Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:15 AM

Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister (33055 Views)

Help:effect Of Hypochlorite Disinfection Of Drinking Water / Fumigation Of Schools Begins In Nasarawa State Ahead Of Students Resumption / JAMB 2018- Simple Guides As UTME Begins On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by MT: 10:16am On Jul 07, 2020
slimanyd:
Waiting for those parents wey no get school fees to pay to talk ill of these FG resumption move like they masturbated on Makinde's School resumption yesterday.

Kuku tell us say u never see school fees money, and apply for Government grant . Lobatan. Abegi, Coro is here to stay with us. Thank God am now recovering from Loss of smell and Taste .

Don't be insensitive with your comments. Those that do not have school fees to pay have genuine reason to be afraid about school resumption. If not for corruption, Nigeria is rich enough to give free education till the end of secondary school.

For a mere fact you can afford to pay today, don't look down on others but rather feel sorry for a nation which has horribly failed them. A poor man has genuine reason to be afraid where the next meal is coming from. Stop gloating!!

2 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Seun(m): 10:17am On Jul 07, 2020
Abalado:
Mumu government, opening market places but closing Churches and Schools,, their mumu never do?
Marketplaces have to be open for people to survive. Most of them are in open spaces where the risk of transmission is lower. If everyone in an open market wears a mask, the risk of catching the virus is quite low. It is government's role to prevent the entry of people without face-masks.

Churches and mosques aren't essential because the God of Christianity and Islam doesn't live in physical buildings. He can be worshipped anywhere, even at home, because he is omnipresent. Christians and Muslims don't have to meet together physically to practice their religion.

Also, churches, mosques and synagogues have caused large Coronavirus outbreaks around the world. Germany, Korea, US, India, Malaysia...

As for schools, only expensive private schools have what it takes to reopen safely, and it will cost them a lot. Public schools have no chance.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by sugacoatedmouth(m): 10:17am On Jul 07, 2020
dahgifted:
Why are they not talking about tertiary institution?

I wonder ooooooooooh like tertiary institutions do not exist too bad
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by donmik: 10:19am On Jul 07, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Do you know that if churches are opened, d infected people wl run there to seek for healing, thereby spreading it more....& for the case of schools, how many parents wld allow their children to return to the boarding house??
Think about it!

Brother... are u now saying that churches and schools are the ones responsible for the so called alarming number of infection for now?

Hope you know there is more congestion in markets than school and churches.

Let me not believe u insinuating that we should forget schools and churches in this nation till COVID19 finishes
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by SirWarlock: 10:27am On Jul 07, 2020
Seun:
Bunch of unscientific nonsense. Many scientists believe [url=https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S1473-3099%2820%2930561-2]the virus doesn't spread much through surfaces[/url] (fomites). Even if it did, the schools have been closed for so long (several months) that any virus in them would have been deactivated by now. The virus doesn't live on tables and desks; it lives inside human beings. Teachers, students, parents, workers. This move is only going to make people feel better. It's a hollow gesture.
True. To look good for the people I think undecided
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Seun(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2020
dahgifted:
Students of tertiary institutions are very mature and independent. 80% of them won't have a problem with taking lectures over the Internet and studying from electronic handouts sent to them by e-mail. They only need to be physically present to take tests and examinations, which can be conducted very safely outdoors with extreme spacing and face-masks like they do in South Korea:

7 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Toyade888(m): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2020
Seun:

Students of tertiary institutions are very mature and independent. 80% of them won't have a problem with taking lectures over the Internet and studying from electronic handouts sent to them over the Internet. They only need to be physically present to take tests and examinations.

And the 20%?
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Richyspice(m): 10:42am On Jul 07, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Which one is credit for reopening schools? Is reopening schools an achievement?

And mind you, the PTF advised the FG to open schools only for students in terminal classes. For example, WAEC is beginning next month, so JSS3 and SS3 students are expected to resume school this month. Also, Common Entrance examinations are starting soon so, Primary 6 students are expected to resume too.

As for Seyi Makinde, there is nothing special about the man. Only God has been keeping Oyo people safe. There is nothing significant that the governor has done. Come to Oyo, and you will see that everyone is just living life normally. The governor is just banking on the residents to keep safe.
absolutely correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by VirginFinder: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I listened to the minister of state for education yesterday. He said states with intelligent students can ask them to stay at home then resume for exam on the 4th.

Lagos has fixed resumption for August 3rd, I wonder how the state government want to pull that off.

Exactly my point @bolded
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:52am On Jul 07, 2020
Seun:

Students of tertiary institutions are very mature and independent. 80% of them won't have a problem with taking lectures over the Internet and studying from electronic handouts sent to them by e-mail. They only need to be physically present to take tests and examinations, which can be conducted very safely outdoors with extreme spacing and face-masks like they do in South Korea:

What will one do, so that you can unblock his website link On Nairaland forum
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by raphy(m): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2020
later they will say they use Millon's to disinfect schools and rats eat the Remaining money..useles country...shithole of Africa.

*drinking my coffee *
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2020
dahgifted:

ASUU is on strike and FG doesn't even know how they will initiate a conversation with them. cool
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2020
What are they disinfecting? Schools have been closed for several months, how long can covid survive outside a host? This dissinfection is a scam

1 Like

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by hero2000: 11:30am On Jul 07, 2020
ojorich:
Nigeria may have become the epic centre of the corona virus without the citizens even knowing. If as of today the NCDC has tested only 152,000 persons of a population of over 200,000 million and recording a confirmed positive cases of 29,000. It then invariably means that if the testing capacity steps up and 152million people were to be tested, we might be recording a staggering 29million positive covid 19 cases with a vast majority most likely to be asymptomatic!! God help us all

God has ALREADY help you. You yourself said majority might be asymptomatic meaning Covid-19 won't kill 99.9%(my own layman estimate) of our people.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Karlifate: 11:30am On Jul 07, 2020
Organicist95:
obviously you are from Oyo state grin
Wrong assumption. grin cheesy
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Saintinoo(m): 11:33am On Jul 07, 2020
Connectofficial:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/schools-disinfection-begins-july-7-fg/%3famp=1
If only things are done the way these politicians say it, Nigeria would have been developed by now..
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Saintinoo(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Lol. This is why Nigerians believe this is a scamdemic.

When cases never even reach 100 a day una rush shut down everywhere. Now wey we dey grt 500-700 as daily scores una come dey open everywhere like ashewo leg.

Hushgovernment.
Make una allow Hushpuppi rest in peace naw, wink.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Karlifate: 11:36am On Jul 07, 2020
I commend anyone working.
IDGAF about your hatred for Seyi Makinde.
BluntTheApostle:

Which one is credit for reopening schools? Is reopening schools an achievement?

And mind you, the PTF advised the FG to open schools only for students in terminal classes. For example, WAEC is beginning next month, so JSS3 and SS3 students are expected to resume school this month. Also, Common Entrance examinations are starting soon so, Primary 6 students are expected to resume too.

As for Seyi Makinde, there is nothing special about the man. Only God has been keeping Oyo people safe. There is nothing significant that the governor has done. Come to Oyo, and you will see that everyone is just living life normally. The governor is just banking on the residents to keep safe.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 07, 2020
Seun:

You are super smart. Let the tertiary institution students move for this. You can create a thread about it and beg lala to move to fp to get more audience. Maybe from there it can get to Twitter where PTF can see it. Because with the way things are going tertiary institution may be the very last to be considered especially with the ongoing ASUU strike.

Modified: I just discovered that I quoted Seun himself. grin

And I was telling him "to beg lala" cheesy

Epa domoh ohhhh

2 Likes

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Karlifate: 11:38am On Jul 07, 2020
You make sense.
Rebuke:

Don't mind them. They were busy shouting up and down...GSM showed them the way and now everyone is following and everywhere is getting to open up.

Kudos to that young man. I am super proud of him.

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Saintinoo(m): 11:46am On Jul 07, 2020
Originalsly:
Hmmm..... the chemicals are not long lasting.... so they will be used just before the children resume. Think about this .... then tell me why the chemicals will not affect the children. When our children begin to have respiratory problems... rashes... asthma.... or in the long term develop cancer or some unusual sickness..... we must not be wondering why.
Problem with you people is that you always want to comment on any story, the chemicals are not long lasting, meaning that they will die off before children resume back to school, i think it is vey easy to comprehend.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Mzora(f): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2020
chime8:
THANKS TO GOD ALMIGHTY.

Kudos to GSM of OYO STATE

GOD BLESS ALL THE PRIVATE SCHOOL TEACHERS INCLUDING ME.

Las Las GOD HEAR OUR CRY cool
it has not been easy coping with this pandemic as a private school teacher.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by peterwhite247: 11:56am On Jul 07, 2020
Thothafx:

You are super smart. Let the tertiary institution students move for this. You can create a thread about it and beg lala to move to fp to get more audience. Maybe from there it can get to Twitter where PTF can see it. Because with the way things are going tertiary institution may be the very last to be considered especially with the ongoing ASUU strike.

Epa domoh ohhhh
Thothafx:

Epa domoh ohhhh
Thothafx:

Epa domoh ohhhh
I think ASUU is nw our problem, imagine primary schools reopening b4 University students that has many chances of aviodin the virus,pls o we need to protest dis pple ar playing with our future...
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Tilykay(m): 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
chime8:
THANKS TO GOD ALMIGHTY.

Kudos to GSM of OYO STATE

GOD BLESS ALL THE PRIVATE SCHOOL TEACHERS INCLUDING ME.

Las Las GOD HEAR OUR CRY cool

Is it for the general school or just the final classes?
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by sandrapretty(f): 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
ojorich:
Nigeria may have become the epic centre of the corona virus without the citizens even knowing. If as of today the NCDC has tested only 152,000 persons of a population of over 200,000 million and recording a confirmed positive cases of 29,000. It then invariably means that if the testing capacity steps up and 152million people were to be tested, we might be recording a staggering 29million positive covid 19 cases with a vast majority most likely to be asymptomatic!! God help us all
shut up
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by sandrapretty(f): 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
SexytorresE:
Are u in my mind ?
it's not really for covid but against snakes and other reptiles in the school environment since schools has been closed for months now and everywhere is bushy.
do u understand now?
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by sandrapretty(f): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
cool
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by sandrapretty(f): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2020
Thothafx:

Epa domoh ohhhh
the oga kpatakpata himself grin
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Akinbahm(m): 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
egopersonified:
Ok so my myopic brain is telling me why disinfect schools that have being shut for over four months when it has being said that covid cannot stay for more than 3 days depending on the surface

To clear the premises and to psyphone our money into their pocket...

Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Donedeal1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2020
Connectofficial:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/schools-disinfection-begins-july-7-fg/%3famp=1
GSM,PDP,Oyo state,people should please help the federal government more. Can we get more bold and courageous initiatives from Nigerians.
Re: Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister by Alfarisiey: 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2020
Connectofficial:

so they can later say they used the money allocated to them to disinfect schools...all we know is that there is a hidden purpose of all these restrictions and is not saving our lives but time shall reveal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uzoma Miracle Chinonso: UNIPORT Best Graduating Student With A C.G.P.A Of 4.82 / Lady Shows Off Impressive Legwork Dance As She Graduates From University (video) / How Students Observed Social Distancing During An Examination In Anambra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.