Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Strictly For Mums - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Strictly For Mums (1543 Views)

Nigerian School Lunch Box Tips For Mums / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! / For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strictly For Mums by nonnyp(f): 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2011
How do i plan my time so as 2 meet up with my motherly responsibilities . Am a teacher in a private owned sch,i always get 2 d sch late n sometimes my hubby leave 4 work on an empty stomach. Pls i need practical measures t0 improve on my housekeeping and time managements
Re: Strictly For Mums by Outstrip(f): 12:07am On Feb 02, 2011
How old are your kids? Do you plan everything the night before? Does your husband help out with the morning rush? Do you have relatives nearby? There are different issues with every situation that's why I am asking so many questions
Re: Strictly For Mums by mutter(f): 12:17am On Feb 02, 2011
Get everything ready at night, at least as much as possible.
Wake up earlier.
Get your kids and husband to do more for themselves.
Not to worry, most moms feel this way
Re: Strictly For Mums by ifyalways(f): 9:37am On Feb 02, 2011
How old are your kids?
Assuming your kids are already in school;
1.Get the pants,socks,shoes,uniforms ready and neatly arranged in the night and separated for each child.Get whatever u wud wear the next day ready.
2.If your B/F is anything that has to do with stew or soup,prepare the soup/stew at night.
3.Wake early,5am is practical.Turn on the water heater,start cleaning the house.20 mins maximum.
4.5;20,wake the kids,starting from the eldest(don't wake them all at the same time),bathe him/her dry him/her,lotion the body and point his/her stuffs for him.At this stage they shld put on only socks,pants,inner wear and shoe.While he is at it,wake the next child . . .maximum time for bathing and dressing 40 mins.check on your food too.
If u've got a good husband he shld help with step 4 but still u can do it alone.
5.6am.[/b]You are the kitchen dishing out b/f and lunch packs.Husband handles the dinning table while u bath.
6.[b]6:30[/b]You are ready,have your family devotion.
7.[b]6;45
Have your b/f while kids put on their school uniform,husband helps/supervises.
8.7am u all are stepping out.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Mums by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 02, 2011
ifyalways:

How old are your kids?
Assuming your kids are already in school;
1.Get the pants,socks,shoes,uniforms ready and neatly arranged in the night and separated for each child.Get whatever u wud wear the next day ready.
2.If your B/F is anything that has to do with stew or soup,prepare the soup/stew at night.
3.Wake early,5am is practical.Turn on the water heater,start cleaning the house.20 mins maximum.
4.5;20,wake the kids,starting from the eldest(don't wake them all at the same time),bathe him/her dry him/her,lotion the body and point his/her stuffs for him.At this stage they shld put on only socks,pants,inner wear and shoe.While he is at it,wake the next child . . .maximum time for bathing and dressing 40 mins.check on your food too.
If u've got a good husband he shld help with step 4 but still u can do it alone.
5.6am.[/b]You are the kitchen dishing out b/f and lunch packs.Husband handles the dinning table while u bath.
6.[b]6:30[/b]You are ready,have your family devotion.
7.[b]6;45
Have your b/f while kids put on their school uniform,husband helps/supervises.
8.7am u all are stepping out.

Chei you should have married my brother oooo sad sad sad
Re: Strictly For Mums by silvasurfa(m): 9:18pm On Feb 02, 2011
My dear you are not the only one,most mothers are in the same shoe.Like y/day was so tiring for me that i only remembered this morning that my daugher's school assignment had not been done.We were running late so i quickly took the crayon,coloured the pictures in the best baby-like way i could muster and put it back in her bag ;
I've just finished making fried rice for breakfast tomorrow.
Also about to arrange their uniforms before i go to bed.Try to do as much as you can b4 you go to bed.
If your kids are old enough then involve them as much as you can.
I also try to give them more of cereals like golden morn,cornflakes,oka-baba or bread tea and eggs for breakfast as these ones dont take much time to make.
As per stews and soups,i cook enough during the weekend and put in the fridge/freezer so i dont have to cook another during the week.
Re: Strictly For Mums by plappville(f): 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2011
My dear u ré nt alone, just try and follow Ifyalways and others advice.
There is nô magic, get everything ready in thé night. Ur Hubby has to help too, how Côme hé goes to Work
with empty stomach? Breakfast it's easy hé CAN prépare for himself.
SET ur wake up alarm in advance if u re that type that find it difficult to wake
gook luck. Mootherhood is sûre a blessing enjoy it.
Re: Strictly For Mums by nonnyp(f): 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2012
tnx @ all
Re: Strictly For Mums by agiboma(f): 5:26pm On Mar 14, 2012
lol nonny it took you 13 months to say thank you, btw how did you make out
Re: Strictly For Mums by nonnyp(f): 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
@ agiboma u r right,am sorry.

(1) (Reply)

A man should'nt hit/beat a woman! / When Your Parents Want You To Walk Fast (picx) / Schools In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.