Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society (2354 Views)

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness / Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? / Married Woman Disrupts Husband Secret Wedding, Brings Their Child To The Altar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by tobechi20(m): 1:25am On Jul 04, 2020
This question is specifically for those who do not like their current condition.

You know this society is not working. you are managing to exist. eating from hand to mouth. struggling to make a living.

you find a partner in similar or worse situation like you and for love or other selfish reason, choose to get married and bring a child into this world.

A child that would be forced to struggle like you.
To use him as cheap labor in your farm ?
As a secondary source of income e.g bride price,child hawking
As bragging right among your peers?
So you can flex your authority and power on him/her

Why? so that when you get old you will guilt trip them into taking care of you with words like
" after ,bringing you into this world
after all I have done for you.

you think because you brought him to this miserable world,he owes you his life.
what did you do for him? you starved him, no tertiary education, no comfortable bed.

AF if it is compulsory for one to own a child.
do we really care for the children? do we really want them to be a part of this cruel world?
Many parent less children are praying for caregivers in orphanage homes but we do not give a damn.we want one that come from our body so we have a since of ownership

you are not happy. your partner is not happy. the society is not happy. yet we bring girth a child to share in the unhappiness.
are we not. cruel to children?

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by ADRIC(m): 4:26am On Jul 04, 2020
To b honest.
I do think about dis too.

Dis life.................

10 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 04, 2020
Even as you were typing this, someone is impregnating someone right now grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by cocolacec(m): 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
True talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Righteousness89(m): 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
You have a valid point ! But atimes, a child born brings the blessing you have been searching for..

Just Like a Man/ woman one marries can change your life all of a sudden!

1 Like

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by VirginFinder: 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
You have a valid point ! But atimes, a child born brings the blessing you have been searching for..

Just Like a Mman/ woman one marries can change your life all of a sudden!
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
tobechi20:
This question is specifically for those who do not like their current condition.

You know this society is not working. you are managing to exist. eating from hand to mouth. struggling to make a living.

you find a partner in similar or worse situation like you and for love or other selfish reason, choose to get married and bring a child into this world.

A child that would be forced to struggle like you.
To use him as cheap labor in your farm ?
As a secondary source of income e.g bride price,child hawking
As bragging right among your peers?
So you can flex your authority and power on him/her

Why? so that when you get old you will guilt trip them into taking care of you with words like
" after ,bringing you into this world
after all I have done for you.

you think because you brought him to this miserable world,he owes you his life.
what did you do for him? you starved him, no tertiary education, no comfortable bed.

AF if it is compulsory for one to own a child.
do we really care for the children? do we really want them to be a part of this cruel world?
Many parent less children are praying for caregivers in orphanage homes but we do not give a damn.we want one that come from our body so we have a since of ownership

you are not happy. your partner is not happy. the society is not happy. yet we bring girth a child to share in the unhappiness.
are we not. cruel to children?

I agree with you op..

That's why we should strive to make life better for our children

1 Like

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
Carchoice:
Even as you were typing this, someone is impregnating someone right now grin

See

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by tobechi20(m): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

This is gamble. What if the child does not change your life overnight? he will be forces to suffer with d parent.

This is a terrible mindset worse than sport betting

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by tobechi20(m): 4:28am On Jul 06, 2020
Xavfra:

See
she plans to abort it, she is not bringing any child to the world
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:37am On Jul 06, 2020
Funny/bitter truths. Some bring in many kids, not even one or two. Atimes I wonder if government would be able to regulate birthing. Some of these children grow up to join crime because of poverty.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 06, 2020
tobechi20:

she plans to abort it, she is not bringing any child to the world

Ohkay...,....

Make she no kill herself
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Norano: 5:42am On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:

I thought you had sense before, you are obviously a dummy whose only life goal is to get a lot useless likes from frontpage.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by LadySarah: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2020
To reform Nigeria, religious sentiments will be overlooked
Anybody with more than 3 children will pay tax to the govt. Heavy tax. Excess children will be terned luxury goods.
Since you love having children then you should pay govt.
The whole thing is pissing me off.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Belafonte(m): 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
LadySarah:
Anybody with more than 3 children will pay tax to the govt. Heavy tax. Excess children will be terned luxury goods.

I think anybody with even one child should be taxed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Liposure: 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
The best thing in this kind of situation is birth kids you can managed. Raising a child can be stressful
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:

This is the type of reasoning that will make this trend continue. "my blessing lies inside my wife therefore I have to marry" , "children brings blessing and riches".

Don't worry marry o, born like 2 dozen kids with 30k salary and expect one supernatural blessing from somewhere because you added to the teeming population of the world.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
angry Lalasticlala mynd44 take this thing to the front page let some people stop bringing innocent kids into this world when they know they are poor.

This is the reason our own hushpuppi is likely to spend 20 years in prison. Because his poor father could not stay without knacking. Please it is not a crime if you do not have a child in this world. There are lots of parentless children in the world to care for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by jidobaba(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
My sentiments exactly.

3 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Vyolet(f): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
Children are Blessings, they are great companion, birth as many as you can cater for without having to beg to train them or send them to other relatives to help you care for them.

1 Like

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
Vyolet:
Children are Blessings, they are great companion, birth as many as you can cater for without having to beg to train them or send them to other relatives to help you care for them.

Another dysfunctional post spotted. So you should send your kids to relatives to cater for your responsibility. when you were copulating were they there?

Send them to relatives so they can be abused and turned to modern day slaves abi?. Let me sound it to you. Nobody can take care of your kids like the way you'll do even if they have much more money than you do.

4 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Vyolet(f): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

Another dysfunctional post spotted. So you should send your kids to relatives to cater for your responsibility. when you were copulating were they there?

Send them to relatives so they can be abused and turned to modern day slaves abi?. Let me sound it to you. Nobody can take care of your kids like the way you'll do even if they have much more money than you do.
Read properly, understand a post, take time to respond but NO you won't listen, check what you are spewing here now.

6 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Klass99(f): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2020

12 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
Vyolet:

Read properly, understand a post, take time to respond but NO you won't listen, check what you are spewing here now.
don't mind me
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
[quote author=tobechi20 post=
[/quote]All the reasons people procreate for are selfish, most humans are selfish inconsiderate stupid beings, and you will be wasting your time trying to convince them the harm they are doing their offsprings one way or the other by dragging them into this unjust meaningless world.
Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Haywhymido(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
u self u see am like this so, evenif you won birth many children u no see this Nigeria shey things no dey alrite for average Nigerians? Country with no enabling environment. Ultra fast failing country. spits on the damned country.

1 Like

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Raalsalghul: 1:17am On Jul 07, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s]You have a valid point ! But atimes, a child born brings the blessing you have been searching for..

Just Like a Man/ woman one marries can change your life all of a sudden![/s]
undecided

Nigerians and stupid sentiments.

5 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Raalsalghul: 1:19am On Jul 07, 2020
Vyolet:
Children are blessings? How exactly? undecided

3 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by missawele(f): 1:52am On Jul 07, 2020
Having children is not a problem. The real problem is having children you cannot cater for.

Bringing forth children that will later become nuisances in the society.

I have met different people with funny mentality about childbearing-

1. A woman that I know who already has 10 children was still talking about giving birth because she doesn't believe in family planning.

Note: She doesn't even have the resources to take care of the one's she has already I.

2. Another woman that sells la camera once told me that she doesn't mind having a set of twins because they are a blessing. This is someone that has 5 children already. And the painful thing is that her husband is only a sperm donor. Nothing more

3. There's another woman I used to know who used to give birth every year (I am not exaggerating). This woman was a cobbler and as of 2013, she had 8 children already. (I believe she would have given birth to at least 4 more kids by now)

It really breaks my heart when I see children from parents like these because it's like they are suffering for the sins of their parents.

I really hope our generation will do better.

Anyway, I am a digital marketing strategist and business coach. I help small business owners find clarity in their business & make sales online. If you are trying to start a business and don't know how to go about it, stuck in your business, want to make sales or just generally finding things difficult in your business, reach out to me. I can help

1 Like

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by tobechi20(m): 3:33am On Jul 07, 2020
Xavfra:

Ohkay...,....

Make she no kill herself

abortion is safe these days.
she is stupid sha for not insisting on condom..........too many abortion has health impact not neccesariky death

1 Like

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by tobechi20(m): 3:36am On Jul 07, 2020
LadySarah:

supported.
but.like u said, religion no go free us. Emir Sanusi was attacked for advicing his people on reducing child birth.
China had to reduce child birth before their economy grew rapidly

3 Likes

Re: PARENTS ARE SELFISH To Bring A Child To This Miserable Society by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 07, 2020
tobechi20:

abortion is safe these days.
she is stupid sha for not insisting on condom..........too many abortion has health impact not neccesariky death

That's true......

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Bid You Farewell….” By Late Mrs.omodolapo Yetunde Olotu-jagha(1971-2013) / Cussons Baby #capture The Moment Contest / Opinions Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.