Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? (10543 Views)

4 Nigerians To Play For Sudan In African Cup Of Nations / Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) / The Nigerian Team List For African Cup Of Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by larger20(m): 2:57am On Jan 31, 2006
If u do know pls reply thanks
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by Eastcoast(f): 3:34am On Jan 31, 2006
i was also going to ask that question. maybe ESPN. i am only guessing. undecided
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by ZuluNation(m): 3:41am On Jan 31, 2006
larger_20:

If u do know please reply thanks

ESPN don't care about some AFRICAN soccer. The only Media outlet that might  telecast this sporting event would be DIRECT TV pay per view.
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by Eastcoast(f): 3:57am On Jan 31, 2006
@ zulunation yeah thatz why i said i am only guessing.
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by hotangel2(f): 3:59am On Jan 31, 2006
Those mexican channels show soccer. You should check em. They show soccers alot. I even saw nigeria playing one day on this mexican channel. too bad they were speaking spanish. cheesy
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by mochafella(m): 4:01am On Jan 31, 2006
Don't know the answer to your question either sad. I watch it online. www.telesud.com.
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by larger20(m): 4:36am On Jan 31, 2006
I get only one soccer channel and that is Fox Soccer Channel. They do show the matches in news but never in full.
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by Bruekeleen: 7:35am On Jan 31, 2006
Yes! mochefella is correct. I also watch it on www.telesud.com; and it's $29.99 for the whole 32 games.
Good thing about this is that, you could watch the highlights or re-run any time you feel like, in the comfort of your home.
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by Farriel(m): 11:28am On Jan 31, 2006
Ha, you've got wicked broadband connections I guess, but to stream live matches, how many MBPS mate?
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by pie1ect(m): 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2006
If you've got a PC with internet connection, you can watch pretty much any significant football match on earth (live) for free. Just download PPlive and visit asiaplate or project2046 for match listings. It's that easy. The quality of the picture is not always the best but it is "FREE". Not to mention, you can get the very latest movies on your PC (Free) without breaching any rules/laws.
BTW, the Nigeria-Senegal match is live on Shangai Sports (PPLive). cool
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by vichel(m): 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2006
I want to thank u guys for introducing Telesud, i never knew i would be able to watch live Nigerian matches. U GUYS ROCK, U GUYS RULE. Am sooooo happy grin grin cheesy cheesy wink smiley cheesy grin
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by larger20(m): 7:20pm On Jan 31, 2006
pie1ect:

If you've got a PC with internet connection, you can watch pretty much any significant football match on earth (live) for free. Just download PPlive and visit asiaplate or project2046 for match listings. It's that easy. The quality of the picture is not always the best but it is "FREE". Not to mention, you can get the very latest movies on your PC (Free) without breaching any rules/laws.
BTW, the Nigeria-Senegal match is live on Shangai Sports (PPLive). cool

WOWOWOWOOWOWOWO shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I cant wait to follow instructions
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by abuguy64(m): 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2006
Hi,tried for more than 2hrs with no success.All this Chinese xter gives me a headache.Any simpler versions or further advise?!I really am missing the Nations cup!
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by IAH(f): 8:37pm On Jan 31, 2006
Do you by any chance get to watch Eurosport in the US? They show all the matches LIVE.
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by mochafella(m): 8:39pm On Jan 31, 2006
Nope, at least not me. The US channels have an aversion to Eurosport
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by badman(m): 8:54pm On Jan 31, 2006
yeah eurosports uk shows all matches or dont u have it there
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by pie1ect(m): 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2006
abuguy64:

Hi,tried for more than 2hrs with no success.All this Chinese xter gives me a headache.Any simpler versions or further advise?!I really am missing the Nations cup!

Yeah, the chinese does get in the way. Quite annoying really. An alternative is to visit project2046 or asiaplate (live schedule) and click on the "Play" or "watch" link on there. It automatically starts the channel (on WMP or Real).
If you need more directions on how to use the thing, give me a shout.
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by abuguy64(m): 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2006
Hey Pielect!Thanks for the tip man.But I guess am jinxed or just plain unlucky.Anyhow,this is Pakistan,anything is (im)possible!Imagine,we have appealed to our cable guys to get Supersport 3 for us and they refuse-claiming govt restrictions. So far with your advise I can see lots of goals videos,but no Nations Cup! I will keep trying-afterall I bi naija man!Thanks sha,it is a good site!
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by pie1ect(m): 11:32pm On Feb 03, 2006
Here's a better way.

**Download the PPLive Program
**On match day, Click on this [url=http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pplive.com%2Fweb%2Fhtml%2Fnewversion_0.html&langpair=zh-CN%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools]Link[/url] to view the channel List (translated to Englsh)  and then click on the channel you want to watch. You'd find it easier that way. The Channel showing the Nations Cup matches is : SHANGAI SPORTS and it's listed on either page 2/3/4. (On the bottom of the page, you'll see the page numbers). All the Nations Cup matches are Live.
**Just Remember to turn off the volume unless you want to listen to the Chinese commentators.

CCTV5 shows Italian and Spanish League Matches (Live)

You can get Premier League Matches through ESPN (Asia) or some other channel.

And lots more football and movies (Hollywood movies not Chinese) . Just look around if you've got the time.
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by larger20(m): 12:53am On Feb 04, 2006
Why no English comentators?
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by larger20(m): 1:04am On Feb 04, 2006
Does anyone know the time it will be playing in the US? oh better, i will call my parents in nigeria now
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by kayodeolu: 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2008
If you've got a PC with internet connection, you can watch pretty much any significant football match on earth (live) for free. This is true!

Go to http://www.myp2p.eu and click on "Live Sports", select "Football" and then select "By competition". Click on
"Coupe D Afrique" which will have a Ghanaian flag next to it and you can see who's playing on which day. This way you will always know when are where the next fixture will be.
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by derint(m): 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2008
You can watch the Nations Cup on NTA plus in the USA.
All you need is a satellite dish and receiver.
Send an email to install@mytopoffer.com

Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by nnenneigbo(f): 1:50am On Jan 07, 2008
Eurosports usually shows it. channel 410 or 411
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by derint(m): 2:18am On Jan 07, 2008
Eurosport is not available in the USA
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by denodread: 7:13am On Jan 07, 2008
Guys, here is the deal for the Nations cup in the US without all that hustle and freebie crap.
The only way you can get it is thru a dish system, dish network to be precise, international package. Three stations will carry all the matches.
1. ART
2. Telesud
3. TV5 Canada. ( From knock-out stage)

Telesud will show the games on ppv online also.

In NYC you can watch all the matches at 590 Grandconcourse. For the past 8yrs guys have packed that joint during Nations Cup. It rocks.
Also there is a fantasy game at www.allsoccerafrica for the nations cup.

Watch out for Mali o!
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by derint(m): 12:10pm On Jan 07, 2008
Once you have the Nta it is going to be a permanent thing for you. You can watch all qualifiers all other sporting programs straight from Nigeria
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by mikou1984: 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2008
How can I watch the african cup on telesud, it does not show any link or box to make a payment to buy the tournamant broadcasting?
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by justin04(m): 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2008
3Atelesud will show it, u have to be a dishnetwork cutomer. I pay $14.99 to watch it, I will disconnect after tournament is over because it is a french station and dont have a clue what their other program is about.
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by kayodeolu: 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2008
These websites have the updated online broadcasts for the African Nations Cup:

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=178∂=sports&discipline=football
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?&competitionid=178∂=sports&discipline=football&balancer_light=balancer.www1&allowedDays=7
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?&competitionid=178∂=sports&discipline=football&balancer_light=balancer.www1&allowedDays=1
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by morebillio: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2008
denodread:

Guys, here is the deal for the Nations cup in the US without all that hustle and freebie crap.
The only way you can get it is through a dish system, dish network to be precise, international package. Three stations will carry all the matches.
1. ART
2. Telesud
3. TV5 Canada. ( From knock-out stage)

Telesud will show the games on ppv online also.

In NYC you can watch all the matches at 590 Grandconcourse. For the past 8yrs guys have packed that joint during Nations Cup. It rocks.
Also there is a fantasy game at www.allsoccerafrica for the nations cup.

Watch out for Mali

THANX MEN. I'LL CHECK EM OUT I GOT DISH NETWORK. I SEE TELSUD CARIES THE PACKAGE ON THEIR WEBSITE FOR $29.99. CHEERS
Re: What Station Is Showing African Cup Of Nations In The United States? by Niajaboy20: 6:52am On Feb 03, 2008
You can watch the African Nations Cup Nigeria- Ghana on www.ngmix.net

However it only works in Internet Explorer

(1) (Reply)

Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup / AFCON 2023: Nigeria's Road To The Final / Remembring Ernest Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.