Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Devilpen - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Devilpen (1124 Views)

Where Is Devilpen / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Written by: Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach
IG: prime_iu
mideshedrach@gmail.com

Introduction

First it was a vaccine to cure a disease, a bid to make the world better, to cure illness, it was a major breakthrough for the entire world, a vaccine which gave extra strong immunity to to the body system, fought massively against disease and even viruses stood no chance. The first phase went well, a major success then something happened.

No one could explain, but it began acting in a way no one thought, it gave extra ordinary powers to those who took the first batch of vaccines, the side effects didn't make the second phase successful.

People began exercising different abilities and using it for selfish gains and showing supremacy, hurting one another only few saw the good side of such powers.

But there was one, known as Devilpen, he draws connection from the girl he loves, with his pen, he could rewrite the entire world and every existence. He had done it before, he changed the presidency, he changed educational system, by just writing a story and drawing his preferred scenes and everything came to pass.

Although there is limitation to such power, but once in his full essence, nothing could stop him.

Different organizations began to form, but the strongest were Vulture Alliance and Necessary Good, each wanting to have this power on their side.

Either he joins or die.

Join our facebook page

www.facebook.com/primeinsaneuniverse
Re: Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
Rain drops gave random beats on everything beneath, drizzling softly in broad day light, by far east were dark clouds closing in rapidly on the main city

Tricycles and every other vehicles honking impatiently, everyone wanted to get to their dwelling as soon as possible.

"Its about to rain and we still haven't made any extraction yet" a girl said and closed the railings of the window and turned around to face a lanky looking boy, a little fair in complexion.

"I know" the boy replied scribbling words on a piece of paper as fast as he could.

The pen he used, glowed brightly as he continued to write whatever it is he was writing.
"Done" he said and squeezed the paper, making it turn in ash.

The girl peeped at the sky through the window and smiled as the sky became clear, like nothing had happened earlier.

"Come on, use the hoods, you know how wanted you are and you are refusing to pick sides, you can't write forever, your ink might fail you" the girl said, as she wore a black bag around her back.

"I know I can't keep running for ever, I have tried writing it like nothing ever happened, going back to our normal lives, but names of those who made the mistake I don't know" the boy replied and wore a black leather jacket which had a hood and placed the hood over his head.

He walked over to the center table and threw the last piece of bread into his mouth.

Screeching of car tyres came from outside of the hotel and quickly he peeped through the window and instantly knew who they were.

"Vultures are here" he said and quickly opened the door.

Three men dressed in matching black outfit walked into the hotel reception and instantly everyone fell into a deep sleep, they proceeded through the stairs and hastily made their way up.

The boy held the girl by the arm, taking her through the stairways that led to the rooftop of the hotel.

"Come on" he said pulling the girl hastily behind him.

"Take it easy, it hurts" the girl complained trying to free her hands off the tight grip

"Abbey!!! " she screamed and forcefully pulled off her arm.

Abiodun looked back surprised and took a long gaze at her.

"It hurts" she said making a sorry face.

"I'm sorry, come on" he said and stretched out his hand.

Getting to the rooftop, he walked towards the edge and looked down from the top, a ten storey building building and looked back at the girl

"Mojisola, do you trust me? " he asked and got closer to her, standing about an inch away from her, his forehead leaning against hers.

"Yes sure, I have always trusted you" Mojisola replied and held tight to his hands.

The door that led to the rooftop suddenly flew off its frame, and shattered into many pieces, revealing the three men, each with red glowing eyes.

"Vulture sent their level C mutants " Mojisola said and began breathing heavily.

"Come on" Abiodun said and instantly the both dashed towards the edge of the building and leaped off from it.

Diving down, Abiodun tilted his body around and smiled at Mojisola, closed his eyes and brought out a piece of paper from his pocket, folded it in his palm and made it turn into ash.

White wings suddenly came out from their back and they both dived up into the air, flapping the wings gloriously as they disappeared into the distance.

Please Like PRIME INSANE UNIVERSE on facebook
Re: Devilpen by Khriztarl(f): 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Front seat. Here i come.
Re: Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2020

A man stood before an abandoned cathedral and pushed the partially broken doors aside, and next was a bright light which illuminated in between the door and without hesitation the man walked in.

Entering into an entire existence, a huge billboard hanged on the main entrance of the magnificent building THE VULTURES SOCIETY, people going about doing different activities, each of them having brown files on their hands designated into different sections.
The three men who had attacked Abiodun and his girlfriend Mojisola stood before a roughly muscular man, each part of his muscles popping out from the tight sort he had on.

He paced around the room, his left hand supported by the right, moving from one end to another, in deep thought.

"For one, I never doubted abilities of a Level C mutant, get that boy, wipe his memories, yet you could not do, you've brought mutants more powerful than him, haven't you? " the man asked and pointed at them.

"Sir, every time he comes with another new trick, its like we are playing the game the way he wants it, he is always prepared, he soared away on eagle wings, last time he made a hurricane out of a jug" the person in the middle said.

"That's why I need him by all means, he rewrote our presidency, like it was a puppet show, find that boy before any ones does " the man said and signaled them to leave.

He picked the landline mobile and dialed a number.

"I need your service this very moment"

Abiodun alighted the yellow and blue paint taxi, and held Mojisola's hand as she tried coming out, walking towards the front window, he stretched out a hundred naira note to the taxi driver through the window and watched as the taxi zoomed off the rough road.

Walking down the lonely street, Mojisola brought out her phone and took a brief look at it, before returning it back to the pocket on the back of her trouser.

"We are almost there" she said and took the right turn.

Walking into a more darker alley, Abiodun coughed lightly as stench of cigarette made into his nose, on every corner of the alley were various humans, either dead drunk or under the influence of cigarette.

"Alright, that's the door" Mojisola said and placed a soft knock on a tattered door and repeated in some strange pattern.

The door slowly came open and from inside were loud blaring music. They both walked in and looked around for what they came for, ignoring the ungodly activities that went in around.

"Holla mamacita, welcome to No Man's Home, Cipher awaits you" a man with dreads said from behind clinching tight to Abiodun's shoulder.

They both tagged behind the man, as he led them into another section, which looked even more beautiful and cozy than the former.

A white hair man smiled from the well furnished blue leather chair he sat on, dressed in a red well fitted suit, which matched perfectly with his black Italian shoes.

"Welcome Lovebirds, you both are the talk of the town, its an honor meeting you, sincerely at first reaching out to you was hard, I'm glad you got my message" Cipher said and stood up.

"We came because of your reputation among mutants, and also to do business" Abiodun replied.

"That said, I have an incoming shipment from China and I'm not ready to pay, I dont even have the money to pay, so I heard about your great powers, can you help me do something about it, I'm willing to part away with Five million" Cipher said and instantly was sitting back on the blue chair.

"We don't need you money, only your alliance, a vow not to come after us, once you become powerful and join forces with top ranking members, like the Vulture or Necessary Good" Mojisola replied

Cipher scoffed, finding it hard to fit the puzzle.

"Necessary good is the only better option you have, in months, you both will top the chain and have you own mutant sub division, where has kings like you decide to live like beggers? "

"Give me the details of the shipment" Abiodun said not wanting to talk more about Necessary Good or Vulture Association.

Cipher waved his left hand across the air and a brown file dropped onto the table. Abiodun took the file and brought out its content, took out his pen and a little piece of paper.

Done with the writing he turned to face Mojisola and next at Cipher
"sorry you have to see this" he said and locked lips with Mojisola.

His hands began to glow and and the paper turned into ash.

"Argghh! " he panted softly after breaking the kiss and closed his eyes for a while.

"Done" he said and rubbed his palms together.
"I admire your connection " Cipher said and snapped his fingers, and next was a briefcase before them.

"You have my alliance and there, that's for the job, you can leave"

Re: Devilpen by JAOS(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
am glue to this story,ride on boss

Re: Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2020

Abiodun opened their hotel room door and walked in, dropped the briefcase with him on the centre table and pulled off his shirt. He walked towards the bathroom and unbuckled his belt, letting his trouser fall freely to the ground.

"I'll join you soon, I'll just have to stash this money somewhere first" Mojisola said.

"Moji! " Abiodun called out from the bathroom, it was unusual for her to delay anything.

He called out again, waited for some minutes before coming out of the bathroom with a green towel tied around his waist.

He noticed the room was slightly disorganized, her shoes thrown apart, get suspicious, he looked out through the window and saw a black van speeding off into the distance.

"I let my guard down" he said confused and noticed a paper on the table and picked it up.

"If you want her back, you know where to find us. Signed Vulture Association" he read the letter out and screamed out angrily.

Issue Two.........
Re: Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
Abiodun hanged a mini crossed purse around his chest and poured in many of little paper pieces and zipped it up, covered covered head with the black hood and squeezed the last paper with him, granting himself what seemed like an unlimited strength, opened the window blind and leaped out of the building from it.

Flying three times the speed of light, he landed hard on the ground, making a tough impact against the ground, sending huge cracks of bricks into the air. He sighed and looked at the full moon and walked towards an abandoned cathedral and placed his hands on the broken door which was slightly held to its frame.

"Looking for something" a husky voice shouted from behind and was followed by the hard headlights of four cars, which illuminated everywhere

"Where is she? " Abiodun asked and unzipped the cross bag around his chest and brought out two pieces of paper.

Mojisola was pulled out of the last car on the left, a blindfold around her head, she fell roughly to the ground, as she was pulled forward.

"Let's get straight to point, normally she should be used to make you work for us, now decide will you join or watch her die, you have ten seconds to decided and two seconds is gone" a huge dmman said, his face totally black since all illumination fell on his back.

Abiodun heaved and boiled with rage, while Mojisola muffled, trying to set herself free.

"Kill her" the man said coldly immediately the time was up.

A image resurrected out from the ground, a minor whirlwind forming around as he elevated into the air. Next were long sharp talons which slowly came out of both hands and swiftly sent it into Mojisola's stomach and ripped out her intestine, turned to Abiodun and growled wickedly revealing a set of red glowing eyes.

Abiodun stammered, and blink his eyes in disbelief, the horror sight he saw made cold chills run down his spines. Trying to fight back tears. He squeezed the papers in his hands and his eyes glowed brightly.

"You might be powerful, but yet you can't outsmart us, We are Vultures "

"Dead is your name! " Abiodun said and dashed forward with great speed.

A strong wind suddenly blew hard at him, pulling him aside softly, he grinned and leaped into he air, grabbed the mutant that commanded the wind turned him into ash.

He turned into a whirlwind and blew hard, throwing all the cars off, shattering them completely. He shape shifted into a very huge lion and stomped on three mutants at a time.

Turned into his normal form and made fires come out from his hands and threw fireballs at them. The huge man slashed his hand in the air and instantly the fireball died off.

Abiodun brought out more pieces and turned them into ashes.

"I can't see" the man said and placed his hands on his face.

"Never under estimate your opponent" Abiodun said and made his hands tune into a huge blade and slashed the man, rolling his head off from his body.

A soft clap came out from the cathedral and a lady dressed in all white walked out, with three female guards behind her, while Mojisola was pulled forward, hand gaged.

"How? " Abiodun asked softly, he just say her died.

"We had to make sure we are safe, that was just an illusion" the lady said and smile bros.

Abiodun dipped his hand into the bag and looked up, he had exhausted the pieces.

"Bring him down, he has exhausted his inks"

Abiodun gasped for air, as the black hood which covered his face was removed, he found himself seated in an open space, seated alone, beside him was a stool with a pen and a jotter. A bit confused he stood up and first walked towards the window, peeped through it and saw people in a larger hall, each busy with their personal activity.

He walked back towards the stool and picked up the pen, closed his eyes and tried scribbling on it. His hands glowed brightly and died down again, he closed his eyes tighter and same thing happened, he had lost connection.

The door came open and the lady he saw last walked in, this time dressed in a much more simpler manner, a red top and black trouser.

"What do you want with me and where is Moji? " Abiodun asked and made a fist.

"Her existence depends on your cooperation " the lady replied calmly.

"Meaning? "

"You have the greatest power, but you have the weakest connection, willingly surrender to us and watch us help you reach your potentials" The lady replied and the door came open.

Mojisola walked in, dressed in a blue costume, which had gold linen by the arms, a V crested on the costume. She looked away trying as much as possible to avoid eye contact with Abiodun

"Love" the lady said and giggled "She joined to save your life, and hopefully you should to, to save her life" the lady said and pointed to a green glowing chip, attached on Mojisola's neck.

"Those are power limiters" she said and pointed at Abiodun's neck.

"In case any you decides to play smart, we gave you a chance but you misused it, come on we have business to do " she said and turned around.

3 MONTHS LATER

A huge dynamic bill board in the main city displayed Abiodun's face, topping the list of most wanted muntants.

He smiles from where he stood, at the peak of a sky scrapper, his eyes glowed and the piece of paper in his hand turned into ash. In an instance he was standing in the walk way of the Vulture Association that led into the general hall.

"Devilpen " a lady shouted and ran up to him, adjusting her thick glasses.

She handed the file with her over to him and spoke.

"The Governor's speech begins in twelve minutes, Addah asked me to tell you to eliminate him right when he is giving the speech " the girl said and turned into dust.

Abiodun opened a door and walked into the room.

"You should knock next time" Mojisola said as she pulled off her jacket.

"It all belongs to me"

She kept mute and only nodded her head, as she pulled off the cloth beneath.

"Something is bothering you? " Abiodun asked
"You are getting evil Abbey, you kill without the slightest human feeling " she said worried

"We shouldn't be having this talk, this people has done things for us, unlocked our inner not ability"

"But yet we are still under bondage, with this" she said and pointed to the green chip.

Abiodun was about replying when his phone rang.

"Addah needs me, I'll be back"

Abiodun got stuck to a spot finding it hard to move, he felt a strong weight on him.

"Just to let you know, I'm finding my way out of here, with or without you" Mojisola said and opened her palm, releasing the heavy weight on Abiodun.

Re: Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2020

A huge van with the inscription NECESSARY GOOD pulled up at the open event where the Governor will be giving his speech and from the back, alighted four boys dressed in casual wears, and sun glasses.

A lady aso alighted, having the bossy aura around her.

"Kill Switch, you're our best hope, lock down every mutant from 2mile radius, Shade, place ten blocks ahead in a mirror illusion, we don't want Devilpen inteferring the rest of you, secure the perimeters" the lady ordered

"Yes ma" they all chorused and ran off.

Abiodun held a pen and a jotter on both hands and walked among the crowd, gathered to listen to the Governor's speech, his head covered with black hood, he walked passed the guards on duty, without them seeing him or noticing anyone move, he smiled mischievously and walked forward.

A black limousine drove in and behind we're three more SUVs. The door of the car came open and the Governor alighted, his guards paving way for him as news men flocked around trying to get a picture of him.

Abiodun tore out a piece from the jotter and it turned into ash, expecting everywhere to explode. He looked shocked and wondered what was wrong, the connection was right.

"Kill Switch reporting, I feel Devilpen in here, he used his powers, he is vulnerable, all unit fall in"
Re: Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 6:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mojisola's room door suddenly came open and a girl peeped into the room.

"Necessary good has Abiodun" the girl said and dashed off.

Mojisola didn't waste any more moment, she quickly put on her shoes and ran out. Getting to the hall, top mutants were already rolling out, each gearing themselves up.

"Hey, you can't come along" a mutant with scally arms said and moved her back.

"You don't have to decide that! " Mojisola said firmly

The boy hesitated and made his hands turn into blue flames with hard spike on the edges. Mojisola smirked and tightened tigthened her palms.

The mutant felt chocked and tried coughing, only to feel more discomfort, his body began to swell and his fave like it would burst if more pressure was added.

"You don't decide for me" she said and walked closer to him.

Other mutants moved back, as they felt a strong force field getting closer to them.

"Enough!! " Scarlet(Leader of Vulture Association, who had brought Abiodun in) shouted from the top floor and nodded her head for Mojisola to move along with the team.

Abiodun slowly opened his eyes and saw about seven guards, watching over him in the moving Black Maria, each having a NG inscripted on the middle of ther kevlars.

"You should let me go, you know" Abiodun said and clicked his lips.

All guards cocked their guns and pointed it at Abiodun.

"You should have just sat at the comfort of your home and rewrite whatever the hell you wanted to " a guard said scornfully.

The Black Maria approached an over head bridge, about two minutes away, the bridge suddenly collapsed. The black maria screeched its tyres against the asphalt and halted abruptly.

"All unit converge, heads up, we are under attack" a guard said through the walkie talkie and kicked open the doors of the vehicle, jumped down with his squads while the last person held Abiodun who was bonded in chains.

The SUV that followed behind the black maria halted and three mutants alighted, the girl among them turned into complete flames, while a boy turned huge, taking the perfect shape of a gladiator, huge swords on both hands and the last of them cracked his neck as the guards brought Abiodun to them.

From the collapsed bridge, a huge stone elevated into the air and hurled at them furiosly. The mutant in gladiator form leaped forwards and grabbed the shield on his back, and smashed it on the ground, which sent a strong wave towards the hurling stone and smote it into dust.

He grabbed Abiodun by the collar and threw in inside the car.

"Human flame, shield the car, and try not to burn him" the gladiator mutant said and looked towards the bridge as four people dressed in red outfit walked closer to them.

The car suddenly went up in flames, but was not burnt or had any burnt effect.

"Crazy people everywhere " Abiodun said as the flames covered the car.

Among the squads of Vulture Association, someone slammed his palms on the floor and easily split the road into two, raised stone into the air and shaped them into, from behind the squads of Necessary Good a furious wind blew at them, taking the one who didn't transform off balance and smashed him hard on the ground.

The stone came hard at them, and following behind was thunder whips, which cracked with high voltages.

Human flame clapped her hands together and sent balls of flames forward, while the mutant in gladiator form made a shield above himself.
Penetrating easily, the thunder whip struck him, burnt a reasonable amount of his body and instantly sent him unconscious.

"Ares" human flame shouted, loosing concenrration and got it, fell to the ground and the flames around her body died off and that on the car.

Abiodun managed to get a piece of paper out from his pocket and scrambled it in his hand, his eyes glowed and the piece turned into ash.
He pulled off the chain off his body, like it was rubber and moved to the front seat of the car, opened the drawer and fortunately found a jotter and a pencil and quickly began to write.

"..... And the power dampers mysteriously fell off from our necks and we gained the power of flight " he said s he wrote it down.

The door of the SUV ripped off and Abiodun smashed the mutant that ripped it off on the face and made the paper turn into ash.

The power dampers around his neck fell off and began to bleep rapidly, like it was going to explode. Quickly he dived out of the car soared into the air.

The car exploded and while he was in the air, he saw another explosion distance away flew towards it. He landed softly and covered his face with his palm, as he walked through the ruins.

"Moji!! " he shouted and made his eyes glowed blue, granting a clearer vision in the dark.

"No, no! " he lamented, seeing Mojisola's lifeless body, almost burnt beyound recognition.

He knelt down towards her and screamed in agony. Went into a state of depression and lost his voice while crying.

Re: Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Scarlet watch on the huge screen, the damaged fight scene and heaved loudly.

"I told you all to keep an eye on Devilpen, send him into seizure once he had a pen in his hand, but a simple instruction you could not keep" she said and instantly the man standing right before her, turned into ashes.

Her eyes glowed bright red, as the person on her left began to also turn into ash.

"You knew how important this is to me, I'm trying to build a better world, but yet, you decide to jeopardize things" She said and watched as her victim screamed in agony.

"Tell Super Syringe to move into the final fave of Project E. M" she said and disappeared.

Abiodun carried Mojisola's body and staggered down the road. Human flame struggled to her feet and took a step backward.

"Take me to your boss" Abiodun said and looked at her.
Re: Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
Abiodun alighted the SUV which parked at the space in front of a boutique and tagged behind the Neceassary Good squad. They all walked into the boutique and walked straight into a section of the boutique, ignoring everyone in there.

The door of the room closed and everywhere turned red and engine revving took over, it then dawned on Abiodun they were in an elevator.

It descended down for about six minutes and finally rested. The doors came open and they were met by a man dressed in casual dress, a blue round neck and a black trouser, a black sneakers.

"Devilpen" the man said calmly and nodded his head signalling to the rest to leave.

"You finally came, I'm Raphael, better known as Legion, founder of the Necessary Good Association " He said with his arms behind him.

"I know who you, I have an Intel to give you, one to finally end Vulture Association for good"

"Follow me"

Abiodun laid on the top bed of the bunk and shot his eyes tight, tears dripping sown his eyes, he didn't know when he sniffed out loud and sighed.

"Hey, Devilpen" the boy on the lower bunk called and stood up from his bed, leaned on the metal bunk.

"Hey, War Lamb" Abiodun said and tried wiping off his tears.

"Why don't you just rewrite things, I mean you can just write whatever suits you" War Lamb said looking confused.

Abiodun sat himself up, his legs folded into each other.

"It doesn't work as you think, it risky rewriting something to being someone from the dead, if I don't know their last thoughts, and even at that, coming back from the dead, comes with a different reality " Abiodun replied and looked at Lamb hoping he got his message.

"Alright, just reverse to the past, like this present doesn't exist"

"The past isn't meant to be revisited, it is gone, it drains me when I do such, the last time I tried, I saw death in million forms"

War Lamb sighed and tapped his fingers on the metal frame of the bunk.

"I have no idea what you've been through, but whatever it is, you have to be strong mate, and do the right thing to honor her" War Lamb said and patted Abiodun's leg softly and laid back on his bed.

Legion walked into the room where Abiodun was and met him fast asleep, he sighed and looked at War Lamb who was lacing his shoes.

"How is he? " Legion asked and walked closer

"He's been through a for his age, never knew his parent, only remembered he was left in a cave, where he had to survive, his powers were what kept him alive " War Lamb said and stood up.

Legion smiled and made his entire arm glow, walked closer to Abiodun and touched his forehead with the middle finger of his right hand and gasped. He remained the position for about three minutes, with tears freely flowing from his eyes.

He left go and gasped for breathed, geelig exhausted, he quickly sat on the bed and inhaled deeply.

"His burden are more than him, he is in a state of Maximum depression, any heart broke and we are all doomed, wake him up" Legion said calmly.

Scarlet walked into a huge laboratory, filled with workers dresser in white laboratory coat, walking from end to end, at st middle of the huge laboratory stood a ten feet mother engine, which has visible control engine right at the middle of it.

"Scarlet, the PPD is ready, and all set, in matter of days, world power will bow to our rule" the lead researcher said with a broad smile on his face.

"When will it be fully ready? "

"It is, but we have to do more test run, by evening tomorrow, things should be finalized"

Scralef raised her head up, looking at the Permanent Power Dampers and smiled deeply.

"Super Syringe, by the time we are done, I'll restore to you tjs honor you truelg deserve" Scarlet said and turned around to take her leave.

Different images were pinned to a billboard in Legion's office. Abiodun seated on the black leather three sitter with two others paid attention to what Legion was saying.

"These three, we know what they are capable of, Super Syringe has an unbreakable record during his era, healing every sicknesses he came across, until Natasha found him, whatever she promised, but for sure we know there is something they are planning on and it isn't good for any of us" Legion said.

"These two here, Senator Mbaka, and Commissioner for Mutant Matters Affairs are solely behind these project sponsoring whatever it is" he said and looked at the if tey had any question to ask.

"Excuse me" War Lamb said and stood up "We've been tracking them and yet no lead, our spies are turned against us, when they see us is like we've never met, their abilities are all enhanced, going up against Vultures might lead to something we never bargained for" War Lamb said.

"Half of earth's population will suffer for it, especially mutants, reducing us to just 4% of earth population" the girl among them said and sighed.

"Seer, are you for real or this is just a mirage? " Legion asked with a little concern.

"She speaks the truth " Abiodun said and stood up, walked towards the white board and turned to look at them.

"We are all going to die " he said and disappeared.

Legion gave a long stare at Seer, demanding explanation

"He is in a point of no return, he will kill us all, even before Vultures do" Seer said.

"Legion, we have to do something about him, see I'm just 17 and not ready to die yet" War Lamb said in fright and walked out annoyingly.
"Its inevitable, trying to stop him will only make things worse, you know better than that" Seer said and turned into an eagle, stared at Legion and flew out from the window.

Abiodun tagged along Seer as they came out from a mall, clunching tight to blue bags each, they stood by the roadside flagging down available taxi.

Abiodun suddenly dropped to the floor and went into seizure, his body trembling vigorously.

Legion tapped a red button which was embedded on the body of the iron wall and next the metal door moved to he left, giving passage, while War Lamb and Seer followed behind.

"The revolution is about to begin" she said.

Abiodun was bounded in chains, his muscles doubled the normal size, ripped in stature, a devilish look on his face and alongside evil growls.

"The Brother guards saw him writing in thine air, a story to wipe the entire earth, but they were quick to make him unconscious " War Lamb said and sighed.

"Is this really our end? "

Legion walked closer to Abiodun and looked straight at the devilish eyes, made his hands glow and touched his forehead with the right middle finger. On making contact with Abiodun's forehead, a strong force sent him off and smashed him against the metal wall.

KPANNKKK!! Legion groaned in pain, while they tried to get him up.

"What happened? " Seer asked.

"We are doomed! " Seer replied and quickly walked out.

"Rally your squads, Vultures needs to be takes down as soon as possible, everyone met me at the converge room, NOW!! "
Re: Devilpen by Inkopere: 11:10am On Jul 09, 2020
What a fiction! I love it

1 Like

Re: Devilpen by KelvinCoaster(m): 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
...Wow! Senator Mbaka and Commisioner for mutant matters affairs! This got me laughing! Keep it up Devilpen! The sky can not be your limit.

1 Like

Re: Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
Legion made the glowing bow with him fade off and turned around to look at his personal crew, which he had hand picked form himself.

"What we fear is coming to hunt us, the bill was passed into law, which means in two days time, anything mutant will be out of existence"

"Then only Vulture society members will be immune, which spells doom" Seer said with fear in her voice.

"It means world power and we will not be so lucky to die an easy death, since we are the rivals" War Lamb replied.

"Seems this is on us, Devilpen is not an option" Legion said and sighed.

"His mind is being controlled, if I could just find the right voltage to jump him back into reality" a girl said and made thunderbolt spark out from her wrist.

"You say that like its a fifty fifty chance of possibility " legion replied and stared at Life wire for a moment.

"Its worth the try after all"

The cell door came open and Legion walked in first, summoned out his glowing bow and pulled the string, which made an arrow form on it and quickly the glow traced through his entire arm.

War lamb walked in next and stood opposite Legion, changed in his gladiator form and placed his shield before him and nodded at Legion.

"I'm set"

Life wire walked in and moved closer to Abiodun who looked to be fast asleep, he suddenly raised his head up and headbutt Life wire, looked at War Lamb and blew strong wind out from his mouth, quickly War Lamb raised his shield up, using it to block off the wind.

Legion pulled the arrow backward and released the string, the arrow hit Abiodun on the chest and instantly sent him unconscious

"Is he dead" Life wire asked laying weakly on the ground.

"No, neither is he hurt, its a simple arrow trick to make him fall asleep, come on get to work"

Legion sighed as he heard Abiodun screaming in agony in the cell. Seated on the table in his office, he sighed again and picked up his phone beside him and dialed a number then placed the phone on his ear.

"Scarlet, this isn't a fight you should involve innocent souls in, I offended you and no one else, if you had the guts, you'd come up straight at me " he said with a stern voice.

"You still don't get it, it is beyond your control now " the feminine voice on the other end said and hanged up.

The door opened and a metal looking boy walked, with a tablet on his left hand.

"Its too late, the launch has been approved by presidency, and it happens now" the boy said and passed Legion the tablet.

Legion watched with shock and stood up, looked out through the window and walked closer to it.

"Metal frame"

"Boss"

"Get everyone ready, we are all in this together, tell Hackton to send a non resilience message to every network, THIS IS WAR"

Legion alighted the jet, and behind him were War Lamb, Life Wire, Seer, and Devilpen.

"Do you think it's a good idea bringing him here? " War Lamb asked, whispering into Legion's ear.

"He is alright" Seer replied and turned her eyes white.

Legion looked up at the skyscraper before then and looked back at his team.

"This is the tallest part in the city, this is where the EM engine will be brought"

"And looks like we are here before schedule "

A sky scrapper fell completely to the ground, sending dust all around and huge bricks hurling all over

Heavy footsteps followed next behind them and almost immediately, they were surrounded by military forces. Heavy tanks rolled out from every corners, like they had expected them to be there.

"Necessary Good, Legion, this is a fair warning, you and your team shall not interrupt anything, the presidency considers you as an ally, stand down, this is for the good of everyone" a man said through the megaphone, taking cover behind an armoured tank.

Legion looked around and lowered his head.

"Devilpen only made things worst by rewriting the presidency " Life Wire said and looked at him.

"What, now you blame me for this?" Devilpen shouted annoyingly and fumed with anger.

"Silence" Legion said and continued "It was meant to happen, no one knew the presidency would be the backbone of Vultures " Legion said and raised up his hands.

"You all should slowly go on your knees and place your hands behind your back " the voice said, through the mega phone. "

While on their knees, a huge air craft hovered above them at the top of the sky scrapper and the lower shaft came open and slowly from it, dropped the EM machine, standing on it as it lowered was Scarlet, holding tight to the ropes that held the machine.

Two soldiers ran forward, with caution, holding tight to their guns and closer behind were three more soldiers.

The two at the front, flipped out handcuffs from their utility belt and approached.

"We can't let things like this happen " Legion said and made his bow form before him and an arrow. Quickly he rolled forward and shot the arrow to the ground creating a loud explosion.

"Shoot anything that moves!!! "

Legion quickly closed the portal which he made to inside the building and sighed heavily feeling relieved. An ice dart suddenly hit War Lamb on the shoulder, making him wince.

Hundred of mutants began to come out from every angle of the building, on each floor, Legion looked up and sighed at the long distance it was to get to the top.

"Legion, take the elevator, we will hold them" Devilpen said and made chain saw come out of his hands and revved the engines loudly.

The elevator exploded and a mutant dropped from a high floor and landed on the ground, making small crack beneath him.

"Seems we have to fight our way up, I have requested for back up "

Scarlet turned the mask transmitter towards the sun, making sure the ball tip was facing directly to the sun, she walked towards the EM machine and opened a lid, flipped up three red switches and a black one and stepped back a bit, with a wide grin on her face.

Scarlet bent down towards a black wide leave bag and zipped it open, brought out huge cables and dragged them towards the EM machine and slotted it into the connector, walked towards the last end and connected the cables also to the transmitter, she tapped some buttons and watched as the transmitter opened it copper plating and the ball at Tue tip began to glow red.

"Nothing is stopping me, this world is mine to rule, all powers shall be no more, except for mine, they shall all bow to my rule " Scarlet said and grinned evil.

1 Like

Re: Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2020
Devilpen 6

Legion crashed hard to the ground from the top floor of the building and groaned in pain. Fireballs rained all around, followed by loud screams of anger.

War Lamb, screamed as he smacked his right foot against the chest of a mutant and rammed him against the floor, made a shield ball around himself and dashed towards an approaching opponents, rammed himself against him, which sent him dropping from the upper floor of the building.

Legion ran up the stair ways again, pulled the strings of his bow and fired an arrow which appeared on it, right at bulky looking mutant.

Seer, walked steady up the stairs, moving both hands in the air which in turn threw off every opponent on her path. She clapped her hands together and made dark purple glowing balls form on them, this time strangling every opponent to death.

"Devilpen, I need wings" Legion shouted, as he put his bow around a serpent looking human's neck and pulled the string of the bow.

Devilpen threw his opponent off and grabbed another by the neck. His opponent grabbed his arms and instantly Devilpen's arm began to eat off, due to the acid that flowed out from his opponents arm.

"Arrrggghhhh!!! " Devilpen shouted and went down on his knees, while his opponent still held tight to his hands.

"I'll burn off those hands for good"

Electric zapped through the mutant that held Devilpen and immediately fried his body, turning him into complete ash.

"Thanks" Devilpen said as his hands began to heal rapidly.

"You're welcome, come-on " she said and helped him up.

"Hold tight Legion" Devilpen shouted as he leaped from one floor to another. He looked down at the floor where Legion was and signalled him to jump off the floor.

Legion made his bow fade off and leaped over, and like rocket he went up, bursting through the metal plates roof of the building and landed.

He stood up from the squat position and gasped at the huge machine that was standing before him.

"You are late " he heard Scarlet's voice behind him and turned around.

"Scarlet, this is madness"

"Hmm, madness that'll bring everyone to my feet, I'll finally become who I always wanted to be, a leader" she paused and looked down and shake her head.

"All these years you abandoned me, case I wasn't educated enough, I devoted my time to your dead career, and when things got better you kicked me out like I was nothing, I begin to wonder what if I had used those time to also focus on my life" she said and squinted her left eye.

"I wronged you, I know, but you shouldn't because of that end what the world has "

"No one is dying, I'm just getting rid of their powers and you will all witness a new reign of Vulture Alliance "

The ball on the tip of the most turned red and shot an endless laser into the sky and from the point where it hit the cloud began to turn dark.

Legion dashed towards the EM engine and got swiped of his feet, and fell off the sky scrapper.

"Weakling"

"Scarlet " Devilpen said wickedly as he elevated through the opening Legion had made, Seer and Life Wire on both sides.

"Devilpen" Scarlet said with a little fright and took steps towards the engine.

The cloud gave out a loud rumble and next everywhere went dark, followed by light rainfall.

"Step away from that engine" Seer said, allowing her voice to echo.

"Join me, and witness through leadership"

The core of the EM engine came open and a green glowing stone floated out in mid air and began moving towards the red laser, making contact with it, the stone slowly began turning into green gas and slowly dissolving.

"The stone must not completely dissolve, destroy it! " Seer shouted having read Scarlet mind.

Life Wire, channeled lighting from the sky through her body and sent it towards the EM engine, the force field around the engine sent back the lighting and struck Life Wire, sending her off the building.

"Noooooo!! " Seer shouted and dashed at Scarlet.

Legion grabbed Life Wire by the left arm, from where he hanged on to with his left hand, which was already getting weak. The iron rod he held to dropped a little from its frame due to the added weight on it.

"I have you" Legion muffled and shot his eyes tightly as rain dropped into them.

Seer screamed as Scarlet smashed her hard against the floor, raised her up through telepathy and smashed her again on the floor.

Devilpen picked himself up and made his hands glow, strechted it at Scarlet and shot fireball at her. The fireball sent Scarlet against the force field of the EM engine and sent her back again.

"I told you to rewrite things" Seer shouted as she stood up.

"And watch you die" Devilpen replied and helped her up.

"The stone is almost done"

"You can't stop what is coming, every one of you will bow to my rule"

"Shut up" Seer shouted and smacked Scarlet head against the ground.

Devilpen made a book appear in the air and a glowing pen on his other hand, he sighed and began writing on the book while Seer stood behind watching Scarlet closely.

Devilpen screamed and all he wrote faded, panting heavily as the rain bartered him.

"What wrong? " Seer asked and walked to him.

"He doesn't have the connection to do something this big, his connection is lost, Mojisola is dead, he is useless" Scarlet said and made her palms into fist and moved it aside, which in turn raised Seer in the air and threw her off.

Life Wire made electric bolt form out of her leg and slowly let go of Legion's hand as he tried stabilising herself, using the thunderbolt as propellers.

Scarlet limped forward and brought out a knife from her boot and raised it up as she got closer to Devilpen, she wasted no time in driving the knife at him.

Thunderbolt suddenly hit her, zapping almost all the life in her.

"Arrrggghhhh!! " Scarlet shouted and fell weak to the ground.

Life Wire held Devilpen's head on her lap and looked at him, with a broad smile.

"You have to let go of the past" she said and moved her head closer to his and kissed him.

Legion pulled himself up, laid km the ground and watched as Devilpen began to write to in the air with a glowing pen while he was engaged in a passionate kiss with Life Wire.

The Green stone finally turned into gas and dispersed into the air.

"Finally, we are done for " Seer said as she watched the last bit of gas fade off.

Devilpen's hands gradually began to glow and it spread rapidly through his body, and channeled it to Life Wire and both began to elevate into the sky, coupled with thunderbolts and cracked out of their bodies.

The dark clouds began to fade away, giving way to the bright ones.

"So that's it" Seer said and let out a loud laughter.

"Are we safe? " Legion shouted and ran up to her.

"Yes, I read his mind" Seer said and continued "Only those with good intents and pure mind will be able to use their powers, once you think of doing evil, it automatically leaves you, until you have a change of mind" She said and laughed loudly again.

"He is the best" Legion said and helped her to her feet.

"What do we do with her" Seer asked

"Nothing, Devilpen has her locked in an eternal cell already"

End.

1 Like

Re: Devilpen by JAOS(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2020
nice 1,you are really good with a pen

(1) (Reply)

Sex Love And Money part 2: The Adventures Of Bella Donna / Ijapa's Adventures: The Tug Of War / Isheri-ogun River Dries Up!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.