Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba (2901 Views)

President Mahinda Rajapaksa Lost In A Surprised Presidential Election / Al Qaeda Terrorists Pass US Special Forces, CIA Agents On Way To Syria / Imagine That One Day President Barack Obama Disappears: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by EzeUche2(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2011
Lost In Transit: Dubai-Based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba

A Dubai-based Nigerian family has been declared missing after they embarked on a journey from Lagos to Asaba, Delta State. The family of four has been missing for seven days now.

The Onyeocha family, including Edna, 35, and her three kids, Loveth, 11, Precious, 8, Golden, 6 and Edna’s cousin, Chinyere, left Lagos last Wednesday in a chartered Toyota Camry saloon car with registration number LAGOS KU 108 EKY.

Ugochukwu Onyeocha, Edna’s husband and father of the missing kids, told P.M. NEWS that he and his family came into the country on Monday, 24 January for a holiday from Dubai, United Arab Emirates, their base. The last time the family came to Nigeria was five years ago.

But last Wednesday morning, he hired a cab that came to pick them up at Jakande Estate, Isolo, where they all stayed with his wife’s sister, before their ill-fated journey to the Delta State capital. According to Ugochukwu, an accountant, his wife, Edna, a staff of Standard Chartered Bank, Dubai, and the children left for the trip around 10a.m. in a car driven by a man called Godfrey Emmanuel Inalegwu, who works for a car hire outfit.

Ugochukwu said he last spoke with his wife at around 11a.m. of that Wednesday and later around 3p.m. when he tried to check on them. But he could no longer reach her afterwards as her phone was switched off. Ugochukwu was now disturbed by his inability to reach his family. “I again called her phone to confirm their safety but her phone was still switched off. I later gave up, thinking probably because they were on the expressway, and there was no network. After some time, I tried again and the phone remained dead.

“My kids don’t use phones so I didn’t bother to call them. At a point, I thought maybe she was tired and wanted to rest. So, later I went to bed.” But early the next day, Ugochukwu’s mother-in-law, whom the Onyeochas were going to visit in Asaba, was the first to call, asking after them. Ugochukwu was stunned when his wife’s mom told him she was yet to set eyes on his family.

“After my mother-in-law gave me this shocking news, I quickly picked my phone and tried my wife’s line over and over but it remained switched off. “I then rushed to the Red Cab park in Amuwo Odofin, to look for the driver named Olajide that brought the driver that took my family on the journey, but I didn’t meet him. I asked after him from his colleagues and they said he came around in the morning and left.

“I asked for his number and called him but his number was switched off. So I left and dropped my number with them that he should call me as soon as he comes. He did call me later but had no clues as to their whereabouts.” The missing family are suspected to have been abducted somewhere near Otu Costain – a border town between Ondo and Edo States – based on the record on the map of the tracking device attached to the car they were travelling in.

“The map showed that the vehicle left Lagos around 10 a.m. and passed Ore. They got to a place called Otu Costain, the car stopped there for six minutes and continued again; after that nothing could be seen again on the map. Whatever happened to my family could have occurred at that point,” Onyeocha told P.M.NEWS.

Meanwhile, the matter is now being investigated by detectives at the Force Criminal Investigations Department, FCID, Panti, in Yaba. Ugochukwu first reported the case at the Festac Police Station before it was transferred to Panti. The last time the family came to Nigeria was five years ago.

By Funsho Arogundade
Culled from 234next.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by MaJBlige(f): 8:00pm On Feb 02, 2011
what a pity
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by seanet03: 8:11pm On Feb 02, 2011
Probably their IBO brothers have kidnapped them as usual.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by aljharem(m): 8:13pm On Feb 02, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

hope they find them soon
seanet03:

imagine if it was your relative undecided

have some pity undecided undecided cry cry cry cry
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Mobinga: 8:30pm On Feb 02, 2011
i wonder how ugochukwu must be feeling now. Very sad. Hope they find them soon.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by oderemo(m): 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2011
this is kidnapping as usual.
my heart goes to the this man. how dreadful not knowing his family whereabout.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by rebranded(m): 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2011
This is horrible!

I pray they find them, and its only a case of kidnapping. .

it shows how people are desperate to have money
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by monkeyleg: 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2011
So sad. This reminds us of the true state of our country. Nobody is safe
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by seanet03: 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2011
@alhajrem, what pity did you want me to show again? By giving a good advice to the police on a notorious kidnapping tribe, i have already shown some pity
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by phantom(m): 9:46pm On Feb 02, 2011
^you really must have a miserable life.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Ibime(m): 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2011
Does Warri/Asaba have no airport?

The last time I took a bus from Lagos to Onitsha, then Onitsha to PH, I swore I would never travel that kinda journey by road again.

I pray for the family.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by ikeyman00(m): 10:31pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^^^

and when was that?

yes go on and lie undecided
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by EzeUche2(m): 10:46pm On Feb 02, 2011
Why bring tribalism into this thread? What has happened here is a travesty.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by dempeople(m): 2:05am On Feb 03, 2011
Hope they're safely found. sad

seanet03:

seanet03:

@alhajrem, what pity did you want me to show again? By giving a good advice to the police on a notorious kidnapping tribe, i have already shown some pity

You're a naturally wicked human being. angry angry angry
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by jason123: 2:09am On Feb 03, 2011
@ seanet03

NA WA FOR YOU OO!!! angry.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by EkoIle1: 2:10am On Feb 03, 2011
This is really sad. Venturing out of Lagos/SW or Abuja is getting too dangerous.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 03, 2011
dem_people:

Hope they're safely found. sad

You're a naturally wicked human being.  angry angry angry

Found where ? when their ibo brothers are waiting for ransome somewhere in the evil forest tongue grin
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by jason123: 2:12am On Feb 03, 2011
Shakes my head at these tribalistic chest beaters
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Freewilly(f): 2:15am On Feb 03, 2011
Sad news, that's why I wish the would worry and finish Asaba and Enugu Airport so we don't have to  travel through Yoruba Yoruba land anymore.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 03, 2011
They were safe in the south west only to be kidnapped on entering iboland.is that what you called tribalism ?  shocked
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 03, 2011
The thing wey dey vex me the most:

1. Why wasnt tpia traveling in that area around that exact time?
2. Why dont anyone wanna kidnap that thing, no matter what the price?
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 03, 2011
is tpia worth kidnapping ? shocked who will pay the ransome ? tongue
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Nobody: 2:22am On Feb 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

is tpia worth kidnapping ? shocked who will pay the ransome ? tongue
Imagine, I pay one Igbo bobo to kidnap am. . . . . but him go tell me no amount of money is worth it tongue
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by tpiah2: 2:22am On Feb 03, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Imagine, I pay one Igbo bobo to kidnap my mama. . . . . but him go tell me no amount of money is worth it tongue
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 03, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Imagine, I pay one Igbo bobo to kidnap am. . . . . but him go tell me no amount of money is worth it tongue
waste of time and money. . .i bet nobody will bail that loud-mouthed old lady.

angry
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Nobody: 2:28am On Feb 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

waste of time and money. . .i bet nobody will bail that loud-mouthed old lady.

angry

You nko? $5,000, she's all yours. grin
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by tpiah2: 2:30am On Feb 03, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You nko? $5 me and my mama all yours. grin
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Nobody: 2:32am On Feb 03, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You nko? $5,000, she's all yours.  grin
me and tpia ?  shocked shocked not in this life,hereafter,heaven or hell angry
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by dempeople(m): 2:34am On Feb 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Found where ? when their ibo brothers are waiting for ransome somewhere in the evil forest tongue grin

There comes a time for everything. We all might enjoy the mental stimulation that comes with arguing and debating on this forum but when a tragedy like this occurs, the positive virtues of humans should prevail. I'm disappointed in you and seanet03.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by tpiah2: 2:34am On Feb 03, 2011
animal brains, animal talk.

nuff said.
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 03, 2011
dem_people:

There comes a time for everything. We all might enjoy the mental stimulation that comes with arguing and debating on this forum but when a tragedy like this occurs, the positive virtues of humans should prevail. I'm disappointed in you and seanet03.
they are not dead. . .just holidaying with some dear-devil ibo rascals in the forest.Kidnapping is a lucrative business in the east,so why are you pretending

as if it's the first time you are hearing such breaking news from iboland ? mschew  angry
Re: Lost In Transit: Dubai-based Nigerian Family Disappears On Way To Asaba by EkoIle1: 2:44am On Feb 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

they are not dead. . .just holidaying with some dear-devil ibo rascals in the forest.Kidnapping is a lucrative business in the east,so why are you pretending

as if it's the first time you are hearing such breaking news from iboland ? mschew  angry

Beats the hell out of me. I don't know why they are acting brand new?

lol @ Asaba Airport, as if den no fit kidnap people right inside the Airports itself,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking Photos Show A Leopard Clubbed To Death By Angry Mob In India / See The Stupid Boy That Killed Ghadaffi! / 10 Dirty Secret CIA Operations (A Must Read)!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.