Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Dampte Reacts/writes Against Clamour For A New 'pman' By Banky W And Others. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dampte Reacts/writes Against Clamour For A New 'pman' By Banky W And Others. (845 Views)

Pls Who Has This Song:till My Dieing Day By Banky W / Wizkid Snubbed By Banky W And Eme At The Rnbw Album Launch / My Regret -- By Banky W. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dampte Reacts/writes Against Clamour For A New 'pman' By Banky W And Others. by pckid: 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2011
Recording artiste and Record label co - owner Dampte has reacted to the call by a section of Nigerian artistes for a new body to represent the Nigerian musician since the present and newly elected executive at PMAN have failed to deliver as true representative of the industry. Banky W, eLdee the don, Ice prince and others were invited to the election of PMAN executives and leadership that took place in Osogbo. The aftermath of the elections was a piece by singer Banky W which he titled Keep The Change (A PMAN TALE) (Read here: http://questionmarkmag.com/2011/01/banky-w-eldee-and-others-talk-tough-keep-the-change-a-pman-tale/ ) and Reactions followed.

Dampte is known for his hit collaboration with singer YQ titled 'wine your tinkolo', The recording Nigerian artiste is also an ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers ) member.

Dampte writes an two part piece exclusive to Questionmarkmag.com reacting to the very content and solution proposed. He delivers a personal write up where he says: "Mr. Wellington and his gangs hiding under the umbrella of the new generation of Nigerian artistes seek to throw away our culture, throw out our rights which we fought for with tears and blood. Maybe not tears and blood but it really doesn’t matter. The fact remains the coupists have thrown out all the principles of civilization. For an instance, let’s pretend Abubakar Atiku has the same thinking process as my well travelled, learned and best selling colleague Banky W, Nigeria as we know it would be in CHAOS."

The full text of Dampte's piece titled PMAN: A LOST TALE (Part 1) can be read at http://questionmarkmag.com/2011/02/pman-a-lost-tale-part-1-by-dampte/.

P.S: Also Dampte's latest single - Mr. Go Get Her can be downloaded from : http://www.4shared.com/audio/bNv0HLRs/Go_Get-Her.html
Re: Dampte Reacts/writes Against Clamour For A New 'pman' By Banky W And Others. by Ibime(m): 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2011
Im sure the clamour for new artistes to insert themselves into PMAN has everything to do with the $200m fund that GEJ just inserted into the entertainment industry.

I was wary of Banky's write-up from the start. My Naija brain told me he is chasing the money. For one, he never listed any policies or anything else he plans to implement, just ratcheting on about "a new PMAN", "Don't resist change" bla bla bla.

The elections for PMAN will take place in 2 years. Why dem dey rush to take over now? Abi na the $200m cause am?
Re: Dampte Reacts/writes Against Clamour For A New 'pman' By Banky W And Others. by whizkidd: 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2011
The truth about the matter is that the older generation of Nigerian artists want to reap where they have not sowed. The reason why the Nigerian music industry now has a global reach is because of young progressive artists like Banky W and Eldee the Don. Fans from Ghana, to Kenya, to South Africa are listening to the new generation artistes like P-square, D'banj, Sasha P and Naeto C not King Sunny Ade and Dampte (who I have never heard of btw). Artistes like Mary J. Blige and Snoop Dogg are working with Tuface and D'banj. These younger artistes who represent the future of Nigerian music, are despised by the older generation for their success. Instead of giving a helping hand, they throw insults. These new artistes have built up an international brand of Nigerian music with no help from the government or the older generation. Yet, these older artistes want control of a growing industry they contribute relatively little to. When President Jonathan proposes an industry fund, they want to be the ones who control it. The older generation cannnot be allowed to eat off the sweat of younger artistes (even after they have ensured that they ruined Nigeria).

This problem is part of the problem with Nigeria. It is the typical dinosaur syndrome. The older generation with archaic, parochial views on life want to lord it over the future generation. They refuse to progress, but yet they wont move out of the way. I support Bany W and Eldee 100 %. It is time for young Nigerians to move forward with or without the help of the older generation. That is the only way progress is going to made.
Re: Dampte Reacts/writes Against Clamour For A New 'pman' By Banky W And Others. by Ibime(m): 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2011
whizkidd:

When President Jonathan proposes an industry fund, they want to be the ones who control it.

Why didn't the young ones have any interest in PMAN until GEJ released money?
Re: Dampte Reacts/writes Against Clamour For A New 'pman' By Banky W And Others. by whizkidd: 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2011
Because they are about to watch people squander funds that were given because of their (the younger generation) sweat. The real question is why would Jonathan give the funds to an organization filled with people who don't represent the future of Nigerian music. I don't disagree that the funds might be part of the motivation, but if I worked hard and saw someone else about to eat off my sweat, you better believe I'm gonna fight it out.
Re: Dampte Reacts/writes Against Clamour For A New 'pman' By Banky W And Others. by tosinaded(m): 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2011
whizkidd:

Because they are about to watch people squander funds that were given because of their (the younger generation) sweat. The real question is why would Jonathan give the funds to an organization filled with people who don't represent the future of Nigerian music. I don't disagree that the funds might be part of the motivation, but if I worked hard and saw someone else about to eat off my sweat, you better believe I'm gonna fight it out.

what are u talking about?
who was he meant to give the mooney to? name any other body apart from PMAN that's a music body in Nigeria!
Y didnt the so called young artistes join PMAN before now?
why are they crying blue murder now that money is involved?
Re: Dampte Reacts/writes Against Clamour For A New 'pman' By Banky W And Others. by Ibime(m): 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
whizkidd:

Because they are about to watch people squander funds that were given because of their (the younger generation) sweat.

No one was given funds cos of anyone's sweat. Jonathan shared bribe money for all the monkeys that sang and acted for his campaign. Let those who sold their conscience share the money. Im sure M.I told us he will never sing for any of these wuruwuru politicians, yet he is still trying to muscle in on his share of the $200m.

(1) (Reply)

"E.T." Katy Perry Feat. Kanye West / Bigz Freestyle On Bbc Radio 1xtra(UK) - Hot Or Not? / Beazy: I'm So Feeling This Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.