Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria (12949 Views)

Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought / How To Start Profitable Okrika Business In Nigeria: All You Need To Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 12:24am On Jul 04, 2020
Hello folks,

Okrika is a very lucrative business and you can start it with very little capital (less than 100,000 naira). I will be sharing my experience with you and documenting it in this blog post

The business is easy to do and there are more than enough customers (more than 80% of Nigerians buy and use Okrika).
The market keeps growing because our population also keeps growing, buying brand new clothes is not an option for most people and the Okrika products come in various grades with some of them being very good.

I will be updating this thread with daily tips about making money from Okrika Business in Nigeria.

Full disclaimer: I have an ebook for sale that will teach you how to start and run a profitable Okrika Business in Nigeria.

Send me an email to: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com if you want to buy the ebook

NB: Please kindly note, I will not send emails to anyone if you drop them here as comments.

Here is a list of 10 questions out of more than 50 about Okrika Business in Nigeria contained in my ebook and I would be taking time to answer them but not as much as what I have in my ebook. Stay tuned to this thread.

What is Okrika Business?
Why do Nigerians love Okrika products?
How profitable is Okrika Business in Nigeria?
How can I find buyers and customers?
Who is Okrika Business suitable for?
How much money do I need to start?
Where are the top cities to sell Okrika in Nigeria?
What are the risk factors that affect Okrika Business?
What kinds of Products should I specialize in?
How do you fix prices for your products?

Caveat: I will not answer any questions not on the original list of questions nor would I reply any questions not related to Okrika business so if you are commenting out of point, I will ignore both your question and comment.

Other questions answered in this ebook;
Where and how can you find genuine wholesalers and suppliers to buy from?
What are the things that can drive more sales or make sales to drop?
How do you fix profit margin and your product prices?
How much and what else do you need to start this business?
Learn in details about the 8 big secrets that will help improve your profit
Learn the success factors about this business in details
What are the risk factors involved and how to handle them?
What are the most profitable grades of bale to buy and which ones to avoid
Where are the best markets in Nigeria to buy bales from?
Where and how can you find your customers?
How can you find good products that the customers want to buy?
How to convince your customers to buy more than they planned to buy
How to find good locations to sell your products?
How can you grow your business quickly?
How can you stand out from your competition?
How do you avoid debtors and selling on credit?
How to get discounts from wholesalers
How to avoid scammers and bad wholesalers
Plus more tips, tactics and information to avoid making costly mistakes

See you all tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Randal: 1:07am On Jul 04, 2020
Drop it here bro
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by okwele1(f): 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
interested
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
You can have a order for the book by sending an email: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com

I will start answering the questions, one by one from tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Ok folks. Here goes today's first Q and A session.

1) What is Okrika Business?

This business needs little to no introduction in Nigeria. Everybody who has lived in Nigeria long enough knows that brand new clothes are expensive even for someone earning over 100,000 naira per month. There are bills to pay and mouths to feed and buying brand new clothes cannot be the only problem worth solving. So the alternative Okrika/Akube/Gwanjo or thrift (if you want to make it sound tooshed up).

It is the business of buying (from wholesalers) and reselling it either to retailers or the final consumer depending on which side of the food chain you fall into. Basically, you buy second hand clothes that have been worn once or a couple of times - whether it is in bales or from your own selection of products from within a bale.

It depends on what scale you want to operate your business from and the kind of products you sell. The demand for Okrika is just like that of pure water. Have you ever observed truck loads of pure water leave a factory before and return empty?

It might interest you to know that grade AA Okrika products even though second hand are often times as good as new clothes but are much cheaper. The second interesting thing about Okrika is that a lot of boutiques that sell fashionable and trendy clothes, shoes, bags and even belts often buy what is informally called grade AAA+ or boutique standard products and sell them off at ridiculously high profits.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by alwayssparkling: 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
I'm with you
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
2. Why do the Nigerians love Okrika?

Before I answer this question let us imagine that there is no Okrika in Nigeria. What would be the alternative for Nigerians? Let me guess, we would be putting on brand new clothes from abroad that would cost the masses all their income to buy or maybe patronizing our local textile mills. Either way this is very unlikely.

I am sure by now you see how unrealistic it would a security guard earning 25,000 naira per month to walk into a boutique to buy a T-shirt for 5,000 naira! In today’s economy that is not possible.

The number of low income earners is so high that finding people who don’t buy Okrika products is very hard. Basically speaking, anyone earning less than 100,000 naira per month is a potential customer.

So Nigerians love Okrika because;
1. Okrika products are cheap, usually less than 20% of the price of new clothes. That means they can save cash for other pressing needs.
2. The grade AA Okrika products are durable. They can last long before fading which is just as good as buying brand new, plus value for money.
3. They usually come with unique designs. Unlike brand new clothes from Korea or China. Some of these clothes were originally made by world class designers, worn then discarded off by the previous owners.
4. Grade AA Okrika products are can look as good as brand new clothes when you wash and iron them well. Even a struggling person on minimum wage can still look sharp in cheap Okrika.

See you all tomorrow.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Ubongdemaga: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nigeriahomebiz:
2. Why do the Nigerians love Okrika?

Before I answer this question let us imagine that there is no Okrika in Nigeria. What would be the alternative for Nigerians? Let me guess, we would be putting on brand new clothes from abroad that would cost the masses all their income to buy or maybe patronizing our local textile mills. Either way this is very unlikely.

I am sure by now you see how unrealistic it would a security guard earning 25,000 naira per month to walk into a boutique to buy a T-shirt for 5,000 naira! In today’s economy that is not possible.

The number of low income earners is so high that finding people who don’t buy Okrika products is very hard. Basically speaking, anyone earning less than 100,000 naira per month is a potential customer.

So Nigerians love Okrika because;
1. Okrika products are cheap, usually less than 20% of the price of new clothes. That means they can save cash for other pressing needs.
2. The grade AA Okrika products are durable. They can last long before fading which is just as good as buying brand new, plus value for money.
3. They usually come with unique designs. Unlike brand new clothes from Korea or China. Some of these clothes were originally made by world class designers, worn then discarded off by the previous owners.
4. Grade AA Okrika products are can look as good as brand new clothes when you wash and iron them well. Even a struggling person on minimum wage can still look sharp in cheap Okrika.

See you all tomorrow.
please can u push all the answers to me @ ubongdemaga@yahoo.com? Thanks
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Ubongdemaga: 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nice work
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2020
3. How profitable is Okrika Business in Nigeria?

The Okrika business is very lucrative venture in Nigeria. Even though the business targets mostly low income earners, it also targets middle income earners, the profit margin is usually large (30 to 400% or even more) and the sales are quick.

There are products you will buy for 1,000 naira but package very well and resell for 5,000 naira. Although this would depend on the bargaining power of the buyer and how well you know how to package fashion items for sale.

Let me use myself as an example. I started Okrika Business with 40,000 naira in June 2019 and by November 2019 I had grown my capital to more than 470,000 naira without a shop and without me hawking it to customers.

There are 8 secrets to making Okrika business profitable (from my own experience) but I will only mention one here;

“If you find the right niche, buy the right product for them and put it in front of the right people, you will make quick sales and make good profit”.

See you all tomorrow. Apologies to those asking for the report. I will send it but not yet. I want to make some changes first before sending it but you can still send me an email request if you haven't.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
4. How can I find buyers and customers?

There are 6 ways to find customers in this business. I will explain only 1 of them.

Before going into this let me explain why finding customers and buyers for different products is difficult for many people. The reason is that they think their product is what the buyer really wants whereas something else is driving their need to buy your product.

It's like when you go to the park to board a bus to your destination, you are not at the park because of the bus but because you want to get to your destination. It is true that you might be mindful of the bus you enter but that is usually if you have many options. When you have run out of options the very rickety and unappealing bus you would normally look down on would become an attractive option if you are in a hurry and there is no other option available.

A good sales person understands this concept very well and will use it to his/her advantage.

Now to the method. Generally speaking you can attract buyers either online or offline but this example is offline.

I call this method, following the stream. What you do here is go to where your buyers are likely going to be found in large numbers. Let us assume you sell baby products who are the likely buyers? Nursing mothers, pregnant women, grannies, sisters of nursing mothers etc. Where can you find large number of these buyers? Hospitals, markets, women's meetings etc.

If you want to learn about the other 5 methods, you can order for my ebook which contains all the ideas or send an email to: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com to get the free report (which briefly explores some of the opportunities in Okrika business)

Update. I will no longer be sending out the report. If you want to know more, then buy the ebook (it is affordable).

See you all tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Ubongdemaga: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nigeriahomebiz:
How can I find buyers and customers?

There are 6 ways to find customers in this business. I will explain only 1 of them.

Before going into this let me explain why finding customers and buyers for different products is difficult for many people. The reason is that they think their product is what the buyer really wants whereas something else is driving their need to buy your product.

It's like when you go to the park to board a bus to your destination, you are not at the park because of the bus but because you want to get to your destination. It is true that you might be mindful of the bus you enter but that is usually if you have many options. When you have run out of options the very rickety and unappealing bus you would normally look down on would become an attractive option if you are in a hurry and there is no other option available.

A good sales person understands this concept very well and will use it to his/her advantage.

Now to the method. Generally speaking you can attract buyers either online or offline but this example is offline.

I call this method, following the stream. What you do here is go to where your buyers are likely going to be found in large numbers. Let us assume you sell baby products who are the likely buyers? Nursing mothers, pregnant women, grannies, sisters of nursing mothers etc. Where can you find large number of these buyers? Hospitals, markets, women's meetings etc.

If you want to learn about the other 5 methods, send an email to: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com to get the free report.

Update. I will send the report on Saturday.

See you all tomorrow.
bro send it 2 me na @ ubongdemaga@yahoo.com
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by dozzybreezy(m): 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Bro, I am interested.
Please kindly forward the answers to my email address
drdozzyb@gmail.com
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
Let me repeat myself again.

If you want me to send you an email do not drop it here as a comment.

Thank you all.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
Ubongdemaga:
bro send it 2 me na @ ubongdemaga@yahoo.com

I have seen your email. I want to make some adjustments to the report and will send it on saturday.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Ubongdemaga: 9:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nigeriahomebiz:

I have seen your email. I want to make some adjustments to the report and will send it on saturday.
its ok am hoping 2 see it
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
5. Who is Okrika Business suitable for?

Okrika business can be done profitably by anyone whether you have a job or not. Even if you already have an existing business, you can also do Okrika sales. Let me give you an example. There is a lady who has a job with a government agency. Before she joined the agency even while in UNIBEN she used to sell Okrika underwear and slippers to female students. She now has a website where she sells grade AA Okrika products - I don't want to mention the website name but if you do a little research you may discover who I am talking about.

In the same way you can setup a shoe store, an all female boutique or any other kind of setup and employ a sales girl to manage your business in the day time while you are at work, then return in the evening to man your business. An unemployed person can also do the same thing but run the business on his/her own (if he or so wishes).

See you all tomorrow.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by jayaim: 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2020
Kindly forward answers to petemoreh@gmail.com thanks
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by fennels007(m): 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
fennels007@gmail.com
Pls forward to my mail brother
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by fennels007(m): 10:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
fennels007@gmail.com.
Pls forward to my mail brother
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by TariEnoch(m): 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
Thanks for the help. Planning to go into Okrika Biz. Please forward to my gmail... Enochetari@gmail.com
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 12:16am On Jul 10, 2020
jayaim:

Send an email to: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com if you want the report.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 12:17am On Jul 10, 2020
TariEnoch:
Thanks for the help. Planning to go into Okrika Biz. Please forward to my gmail... Enochetari@gmail.com

send email to: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com if you want the report.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 12:18am On Jul 10, 2020
jayaim:

Send email to: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com if you want the report.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 8:55am On Jul 10, 2020
Apologies to all who requested the report.

I will send it tomorrow.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
How much money do I need to start?

This is not so difficult to answer. The amount of money you will need to start will depend on 3 factors. Sorry again I will be coy with answers. I will only mention one of the three factors here. That factor is the scale at which you want your business to operate.

Obviously if you have little capital and your products are cheap, you will start off small and vice versa.

So in a nutshell you can start with as little as 6,000 naira or you could even start with as much as 500,000 naira again it is a matter of scale.

NB: I will be reducing the number of questions to 10 instead of 20. Thanks for your understanding.

Good night and see you all tomorrow.
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Chigorkizz(m): 10:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
udehchigozie90@gmail.com
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by okwele1(f): 12:27am On Jul 12, 2020
pls send to ganismails@gmail.com
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2020
okwele1:
pls send to
ganismails@gmail.com

Send email to: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com
Re: How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2020
jayaim:

Sorry, like I said earlier send email to my email address.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Experience With Paylater.com / NNPC, Investors To Relocate Refinery From Turkey To Nigeria / LAWMA Shuts Sangotedo Market: Warns Markets Against Illegal Dumping Of Refuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.