Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) (78118 Views)

Universities To Reopen In January 2021 - Ngige / Lagos Private Schools Reopen On October 26, Public Schools Remain Shut / Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by folks4luv(f): 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
Oyo State Govt Reopen Schools, Observe COVID-19 guidelines

As the terminal classes in primary and secondary schools in Oyo State reopen for academic activities today, one could observe the strict procedures stakeholders had put in place to combat the spread of the virus among students.

As early as 7.30 am, students and pupils were seen trooping into their schools with nose masks and shields.

OyoAffairs went around to see how the schools were responding to the directives from the taskforce.

While speaking with one of the Teachers at Abadina College, University of Ibadan, he said that the students in JSS 3 and SS 3 have been distributed in all the vacant classes in the school to ensure distancing among the students.

Oyo Affairs also observed that the benches for pupils were marked to create boundaries while sitting.

A parent said that she wore a face shield and even added a mask for her daughter. “I am very particular about my daughter’s safety because I don’t want her bringing any coronavirus home.”

In Olivet Baptist School, Oyo Town, Washbasins and liquid soap were placed at the school entrance and in strategic positions in the school.

There were also boards with directives on how to observe the guidelines. Some private schools in Ibadan placed washbasins, hand sanitizers, and liquid soap in each class.

OyoAffairs gathered that the classes and offices had been fumigated weeks before opening to resist the spread of the pandemic.

https://oyoaffairs.net/oyo-state-govt-reopen-schools-observe-covid-19-guidelines/

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by tayebest(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
That was some excellent precautions smiley wink

By next month, all schools might resume proper! smiley

153 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by Laryne(m): 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
You can't keep schools on lockdown forever.
Let's adapt to this present reality.

277 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
some egungun there cheesy

..btt this can't stop d spread of covik.... after d social distancing, they will all go home together. Who can separate them from going home together- the sweetest part of the day's lesson??

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by bigdammyj: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
I hope it won't backfire

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pace-setters

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by Karlifate: 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pace Setter.
Boss Mustapha will soon copy this style.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by ODJ124(m): 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nice one...
if we are waiting for this pandemic to end in Nigeria ehn.... it might be by next year.. meaning school we resume next year... so this is a welcome development...
others to follow ..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by DesChyko: 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
Let's get real.
These ones are for the camera.

252 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by Abovebest(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
This year is still a blessed year

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by EbenezerTriumph: 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2020
bigdammyj:
I hope it won't backfire
why opening of churches and markets no backfire?
if you don't have anything better to say you keep shut

204 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by mespusinglez(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
Just Incase
Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by Ayojideonline(m): 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
folks4luv:
Public and private schools in Oyo state have resumed academic activities after a prolonged break due to the spread of the Coronavirus.

Schools at all levels have been on a compulsory break as directed by the Federal Government.

The lockdown was a part of the efforts of the government to curb the spread of the COVID-19 Pandemic.

However, the Oyo state governor, Governor Rotimi Makinde had announced the schools in Oyo state will be reopened to resume academic activities, a move that was criticized by the chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha.

Although the planned resumption in Oyo state was delayed for another week to enable the government to put some safety measures in place, schools have finally resumed today. See photos below

Source: https://newsnownow.com.ng/private-and-public-schools-reopen-in-oyo-today-see-photos/

Oga, "Rotimi" Makinde as Oyo Governor? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Where you see that name? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Me, I know Seyi Makinde ooo, Thank you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2020
Government wey get sense.
Fire dey go.
Measures should be put in place to ensure adequate implimentation of safety rules.
But all this shutdown has got to end for heck sake.
We are not a digital nation.
We cannot go virtual if physical is impaired.
Abeg let us use our head.
Hey guys check out my YouTube channel using the link below to learn business tips for small and medium businesses.
Do not forget to like, comment, share and subscribe.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfFI41zoAu3gjq-dhrctMdw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by Vanpascore(m): 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
folks4luv:
Public and private schools in Oyo state have resumed academic activities after a prolonged break due to the spread of the Coronavirus.

Schools at all levels have been on a compulsory break as directed by the Federal Government.

The lockdown was a part of the efforts of the government to curb the spread of the COVID-19 Pandemic.

However, the Oyo state governor, [b]Governor Rotimi Makinde [/b]had announced the schools in Oyo state will be reopened to resume academic activities, a move that was criticized by the chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha.

Although the planned resumption in Oyo state was delayed for another week to enable the government to put some safety measures in place, schools have finally resumed today. See photos below

Source: https://newsnownow.com.ng/private-and-public-schools-reopen-in-oyo-today-see-photos/

Correct yourself
Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by MMXX: 5:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
A welcome development for other state governments to observe and implement going forward

But the true test should be tried with a public school instead

1 Like

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
God knows I just recovered from lack of taste and smell
Make our last born no come give me the real corona at home
Cos I haven't being going out since corona came
If them give me corona lasan I swear I will protest, sue seyi Makinde, sue oyo state to a 1 million dollars law suit cos this children practicing social distancing in class won't practice it when they are going home or coming to school
They won't practice it in the cab that take them to school

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by Salako01(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
This is one private school in Ibadan I reckon. How those government school for Saki West (Ansarudeen etc)go take implement all these. I just hope they get it right. Let FG observe them and see key take aways and implement same in general school resumption guidelines.

If the cases increase then shut it down immediately and go back and restructure.

17 Likes

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by robertmugabe: 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Then go soon tire

4 Likes

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by PureGoldh(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lol.. show us photos after a week or two.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pace setter state.... We lead, other follows

3 Likes

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by XXLMANDIGO: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
Impressive one Governor Makinde

No wonder OYO is called the pacesetter state.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by espn(m): 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lol...
Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by oluwamile(m): 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
It might end in tears
Because it still a mystery how Gov of ondo,ebonyi and Delta contacted the virus after strong guidelines and protocols in their respective government house

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by nadisms: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
cool

1 Like

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by JOACHINpedro: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
Bad market for NCDC cry

4 Likes

Re: Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) by gentiboy: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
When there is no covid-19 in Nigeria, it's comfirm already,

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! / If You Say There Is No God, Let Me Show You My JAMB Result / Ariyibi Ayomide: UNILAG Student Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.