Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

"Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" (39917 Views)

n-power Batch C: Umar Farouq Hints On Those To Be Enrolled / Five Million Applied For N-power Batch C - Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister / Sadiya Umar Farouq: N-Power Volunteers Will Get Their Stipends Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Omooba77: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs Gift 200 N-Power Slots To Each Senator, 150 For House Of Reps Members As Ordinary Nigerians Are Shut Out Of Scheme - Sahara Reporters

In the sharing formular, each member of the leadership of the Assembly is allocated 500 slots; each senator got 200 slots and each House of Representatives member was given 150 slots.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Sadiya Umar Farouq, finally fulfilled her commitment to convert the N-Power scheme to political patronage. 

Contrary to the failed attempt by the Nigerian Senate’s spokesperson to defend the allocation of N-Power slots to the parliamentarians and other politicians, SaharaReporters can authoritatively confirm the breakdown of allocation of slots to the National Assembly. 

A member of the parliament concerned about the deceit playing between the parliamentarians and the minister confessed to SaharaReporters how the minister allocated slots in the N-Power to the National Assembly. 

In the sharing formular, each member of the leadership of the Assembly is allocated 500 slots; each senator got 200 slots and each House of Representatives member was given 150 slots. 

Other ministers have also been allocated 100 slots each by and forms are freely distributed in government offices in Abuja to aides and others. 

This confirms the earlier report of SaharaReporters and samples of customised forms published by this platform, which attracted ignoble lies and vein defence of the Senate.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/07/05/minister-humanitarian-affairs-gift-200-n-power-slots-each-senator-150-house-reps-members

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
The same thing they do to Nigerian army recruitment,NDA, police, Airforce.The lawmakers will now monetize the job slots given to them, that applicants are meant to bribe the job allocation lawmakers #300 thousand for slots.

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by SaintBeehot(m): 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
Saharareporters and fake news na 5&6

26 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by YorubaKinging: 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
NIgeria is over

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Omooba77: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
comshots:
The same thing they do to Nigerian army recruitment,NDA, police, Airforce.The lawmakers will now monetize the job slots given to them, that applicants are meant to bribe the job allocation lawmakers #300 thousand for slots.
They forget is Everything ends in 6x6 and nothing will be taken out of this world.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by omenka(m): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
I could never bring myself to dislike SR given their penchant for unmasking slease in government from day one. I will always be grateful to Sowore, regardless of our different political ideologies, for the marvelous works he's done in trying to entrench probity and transparency in government.

That said, that I support them doesnt mean I'd swallow any claims they make irrespective of how they make it. You don't make such serious allegation without backing same up with hard evidence, even though we know our legislators and ministers are super corrupt. It makes mockery of the reportage you once were known for.

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by SmartProf(m): 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
I wish the senators could give it to their children, but they won't cos this short term job doesn't exude class. I will be ashamed if the reward for working for a senator's election or re-election will be a compensation to be an N-power volunteer. Weldone Madam disaster minister, u are really working in a country full of man made disasters

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by monfizzy(m): 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nigeria is a waste and a complete mess with no redemption in sight, not in the the next 100years atleast. If you’re a young Nigerian and want to secure a future for yourself and unborn kids please do everything possible to japa from that cesspit. The past, present and future leadership of Nigeria have no interest of the masses at heart and this will never change unless there’s a bloody revolution.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Dpharisee: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
He pretended he was shocked about the endemic corruption in his administration and stormed out of this thread

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by SultanOfPuna: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
If I hear any Useless Old Fool
Complain about how our young generation
Party,drink and flex alot
I go slap am... See how your old generation of politicans are putting us in misery and you expect me to come and kill myself.
When your old generation has robbed all the future from young generation.
Leaders of tomorrow kill una there.
I'm done with this shithole calked Nigeria

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nigerian youths,

when you are tired you know what to do,

if you like sit down and be saying "e go better" or "god dey" no worry god go dey dey hmmm your only hope for enjoyment now is death and even that one is based in hearsay.

The people who told you to die before you enjoy are already enjoying here on earth and guess what?
They have never died before so they don't even know what they are talking about either, Goodluck to you.

I hope you dont die only to find out there is nothing at all on the other side and the elites just played a fast one on you to calm you down and make you look forward to dying, while they loot you dry � smiley it is sad but funny. N'ndo

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by XXLMANDIGO: 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
That's how they breed ineptitude. Pity undecided

3 Likes

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Enemyofpeace: 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Very useless set of people.

3 Likes

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by yanabasee1(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Her intentions to flush out batch A&B is evil..... Minister of complete disaster.....

9 Likes

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by beresponsible(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Animals in human cloth

6 Likes

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by SenecaTheYonger: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
Omo, Nigerians dey suffer no be small.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Slawormir: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by EmekaBlue(m): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
The present selfish Nigerian FG is so useless but not totally useless atleast they can be used as a bad example to other african countries.

Amadioha strike that yeye woman up there

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by olaric(m): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
The so called rich and famous in this country won't let the masses have access to even the crumbs that fall from the table; what a shame.

This particular minister has become a tool in the hands of evil politicians. I am sure any government that comes after this will have a lot of digging up to do especially if it's headed by another political party.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Infogetong(f): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
Join women of inestimable values on zoom as they discuss

Topic: curbing the surge in rape cases and domestic violence.

To participate, register at https://info.womenofinestimablevalues.org/Zoom

1 Share

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Ponytail22: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nothing for the common man
They forget its all vanity.
Wicked government!

5 Likes

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by meum: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
Somebody somewhere will be shocked(33kva kinda shock) hearing this

30k monthly stipend our distinguished lawmakers scramble for slots; 20k monthly stipend from the 774,000jobs they threw a microphone at a deputy minister probably in anger for not being given slots. Which one unemploymed masses go get one slot inside?

I kid u not if that 5k campaign promise were to be paid, our distinguished lawmakers would still demand for slots Chai

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Exc2000: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
Na wa oo
Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by haywire07(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
If this is true, especially owing to the lopsided and pathetically biased news we usually get from Sahara reporters, then I must say I'm disappointed in this government.
This is same man-know-man policy that we suffered during the PDP era. A situation where only the elites have upper hand in dictating when and how things should go.

If the house has 50,000 slots already, then what is left for those who knows no one?

I urge the presidency to look into this matter urgently because this is part of the corruption that was meant to be tackled. Such practices must not be allowed anymore in this age.
Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by GboyegaD(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hmmm....This was what they wanted to do with Keyamo. We are a very cruel and greedy people. Why not leave it for those in genuine need?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
I thought N-power is for the unemployed youths, why are ministers dragging 30k jobs for their friends and aides?

9 Likes

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Racoon(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
No wonder Ahmed Lawan-the rubberstamp stooge was sounding belatedly stupid in his defense when caught pants down the other day.They highjacked the schemed from Osinbajo but look @ what it has become today.

9 Likes

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
V
Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by BigBelleControl(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
In as much as Sahara Reporters may not have facts that back up this claim, one cannot dispute the fact that this happens regularly when it comes to government recruitments no matter the job involved.

We all witnessed what happened between the NASS and Festus Keyamo. They see this job as parts of the constituency projects and give it to their supporters and thugs all in a bid to continue winning elections.

5 Likes

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by SmartPolician: 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
And someone is still waiting for a better Nigeria

I just dey laugh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by Princedapace(m): 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
omenka:
I could never bring myself to dislike SR given their penchant for unmasking slease in government from day one. I will always be grateful to Sowore, regardless of our different political ideologies, for the marvelous works he's done in trying to entrench probity and transparency in government.

That said, that I support them doesnt mean I'd swallow any claims they make irrespective of how they make it. You don't make such serious allegation without backing same up with hard evidence, even though we know our legislators and ministers are super corrupt. It makes mockery of the reportage you once were known for.

But in their previous report, they made this available.

3 Likes

Re: "Umar Farouq Gives N-Power Slots To Senators, Reps: Shut Out Ordinary Nigerians" by KaptainAfrika: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
Loool na wetin dem wan do with Keyamo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Recruitment Exercise In Rivers Today (Photos) / The Over-hyping Of First Class Honours In Nigeria / Nigeria Customs Shortlists 162,399 Candidates For Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.