Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? (14961 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by londoner: 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2007
Does anyone know of safe clean hotels/guesthouses near Lagos airport?

Its just for a stopover and must be safe.
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by jacq(f): 2:04pm On Nov 14, 2007
Eko hotel maybe !
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by Tats(m): 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2007
Distance of Eko hotel is a far cry from the airport, since it is in Victoria Island. Sheraton Ikeja is your safest bet if you've got a large budget.

If you are under a smaller budget and looking for a good place, I would suggest you try Westown inn off Toyin street, Ikeja. Its about 6 minutes from the domestic airport and 12 minutes from the international airport (on a good day). http://www.westowninn.com/home.htm

1 Like

Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by anusule(m): 7:02pm On Nov 14, 2007
hmm big boy! stopover! dem go fear.lol

sheraton is better
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by henrey(m): 12:08am On Nov 15, 2007
anusule,how much is for a night in sheraton?
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by Tats(m): 12:44am On Nov 15, 2007
henrey:

anusule,how much is for a night in sheraton?

About $380 per night for an average room.
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by funkybaby(f): 7:59am On Nov 15, 2007
@ topic
I personally recommend Lapal hotel. It is located on the airport road .ie. On the agao estate axis, nearly opposite the big mobil petrol station. About 5-10 minutes drive from the international airport. The hotel is safe,quiet and up to standard. I heard it is owned by a retired general.
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by funkybaby(f): 9:15am On Nov 15, 2007
@siena
Thank you my dear. How are you doing? Actually, I've been on 'sabbatical'. (apologises to akolawole). I have been busy with so many issues to sort out but am sure glad to be back.
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by babasin(m): 10:53am On Nov 15, 2007
Hotels in Lagos are terrible.

I was in sheraton paid N96,000 for a night and there was 'NEPA' outage every 20mins.

Was so bad, that I was scared of getting locked in the lift.

Also, the CC system is terrible. They use chip instead of swaping your card. The rooms are ok.

I was also in Eko Hotel; service is a bit better and cheaper but you need to get one of the rooms from 7th floor above. These are renovated and good view of Ocean. I paid N126,000 for two nights.

Also, there is 'Europcar'; service good. They pick you up and take you to hotel.

Conclusion:Lagos badly needs a cheap world-class hotel. Investor will make a killing. I heared Raddison will open in VI next year.
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by FLYBOY(m): 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2007
Hi all,
there are loads of "boutique hotels@ i.e smaller with loads of personalised service in an around the GRA IKEJA.
The SAVOY SUITES on Isaac John,The new PROTEA in maryland and ELOMAS hotel, both on Emmanuel Street, Maryland Ikeja.
Check RICHBETH andKNIGHTSBRIDGE on Emina Cresent off Toyin Steet. Theres also the Travel Inn on Toyin, a bit run down in my opinion, HILLCREST off OPEBI and of course TAMARIN on Adekunle Fajuyi, Ikeja GRA.

IMHO, the Sheraton is all hype.

FB cool
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by londoner: 10:24am On Nov 16, 2007
Guys, thanks so much, you have been so helpful.
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by leahluis09: 7:40am On Mar 15, 2010
Maybe you should go to Sheraton Lagos Hotel. It is near the Lagos Airport. By staying at this hotels, you can enjoy a warm day lounging by the outdoor pool or exploring the surrounding area. As evening falls, find comfort in the inviting atmosphere of our four fine restaurants. Connect over cocktails or a variety of Indian delicacies, Chinese dishes, or international fare. seo services.
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by morpheus24: 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2010
@ londoner

Sheraton is too expensive. Try House J. It is a nice boutique hotel and quite close to the airport.

Europcar at the airport know these hotels very well or you can schedule picup with them. I think they are going for 3O,000 naira a night for a nice room. You won't regret.

They have a website and here are some reviews as well

http://www.housej.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g304026-d633416-r43407402-House_J-Lagos_Lagos_State.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by snowdrops(m): 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2010
This thread must have the record for views to post ratio.

12 posts yet over 3000 views. Dont the others have no reasonable input or is the thread simply boring?
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by SkySpirit(m): 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2010
D Air Force Base has some lodging facilities @very affordable rates.
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by Rose4brain: 2:17am On Jun 04, 2010
I have been to Tamarin Hotel, 158, Adekunle Fajuyi Way, Ikeja-Lagos, when I visted Lagos on several occasions. It is very very closee to Lagos Airport
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by thameamead(f): 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by nortyd: 1:58pm On Feb 11, 2011
ive stayed at the knightsbridge hotel nice clean safe hotel around 40 pounds per night sorry i dont know how to convert to naira
i also stayed at the onishaga hotel
www.onishagahotels.com stayed 2 nights here about 30 pounds per night great night life and was very safe good power sources

id loved to stay at the miclara regency hotel
www.themiclararegencyhotel.com heard good reports about it
ive no intentionof spending silly money on hotel rooms
sooner spend it having fun with my husband smiley
Re: Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? by canuck2: 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Blue Lodge Hotel is the closest hotel to Lagos International terminal, only 300 metres away and it is SAFE and done to an International 4* Standard. Much more affordable than VI or Ikoyi. I recommend it as the best Airport Hotel in Lagos. Their website has prices and rates: www.bluelodgehotel.com.

(1) (Reply)

The Proposed Umueri International Cargo Airport: 8 Facts To Note / FG Makes Arrangements For Nigerians In Ukraine To Enter Hungary, Romania / Max Air, Azman Air Commence Flight Operations In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.