made by Federal government when they were given appointment letter.
isn't to serve them for 35Yrs?

When FG engaged you guys, the agreement was plainly 2Yrs.
I don't know why you guys are crying, probably because you didn't save cheesy

When Jonathan was in Government, He did similar scheme (I think Seap or so).
Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Swizbank: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
Sammy07:

Then raise it up 15K.

Or How do corpers survive with 30K?
And what if there is no Npower, won't he survive?

or those living in Lagos, Abuja etc, didn't they survive?

Have you ever paid house rent since you were born? Just asking...no harm intended
Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Sammy07: 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
Swizbank:

Have you ever paid house rent since you were born? Just asking...no harm intended

Yes(Before NYSC and during NYSC) , and I'm currently Paying it(Before marriage, God will do wonders)

And Oga, you'll start from Scratch, It was my NYSC money, I use to start Farming (Cocoa) (it was even family land, or should I call it lease land), And we thank God now.
There are so many times one will beg the landlord to accept 6months salary first.
I've even collected Lapo money to pay rent before.

Start from somewherr, cos you ain't the only one who passed through it.

I've been there before, I know it's not easy.
but do you have a choice?

There are many people earning 10K as salary, what do you want them to do?
Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Swizbank: 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
Sammy07:

Yes(Before NYSC and during NYSC) , and I'm currently Paying it(Before marriage, God will do wonders)

And Oga, you'll start from Scratch, It was my NYSC money, I use to start Farming (Cocoa) (it was even family land, or should I call it lease land), And we thank God now.
There are so many times one will beg the landlord to accept 6months salary first.
I've even collected Lapo money to pay rent before.

Start from somewherr, cos you ain't the only one who passed through it.

I've been there before, I know it's not easy.
but[b] do you have a choice?
[/b]
There are many people earning 10K as salary, what do you want them to do?

Yes, I do have a choice - that's exactly what this post represents - the choice . But you decided to antagonize me.
Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Sammy07: 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2020
Swizbank:

Yes, I do have a choice - that's exactly what this post represents - the choice . But you decided to antagonize me.

I'm sorry, I don't wish to.
I only vex, when I saw this.

The current govt I believe promised 3million jobs, so why must 500k be disengaged in order to hire a fresh 400k

and it's because I know that there was an agreement before the applicants applied.
Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Swizbank: 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
Sammy07:

I'm sorry, I don't wish to.
I only vex, when I saw this.

and it's because I know that there was an agreement before the applicants applied.

May be you misunderstood. The point was, the Govt could still retain the 500k and still take as much as they want anew. The resources are there. Thats the point.

And what about the agreement? Are you a representative of the Govt?
Re: Opinion: Ejecting Npower Volunteers At This Turbulent Time Is Suicidal by Sammy07: 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
Swizbank:

May be you misunderstood. The point was, the Govt could still retain the 500k and still take as much as they want anew. The resources are there. Thats the point.

And what about the agreement? Are you a representative of the Govt?

I'm not representing the government.
Instead, you should say, they should take another 2 - 3 batches.

Instead of retaining batch A and B.

We have over 100m of youths

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Urgent Employment / Job Vacancy / Teachers Are Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.