Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE (60813 Views)

Correction Of Date Of Birth On WASSCE Result. / 'Leaked Mathematics Question Paper': WAEC Reacts / WAEC Reacts To Increment Of Registration Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by uchrikk(m): 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2020
SirWarlock:
Bruv this is Nigeria where nothing really works. The US is in a very bad shape concerning the pandemic so we shouldn't really compare to them. And trump is the only one really pushing for schools to reopen even though many health experts are cautioning against that. He even wants to cdc to change their guidelines sad. Now Nigeria? How are you going to reopen when those students are being exposed to corona is a hoax? How about WAEC shenanigans? School outbreaks happens, how will necessary steps be mobilised? US can risk it and open schools knowing they have the capacity to handle it(and it hasn't worked well for them).

I don't know if you've seen abuad's advert concerning reopening of their uni, tell me the remaining 200+ in the country can do half of that.

All the worries you expressed here are the reasons why Nigeria's pledge ends with "So help me God". Yout comment presupposes that the children are all at their homes right now observing all the safety measures; which is not true. Despite going out every day and mixing up with people, nobody is even testing them for COVID19 and they are still alive.
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by Mires: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
This is a case of when Nigeria pollute, West African countries say "Thank you Sir". If you no go, you no go know
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by lereinter(m): 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
When a country is run by a cow

Irresponsible decisions will be taken always
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by Alexaonfleek: 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Probity100:

I thought you would face me but unfortunately, you were looking back while "talking" grin

I have teenagers at home and understand how they relate perfectly. Even when they are in the midst of friends.

Back to points; WAEC does not have the capacity to fund the provision of madatory requirments to prevent COVID-19 but instead rely on schools to provide such. Which means, those health requirements will not be available in most exam centres.

Election campaign is optional for members Even voting is optional. If I dont feel safe, I may decide not to vote. But WAEC is mandatory for these teaming teenagers who would just want to write much awaited exam (in High Spirit) without COVID-19 thought in their minds.

Do you have to get them infected because "they can recover quickly". I have to quote that because it is based on assumption that such age have active immune system. But really, if you follow CNN and other news channel you will agree that there is another version of COVID-19 rampant in children (I cant remember the specific now). So, the virus is vast more than you envisaged.

Two WHO certified virological Research companies have started human trials two weeks ago, hoping to come out with result by August ending. And there are other companies too coming up their results before October and on and on like that.

COVID-19 is deadlier than you think but is not a dead sentence if you follow social distancing rule, use your face mask, wash your hands and avoid crowds.

STAY SAFE!!!!

There may be another strain of covid in children,but they're still recovering quickly and a good number of them are asymptomatic too.
Thank God you said you have teenagers around you. smiley
Most of them are still interacting with their friends.....either when they go out to play ball or during private lessons.
If you've gone to any Lagos market say since May,you'd see that this whole lockdown is just a scam.
Parents will go to market or work and will come back and have contact with their children,even sometimes parents send their teenagers to buy foodstuffs in markets.
The same market that people will touch each other anyhow.

You made a point about waec not being able to fund the mandatory requirements for covid19 safety precautions...
It won't take millions of naira to provide face masks(which the candidates should even have already) hand sanitizers,provide points where the candidates can wash their hands,face shields for invigilators..
The schools too would also provide funds for safety requirements for both teachers and students.
Social distancing is hardly a problem in an exam Hall,compared to the places where election would hold.
They can even put out their chairs and tables to write the exam an an open field too.
In election,you'd have people jamming bodies together when they're trying to form a queue,and it's even more harder controlling adults than teenagers.
Edo state alone has about 2.5 million registered voters,and you can be sure that a good number of them will come out to vote on election day,covid19 or not.
Plus the rallies and campaigns that will hold before the election where people will disobey the social distancing rules.

My point is that there's nothing stopping wassce from happening.
With the right social distancing rules and safety precautions,these waec candidates will be fine.

And I really hope to God that the vaccine would be out like you said before the end of the year.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by calebify1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2020
loneprof:

Not everyone here is worthy of attention bro... Too many oversabi who know nothing.

Lol.. His comment just surprised me ohh.
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by calebify1(m): 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2020
The truth is come next year covid 19 will still keep ravaging the world. It is very deadly.

The question is what is our government even doing to manage it and things get back running a bit. They can't lock down schools and other things for a whole year. Other sane climates are already taking covid as part of the system and taking proper precautions to open up things.

Our government as seen this as an excuse to dodge the real issue.
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by Clothingonline9(m): 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
Best place to buy quality men clothing online at affordable price and Nationwide delivery
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
SmartProf:
All these O levels examinations are no longer credible in recent times. So much malpractice goes on, yet they just want to keep conducting them year in year out without any quality assurance. My suggestion is to allow universities run A - level or pre-degree programmes for one year for students who will miss out on O-levels exams, to enable them gain Nigerian tertiary institutions admissions. We can always conduct NECO at our convenience when the current public health situation improves. When the effect of the pandemic is adjudged less critical, students who are still interested can register for WAEC at their convenience any other year.

In saner climes, your well thought-out suggestions will reach the minds of competent officials who will make the right changes

1 Like

Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by akezn: 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
I am still trying to understand the reason for the WAEC cancelation because the children whom the government say they are trying to protect are not on lockdown at home. Their parents go to market and work everyday in a city like Lagos for example where people no longer obey even the simplest guideline of using face mask. They come back from work and still interact with these children.

If these same children can go out to visit friends, go to the market, places of worship in some states, play football, hangout, why cant they write their exams with of course strict adherence to safety precautions.

All I see is a government that is irresponsible and bereft of ideas especially because they dont want to spend money on their own schools. They will spend billions of naira to conduct elections, and even more to campaign, but they cannot spend anything to decontaminate schools for students to write exams.

Does the government have any plan on ground incase this pandemic continues in the next two years? The answer is NO.

With the way they are going, I dont see schools resuming in the next 3 years if they cannot even handle only the exam classes.
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by Asher79: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
SmartProf:
All these O levels examinations are no longer credible in recent times. So much malpractice goes on, yet they just want to keep conducting them year in year out without any quality assurance. My suggestion is to allow universities run A - level or pre-degree programmes for one year for students who will miss out on O-levels exams, to enable them gain Nigerian tertiary institutions admissions. We can always conduct NECO at our convenience when the current public health situation improves. When the effect of the pandemic is adjudged less critical, students who are still interested can register for WAEC at their convenience any other year.

Suggesting that universities should conduct pre-degree or A'Level programs is tantamount to putting the cart before the horse. No one qualifies to do a pre-degree program in a university without possessing the O'Level certificate.
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by gawu1: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
lereinter:

When a country is run by a cow

Irresponsible decisions will be taken always

When a pig was there between 2010 and 2015 what positive impact did he make? The ineffectual buffoon even openly declared that stealing was not corruption.
What is even irresponsible decision that we are talking about here?
Irresponsible decisions by our leaders predate this era, but children of hates will want everybody to believe it is today's issue.
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by Sirlancelot(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
SirWarlock:
Did China record 2k+ cases week by week? Do they perform 2k tests daily? How about their contact tracing? China has moved past a lot of countries. If school outbreaks start happening where will our government start from when they're still struggling now sad
So basically our lives should be stagnated because of Corona who is not lethal in Nigeria.Do you stay in Lagos?Do you know what pandemic is really is?US alone suffer over 100k plus death due to Corona Pandemic, can you rate that to Nigeria context?
See ,we are just deceiving ourselves in this part of the world. The virus is real,accept,but not so lethal in this part of this world.I ply Oshodi to Ipaja everyday,literally amazed at how hoax the pandemic might be in the long run because of the maddening hustles and bustle going on every day,if it's really pandemic,a lot of people would have dropped dead by now on the street.See mate,These at the helm of our affairs are cashing out big time on this,reason for this funny cancellation up and down.Corona has come to stay,let's move on with our lives .

1 Like

Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by Enemyofpeace: 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
Na people like seunmohmoh funjosh mynd44 eleko1 Vickyrotex iyangbali babangbali and fatymore wey dey take hold age write WAEC I just dey pity
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by shekauvsbuhari: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
kevwemike:
*Food For Thought*

*1,590,173 sat for WAEC in 2019. In 2020, it will probably be something around that figure.*

*These boys and girls will not write WAEC this year (2020) because of COVID.*

*Edo State has 2,210,534 registered voters, while Ondo State has 1,822,346. Combined, both States have 4,032,880 Registered Voters.*

*Elections will hold in both States this same year (2020) in spite of COVID.*

*Examination arrangements can be better optimized to enforce safety necessities; it will take ten times the effort to keep a polling unit orderly and safe.*

*A country's future can be deduced from how its leaders set priorities.*
When we are being ruled by northerners who have little or no interest in education but power-grabbing. Minister-of-state said that Waec will hold, few days later gworo-chewing senior minister over-ruled him. However states are free to take Waec exams if they so wish. The minister's assertion is binding on only federal schools. I pray the governors can grow balls and call their bluff.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by WelcomeToBiafra: 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2020
Joshmodest:
Let's be candid here ...
it's quite laughable and demeaning that as a country we can't operate online schools in 2020 , but even worse that our government is not capable of organizing a successful exam for Ss 3 students alone ...
This gratuitous move by the minister is not a surprise though , to many of us ( sensible nigerians) .obviously his children aren't affected , so he can play sudoku with the lives of others ....
These pretentious sentiment some people share of likening this pandemic to a war , is really nothing but pure hammy ...it's a big issue but nothing Close to a war , where we have to put our lives on airplane modes and wait for us to die ....
To think that elections , with all the brouhaha that comes with it is still holding ...shows how persnickety our leaders are !!
Well parents and students in Nigeria , knowing the inexactitude mannerism of our government , just brace up cos with the way this pandemic is going and no vaccine in sight , I doubt this country would write this waec in 2022!!

A so called Nigeria that can't even conduct common SS 3 examination, is it not supposed to be dismantled/demolished by now if so called Niggareans youths have sense?

The painful thing is that, fulani Islamic jidhadist at aim of affairs don't give a damn about the zoo people. How are Niggerians going to cast their votes?

1 Like

Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by WelcomeToBiafra: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
akezn:
I am still trying to understand the reason for the WAEC cancelation because the children whom the government say they are trying to protect are not on lockdown at home. Their parents go to market and work everyday in a city like Lagos for example where people no longer obey even the simplest guideline of using face mask. They come back from work and still interact with these children.

If these same children can go out to visit friends, go to the market, places of worship in some states, play football, hangout, why cant they write their exams with of course strict adherence to safety precautions.

All I see is a government that is irresponsible and bereft of ideas especially because they dont want to spend money on their own schools. They will spend billions of naira to conduct elections, and even more to campaign, but they cannot spend anything to decontaminate schools for students to write exams.

Does the government have any plan on ground incase this pandemic continues in the next two years? The answer is NO.

With the way they are going, I dont see schools resuming in the next 3 years if they cannot even handle only the exam classes.

Niggarea is a failed British corrupt company. Niggarea that can't even conduct a simple online voting for adults voters, is it supposed to be a country?
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by DelphiOracle(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
Pavore9:
Kenya on Tuesday officially cancelled the academic year of both their primary and secondary school system, Those who were to sit for their secondary school admissions examination in October and those exiting secondary school education who were to sit for their secondary school leaving certificate exams in November are not going to sit for them any more this year as every kid in primary and secondary school will start all over again in January and repeat their classes.
as if covid 19 will not be there January
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by VicM6: 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
Pavore9:
Kenya on Tuesday officially cancelled the academic year of both their primary and secondary school system, Those who were to sit for their secondary school admissions examination in October and those exiting secondary school education who were to sit for their secondary school leaving certificate exams in November are not going to sit for them any more this year as every kid in primary and secondary school will start all over again in January and repeat their classes.
And the parents go pay anoda sch fees bah.... it's ok
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by lereinter(m): 10:00pm On Jul 10, 2020
gawu1:

When a pig was there between 2010 and 2015 what positive impact did he make? The ineffectual buffoon even openly declared that stealing was not corruption.
What is even irresponsible decision that we are talking about here?
Irresponsible decisions by our leaders predate this era, but children of hates will want everybody to believe it is today's issue.

A pig ran before, now a cow has taken over. What an animal kingdom.

Children of hate knows that irresponsibility should halt with a true leader in place, leadership yardstick shouldn't be guaged by the failure of predecessor

Are a buhari supporter?
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by International28: 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
HappyNigerian:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/402077-waec-reacts-to-nigerias-embargo-on-wassce.html

The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, is a complete disappointment to Nigerians! His pronouncement is based on his selfish interest. His unilateral declaration is not approved by the Federal Executive Council. He has even contradicted PTF on COVID'19 earlier position on schools' resumption. Is Adamu Adamu more than the Federal Government of Nigeria?
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by chisani(m): 12:40am On Jul 11, 2020
Adamu the cattle rearer was fortunate to be appointed as the minister of education. everything is okay.
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by chisani(m): 12:44am On Jul 11, 2020
Literacy is not education, literacy just means via which education can be achieved.. Gurukara education system emphasizes Spiritual development over literacy development... Wetin Gandhi no go see for India... Even Lord Thomas introduced English and Modern education in 1️⃣8️⃣3️⃣0️⃣ sugbon ko joooo . Indian yato from others.... ����❤️✅
The crystal ball visibility is not in doubt... Success and failure start from uninformed decisions... Omoge je ka lo fellowship in the house of the brethren...�❤️� Magu is Gooner, Malami is running the affairs, Adamu Adamu valued cattle-rearing than Education, and Buhari is not in touch with reality. ����⚽
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by peeps4u: 6:43am On Jul 11, 2020
SmartProf:

You gave this submission as though WAEC is cancelled because it is faulty. The cause if the cancellation is the pandemic. How do we cancel waec because of pandemic and conduct NeCO or any level or predegree exams when the pandemic, which is the cause of the cancellation, is still ravaging?
Re: WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE by domopps(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
But election in Edo and Ondo states would hold

You were warned

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: A Teacher Punishing Some Students For Noise Making / See magnified images of everyday items that will shock you / How To Check The 2013/2014 UTME Jamb Result Online Using A Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.