Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title (19282 Views)

Kamaru Usman Beats Colby Covington To Retain UFC Title / Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" (2) (3) (4)

President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by murecool(m): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari heartily congratulates Kamarudeen Usman on the successful defence of his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight title with an emphatic win over Jorge Masvidal.

As the first African-born and Nigerian UFC Champion, President Buhari commends the courageous fighter for finishing strong inside the octagon, proudly flying the green and white colours in distant lands, and reminding the world that good things and great people still come out of Nigeria.

While the global COVID-19 pandemic may have brought gloom to many families and nations, the President is delighted and gratified that our welterweight champion has lifted our spirits with another professional performance proving that things will surely get better at the fullness of time when we remain committed to our vision.

The President wishes Usman the very best and more victories in his career and prays that like fine wine, he improves with age.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
July 12, 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/buhari-congratulates-kamaru-usman-for-retaining-ufc-title/amp

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by LongLife4all: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
tongue

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
Thunder fire you buhari

Some big babies will still slide in my mention To call me names just watch, let’s go big babies

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
Which Buhari? Buhari that dont even know he exists.. Does he know the full meaning of UFC? I am sure he will be shocked by this news

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Cryomancer: 6:05am On Jul 13, 2020
The stars and talents will keep leaving the country and the government will keep congratulating them while making waves abroad, but they will never think of putting the country in order to retain and build the talents

Nigeria only recognizes the beauty of a finished product by other serious countries.

I'm sure if the Dude had stayed back in this dead country to pursue his career, nepotism and tribalism from the sports officials would have killed his dreams long ago.

36 Likes

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Becklynn(f): 6:05am On Jul 13, 2020
Yeye

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 13, 2020
Only Magu's looted N550bn is enough to set up UFC sport in Nigeria to fulfill more dreams, but the leaders never think that way, yet are always quick to claim glory.

Congrats kamaru..

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by ijaw1stson: 6:07am On Jul 13, 2020

See the people above cursing buhari. If your father was the one sitting on that seat, will u hurl insults at him?

Please nobody should quote me o

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by joviegghead: 6:07am On Jul 13, 2020
Hmm
There are so many things I wish to say but.......

Anyway, this shows he's attentive to happenings. Only if he can direct such attention to important issues like the threat of security and other local problems.
But what do I know?
Like someone once told me:'being president of one the the most populous countries in the world with track record of several shades of evil isn't easy'.

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by helinues: 6:08am On Jul 13, 2020

I hate eye service... Presidency congratulates Kamoru, that is quite better than using Buhari.

Wetin Bubari know about UFC title? undecided embarassed

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 13, 2020
I doubt our president knows him and what he does, but as long as someone in the presidency knows him, life goes on... cheesy

Big congrats to Usman. He is really strong, not much of a fanciful fighter but always gets the job done and quite consistent. He and Israel Adesanya are really making Naija proud in the UFC.

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by bummerex: 6:08am On Jul 13, 2020
smiles, sounds great tho
Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:09am On Jul 13, 2020
DAILY INSPIRATION:

*If you think whatever you're doing is useless, just remember Arsenal trains everyday*

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 13, 2020
cool[color=#770077][/color]i saw the fight he was relly lucky against the dangerous masvidal congrat to him
Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by whytediamond(m): 6:10am On Jul 13, 2020
I laugh o grin
Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by adebayo201: 6:10am On Jul 13, 2020
If it's fire outbreak or anything else now, baba go shock.
Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by MrWTF(m): 6:10am On Jul 13, 2020
Foolish man
Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by jubangha(m): 6:11am On Jul 13, 2020
Possiblegee:
Thunder fire you buhari
finishing da grin grin grin grin[color=#000000][/color]

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by kaludestiny10(m): 6:11am On Jul 13, 2020
Femi Adeshina is trying all his best to make the so called president relevant.

But no matter how hard his media aids tries to make Buhari relevant to Nigerians, I personally don't feel the impact of the so called president in the country. Its my personally opinion.

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by ieemmanuel(m): 6:12am On Jul 13, 2020
Possiblegee:
Thunder fire you buhari

Funny picture of our president in a nutshell but not funny!
Frankly speaking, I have come to realize, Nigerians think less of Buhari as a leader and more as a power drunk politician who crave to cling to power at all cost and an unapologetic tribalist..

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by rowland545(m): 6:12am On Jul 13, 2020
Make dem just allow make buhari and this guy fight...even if nah one round.

E get wetin I wan learn

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by SmartPolician: 6:13am On Jul 13, 2020
ijaw1stson:

See the people above cursing buhari. If your father was the one sitting on that seat, will u hurl insults at him?

Please nobody should quote me o

Keep quiet

Buhari knows that he doesn't know what he is doing. Just look at the spate of insecurity in his home state.

What's stopping him from honorably stepping down for a more capable hand like his Vice?

I even thought that Buhari was going to do that immediately after winning the election, but the old man has refused to step aside

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Chieftumb: 6:14am On Jul 13, 2020
Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Kingspin(m): 6:14am On Jul 13, 2020
Buhari government want to look relevant but they are not.

You send a soldier to the war front without assigning him a gun and bullet. Meanwhile, you ambushed and kill him already.

That is the story of a Nigerian soldier in Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Mokason28: 6:16am On Jul 13, 2020
President of the North by the North he has heard Kamari Usman and rushed to congratulate him... Was that how swiftly he moved to congratulate AJ ??
Buhari thunder fire you

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Makavelli25: 6:17am On Jul 13, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Which Buhari? Buhari that dont even know he exists.. Does he know the full meaning of UFC? I am sure he will be shocked by this news
Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by Golan007: 6:18am On Jul 13, 2020
Cryomancer:
The stars and talents will keep leaving the country and the government will keep congratulating them while making waves abroad, but they will never think of putting the country in order to retain and build the talents

Nigeria only recognizes the beauty of a finished product by other serious countries.

I'm sure if the Dude had stayed back in this dead country to pursue his career, nepotism and tribalism from the sports officials would have killed his dreams long ago.

Who killed your dreams?

Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by favour32(m): 6:19am On Jul 13, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Instead Adesina to tell us say him Adesina nai dey talk all those talk.
Buhari shock say Kamaru win....nai e come react for the victory....wetin we know how the man dey do.
Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by drey076(m): 6:19am On Jul 13, 2020
When he beats colby covington, a much tougher fight, the news didn't reach Nairaland front page nor congratulated by buhari
Re: President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title by grammarian247(m): 6:19am On Jul 13, 2020
I am an expert at Pearson Test of English (PTE) coaching. Contact me https:///+2348038999587

Nigeria's Basketball Team Denied Visa By Spanish Embassy Ahead Of Tournament / No Messi Or Ronaldo In Champions League Final For First Time Since 2013 / Aubameyang Makes History, Scores Hat-Tricks In EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga & LaLiga