Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud (16889 Views)

Photos Of Abba Kyari, 6 Others Arraigned For Drug Trafficking / Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud / Adoke’s Illness Stalls Efcc’s Interrogation Into $1.06 Billion Malabu Oil Block (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2020
ABUJA — The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday, arraigned Malabu Oil & Gas Limited, six other companies and an oil tycoon, Aliyu Abubakar before the Federal High Court on a 48-count fraud charge.

The Defendants were docked over their involvement in alleged fraudulent transfer of controversial OPL 245, considered as one of the richest oil blocks in Africa.

Other defendants in the charge marked FHC/ABJ/CR/268/2016, are A-Group Construction Company Limited, Rocky Top Resources Limited, Mega-Tech Engineering Limited, Novel Properties and Development Company Limited, and Carlin International Nigeria Limited.

EFCC alleged that they were involved in money laundering to the tune of about $1billion and N673million.

According to the anti-graft agency, Malabu Oil & Gas Ltd and two of its directors who are currently at large- Seidougha Munamuna and a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Dauzia Etete, known as Dan Etete- “directly or indirectly converted the sum of $401,540,000 paid from the Federal Government of Nigeria Escrow Account with JP Morgan Chase Bank in London into Malabu Oil’s account with First Bank of Nigeria Limited”.

The Defendants were said to have converted the money, even when they knew that the funds formed part of unlawful activity, to wit: “negotiation and signing of oil block 245 Resolution Agreement with Shell Nigeria Ultra Deep Limited, Nigeria Agip Exploration Limited, Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited whereby taxes due to the Federal Government was waived”.

EFCC alleged that they took control of the sum of $401,540,000 in violation of section 9(a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, an act punishable under section 15(3) of the same law.
More so, the agency alleged that Abubakar and Rocky Top Resources Limited, in September 2011, took control of the sum of $336,456,906.78 which was part of proceeds of unlawful activity in the Malabu Oil deal.

In another count in the charge, EFCC told the court that Abubakar and Imperial Union Limited, in August 2011, equally also took control of the sum of $34,540,00 they received from Malabu Oil and Gas, being proceeds of unlawful activity in the OPL 245 deal.

Abubakar was alleged to have neglected to report in writing to the EFCC certain single-fund transactions involving the bank accounts of his separate companies between 2011 and 2014.
The EFCC alleged that the firms being Designated Non-Financial Institutions, are by virtue of section 10(1)(b) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011, ought to report such huge transactions to the EFCC in writing, failing which is punishable under section 10(3) of the same law.

Abubakar and Carlin International Nigeria Limited allegedly failed to report the lodgment of N300m in the firm’s account by a former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke (SAN) in February 2012.

The EFCC further alleged that the businessman and A-Group Construction Company Limited failed to report the sum of N32.108m paid to Triax BDC in January 2014; and N38m paid to them by Falana Properties Limited in August 2015.

The EFCC alleged that the sum of $73.5m paid to Rocky Top Resources by Malabu Oil in September 2013 was not reported.
It told the court that Abubakar and Megatech Engineering had in August 2011, failed to report the transfer of $180m that was made to them from Malabu Oil’s account.

They were said to have also failed to report another N50m transfer that was equally made to them in September 2016.

Meanwhile, the Defendants pleaded not guilty to the charge.

EFCC’s lawyer, Mr. Bala Sanga did not oppose request for bail the 8th Defendant, Abubakar who is the only natural person in the charge, made through his lawyer, Akin Olujinmi, SAN.

Trial Justice Inyang Ekwo accordingly granted bail to the Defendant who is also facing multiple charges alongside the immediate past AGF, Adoke, SAN, over the alleged oil Bloc fraud.

Justice Ekwo subsequently adjourned the case till September 7 for trial.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/efcc-arraigns-malabu-oil-6-others-over-alleged-1bn-fraud/

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by CODEIN: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
abduljabbar4 you seem like a good northerner whom I will like to know or befriend but still on the corruption argument, I just have to mention your name here in this thread so you can see your fulani lords been involved in on another high level fraud of $401,540,000

You might be a good conscientious person but what I dont like is how you come to the defense of your northern elithieves who in all their decades of clinging to power have achieved nothing but to destroy everything in this country, rendering it completely useless.

Do you accept that they are the reason why most youths today do cyberfraud. Think about it deep. Be honest.

abduljabbar4:
We are here to deal with facts. Show me a report about an aboki (as you love to call us) being arrested for cyber fraud. Don't get me started on drug trafficking. You constitute a cancer to the Nigerian passport
Someone mentioned Mompha to you, but you ignored him as if he is not an aboki man ?
As for drug trafficking, we all know which tribes constitute the majority of those doing it today but the northerners were the first to traffick hard drugs and various other crimes and corruption which are rampart today in Nigeria. Fact.

supercase1:
Categorically, based on my intellectual capacity and my vast knowledge, tactically and tentatively, right from the beginning of times especially in the times of the light of Exodus evolution, I have come to a concrete, definite and profound conclusion that fulanis and hausas are the cancer holding Nigeria backward and in a state unprogressiveness and any foolish person from the West/east/south/middle birth still Supporting this APC led government is a BIG FAT ZOMBIE
Thank goodness you’re just waking up to that fact. 169 millions more people to wake up. Mind you, them Hausas are not part of the emirate domination, they are also victims of the Fulani fake black arab manipulation.

RPG2020:

Bros if you say make we boycott buhari i dey with you �% but for Beef bros i love my burger you see say problem go dey

RonaldoVido post=91048224:

You must get an alternative for beef first.

First things first.

A wiseman does not cut off his nose to spite his enemy.

Don’t be a fool, we have our native cows alternative before they used islam to condemned them as possessed of demons. Native cows our ancestors have been eating for centuries before the fulani arabs invaded into Africa to wage jihad on all native tribes.

Long before Nigeria came into existence as a result of the forcefulness amalgamation of 1914 which expired in 2014 hundred years later, were we not sourcing our beefs from within our local communities and tribes? Did a Calabar or Ibadan man relied on any black Arab fulani nomad to supply him meat ?

Adaibeku:
we know fulanis we follow shagari ,yaradua are angels but u chose buhari d devil now 70% of afonjas are dying of hunger
Stop deceiving people. People have wised up to your deception, all fulanis are one and the same, from Tundr Idiagbon (A fulani given a Yoruba name) to Yar’adu and Atiku, they are all the same. Different ploy and strategy to continue the conquering of the native blacks.

meavox:

THIS IS REAL WAR!

Farmers working hard in their farm are attacked by Fulani herdsmen who WANT TO KILL THEM!
Is that not declaration of war!

ALL Arewa herdsmen must leave South and MB - even the ones some of us call "good herdsmen". ALL must be made to return to Arewa! The Gov of Kano invited them ALL but the Fulanization of Nigeria agenda ignored it.

UP my brothers of MB and Lower Niger, we are in Alliance with Oduduwa. We must support them.

LET US BOYCOTT BEEF! In South and MB and be united in doing so.
No eating of beef! No trading of beef! Enough is enough!
Yes let us boycott all the BEEF from fulani mass murderer who see every landowning natives as kaffir deserving to be slaughtered in the name of jihad. Jihad which they have been initiating on us long before the Europeans came and after they have left. Wake up everybody and take Sensedeine

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by paradigmshift(m): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hushpuppy no do pass like this

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by KEVIND: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
They keep deleting and banning me whenever i paste this news.
Source:
https://www.independent.ng/pandef-to-buhari-well-embarrass-you-before-international-community/

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by inoki247: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
I hope say dem don du dere homeWork well cos I no wan hear say court throway dere case as no case...

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by sLentlover7778(m): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
Na settlement go end am..

EFFC is all about chop I chop..

Audio arraigned.

grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by Sammy07: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
I just hope money won't exchange hands to set them free.

We need to change the constitution.
Public office holders and Anyone that involves in Fraud, Crime, Money laundering should be given a death penalty.

That's why I don't like Law as a profession.
Lawyers go still defend them.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by publicsensor: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
Another Song to keep the gullible minds busy.

I refuse to be manipulated any longer.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by slicepill: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
this one loud oooo
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
grin
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by Victormonster: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mehnnnnnn!
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by teamsynergy: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
Wallahi if a serious crime fighting organization should enter Nigeria. In the next 20yrs, they will still be making arrests
.. Hushpuppy full everywhere

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by baike: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
I my mistaking

Atiku Abubakar or
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by Mindlog: 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
This case will still be on in 5 years time.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by HundredWays(m): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
paradigmshift:
Hushpuppy no do pass like this
him own na $100,000,000 wink
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by SenecaTheYonger: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
Post their face
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by osamz007: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
AWON WIRE WIRE. OIL AND GAS PEOPLE.

THEM DON SPOIL OUR NAME FINISH

MAH QUICKLY SECURE SOUTH SUDAN PASSPORT

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by Menance: 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2020
Efcc is looking for money. At the end of the day a little cut will set them free

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by Jazzumanian: 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hmmmm Nigeria though
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by izibili44: 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
inoki247:
I hope say dem don du dere homeWork well cos I no wan hear say court throway dere case as mo case...
if you know you know.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by Darkharvest: 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
This place na Country so?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by ForeThinker: 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
Cmoni
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by paradigmshift(m): 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
HundredWays:
him own na $100,000,000 wink
Small money
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by Bigbishung(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
Nigeria government is not sincere.this is for the media
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by PureGoldh(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
Money dey dx country oh...The rich keeps on getting richer while the poor keeps on getting poorer.

When money exchange hands now...they will swerve the Matter
Re: EFCC Arraigns Malabu Oil, 6 Others Over $1 Billion Fraud by Factfinder1(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
Media trials as usual

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk-based Zimbabwean Man Poisoned Himself After Being Framed By His Wife (video) / Landlord Taught Neighbour How To Drive Then Steals His Car / 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.