Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body (1404 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses's Governing Body Does Not Apologize For Their mistakes / Pastor Olakunle Beloved: Sex Before Marriage Is Not Sin (Video) / By Condemning "Despicable Apostates”, The Governing Body Condemned Themselves. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by rottennaija(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2020

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by rottennaija(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2020
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/05/26/in-new-book-a-prominent-jehovahs-witness-trashes-the-faiths-governing-body/

Dr. Rolf Furuli is a celebrity in parts of the Jehovah’s Witness world.

The religious group has abysmal rates of formally educated members — 63% of JW adults have “no more than a high school diploma” — and that’s partly because the organization says higher education is spiritually dangerous. But Furuli, who lives in Norway, has long been the guy they point to as a scholar who shares their beliefs. He’s a professor! He publishes papers and books!

Witnesses trot out his name like Creationist Ken Ham lauds Ph.D.s on his staff. It lends the group a sort of credibility they wouldn’t otherwise deserve.

Furuli isn’t just a casual JW believer, either. He defends the weird stuff. He supports the ban on blood transfusions. He believes Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE, rather than the historically accepted date of 587 BCE, which is a huge deal for JW believers. He even served as a “circuit overseer” and “district overseer” in the 1960s and 1970s, meaning he was a local leader of the faith.

He’s the real deal. He’s never left the religion. While he opposes their rejection of higher education, that’s not a matter of salvation, per se, so that has never really diminished his credibility.

That’s why it’s a big deal that he’s about to release a book titled My Beloved Religion — And The Governing Body (which isn’t available online but can be purchased by sending an email to awatu-publishers@sf-nett.no) in which he both defends the religion… and takes a lot of huge swipes at the leadership of the organization.

Pointing out the problems with JW leadership is like a Republican senator up for election in 2020 calling out Donald Trump — it’s practically an unforgivable sin. As one YouTuber put it, the one thing you cannot do as a Jehovah’s Witness is criticize its leadership. That YouTuber also asked Furuli if he was worried he would be disfellowshipped for what he wrote — meaning he could be ejected from the faith and cut off from any loved ones who still believe. He responded, “I know I will be disfellowshipped.”

In the book, among other things, he argues that the Governing Body of the Witnesses has way too much power. As he writes in the introduction:

Today, the eight men of the Governing Body functions as a government for JW with unlimited power. They have the power over the doctrines, the assets, and the money, and their words and decisions cannot be questioned. This is a situation that violates a number of Bible principles.

For example, the Witnesses have a long list of ways someone could be disfellowshipped, like committing adultery or child abuse. No controversy there. But then there’s this sin:
Causing divisions and promoting sects: This would be deliberate action disrupting the unity of the congregation or undermining the confidence of the brothers in Jehovah’s arrangement…

So if you’re undermining the religion, that could be grounds for getting kicked out. But Furuli says “Jehovah’s arrangement” is effectively determined by the Governing Body. So they and they alone get to decide if you’re a problem who needs to be eradicated. Instead of pointing to an objective violation of JW rules, the Governing Body can just say you’re sowing discord and that’s that. (Which is certainly a problem when you’re publishing criticism of the Governing Body!)

He writes in the book:

… The problem, however, is that the definitions of apostasy are selfserving because it is the GB [Governing Body] who defines what “Jehovah’s arrangement” is. And the definition is that the GB serves as a government for JW with unlimited power. Thus, any opposition to the GB is per definition apostasy because it “is undermining the confidence of the brothers in Jehovah’s arrangement.”

Furuli also says that, because there was no Governing Body in the first century, “the present governing Body has no biblical legacy and should be dissolved.” (No wonder this book is already the source of lots of gleeful discussions on ex-JW forums.)

(UPDATE: I had posted a passage here that I believed was from the book. It was not. I have deleted it.)

I asked Dr. Furuli last night what he hoped for as a result of his book. Besides his own fate, did he think the Governing Body was capable of changing itself? He told me he was not optimistic:

It is difficult for me to answer your questions because I do not know how the Governing Body will react and I cannot guess. According to the Bible, there are only two forms of apostasy, 1) denying that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh (2 John 7-10), and 2) having a corrupted faith and making a sect or a splinter group. (Titus 3:10, 11). I am not guilty of this, but I believe in all the doctrines taught by JW and defend these. To point out errors that have been done by the leaders is not apostasy, according to the Bible. So, if the Governing Body says that I am an apostate, they are making a human commandment that is not based on the Bible.

That doesn’t mean the book serves no purpose, though. If he can get people to question aspects of the faith, or even plant seeds that might eventually get them to leave for good, that would be remarkable.

2 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by KNOWMORE56: 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2021
"Today, the eight men of the Governing Body functions as a government for JW with unlimited power. They have the power over the doctrines, the assets, and the money, and their words and decisions cannot be questioned. This is a situation that violates a number of Bible principles."

Yet they are the same people accusing other religious bodies of the same thing...

their ordeals is still warming up...it has not started!

3 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by oteneaaron(m): 10:41pm On Dec 27, 2021
This would make a very interesting read.

My advice for JWs out there - I know it's hard, but try to keep an open mind and listen to all sides of the argument.

Imagine how blissful your life would become when you let go of any form of religion and indoctrination.

If only you would realize that all you have been searching for, has been INSIDE YOU from the very beginning.

Look inwards and you will find the answers you seek.

Stop giving your power to another man like you.

1 Like

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by Janosky: 11:50pm On Dec 27, 2021
rottennaija:
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/05/26/in-new-book-a-prominent-jehovahs-witness-trashes-the-faiths-governing-body/

Dr. Rolf Furuli is a celebrity in parts of the Jehovah’s Witness world.

The religious group has abysmal rates of formally educated members — 63% of JW adults have “no more than a high school diploma” — and that’s partly because the organization says higher education is spiritually dangerous. But Furuli, who lives in Norway, has long been the guy they point to as a scholar who shares their beliefs. He’s a professor! He publishes papers and books!

Witnesses trot out his name like Creationist Ken Ham lauds Ph.D.s on his staff. It lends the group a sort of credibility they wouldn’t otherwise deserve.

Why is this OP stupidly luminous ?
That his figure of 63% Diploma Educated is very spurious.
Jehovah's servants have no census of social status or educational qualifications.

Is Dr Furuli the only JW with a PH.D?
My JW brothers and sisters are well educated by any standard, you measure education.
More important than any paper qualifications,we are taught by the Father of Jesus Christ through the Bible, Hebrews 1:1-2.
rottennaija:

Furuli isn’t just a casual JW believer, either. He defends the weird stuff. He supports the ban on blood transfusions. He believes Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE, rather than the historically accepted date of 587 BCE, which is a huge deal for JW believers. He even served as a “circuit overseer” and “district overseer” in the 1960s and 1970s, meaning he was a local leader of the faith.

He’s the real deal. He’s never left the religion. While he opposes their rejection of higher education, that’s not a matter of salvation, per se, so that has never really diminished his credibility.

That’s why it’s a big deal that he’s about to release a book titled My Beloved Religion — And The Governing Body (which isn’t available online but can be purchased by sending an email to awatu-publishers@sf-nett.no) in which he both defends the religion… and takes a lot of huge swipes at the leadership of the organization.

Pointing out the problems with JW leadership is like a Republican senator up for election in 2020 calling out Donald Trump — it’s practically an unforgivable sin. As one YouTuber put it, the one thing you cannot do as a Jehovah’s Witness is criticize its leadership. That YouTuber also asked Furuli if he was worried he would be disfellowshipped for what he wrote — meaning he could be ejected from the faith and cut off from any loved ones who still believe. He responded, “I know I will be disfellowshipped.”
Hebrews 13:7,17 & Numbers 16:1-35, what happened to the murmurers?

Amos 3:3, can two or more Walk together except by agreement?
rottennaija:

In the book, among other things, he argues that the Governing Body of the Witnesses has way too much power. As he writes in the introduction:

Today, the eight men of the Governing Body functions as a government for JW with unlimited power. They have the power over the doctrines, the assets, and the money, and their words and decisions cannot be questioned. This is a situation that violates a number of Bible principles.
LIAR !
No Bible principle violated.
Acts 2:42 your Bible calls it "the teaching of the apostles"
E get why grin
The apostles "have the power over the doctrines, the assets, and the money, and their words and decisions cannot be questioned"
Acts 2:42-47. Acts 4:32-37. Acts6:1-7.
Acts 15:3-29.
Acts 11:1-18, the Bible principle: Ask your question and patiently listen for the Elders explanation.
Hebrews 13:7,17 with humble attitude and submission, NOT ridicule Jehovah's servants serving as Overseers.

rottennaija:

For example, the Witnesses have a long list of ways someone could be disfellowshipped, like committing adultery or child abuse. No controversy there. But then there’s this sin:
Causing divisions and promoting sects: This would be deliberate action disrupting the unity of the congregation or undermining the confidence of the brothers in Jehovah’s arrangement…

So if you’re undermining the religion, that could be grounds for getting kicked out.
Did David criticise King Saul?
Does the unity of Jesus and his Father & disciples @ John 17:21-22, mean anything to a WAILER?
Does 1 Corinthians 1:10 mean anything to you,sons of disobedience?

rottennaija:

But Furuli says “Jehovah’s arrangement” is effectively determined by the Governing Body. So they and they alone get to decide if you’re a problem who needs to be eradicated. Instead of pointing to an objective violation of JW rules, the Governing Body can just say you’re sowing discord and that’s that. (Which is certainly a problem when you’re publishing criticism of the Governing Body!)

Acts 2:42-47, just as the apostles determined Jehovah's arrangement"
Disobedience to Hebrews 13:7,17 is a serious sin.

rottennaija:

He writes in the book:

… The problem, however, is that the definitions of apostasy are selfserving because it is the GB [Governing Body] who defines what “Jehovah’s arrangement” is. And the definition is that the GB serves as a government for JW with unlimited power. Thus, any opposition to the GB is per definition apostasy because it “is undermining the confidence of the brothers in Jehovah’s arrangement.”
Sons of disobedience, is Hebrews 13:7,17 & Acts 2:42 missing in your Bible?

rottennaija:

Furuli also says that, because there was no Governing Body in the first century, “the present governing Body has no biblical legacy and should be dissolved.” (No wonder this book is already the source of lots of gleeful discussions on ex-JW forums.)
The OP & Rott WAILER LYING that there is no Acts 2:42 . Acts 6:2-6. Acts15:2-6,22-25,
1 Thess5:12 & Hebrews 13:7,17 in his Bible.
They FALSELY claimed Jehovah's servants had no Governing Body of Apostles & Elders leading them grin grin

([s]UPDATE: I had posted a passage here that I believed was from the book. It was not. I have deleted it.)[/s]
rottennaija:

I asked Dr. Furuli last night what he hoped for as a result of his book. Besides his own fate, did he think the Governing Body was capable of changing itself? He told me he was not optimistic:

It is difficult for me to answer your questions because I do not know how the Governing Body will react and I cannot guess. According to the Bible, there are only two forms of apostasy, 1) denying that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh (2 John 7-10), and 2) having a corrupted faith and making a sect or a splinter group. (Titus 3:10, 11). I am not guilty of this, but I believe in all the doctrines taught by JW and defend these. To point out errors that have been done by the leaders is not apostasy, according to the Bible. So, if the Governing Body says that I am an apostate, they are making a human commandment that is not based on the Bible.
Continue DECEIVING yourself.
Your Disobedience to Hebrews 13:7,17 ,Acts2:42 & 1 Thessalonians 5:12 &
1 Corinthians 1:10, you have splinted away from Jehovah's servants and from JEHOVAH'S worship.

rottennaija:

That doesn’t mean the book serves no purpose, though. If he can get people to question aspects of the faith, or even plant seeds that might eventually get them to leave for good, that would be remarkable.

1 Corinthians 1:10 & Hebrews 11:25 no dey Rott WAILER Bible.

2 Peter 2:22, says
"TUEH"!!!!!.
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:02am On Dec 28, 2021
oteneaaron:

This would make a very interesting read.
My advice for JWs out there - I know it's hard, but try to keep an open mind and listen to all sides of the argument. Imagine how blissful your life would become when you let go of any form of religion and indoctrination. If only you would realize that all you have been searching for, has been INSIDE YOU from the very beginning. Look inwards and you will find the answers you seek. Stop giving your power to another man like you.

I hate responding to apostates (ExJWs became sadists) but i noticed you don't know the real cause of these ExJWs problem so i want to help you out.

The one and only begotten Son God Himself presented to mankind is Jesus of Nazareth, God wants us to put on the personality this son of His exhibited (portrayed) when he (Jesus) walked the earth. Matthew 17:5 compare to Ephesians 4:22-24

The highlighted in your post caught my attention so i want to ask you a question:
apart from doing God's will, what else did God's word emphasize as that which makes Jesus BLISSFUL?
God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by oteneaaron(m): 6:03am On Dec 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I hate responding to apostates (ExJWs became sadists) but i noticed you don't know the real cause of these ExJWs problem so i want to help you out.

The one and only begotten Son God Himself presented to mankind is Jesus of Nazareth, God wants us to put on the personality this son of His exhibited (portrayed) when he (Jesus) walked the earth. Matthew 17:5 compare to Ephesians 4:22-24

The highlighted in your post caught my attention so i want to ask you a question:
apart from doing God's will, what else did God's word emphasize as that which makes Jesus BLISSFUL?

Hahahahaha.

So typical.

The art of jumping the gun, ignoring the message and attacking the messenger.

So so typical of you grin grin

Who are you calling an apostate?

Who are you calling a sadist?

If you can't read and understand, say nothing.

It's so funny seeing you talk about God sending Jesus to earth, when you are just an "other sheep" who is simply assisting Christ's "Anointed" Brothers (the GB)

I am sure you will still not get what I mean.

You quote scriptures and talk about Jesus, when in reality, the indoctrination sessions you participate in via Zoom every single week teaches that the sacrifice of Jesus doesn't apply to you - only the 144,000(GB and Co.)

After all, as a rank and file JW, your salvation depends not on the blood Jesus shed for ALL of mankind, but strictly on your loyalty to the GB/Organization - or this is a lie?

You have given your power away to men like you!

Like I have adviced you before, do yourself a favor and research the TRUE HISTORY of the JW Organization.

Go back memory lane and start from when Pastor CT Russell after studying the Egyptian Pyramid of Giza, had the inspiration to write the first four volumes of the "Finished Mystery".

The same Pastor CT Russell who was a verified 33rd Degree Mason, and has a pyramid towering over his grave.

Read with an open mind, learn to listen to all sides of an argument, and hopefully someday, you will free your mind from every form of religion and indoctrination.

Until then, Namaste.

3 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:22am On Dec 28, 2021
oteneaaron:

My advice for JWs out there - I know it's hard, but try to keep an open mind and listen to all sides of the argument.

Imagine how blissful your life would become when you let go of any form of religion and indoctrination.

The highlighted above really sounds kindly but what do you want me to make of the below when you just begin telling stories instead of answering my question:

"apart from doing God's will (which every religious person is claiming today), what is the second thing that makes Jesus BLISSFUL?"

oteneaaron:

Hahahahaha.
So typical.
It's so funny seeing you talk about God sending Jesus to earth, when you are just an "other sheep" who is simply assisting Christ's "Anointed" Brothers (the GB)
You quote scriptures and talk about Jesus, when in reality, the indoctrination sessions you participate in via Zoom every single week teaches that the sacrifice of Jesus doesn't apply to you - only the 144,000(GB and Co.)
After all, as a rank and file JW, your salvation depends not on the blood Jesus shed for ALL of mankind, but strictly on your loyalty to the GB/Organization - or this is a lie?
Like I have adviced you before, do yourself a favor and research the TRUE HISTORY of the JW Organization.
Go back memory lane and start from when Pastor CT Russell after studying the Egyptian Pyramid of Giza, had the inspiration to write the first four volumes of the "Finished Mystery".
The same Pastor CT Russell who was a verified 33rd Degree Mason, and has a pyramid towering over his grave.
Read with an open mind, learn to listen to all sides of an argument, and hopefully someday, you will free your mind from every form of religion and indoctrination.
Until then, Namaste.

Please if it's my description of ExJWs that irritated you i sincerely tender an apology.
So can we leave that aside and answer the question now?

"apart from doing God's will (which every religious person is claiming today), what is the second thing that makes Jesus BLISSFUL?"

Thanks in advance! smiley
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by oteneaaron(m): 6:40am On Dec 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted above really sounds kindly but what do you want me to make of the below when you just begin telling stories instead of answering my question:

Please if it's my description of ExJWs that irritated you i sincerely tender an apology.
So can we leave that aside and answer the question now?

Thanks in advance! smiley

The second thing that makes Jesus blissful?

Can you kindly reframe your question?

I don't get what you're asking.

Gracias!
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2021
oteneaaron:

The second thing that makes Jesus blissful?
Can you kindly reframe your question?
I don't get what you're asking.
Gracias!
You raised a suggestion on how JWs can become BLISSFUL.

The Bible God is a "happy God" {1Timothy 1:11} therefore Jesus who is God's only begotten Son must be really happy (BLISSFUL)
The first thing that makes Jesus always BLISSFUL is doing the will of God {John 4:34} so what is the second thing that makes Jesus equally BLISSFUL? smiley
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by oteneaaron(m): 10:25am On Dec 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You raised a suggestion on how JWs can become BLISSFUL.

The Bible God is a "happy God" {1Timothy 1:11} therefore Jesus who is God's only begotten Son must be really happy (BLISSFUL)
The first thing that makes Jesus always BLISSFUL is doing the will of God {John 4:34} so what is the second thing that makes Jesus equally BLISSFUL? smiley

I said what I said.

Until you let go of any form of religion and indoctrination, nothing I say will ever make any sense to you.

2 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2021
oteneaaron:

I said what I said.
Until you let go of any form of religion and indoctrination, nothing I say will ever make any sense to you.
Yeah, until everyone believe that humans created God! cheesy

Well let me answer the question for the benefit of other followers.

There are two things that makes Jehovah and Jesus happy all the time.
The first is doing what they ought to do and the second which billions are missing is having a multitude from different races and classes cohabiting as brothers and sisters! Psalms 133:1; Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3; Zephaniah 3:9
That's why Jesus prayed fervently to his father to help all his disciples with the Holy Spirit so that they will all have the same line of thought with Jehovah and Jesus! John 17:20-23
That's why Jesus happily and joyously presented his disciples who have the same line of thought with him as his brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, sons and daughters! Matthew 12:46-50

That's the only thing that can make any normal human happy because we were created in the image of God who also cherished UNITY. Genesis 1:26

That is the reason why all those who left Jehovah's Witnesses organization are feeling bitter inside because there's nowhere they can find what brings happiness to the heart of God and His only begotten Son except in the gathering of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I was a Muslim before i converted to JW when i left Islam it was as if i never practiced it before, WHY? Because no normal human dwells on the thoughts of lacking after you've found abundance {Luke 6:45} but people always remember when they had more than enough when they are hungry.

That's why you and your friends can't think of any better performing group so you keep dwelling in the past: when they are still in the gathering of the people worshiping the happy God.

Farewell! smiley
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by achorladey: 10:54am On Dec 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

He wants to start giving injections that are not requested here.

Oga MaxInDHouse what are you doing on a POISONOUS THREAD and feeding from people carrying death dealing poisons and merrying with them as they eat on DUMPSITES? grin grin grin

He loves doing what he HATES grin grin grin. You simply can't do without these poisons and feeding on a dumpsite. grin grin grin Awon thirsty quencher knows the real cause of exjws problems. grin grin
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by achorladey: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2021
oteneaaron:

Hahahahaha.

So typical.

Until then, Namaste.

They hardly follow some of the things they put out there grin grin grin

Here is one tactics MaxInDHouse and his brother up there love to do on daily basis when their beliefs comes under scrutiny

1 Like

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2021
achorladey:

He wants to start giving injections that are not requested here.
Oga MaxInDHouse what are you doing on a POISONOUS THREAD and feeding from people carrying death dealing poisons and merrying with them as they eat on DUMPSITES? grin grin grin
He loves doing what he HATES grin grin grin. You simply can't do without these poisons and feeding on a dumpsite. grin grin grin Awon thirsty quencher knows the real cause of exjws problems. grin grin

oteneaaron:
In this little write-up, these terms would have their meaning in Context as follows:
GOD-- Signifies the "supreme being" from any religion ( Yahweh, Allah, Buhdda, Sango, Krishna, Oduduwa, Owoicho........etc)
MAN-- Signifies You and I ; all humans existing and non-existing(HUMANITY as a whole)
RELIGION-- signifies all of the worlds religion (after-all they are all products of the same factory)
WHO CREATED GOD??
Its no wonder that when you ask he above question to any religious minded person and you're gonna get differing answers.
Ask any creationist : "What is the proof that Man was created ? " , "how do we know that life and all there is had a designer?"
And we receive this reply that -- Man and all there is are intelligent creatures ; the human brain, the universe in general attest to the fact that everything was created by a Supreme Being...
*Please note the argument - an intelligent creation must have an intelligent designer-
So here is the correlation, If you seriously believe that "nothing came from nothing" and there has to be an explanation for our "intelligence",
then GOD must have been created too!!!
WHY?
"GOD" exists and he is very ( if not too Intelligent---common, he's GOD!!).....so what is the explanation for his Intelligence??
If the world as we know it attests to fact of the existence of a creator, then that creator must have been created because HE(GOD) bears the same (proof of an Intelligent creator) Qualities.
Now who created GOD??
Sadly, the answer has been right in Front of Us all this time........
WE created GOD!! You and I , MAN.....
When we were perplexed as to how the universe was sparse and awe-inspiring, we had to give credit to -someone- so we invented GOD
When were Scared because we felt or experience disappointment, death, sickness..etc, we needed Solace and we created GOD to blame and to beg for assistance
When we felt the need to Control our fellow MAN, we created GOD and religion to keep humans in check , after-all they must all answer to our creation -GOD-
GET IT RIGHT...
We created GOD

Now, our creation of GOD may have been a necessary evil, and MAN is growing up....the time has come for us to let go of Childish things!!

Matthew 12:43-45 undecided
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by achorladey: 11:13am On Dec 28, 2021
@ Oteneaaron this is for you to your first reply to Mr MaxInDHouse regarding attacking people when their beliefs are scrutinized grin grin

Reality tells me If you should you take your time to read the numerous posts of MaxInDHouse and his other brother here known for NO GET SENSE PEDDLING on this platform these are the most frequent words they use....

1. Stupid

2. Crazy

3. Uninformed

4. Demon

5. Mad

All these words ehn, dem don use multiple times over for me and for many who don't dance to their tune. grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by achorladey: 11:23am On Dec 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Matthew 12:43-45 undecided

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

MaxInDHouse in the house aka Jesus himself grin grin grin.

Na to just dey cite Bible up and down to suit and console your IDEOLOGY grin grin had you read that scripture in context you will see it is not talking about MY GENERATION perhaps your GENERATION grin grin na you cite the scripture not me and na you dey play the role of Jesus to decide who has an impure spirit or who belongs to a wicked GENERATION. Awon lawlessness people alerter and detector. grin grin

What are you doing on this thread? You never answer. It is obvious the poisons taste good and the feeding on dumpsite is an experience you simply cannot let go.

Should I apply that scripture to fit your personality now, the next thing is to tell the whole world that the scripture indeed proves that you are TRUE FOLLOWERS of CHRIST grin grin

MaxInDHouse what are you doing on this thread?

1 Like

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by achorladey: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2021
KNOWMORE56:
"Today, the eight men of the Governing Body functions as a government for JW with unlimited power. They have the power over the doctrines, the assets, and the money, and their words and decisions cannot be questioned. This is a situation that violates a number of Bible principles."

Yet they are the same people accusing other religious bodies of the same thing...

Abi oooo all na HUMAN GOVERNMENT and we know according to the teachings of that religious group all human government are bad and they suffer their SUBJECTS in one form or the other.

When the man was defending them they merry and revel and when he decides to scrutinize them he belongs straight to SONS OF DISOBEDIENCE grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by KNOWMORE56: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2021
achorladey:

Abi oooo all na HUMAN GOVERNMENT and we know according to the teachings of that religious group all human government are bad and they suffer their SUBJECTS in one form or the other.

When the man was defending them they merry and revel and when he decides to scrutinize them he belongs straight to SONS OF DISOBEDIENCE grin grin grin

The man has become an "apostate" to them... cheesy grin
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by KNOWMORE56: 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
achorladey:

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

MaxInDHouse in the house aka Jesus himself grin grin grin.

Na to just dey cite Bible up and down to suit and console your IDEOLOGY grin grin had you read that scripture in context you will see it is not talking about MY GENERATION perhaps your GENERATION grin grin na you cite the scripture not me and na you dey play the role of Jesus to decide who has an impure spirit or who belongs to a wicked GENERATION. Awon lawlessness people alerter and detector. grin grin

What are you doing on this thread? You never answer. It is obvious the poisons taste good and the feeding on dumpsite is an experience you simply cannot let go.

Should I apply that scripture to fit your personality now, the next thing is to tell the whole world that the scripture indeed proves that you are TRUE FOLLOWERS of CHRIST grin grin

MaxInDHouse what are you doing on this thread?

"...Na to just dey cite Bible up and down ..."

weather the quotation correspond or max must cite it ... cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

The man has become an "apostate" to them... cheesy grin

You don't KNOW, why not bear your username for real? smiley

Below is a post from the man in question, read for yourself and answer if he's still useful for Jesus to anyone, any group or anywhere he may go! John 6:66-68

oteneaaron:
In this little write-up, these terms would have their meaning in Context as follows:
GOD-- Signifies the "supreme being" from any religion ( Yahweh, Allah, Buhdda, Sango, Krishna, Oduduwa, Owoicho........etc)
MAN-- Signifies You and I ; all humans existing and non-existing(HUMANITY as a whole)
RELIGION-- signifies all of the worlds religion (after-all they are all products of the same factory)
WHO CREATED GOD??
Its no wonder that when you ask he above question to any religious minded person and you're gonna get differing answers.
Ask any creationist : "What is the proof that Man was created ? " , "how do we know that life and all there is had a designer?"
And we receive this reply that -- Man and all there is are intelligent creatures ; the human brain, the universe in general attest to the fact that everything was created by a Supreme Being...
*Please note the argument - an intelligent creation must have an intelligent designer-
So here is the correlation, If you seriously believe that "nothing came from nothing" and there has to be an explanation for our "intelligence",
then GOD must have been created too!!!
WHY?
"GOD" exists and he is very ( if not too Intelligent---common, he's GOD!!).....so what is the explanation for his Intelligence??
If the world as we know it attests to fact of the existence of a creator, then that creator must have been created because HE(GOD) bears the same (proof of an Intelligent creator) Qualities.
Now who created GOD??
Sadly, the answer has been right in Front of Us all this time........
WE created GOD!! You and I , MAN.....
When we were perplexed as to how the universe was sparse and awe-inspiring, we had to give credit to -someone- so we invented GOD
When were Scared because we felt or experience disappointment, death, sickness..etc, we needed Solace and we created GOD to blame and to beg for assistance
When we felt the need to Control our fellow MAN, we created GOD and religion to keep humans in check , after-all they must all answer to our creation -GOD-
GET IT RIGHT...
We created GOD

Now, our creation of GOD may have been a necessary evil, and MAN is growing up....the time has come for us to let go of Childish things!!
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by achorladey: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

"...Na to just dey cite Bible up and down ..."

weather the quotation correspond or max must cite it ... cheesy grin cheesy

Na im mode of operation be that.
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by achorladey: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Below is a post from the man in question, read for yourself and answer if he's still useful for Jesus to anyone, any group or anywhere he may go! John 6:66-68

Time to save face don arrive. You had to import post from another thread to save your face. Still Matthew 12:43-45 no dey talk about im generation grin grin

What are you still doing on this thread after farewells? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by Emusan(m): 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Yet you'll hear JWs saying something like "human government has failed..."

I'll be like, those 8 lying men are they not also HUMAN GOVERNMENT?

4 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by Emusan(m): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
achorladey:

@color - that is the hypocrisy I do talk about.

Those 8 lying men aren't human anyway but angels that's why they're not part of human government

3 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by oteneaaron(m): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

If you want to kill a dog, give it a bad name.

You had to go dig up what I posted 5 years ago!

I have been on this journey of self discovery for sometime now, and I must admit that at some point down the rabbit hole, my excitement got a hold of me.

But what I know and understand today, is very much different from 5 years ago.

So the joke is you man.

And who are you to say if a man is useful to Jesus, to anyone or any group at all?

Oh I forgot - you believe that myself and many other people like me will be utterly destroyed in the war of Amageddon right?

The Joke is on you.

2 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by Emusan(m): 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Why do you want him to use his username?

@color - The man in question according to knowmore56 is Dr. Rolf Furuli, are you saying Dr. Furuli is a Nairalander

2 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by oteneaaron(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2021
achorladey:
@ Oteneaaron this is for you to your first reply to Mr MaxInDHouse regarding attacking people when their beliefs are scrutinized grin grin

Reality tells me If you should you take your time to read the numerous posts of MaxInDHouse and his other brother here known for NO GET SENSE PEDDLING on this platform these are the most frequent words they use....

1. Stupid

2. Crazy

3. Uninformed

4. Demon

5. Mad

All these words ehn, dem don use multiple times over for me and for many who don't dance to their tune. grin grin

Hahahaha

I am used to this.

You can't blame him.

I was once like him too - got baptized into the organization at age 12.

There was a time when I was quick to attack others, call them names and refute every objections they had about my beliefs - without understanding why.

But I am blessed with a very curious mind, and this led me down the path of researching the true history of my religion.

And what I found out shocked the living hell out of me.

The rest they say is history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by oteneaaron(m): 1:47pm On Dec 28, 2021
Emusan:

@color - The man in question according to knowmore56 is Dr. Rolf Furuli, are you saying Dr. Furuli is a Nairalander

He was actually referring to me.

He dug up some posts I made from 5 years ago and was trying to use it to emotionally blackmail me.

But the joke is on him.
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
Chai!
My God will continue to bless Jehovah's Witnesses for me!
See someone who publicly debunked the existence of God yet come and see people covering up for an atheist!

Jehovah's Witnesses, thank you! smiley
Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by KNOWMORE56: 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
Emusan:

Yet you'll hear JWs saying something like "human government has failed..."

I'll be like, those 8 lying men are they not also HUMAN GOVERNMENT?

Real human government having autocratic governance

4 Likes

Re: My Beloved Religion And The Governing Body by KNOWMORE56: 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
Emusan:

Thank you dear. I know you know that max know that I'm referring to the author of "my beloved religion"

But as JW he is, he'll look for means of causing confusion... cheesy grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Is Jesus Coming Back? / Wat Does D Bible Say Bout Women Who Wear Trousers / Would Satan Be Forgiven If................?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.