Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US (65448 Views)

Father Who Ran Into Burning House To Save Baby Twins Gets Burned Beyond Recognit / Anambra Widow Sleeps Outside After She Was Thrown Out Of Her Home By Relatives / 17-Year-Old Girl Rescues Her 3 Sisters From Burning House In Anambra (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by SonOfALion: 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
Phillip Blanks, a former college football player and ex-Marine, made the greatest catch of his life when he saved a child thrown from a burning building over the weekend.

[img]https://images./4e7E2cIfZxyVjuCfbo4ZRw.gif[/img]

A shocking video showed the moment Blanks caught a three-year-old boy thrown from the balcony of a burning apartment complex in Phoenix, Arizona, on July 3, right before he hit the ground, KABC reported.

"Instinct. There wasn't much thinking. I just reacted. I just did it," he told the station.

The 28-year-old said he was always raised with the mindset to serve others.

Blanks served in the U.S.
Marines and currently has a job in the security industry.

[img]https://images./1em3wthCsiO8T67790aJUZ.jpg[/img]

Philip Blanks

He also credits his time playing football as a wide receiver for Saddleback College in Mission Viejo as key to his personal growth.

"I know how to catch," he says. "I've learned how to catch a football. So I'll give some credit to football."

On the day of the fire he heard a lot of commotion outside of his building.

Then Blanks heard someone yell there was a fire, so he grabbed a few things and ran outside barefoot to check it out.

"He was twirling in the air like a propeller," Blanks said. "I just did my best. His head landed perfectly on my elbow. His ankle got twisted up as I was diving.
The guy who was there with me – it looked like he wasn't going to catch him.
So that's why I stepped in.
I just wanted to make a better catch."

While the child's life was saved, his 30-year-old mother died in the fire. Her final act was to fling her son to safety while she was already engulfed in flames.

"She's the real hero of the story." Blanks said.

"Because she made the ultimate sacrifice to save her children."

The boy's father was at work when the blaze broke out. Investigators are still investigating the cause of the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSoshSchUJI

https://www.breitbart.com/local/2020/07/08/video-ex-wide-receiver-catches-child-thrown-burning-building/

98 Likes 15 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Righteousness89(m): 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
All I have to Say!
Thank you JESUS for Saving that Child!

413 Likes 29 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Makavelli25: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
Rip to the mother Thanks to blanks
We go survive this year

135 Likes 11 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Authoreety: 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kudos man... Nice job..

3 Likes

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by GMBuhari: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2020
If he resists the urge to shalaye about his catching skills, maybe some good things will come his way

The african in france who climbed up 3 stories to save a dangling baby didn't say he was a palmwine tapper or a monkey

acknowledge the deed and receive the thanks with humility

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by robinso01(m): 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kudos to the man. Chelsea come sign this man to replace arizabalaga.

191 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by poshestmina(f): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
Rest in peace to the mother .

Same thing every mother in that condition would do without doubt.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by bukatyne(f): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
GMBuhari:
If he resists the urge to shalaye about his catching skills, maybe some good things will come his way

The african in france who climbed up 3 stories to save a dangling baby didn't say he was a palmwine tapper or a monkey

acknowledge the deed and receive the thanks with humility

One needs to learn to resist the urge to reject compliments and attribute it to something.

A good man is a blessing to the society.

God keep the child and console the father and everyone who would be affected by the death of the mother.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Ningen(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Oh her final moment was hell. cry

Engulfed in flames, frightened and in pain, the only coherent thought was to save her kids and not herself. This is love & only parents can give.

I'm heartbroken. Rest in peace brave woman.

327 Likes 26 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by thorpido(m): 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
So emotional.The mother too could have jumped.She might have lived though with some broken bones.

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by illicit(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2020
wow
Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
I saw the news on NBC and I was wowed. The guy did a good catch there.
Nothing can ever be compared to the love and sacrifices of mothers.

Everyone in that incident is a hero.

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2020

133 Likes 11 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Timbers(m): 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
All I have to Say!
Thank you JESUS for Saving that Child!
Stop giving another man's credit to christ it was the man who saved the child not christ so give credits according

53 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by merieam16(f): 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
tank God 4 life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Righteousness89(m): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2020
Timbers:
Stop giving another man's credit to christ it was the man who saved the child not christ so give credits according

Thanks to JESUS for your Life

162 Likes 15 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by VirginFinder: 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
Righteousness89:

Thanks to JESUS for your Llife

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Ishilove: 8:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
Oh my my my... A mother's instinct is the most powerful in creation. She was already burning, engulfed in flames and despite the unimaginably horrible pain she was going through, it was her child she was thinking of. cry cry

74 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
oh my!
Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by DEHVEHLOP(m): 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
This kind of bravery and kinsmanship is what we are trying to force on the Igbos. Especially those who have lived all their lives in their erosion ravaged villages...

They will charge you before doing anything.

Maka why na

5 Likes

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ahh. It is well
Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
God help the child to grow and do wonders to the glory of his name. Amen

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by BOOOMNAIJA: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
*Last night, i sent 5k to my girlfriend for her upkeep and she immediately used my picture as her whatsApp profile picture.*
*This morning i chatted her up with another number and asked her who was on her DP , she said it was her classmate that died of coronavirus*

*AFTER GOD FEAR WOMEN.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by Chirowman(m): 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
good of him
Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by BOOOMNAIJA: 9:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
U
Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by JosephXavier: 9:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
E
Re: A Man Caught A Baby Thrown Out Of A Burning House In Arizona, US by BOOOMNAIJA: 9:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
J

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naturally Determining The Sex Of Your Babies - By Francis Ewherido / My Mother-in-law Told Me Not To Touch My Wife / Bayelsa Man Shows His Two Wives On Facebook (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.