Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,082 members, 7,852,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria (44841 Views)

Ocar/opay/oride / Oride, Opay, Otrike, Obus, Okash.... What Next? / Please, Any Info On How To Locate Oride Driver Office Address In Lagos, ASAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by sacajawea: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
poweredcom:
Wahala de ooo
Why do you say so?
Wahala no dey your side na, money ain't your Problem
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by nedekid: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
GboyegaD:
So many have lost their source of livelihood. May God provide them with much better jobs.
Amen, but in naija that is mostly what we do, throw it on God to provide.
We are most of the time good at destroying and not creating. We chose a recessionists gov, civil servants or politicians that cannot create anything but wake up and destroy an entrepreneurs sweat.
Nipost cannot deliver courier but want small-time private Okada driven delivery folks to pay 2m.
Ministry of aviation cannot run a national airline ie Nigeria airways but shamelessly wants to regulate entrepreneurs with their airlines.
Transport ministry regulating shipping but could not run NNSL ie defunct Nigerian national shipping line.
They cannot build houses but want to regulate private developers.
It goes on and on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by olaoye15(m): 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
I knew this was going to happen. I was sceptical about thier business model when they started thr Opay okada in Ibadan. I kept on asking them how they made thier money when a ride that cost 1000 naira is charge at a flat of 100 naira.

I was not satisfied with every answer they gave at every instance.

6 Likes

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by OdefaGirl(f): 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
It's high time the government planned for her citizens before taking decisions like this...... this is really not fair to all those that would be affected by this and consequently, crime rates will shoot up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by IMO01: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
nedekid:

Amen, but in naija that is mostly what we do, throw it on God to provide.
We are most of the time good at destroying and not creating. We chose a recessionists gov, civil servants or politicians that cannot create anything but wake up and destroy an entrepreneurs sweat.
Nipost cannot deliver courier but want small-time private Okada driven delivery folks to pay 2m.
Ministry of aviation cannot run a national airline ie Nigeria airways but shamelessly wants to regulate entrepreneurs with their airlines.
Transport ministry regulating shipping but could not run NNSL ie defunct Nigerian national shipping line.
They cannot build houses but want to regulate private developers.
It goes on and on.

Sad very sad

2 Likes

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by StrikeBack(m): 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
Oxtertee:
Wetin go come happen to my money on their app?
That will be Opay transport fare back to china
O-fare

1 Like

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Naijaarchive(m): 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
And i was about looking into their pos business o... The POS thing dey sell wella
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Teejay13(m): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
The investors must have had bitter experience investing in Nigeria.

It is barely 2 years they came into the Nigerian market and so why the sudden shutdown?
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by dangoteinlaw: 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Yahooboys are behind according to the “spoil our image” and “Adsense did not pay me “ crew

1 Like

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by olaeffect(m): 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
kachi08:
Maybe Nigerians kept on borrowing without repayment....

Evidence that you did not read grin

But kindly note that the payment/borrowing arm of opay is still in business. Which company will leave an online business that they can legally charge you up to 60% per month with government support. Government has given them the authority to blacklist you through your BVN with the assistance of the credit bureau.

2 Likes

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by giftygirl1(f): 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2020
Why do you people like peddling fake news, I used Opay Yesterday,today and I will still use it tomorrow in Enugu!

2 Likes

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Heavenschild: 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
Oend

2 Likes

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by LEOSZ(m): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mad oohhh ... Boys wey chop opay food that year chai

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Roon9(m): 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2020
GboyegaD:
So many have lost their source of livelihood. May God provide them with much better jobs.

They sacked my guy and were even asking for company's laptop
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by mariatt(f): 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
The way businesses are closing down with this covid 19. Hmmm
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Bankalert(m): 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
Check my signature
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Lisaint(m): 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
LASG killed Opay

Opay can't survive without that bike
Everyone knows

2 Likes

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by iamkingdaniel: 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Enoch07:
this year hard oh
My broda
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by NaijadrivaCars: 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Is opera HUUB still working? I cant log in for sometime now. Abi dem follow shut am down

1 Like

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Queenserah26(f): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
This is a sad news as this will lead to a sharp increase in the rate of unemployment and crime.
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Chirowman(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Wahala dey oooo
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Royalhustle: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
hakeem4:
But just imagine after borrowing millions of dollars to invest in your startup, then the government now makes a policy that would destroy the business.

I wonder what is going on through the mind of the CEO of opay now
He wil b like... We no kno say nigeria go carry dis coro du biznes to dis xtnt we 4 no invent dis brand of sicknes @ll. But u can eat ur cake and have it

1 Like

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by ThierryJay: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
In the end, Ko-Pay rara.

3 Likes

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by sharpwriter(m): 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
olaoye15:
I knew this was going to happen. I was sceptical about thier business model when they started thr Opay okada in Ibadan. I kept on asking them how they made thier money when a ride that cost 1000 naira is charge at a flat of 100 naira.

I was not satisfied with every answer they gave at every instance.

Me too ... nobody was able to explain to me how the company makes profit while also paying their local riders cheesy cheesy My worst fears about them are now coming to reality.
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by johhbekeboh09: 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
Nigeria's business environment and her currency are unpredictable
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by blingxx(m): 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Opay you'll be Okay..
You can start Oclean, to make Lagos clean..
grin grin grin
funny but ...this doesn't sound like a bad idea undecided

1 Like

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by HIPROFILE(m): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
No be every business weh deh work for abroad fit survive for naija investors need to know this.

Nigeria is ......................................

Please fill in the gap
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by kushe: 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
It is really sad when a promising business closes shop.It is even sadder that this is a government assisted demise.I still struggle with why these bike hailing companies were banned when transportation in Lagos is a nightmare.
No trains,bad roads,poor bus services and then you ban a widely accepted people mover.What a shame.

3 Likes

Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Edoziesmart(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Is opera HUUB still working? I cant log in for sometime now. Abi dem follow shut am down
Same issue me and my guy is facing now
We can't login for the past few weeks now
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Godsonkemz(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2020
GboyegaD:

Amen
Re: OPay Shuts Down ORide, OCar, OExpress In Nigeria by Yankee101: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2020
Harsh business environment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Real Online Business Opportunities You Can Start With 5000 Naira / 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria / See The Amount Of Money This Lady Realised After She Broke Her Savings Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.