Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 (14492 Views)

Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (2 - 1) On 1st January 2020 / Villareal Vs Barcelona - (1 - 4) On 5th July 2020 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Angelfrost(m): 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
Babysho:
No one understands Klopp. His choice of player's roles is quite ridiculous. First of all, stop playing Chamberlain in the centre. He has never proved himself worthy of that role. Chamberlain doesn't even know how to start up a play and lacks awareness. And his tackling is zero. Play this man as a sub for Mane on the wing.

Secondly, stop starting Origi. Origi isn't really a football player that's passionate about his career.

And I noticed Klopp's not telling Salah and Mane to drop deep to start up play. How the hell are they going open up spaces to create chances then?

This team is irritating to watch. Klopp makes all these choices that just make you cringe so hard.

Can't be all Klopp's fault tbh...

We all know what is missing in that team, has been missing for a while now! The very piece of magic currently making Solsjkaer look like a coaching genius: Creativity in the middle.

Not much to be done now... They should sort themselves out in the transfer window.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by skylord11(m): 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
bluefilm:
This liverpool team is not serious at all...

I dey tell you
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Babaj145(m): 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
Babysho:
No one understands Klopp. His choice of player's roles is quite ridiculous. First of all, stop playing Chamberlain in the centre. He has never proved himself worthy of that role. Chamberlain doesn't even know how to start up a play and lacks awareness. And his tackling is zero. Play this man as a sub for Mane on the wing.

Secondly, stop starting Origi. Origi isn't really a football player that's passionate about his career.

And I noticed Klopp's not telling Salah and Mane to drop deep to start up play. How the hell are they going open up spaces to create chances then?

This team is irritating to watch. Klopp makes all these choices that just make you cringe so hard.

Calm down bro..you guys have already won the league..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by skylord11(m): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
40 mins Liverpool 0-0 Aston Villa The delivery for the corner is a good one, right into the mixer. But despite a host of bodies, Alisson gets a fist in there to knock the ball away. Villa regather and come again for an attack that ends with a low angled effort from El Ghazi that the Reds keeper saves.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Angelfrost(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
Decimus:
There's nothing top notch about that midfield. It's all muscles and no creativity. Their play is from Full backs to wingers.

I made that comment at the early part of the game... After 20 minutes, it become all too clear.

They have to buy skillful and fast paced midfielders in the exact mold of KDB, Bruno, Pogba, Modric, Busquets, etc.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by TheMainMan: 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
Babaj145:

... for real... just tell them
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by skylord11(m): 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
Despite predominately playing through the middle today Divock Origi hasn't had a single touch in the Aston Villa box or in line with the goal so far. He's also had the joint fewest touches for Liverpool, alongside keeper Alisson. 43 mins

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Jack500: 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
Let Liverpool come and win the league next season, let's see.

Klopp and his boys has been found out.

GGMU jare.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by EmekaBlue(m): 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
Edopesin:

lmfao don't you know Liverpool has won the league?
this HT 0-0 dey pain me o...hoping on d 2nd half

but if u risk it under now...bfr u refresh scores u will see 3-0
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Angelfrost(m): 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
Babaj145:

So, they should lose the remaining games?!... Even the face of Klopp should clearly tell you how worrying this situation is.

These issues were already becoming visible when Atletico Madrid came calling, prior to the Watford fiasco.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by skylord11(m): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

So, they should lose the remaining games?!... Even the face of Klopp should clearly tell you how worrying this situation is.

These issues were already becoming visible when Atletico Madrid came calling, prior to the Watford fiasco.

U are right
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Inception100: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
Liverpool need to win ooo
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by skylord11(m): 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
I really hope Klopp is using these games to wor out what positions need improving. Origi is painf to watch, I like Ox but we need a 'de bruyne' who can split defenses apart so we don't rely on the wing backs every game. This talk about not need anyone is rubbish, there has to be competition in the squad. Adam, London Liverpool fan

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by skylord11(m): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
HALF-TIME Liverpool 0-0 Aston Villa Liverpool's first 45 minutes at home as champions has not been a showcase for what they've done to attain that status. Jurgen Klopp looks frustrated. Dean Smith will be pretty happy, though. His side have given him plenty.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chai my over2.5 don dey Liverpool do miracle ooh.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Babysho(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

Can't be all Klopp's fault tbh...

We all know what is missing in that team, has been missing for a while now! The very piece of magic currently making Solsjkaer look like a coaching genius: Creativity in the middle.

Not much to be done now... They should sort themselves out in the transfer window.

I understand what you're saying but there are some little blemishes in the tactics that makes the team look ridiculous. Start of the season he'd instruct Firmino to play false 9 and you'd see Firmino immediately drop deep, look forward trying to start up play whenever he received the ball. That was very key to our play. All of a sudden he stopped. Now, Firmino too dey pass back like Chamberlain. Someone has to take risky passes. I see Chamberlain trying but his awareness and passes are too poor. He doesn't even make firm tackles that can lead to attack. He can never play that role. I even thought that was why he got Minamino to fill Firmino's shoes. We've won numerous matches creatively without a creative midfielder but instructions is key.

What is Origi? What are his perks? His he a target man? Does he poach? Origi is the kind of player you call just so that your team is complete to play against another team.

It'll be a shame not to hit 100+ points while not playing for other cups.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Angelfrost(m): 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
skylord11:
I really hope Klopp is using these games to wor
out what positions need improving. Origi is painf
to watch, I like Ox but we need a 'de bruyne' who
can split defenses apart so we don't rely on the
wing backs every game. This talk about not need
anyone is rubbish, there has to be competition in
the squad.
Adam, London Liverpool fan

Origi is not in this game at all... Firmino should be brought in ASAP. No link up play, no firm tackles or steals!!!

Well, they better not start next season like this... It would be pure disaster!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Decimus: 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

I made that comment at the early part of the game... After 20 minutes, it become all too clear.

They have to buy skillful and fast paced midfielders in the exact mold of KDB, Bruno, Pogba, Modric, Busquets, etc.
That's why people believe that City still has the best squad in EPL despite Liverpool winning the league. Klopp needs to find a plan B, cos people are unforgiving. It's same people praising him now that will be calling him a brown teeth self-servicer later.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Yemike(m): 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
ov 2.5 undecided

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Babysho(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
Babaj145:

I'm not furious lol. It's just so cringy watching professionals play this way.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Angelfrost(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
Babysho:

I understand what you're saying but there are some little blemishes in the tactics that makes the team look ridiculous. Start of the season he'd instruct Firmino to play false 9 and you'd see Firmino immediately drop deep, look forward trying to start up play whenever he received the ball. That was very key to our play. All of a sudden he stopped. Now, Firmino too dey pass back like Chamberlain. Someone has to take risky passes. I see Chamberlain trying but his awareness and passes are too poor. He can never play that role. I even thought that was why he got Minamino to fill Firmino's shoes. We've won numerous matches creatively without a creative midfielder but instructions is key.

What is Origi? What are his perks? His he a target man? Does he poach? Origi is the kind of player you call just so that your team is complete to play against another team.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but vehemently disagree with the part about a creative midfielder.

As football advances, you can't keep winning games by huffing and whizzing via the wings, or genius counters. Teams will neutralize them.

A fluid and distributing midfield will keep your attacking players at ease and dangerous.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Babaj145(m): 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Babysho:

I'm not furious lol. It's just so cringy watching professionals play this way.

Lol..I understand..but I think the only thing missing in Liverpool's play is firmino..
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
Why Liverpool dey misbehave like this na?

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by MasterKG(m): 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
Liverpool 3-1 Aston villa
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by skylord11(m): 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
47 mins Liverpool 0-0 Aston Villa Oh, almost something. Alexander-Arnold whips in a cross that flies past Salah's outstretched boot, between a host of players in the box and just ahead of Sadio Mane.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Viking007(m): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
Babysho:

I understand what you're saying but there are some little blemishes in the tactics that makes the team look ridiculous. Start of the season he'd instruct Firmino to play false 9 and you'd see Firmino immediately drop deep, look forward trying to start up play whenever he received the ball. That was very key to our play. All of a sudden he stopped. Now, Firmino too dey pass back like Chamberlain. Someone has to take risky passes. I see Chamberlain trying but his awareness and passes are too poor. He doesn't even make firm tackles that can lead to attack. He can never play that role. I even thought that was why he got Minamino to fill Firmino's shoes. We've won numerous matches creatively without a creative midfielder but instructions is key.

It'll be a shame not to hit 100+ points while not playing for other cups.

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by skylord11(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
51 mins Liverpool 0-0 Aston Villa For a second it looks like Villa are in. Grealish collects the ball and lashes a shot that Alisson palms away. Before we can find out if a follow-up touch is coming, play is halted for a linesman flag for offside against Grealish.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by skylord11(m): 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
54 mins Liverpool 0-0 Aston Villa Is Jordan Henderson the man coming on? He has just been picked out by the cameras tying his boots up with purpose
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by osesx: 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Full time Correct score 0-0
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
cry. Liverpool please just win today , you can draw/lose the remaining matches.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by skylord11(m): 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
mperornero:
cry. Liverpool please just win today , you can draw/lose the remaining matches.

U play bet
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Angelfrost(m): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
Honestly, if not for Alisson and how poor Villa have been, it should have been game over for the hosts by now.

Sir. Klopp, head back to the drawing board!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Utd Accepts Real's £80m Bid For Ronaldo / Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 / Nairaland Champions League Fantasy Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.