Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? (4706 Views)

Help!! I Finished Answering All My Jamb Questions Today, But Was Logged Out / Help!! I Finished Answering All My Jamb Questions Today, But I Didn’t Sumbit / 17 Things That May Cease To Exist In 2030 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by chukemmang(m): 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
According to numerous scientific accounts, our planet has experienced series of ice ages. Ice Ages are time periods when the entire surface of our planet was covered with ice, leaving the entire planet extremely cold.

It might be understandable how some warm blooded animals might somehow survive an ice age but it will definitely be impossible for cold blooded animals (reptile's) like snakes to survive.

In the present world we live in today, countries like Greenland and Ireland do not have snakes because they are very cold. So how on earth did snakes survive the ice age's?

I hate snakes, I don't know why God created them, I don't know why God still allowed them exist even though it was impossible for them to have survived through time.

8 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2020
History is a LIE and a HOAX

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Vyzz: 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
One of the loopholes in science....

I thought people say God doesn't exist since Bible has loopholes.....

History is so raggy that alot of what we believe now are just compiled lies

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by sonofthunder: 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
chukemmang:
According to numerous scientific accounts, our planet has experienced series of ice ages. Ice Ages are time periods when the entire surface of our planet was covered with ice, leaving the entire planet extremely cold.

It might be understandable how some warm blooded animals might somehow survive an ice age but it will definitely be impossible for cold blooded animals (reptile's) like snakes to survive.

In the present world we live in today, countries like Greenland and Ireland do not have snakes because they are very cold. So how on earth did snakes survive the ice age's?

I hate snakes, I don't know why God created them, I don't know why God still allowed them exist even though it was impossible for them to have survived through time.

Nice one op.... Though science has numerous ways of explaining themselves around this such as stating that the entire earth wasn't exactly covers by said ice. Science has its limitations but most scientists try not to admit them

6 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2020
educate yourself on HIBERNATION... unless you believe that all snakes die in the winter and miraculously appear from the sky in the summer.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2020
Vyzz:
One of the loopholes in science....

I thought people say God doesn't exist since Bible has loopholes.....

History is so raggy that alot of what we believe now are just compiled lies

It's so sad people like you still believe in a story book that depicts snakes as " talking reptiles"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by rottennaija(m): 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
chukemmang:

Probably the ice didn't cover the entire earth. Probably its covered a significant portion not the entire earth. Whatever the case, we do not enough historical data to say for sure

3 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by SKhanmi: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
Scientists postulating about periods they weren't physically present to evaluate. Educated guesswork. Even the flood didn't wipe out all life.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by chukemmang(m): 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
educate yourself on HIBERNATION... unless you believe that all snakes die in the winter and miraculously appear from the sky in the summer.

Unfortunately you missed the part I mentioned that in present day, countries like Ireland and Iceland still don't have snakes upon them. What does your hibernation have to say about this? So your snakes on Ireland and Iceland are hibernating for hundreds of years?

I'm sure we have documented history of Ireland and Iceland for hundreds of years.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by illicit(m): 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
chukemmang:

lala would not find this topic funny. If you pursue all the snakes then you get to bring something that can make him dance like dis

8 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
chukemmang:
Unfortunately you missed the part I mentioned that in present day, countries like Ireland and Iceland still don't have snakes upon them. What does your hibernation have to say about this? So your snakes on Ireland and Iceland are hibernating for hundreds of years?

I'm sure we have documented history of Ireland and Iceland for hundreds of years.

do i really have to point it out to you?! Ireland, Iceland and Greenland are ISLANDS which have NO NATIVE species of snakes., and the only snakes you would find there is the ones that have been imported. whats next?! asking why there are no polar bears in Nigeria?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
xxxtedyxxx:

It's so sad people like you still believe in a story book that depicts snakes as " talking reptiles"
And you think people do not have the right to believe what they want to?

9 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Vyzz: 12:08am On Jul 10, 2020
xxxtedyxxx:

Brother me....

U haven't said anything yet.... But mocking me....

8 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Judybash93(m): 4:20am On Jul 10, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

He never made mention of rights.. Of course, people have the right to believe in anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by ednut1(m): 4:32am On Jul 10, 2020
chukemmang:

"Maintaining a high level of biodiversity is important to all life on Earth, including humans, and snakes are an important part of that biodiversity. ... Without them the numbers of prey species would increase to unnatural levels and the predators that eat snakes struggle to find food"

the world today doesn't have a uniform weather so why would it be same during Ice age there is no documented history of ice age in most of Africa from paintings and objects found. so snakes go surely dey

4 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Ekemeze: 5:54am On Jul 10, 2020

9 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by phemmyfour: 6:18am On Jul 10, 2020
chukemmang:

Snake is a lovely creature created by God to balance the food chain. Without snakes, their predators that depend on it for food will go hungry and the prey population that snakes feed on will increase

3 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by emmy512: 6:38am On Jul 10, 2020
Everything get use, even the saliva you pour for ground.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:52am On Jul 10, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

You can start believing superman and spidermsn real bro.

las las, we go dey alright.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Iamsane: 7:04am On Jul 10, 2020
chukemmang:

Nah ITK dey worry am.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Gmajor(m): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

You could do with a bit of education yourself.
Snakes Technically don't hibernate.
Also, how long do you think an Ice Age lasts? A few months?

5 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Haywhymido(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2020
embarassed
Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by APOPTOSIS: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2020
Extinction..!!
My Wife no go gree ooo.
She Loves Snakes
Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Tocynone(m): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2020
SKhanmi:
Scientists postulating about periods they weren't physically present to evaluate. Educated guesswork. Even the flood didn't wipe out all life.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/04/us/life-on-earth-wiped-out-2-billion-years-scn-trnd/index.html?no-st=9999999999

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Kennyking1234: 9:14am On Jul 10, 2020
Technically its impossible for humans to exist to day but we still do...
Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by michlins(m): 9:31am On Jul 10, 2020
Ekemeze:
Nice one Op.

that was some critical thinking. but trust me scientist will surely manoeuvre through your question and may likely ended up confusing you the more. Avoid atheists on nairaland, they won't answer your questions without insulting you and also make u feel less of a human. FLEE!! There are toxic.

It's safe and better to believe that there's a creator. HE made all things, good or bad for reason(s).

Afterall, you will lose absolutely nothing at the end of the day if u discover that there was no creator, but imagine meeting someone after death, and he claim to be your maker, meanwhile u didn't believe in his existence when you were alive. Lol.

No atheist should quote me.

GOD'S ALIVE!
seriously. Imagine dying as a Christian and you realize that Buhda is the one true God and you didn't worship him when you were alive

3 Likes

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by mytime24(f): 9:32am On Jul 10, 2020
I hate snakes too
Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by Elimon(m): 10:09am On Jul 10, 2020
Someone's important peppersoup meat should have not survived?Haba na
Do u know for many years human ancestors survived on eating creeps...including snakes

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:29am On Jul 10, 2020
chukemmang:

Ice Age does not mean that the entire planet would be covered with ice. There will still be warmer regions, although not for many stretches. Cold blooded animals always had refugia in warmer regions of the planet.

Evolution can explain. What our ancestors survived millions of years ago may kill us today. Study natural selection to better understand my point.

Like I wrote earlier, Ice Age does not mean the whole planet will be covered with ice.

Snakes are actually beautiful creatures.

1 Like

Re: It Is Impossible For Snakes To Exist Today But How Come They Still Exist? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2020
Judybash93:

He never made mention of rights.. Of course, people have the right to believe in anything
No he didn't, but his comment doesn't seem to translate to having the right believe in Go, a god or something.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Postpones NEC Meeting As Former President, Festus Iyayi Dies In Auto Crash / All Gtb Bank User Should Take Note Of This / Hey! Hilarious And Refreshing Wildlife Images [photos]❤️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.