Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,212 members, 7,860,360 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

Is Benin City Safe? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Benin City Safe? (1404 Views)

Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria / FG Says Asaba Airport Not Safe / Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Benin City Safe? by plappville(f): 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2011
As an origin of delta state, Warri born and brought up.
But living abroad and planing to visit home with My three kids.

Although this is nt My first Time, is just that Hubby and his parents are really scared about news hère and then on Tele how kidnappers do kidnappe whites in Portharcourt, Bayelsa, Warri, Lagos and so on.

Thé last Time i visites Nigeria with My two kids was in Warri, i had to stay in a very expensive but secured hôtel but then My mother inlaw couldn't ve rest of mind for the one month i stayed. She even fell sick Times without number so i wouldnt want it to repeat.

I do nt ve a choice because i ve to visit My family bk home.
I choosed Benin city as it is not too far from warri but i dont know if they still do kidnapping stuff there.
My kids security matters alot. Plz CAN anyone tell me if there is any of such thing in Benin?
your advice Will be appreciated thank u.
Re: Is Benin City Safe? by shakers(m): 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2011
@poster,
well if because of Kidnappings you cannot stay in warri, i think you would be better off in lagos because benin city has because home to Kidnappers of recent, there has been a lot of commercial kidnappings going on in the city, but i still think if you get a nice hotel and dont allow your whitees stay out late, i think you will be safe just dont draw unnecessary attention to yourself and since you wont be staying long enough for anyone to notice you, you will be ok,
Abi you come dey fear to come your home again, home is home oh no matter where you go in life lol

(1) (Reply)

A Lawyer From The Italian Embassy Came For Verification At My Residence / Pictures: Africa’s First Underwater Hotel Room Opens In Zanzibar / Nigerian Citizenship By Registration For Foreigner Married To A Nigerian Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.