Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing (2015 Views)

Religious Group Protests Against Southern Kaduna Killings, Says All Lives Matter / 'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests / When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
This Is Why the Official BLM Statement Is So Disturbing

TED/Marla Aufmuth
Founders of the Black Lives Matter movement (L-R) Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors and Opal Tometi speak at TEDWomen 2016.

By MICHAEL BROWN Published on July 8, 2020

Dating back to 2016, I have been urging Christian conservatives and other people of conscience to distinguish between the important affirmation that black lives do matter and the BLM movement.

The statement that “black lives matter” should be shouted loudly and clearly. Since through much of our history, black Americans have felt that their lives did not matter to white Americans.

As for the BLM movement, it should be exposed for what it is. As I tweeted on July 6:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11888952_captureblmstatement_png1cec321e07b45ff8601febb721ae60db

Here’s what we know about the BLM movement, especially when we dig a little deeper into their “What We Believe” statement.

When you start to connect the dots, you’ll understand why I described BLM as “dangerous” and “anti-Christian.” In fact, at the end of this article, I’ll connect the BLM movement with the J word — as in Jezebel. (Do I have your attention?)

Meet the Founders
BLM was founded by three black women: Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza and Opal Tometi.

The first two identify as queer and the third as “a transnational feminist.”

Speaking of Cullors, a website celebrating “lesbians who tech” states that “When Patrisse was 16-years-old she came out as queer and moved out of her home in the Valley.”

Being queer is as much of an issue for the movement as being black.

The official BLM site describes Garza as a “queer Black woman.” She states that “we must view this epidemic through a lens of race, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.”

That’s why a June 21, 2020 article on ABC News declared that “From the start, the founders of Black Lives Matter have always put LGBTQ voices at the centre of the conversation. The movement was founded by three Black women, Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors and Opal Tometi, two of whom identify as queer.”

Fighting Not Just White Privilege But Also Heterosexual Privilege
On a certain level, reading through the official BLM statement, being queer is as much of an issue for the movement as being black.

Accordingly, there are multiple references to “trans,” as highlighted here: “We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead. We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.”

Even more forthrightly, the statement reads, “We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).”

Please Support The Stream: Equipping Christians to Think Clearly About the Political, Economic and Moral Issues of Our Day.

Thus, the only references to heterosexuality are negative, as in “cisgender privilege” and “heteronormative thinking,” meaning the assumption that heterosexuality is the norm.

So, BLM is not just fighting against white privilege but also heterosexual privilege. Make no mistake about it.

That’s why the statement also goes out of its way to include people of “actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression.” The leaders have made themselves abundantly clear.

But there’s more, and this has often been missed in commentary on BLM beliefs.

BLM Degrades Traditional Marriage and Ignores Fatherhood
There are references to “mothers” and “parents” in their statement. But not one single reference to fathers. Not one. (Contrast this with the multiple references to queer and trans and gender identity, etc.)

Mentions of “men” or the idea of a male-led household are only found in totally negative contexts.

Specifically, “We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centred” (my emphasis). Oh, those terrible, evil men.

And this: “We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work ‘double shifts’ so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work” (again, my emphasis).

Yes, that oppressive, husband-wife, male-female union. That outdated, outmoded patriarchal dinosaur. It must be dismantled. (And note the assumption that if something is “patriarchal” it is unfair to women. A truly fair relationship would have the husband home with the kids while the wife is out doing “public justice work.”)

This is the language of radical feminism in unabashed, undisguised form. This too is part of the queer, trans-affirming spirit.

A Marxist-Based, Queer-Affirming, Trans-Activist, Traditional-Marriage Degrading, Radical-Feminist Promoting, Fatherless, Jezebelic Movement
The third founder, Opal Tometi, is also described as “a student of liberation theology.” And there is now the widely circulated quote from Cullors. Apparently she and Garza “are trained Marxists.”

What about the connection between liberation theology and Marxism, especially in this context? Prof. Anthony Bradley, himself black, has pointed out that “Black Liberation Is Marxist Liberation.”

There is now the widely circulated quote from Cullors that she and Garza “are trained Marxists.”

So, without question, the official BLM movement is Marxist-based, queer-affirming, trans-activist, traditional-marriage degrading, radical-feminist promoting and more. In a certain sense, it is fatherless as well.

That’s why I said that “the BLM organization is dangerous, anti-Christian, and should be avoided.”

Now, let’s also remember that Cullors is on record saying that their goal is to remove Trump from office. She said, “Trump not only needs to not be in office in November, but he should resign now. Trump needs to be out of office. He is not fit for office. And so, what we are going to push for is a move to get Trump out.”

And this leads me to one last important point. When you connect all the dots, the spirit of the official BLM movement is downright Jezebelic. It is thus in direct conflict with the Alpha Male Trump. For more on this, watch here.

Source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by budaatum: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2020
budaatum:

Yawn.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/herstory/

When you finish yawning can you tell us BLM's statement about the black unborn babies that are being murdered by the planned parenthood? Do their lives matter at all? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by donnie(m): 11:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
BLM is meant for unrepentant hard-headed Isrealite Christians. So they can continue in their jamboree, decieving and being deceived.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by missjo(f): 7:47am On Jul 09, 2020
Tags/movements have always been disturbing. Too many moving parts makes it hard for them to maintain cohesiveness and uniformity of purpose and vision.

I don't need to belong to a BLM movement to know that black lives matter, just as all lives should.

I don't need to belong to a feminist movement to know that women's rights matter, just as every human's right should.

Etc. Etc.

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by budaatum: 10:14am On Jul 09, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

When you finish yawning can you tell us BLM's statement about the black unborn babies that are being murdered by the planned parenthood? Do their lives matter at all? undecided
Don't you think you should ask the mothers? Or did planned parenthood tie them down and murder their black unborn babies against their will?
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
budaatum:

Don't you think you should ask the mothers? Or did planned parenthood tie them down and murder their black unborn babies against their will?

Are you saying that there is nothing in BLM's statement to defend the unborn black babies? See the thread below for what Presidential candidate, Kanye West has twitted about this genocide.

https://www.nairaland.com/5979292/these-souls-deserve-live-kanye

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11893110_blmmichaelbrown_jpegb1ecca3fdc6eac6a9d1077519e8af2f7
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by budaatum: 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
I refuse to waste my precious time on you.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by LordReed(m): 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
budaatum:
I refuse to waste my precious time on you.

Really my dear buda, a sodding waste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
LordReed:

Really my dear buda, a sodding waste.

Mmmm, well I'm not into fear-mongering but BLM states on their official website that they want to disrupt the concept of the nuclear family. They have close ties to the Nation of Islam and Louis Farrakhan who spout extremely hateful and anti-semitic rhetoric.

Let us remember that you can support racial equality without having to bend the knee to any particular organization.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by LordReed(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
CoolUsername:

Mmmm, well I'm not into fear-mongering but BLM states on their official website that they want to disrupt the concept of the nuclear family. They have close ties to the Nation of Islam and Louis Farrakhan who spout extremely hateful and anti-semitic rhetoric.

Let us remember that you can support racial equality without having to bend the knee to any particular organization.

I'd like to see where anyone claimed that supporting the BLM organisation was essential to the fight for racial justice and equality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2020
donnie:

BLM is meant for unrepentant hard-headed Isrealite Christians. So they can continue in their jamboree, decieving and being deceived.

Did you read their statement? undecided
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by jamesid29(m): 10:13pm On Jul 09, 2020
LordReed:

I'd like to see where anyone claimed that supporting the BLM organisation was essential to the fight for racial justice and equality.
I doubt that is what he meant. I read his statement as someone saying we should all have the presence of mind in separating the movement from the organisation, as sometimes that line can be blurred.

Interest groups have a long history of usually trying to control the narrative of an ideology/movement from within, effectively making the group and the movement one and the same.
If people are not cautious of these at the onset, the leadership of these groups can become too powerful and at this point it's already too late (well except the movement itself breaks down).

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by LordReed(m): 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
jamesid29:

I doubt that is what he meant. I read his statement as someone saying we should all have the presence of mind in separating the movement from the organisation, as sometimes that line can be blurred.

Interest groups have a long history of usually trying to control the narrative of an ideology/movement from within, effectively making the group and the movement one and the same.
If people are not cautious of these at the onset, the leadership of these groups can become too powerful and at this point it's already too late (well except the movement itself breaks down).

Both you and CoolUsername are insinuating that the BLM organisation are becoming or have become inseparable from the movement such that support for one is essentially support for the other which I am categorically calling bullocks. The dynamics of the movement have gone beyond the direct handling or influence of the BLM organisation. Take the Seattle CHAZ/CHOP for example, the BLM organisation is not in charge there, it is purely a community effort.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
LordReed:

Anyone who speaks out against the organization, or even just the violence, looting, and mayhem being caused the movement gets harassed, their employers get harassed, their show's sponsors get harassed to drop them. Joseph Stalin couldn't be more proud.

CHAZ is not a part of the organization but is definitely a part of the movement. People were afraid to speak out against that until they killed two unarmed black teenagers.

An eight year old girl was killed by BLM protesters the other day. Yet, Terry Crews was still called a race traitor for telling people to reel in the extremism.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I know a subversive organization when I see one.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by LordReed(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2020
CoolUsername:

Anyone who speaks out against the organization, or even just the violence, looting, and mayhem being caused the movement gets harassed, their employers get harassed, their show's sponsors get harassed to drop them. Joseph Stalin couldn't be more proud.

CHAZ is not a part of the organization but is definitely a part of the movement. People were afraid to speak out against that until they killed two unarmed black teenagers.

An eight year old girl was killed by BLM protesters the other day. Yet, Terry Crews was still called a race traitor for telling people to reel in the extremism.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I know a subversive organization when I see one.

1. What has any of this got to do with the BLM organisation?

2. I can't find any news for Terry Crews being called a race traitor. Care to post a link?
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CAPSLOCKED: 8:12am On Jul 10, 2020
BLACK LIVES MATTER ONLY WHEN A BLACK PERSON IS KILLED BY THE POLICE.
IN THE US ALONE, EVERY YEAR, HUNDREDS OF BLACK GIRLS ARE MOLESTED BY BLACKS. HUNDREDS OF BLACK MEN ARE KILLED BY BLACKS. HUNDREDS OF BLACK ON BLACK CRIMES HAPPEN BUT IT'S SEEN AS A LIFESTYLE.

THIS BLM MOVEMENT IS COMPLETELY HYPOCRITICAL. SEE HOW IT ATTRACTS MORE DUNDERHEADS FROM OTHER BLACK NATIONS INCLUDING NIGERIA?

BLACKS DON'T ACCEPT, LOVE AND CARE FOR THEMSELVES BUT WANT OTHERS TO LOVE, ACCEPT AND CARE FOR THEM.
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME. THE REST WILL ALWAYS TREAT US THE WAY WE TREAT OURSELVES.
LIKE SHĮT.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by sapientia(m): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
IN THE US ALONE, EVERY YEAR, HUNDREDS OF BLACK GIRLS ARE MOLESTED BY BLACKS. HUNDREDS OF BLACK MEN ARE KILLED BY BLACKS. HUNDREDS OF BLACK ON BLACK CRIMES HAPPEN BUT IT'S SEEN AS A LIFESTYLE.

THIS BLM MOVEMENT IS COMPLETELY HYPOCRITICAL. SEE HOW IT ATTRACTS MORE DUNDERHEADS FROM OTHER BLACK NATIONS INCLUDING NIGERIA?

BLACKS DON'T ACCEPT, LOVE AND CARE FOR THEMSELVES BUT WANT OTHERS TO LOVE, ACCEPT AND CARE FOR THEM.
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME. THE REST WILL ALWAYS TREAT US THE WAY WE TREAT OURSELVES.
LIKE SHĮT.

If you check all my posts, I don't even bother with it.

Blacks with victim mentality always.

Rubbish.

Imagine attacking people saying All lives matter.

The movement is just a selfish self gratifying scam.

Yup... I said it.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
missjo:

Tags/movements have always been disturbing. Too many moving parts makes it hard for them to maintain cohesiveness and uniformity of purpose and vision.

I don't need to belong to a BLM movement to know that black lives matter, just as all lives should.

I don't need to belong to a feminist movement to know that women's rights matter, just as every human's right should.

Etc. Etc.

Way to go, my sister! cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11900787_blmunbiblical_jpeg0ed169837b37d89f9aa6a4f51f103fae

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
LordReed:

1. What has any of this got to do with the BLM organisation?

2. I can't find any news for Terry Crews being called a race traitor. Care to post a link?

You're asking me what the violence that takes place during BLM protests have to do with the BLM organization? Is that a trick question?

The Terry Crews thing happened on Twitter, I don't think there was a New York Times op-ed calling him that.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

LIKE SHĮT.

Based
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

LIKE SHĮT.

Agreed. Many of them don't even know what they are getting themselves involved in they just know that they are protesting.

1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by LordReed(m): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
CoolUsername:

You're asking me what the violence that takes place during BLM protests have to do with the BLM organization? Is that a trick question?

The Terry Crews thing happened on Twitter, I don't think there was a New York Times op-ed calling him that.

You mentioned violence that took place in the Seattle CHOP, an area that the BLM organisation doesn't have control over so yes I am asking you what it has to do with them.

The Terry Crews twitter controversy I saw was about him tweeting that black liberation without white people is black supremacy. I didn't see anything about him being called a race traitor for condemning violence.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by jamesid29(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
LordReed:

Both you and CoolUsername are insinuating that the BLM organisation are becoming or have become inseparable from the movement such that support for one is essentially support for the other which I am categorically calling bullocks. The dynamics of the movement have gone beyond the direct handling or influence of the BLM organisation. Take the Seattle CHAZ/CHOP for example, the BLM organisation is not in charge there, it is purely a community effort.
I'm guessing you missed the point I was making, but it's fine sir
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by LordReed(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
jamesid29:

I'm guessing you missed the point I was making, but it's fine sir

I am open to learning your point.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
LordReed:

You mentioned violence that took place in the Seattle CHOP, an area that the BLM organisation doesn't have control over so yes I am asking you what it has to do with them.

They are a part of the movement, they carved out their autonomous zone during the BLM protests. They painted a gigantic black lives matter mural on the street leading to it's entrance. To pretend that they have nothing to do with BLM is highly disingenuous.

LordReed:

The Terry Crews twitter controversy I saw was about him tweeting that black liberation without white people is black supremacy. I didn't see anything about him being called a race traitor for condemning violence.

And they called him an Uncle Tom, a coon, and a race traitor. He went on Don Lemon's show where he talked about discrimination and racism from the black community, cultural issues, and the fact that BLM rioters shot and killed and 8-year-old girl only for him to be told that BLM is only concerned with police brutality. This is an organization that claims that they want to dismantle to current ""oppressive"" economic system on their official website.

Why are they so duplicitous about their ideals and goals? Do they want to install their own Marxist government or do they just want to reduce police brutality? Do they want to abolish the police or just reform it? If they want equality for all like they claim on their website, then why do they associate with anti-semites?
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by budaatum: 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
Cambridge University Press are offering complete books to download and educate yourself regarding race, protests & civil rights.

These are available for free until 12 July 2020. There is quite a selection!

Check out and forward to those you think would benefit / be interested ��

https://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/journals/protests-policing-and-race#

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by LordReed(m): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
CoolUsername:

They are a part of the movement, they carved out their autonomous zone during the BLM protests. They painted a gigantic black lives matter mural on the street leading to it's entrance. To pretend that they have nothing to do with BLM is highly disingenuous.

You obviously don't know how to separate the movement from the organisation. The Seattle CHOPS is not run by the BLM organization so why you continue to attribute the events there to the BLM organization is beyond me.

And they called him an Uncle Tom, a coon, and a race traitor. He went on Don Lemon's show where he talked about discrimination and racism from the black community, cultural issues, and the fact that BLM rioters shot and killed and 8-year-old girl only for him to be told that BLM is only concerned with police brutality. This is an organization that claims that they want to dismantle to current ""oppressive"" economic system on their official website.

Why are they so duplicitous about their ideals and goals? Do they want to install their own Marxist government or do they just want to reduce police brutality? Do they want to abolish the police or just reform it? If they want equality for all like they claim on their website, then why do they associate with anti-semites?

You really don't know the difference between the movement and the organization and apparently neither does Terry Crews.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

LIKE SHĮT.
Yeah,just like Southerners should stop complaining about Fulani herdsmen since more of our homicides occur at our hands or OLAADEGBU and like-minded xtians should stop complaining about jihadists attacks on xtians since the usual xtian on xtian crimes claims more of their lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
sapientia:

If you check all my posts, I don't even bother with it.

Blacks with victim mentality always.

Rubbish.

Imagine attacking people saying All lives matter.

The movement is just a selfish self gratifying scam.

Yup... I said it.
Is the movement about attacking people,stop saying nonsense.
In many such large movements there will always be some miscreants using it as an opportunity to commit crime.
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by CoolUsername: 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
LordReed:

You obviously don't know how to separate the movement from the organisation. The Seattle CHOPS is not run by the BLM organization so why you continue to attribute the events there to the BLM organization is beyond me.

You really don't know the difference between the movement and the organization and apparently neither does Terry Crews.

When the movement initiated by an organization leads to something good, it looks good for the organization. When it doesn't, it has nothing to do with the organization. Sounds like every organized religion in existence.

These protests are scheduled and organized by specifically by the organization but when they devolve into rioting and violence, people try to absolve the organization of all responsibility.

But since you know enough about BLM to gatekeep who is a part of it it not. Let me know what the goals of this organization are. Why did black people burn down and loot their own communities? For what cause was the little girl killed? Why are we promoting mass gatherings during a global pandemic when people who were protesting for the reopening of businesses were vilified?
Re: This Is Why The Official Black Lives Matter Statement Is So Disturbing by sapientia(m): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Is the movement about attacking people,stop saying nonsense.
In many such large movements there will always be some miscreants using it as an opportunity to commit crime.

Who told you black lives don't matter before?

Large movements for blacks

That's racism

Every life matter.

Blacks kill blacks daily

(1) (2) (Reply)

G.O.A.T. Movie: Son Of God - How The Logos Devolved For Humanity. / Semi-atheism or Deism / How Do You Know That You Arent In A Machine Simulating Reality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.