Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,946 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:34 PM

Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 (14490 Views)

Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (2 - 1) On 1st January 2020 / Villareal Vs Barcelona - (1 - 4) On 5th July 2020 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by onegb(m): 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by dumininu01(m): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
Slimzjoe:
Curtis Jones would now deceive JK from Signing a midfielder for next season. My happiness is the fact Origi clearly showed he needs to move on
A creative midfielder is even needed... Klopp should better not joke with it
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Tamel(m): 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
Slimzjoe:

Mbappe grin

That would be a tall order grin. Liverpool shock me!
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by openmine(m): 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
Na wa ohh...even with a win against a motivated Aston villa side in desperate need for points,people are still complaining...smh angry angry

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by dumininu01(m): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2020
openmine:
Na wa ohh...even with a win against a motivated Aston villa side in desperate need for points,people are still complaining...smh angry angry
it's not about people complaining bro... The performance was bad...If we need to sustain a similar title-challenging form, Ox, Origi, Lallana should be replaced by quality midfielders and wingers. At least one of them needs to be someone close to the level of De Bruyne.
Fabinho, Hendo and someone of KDB's quality would be an ideal midfield for winning games comfortably with Klopp's style of football. Fail to do that, and we will see these kinds of nervy, closely fought performances that may swing either way.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Heybeedee(m): 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
yeye champions no babalawo go fit save ur ass from arsenal
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Babaj145(m): 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
Heybeedee:
yeye champions no babalawo go fit save ur ass from arsenal

Lol..funny guy..

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by earnit1: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Near
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Shivah: 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
Am beginning to wonder if the Liverpool Manchestercity match wasn't fixed?
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by helpfindbolu: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
openmine:
We have to complain o cus if we keep acknowledging this mediocrity, it could cost us when we don't expect.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by 21cents: 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
EbukaHades10:
We have to complain o cus if we keep acknowledging this mediocrity, it could cost us when we don't expect.
Honestly..

didn't even bother watching this match as I still cringe Everytime I recall the trash they played against City..

City were so clinical in their attacks and ours was just lacking momentum and creativity, same old shiit compared to the unpredictable attacks from City.

they way City bested us few days ago made me admire pep more. I hate to say this but Man City is strong and threatening lately and....

in fact, we need more creative players especially the midfield. this current squad looks worn out already after few seasons and Liverpool board no gree drop money. we need additional firepower that could replace salah. firminho is just not it these days.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by openmine(m): 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Maybe they seem mediocre to you but not to me...why were they not bashed when they were winning matches?
But just because LFC lost to mancity,everyone starts feeling this is the worse team that won the EPL!
why do we keep giving ammos to other fans to bash us?
Do we need new players? Ofcourse we do...as long as the player is available,young and affordable!
Besides,we have won the league hence,klopp is giving fringe players the opportunity to show wat they can offer the team....Didnt Jones score today?
Lets stop the bashing of this lovely team that has made us very proud and calling them names because they lost heavily to mancity!

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Tamel:

Lol so villa deserved to win with the brilliant football they played?? grin
Didn't say that, did I?
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
openmine:

Maybe they seem mediocre to you but not to me...why were they not bashed when they were winning matches?
But just because LFC lost to mancity,everyone starts feeling this is the worse team that won the EPL!
why do we keep giving ammos to other fans to bash us?
Do we need new players? Ofcourse we do...as long as the player is available,young and affordable!
Besides,we have won the league hence,klopp is giving fringe players the opportunity to show wat they can offer the team....Didnt Jones score today?
Lets stop the bashing of this lovely team that has made us very proud and calling them names because they lost heavily to mancity!

If u know me well on this platform, u know I'm one of the people that defend the boys even when they play rubbish but what I saw today was as if I was dreaming.

A win is a win, at least
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
Shivah:
Am beginning to wonder if the Liverpool Manchestercity match wasn't fixed?
It wasn't fixed. We were just not there
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by fergieboy: 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
21cents:
Honestly..

didn't even bother watching this match as I still cringe Everytime I recall the trash they played against City..

City were so clinical in their attacks and ours was just lacking momentum and creativity, same old shiit compared to the unpredictable attacks from City.

they way City bested us few days ago made me admire pep more. I hate to say this but Man City is strong and threatening lately and....

in fact, we need more creative players especially the midfield. this current squad looks worn out already after few seasons and Liverpool board no gree drop money. we need additional firepower that could replace salah. firminho is just not it these days.
Lol city that are currently loosing to sothampton

As for Liverpool

They have carried the league already

Nothing to fight for anymore

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
Tamel:

Klopp knows , trust the gaffer. I don't know if it's just me but Keita is disappointing me sad , asides the assist , I don't think he did anything notable. Chai I remember watching his YouTube vids then, I expect him to be bossing that midfield by now .
I don't make that mistake of watching YouTube videos of players bcus na mostly cut and join.

I'll rather watch ur work on the pitch
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by openmine(m): 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
dumininu01:
it's not about people complaining bro... The performance was bad...If we need to sustain a similar title-challenging form, Ox, Origi, Lallana should be replaced by quality midfielders and wingers. At least one of them needs to be someone close to the level of De Bruyne.
Fabinho, Hendo and someone of KDB's quality would be an ideal midfield for winning games comfortably with Klopp's style of football. Fail to do that, and we will see these kinds of nervy, closely fought performances that may swing either way.
Bro we have won the league with this same players you tend to compare with KDB!
See how you keep hyping other players from other clubs while other fans are indirectly envying our players but making it look like bashing!
This same players that you are mentioning have made Liverpool proud for over 2 years and we are now bashing them because of just one game that they did not turn up for?
We have won the league,hence we need to play these fringe players to know who will set up and who needs to look for another club!
This is why klopp is playing them!
I may agree with you on origi but not Ox!
Lalana is already leaving!
We do need players for sure but yabbing or bashing our players is like discussing your family problems in public!
Haba na wa for una ohh......

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by marvin906(m): 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
this team lacks creativity...
seriously...
i think we try bringing coutiho back

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by 21cents: 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
fergieboy:

Lol city that are currently loosing to sothampton

As for Liverpool

They have carried the league already

Nothing to fight for anymore

still not enough reason to lose by whooping 4-0.

City came.to prove a point- I'm not your mate in this soccer.

if for anything, Liverpool is expected to counter play them and display boss attitude in the game against their rival beneath them. and not get humiliated by 4 goals.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Tamel(m): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
EbukaHades10:
I don't make that mistake of watching YouTube videos of players bcus na mostly cut and join.

I'll rather watch ur work on the pitch

I know ,but the hype about him from klopp was insane . He was arguably the best midfielder in bundesliga the season we bought him. So I had no choice but to watch YouTube clips then and I was kinda wowed by them... But something is just off about the guy here, i still believe he will come good though.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by openmine(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
EbukaHades10:
If u know me well on this platform, u know I'm one of the people that defend the boys even when they play rubbish but what I saw today was as if I was dreaming.

A win is a win, at least
This is not the first time they are playing like this!
Like i said...Aston villa were motivated and has something at stake!
despite our performances,we still won!
So what can we say about a mancity team with KDB that is losing to southampton?
Abi is he not the best player in the prem according to some people?
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by openmine(m): 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
See the KDB that some liverpool fans are hyping and yet mancity is still losing to a lowly southampton...smh!
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
Most of these Liverpool fans complaining are new or rubber stamp.
They are fair weather fans.

This same Villa caused issues to the title charge during the first half of the season.

Liverpool has the code to win the league next season, the code is to beat the smaller teams home and away even if you are not playing well.

Every champion know how to scrap a win even when they are not playing well.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Slimzjoe(m): 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
Tamel:

That would be a tall order grin. Liverpool shock me!

I'm begging to be shocked too grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by NobleEngineer(m): 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
@bolded... including beating Arsenal home n away, beat United and city at Anfield...then the league is liver again.
kingkakaone:
Most of these Liverpool fans complaining are new or rubber stamp.
They are fair weather fans.

This same Villa caused issues to the title charge during the first half of the season.

Liverpool has the code to win the league next season, the code is to beat the smaller teams home and away even if you are not playing well.

Every champion know how to scrap a win even when they are not playing well.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
NobleEngineer:
@bolded... including beating Arsenal home n away, beat United and city at Anfield...then the league is liver again.
Most people don't understand what it takes to win the league.

Liverpool failed to win the league last season because they had some funny draws with smaller teams.

Just beat all the 13 smaller teams home and away and you have 26 wins which makes up to about 78points.
Fight and get your home wins with the 7 others and the league is yours because by then you will have about 33 wins.

Liverpool used to play well against bigger teams but bottled against smaller ones, I'd prefer this Liverpool over the past one who hardly defeats weaker opponents.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Utd Accepts Real's £80m Bid For Ronaldo / Manchester United Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 4th December 2013 / Nairaland Champions League Fantasy Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.