Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,320 members, 7,853,479 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

THE BIBLE,...THE WORD OF GOD AND IT/HIM ALONE. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE BIBLE,...THE WORD OF GOD AND IT/HIM ALONE. (576 Views)

Is the Bible, the words of God or the words of men about God? / Bible The Biggest Liar And Contradiction ever produce In the History Of Man / Is Bible The Word of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE BIBLE,...THE WORD OF GOD AND IT/HIM ALONE. by HISservant: 7:19am On Feb 04, 2011
I greet you all, humbly, in the name of The Lord Jesus Christ/THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY,  (Deuteronomy 6:4)

The only authority on which we all should rely for everything is the infallible Word of GOD / The Holy Bible.  Anything outside of it cannot be trusted,  especially the words of men, (especially HIS "shepherds/preachers/messengers, including & especially myself),   "God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar"- Romans 3:4. Therefore, we read & check the Bible in humility, as little children ("And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3)

Not reading as though we know all based on pre-conceived notions falsely taught to us or on selfish desires,  that is creating a "graven image" or a "likeness" in heart thereof of a god that we want (Deuteronomy 4:23), not GOD ALMIGHTY who is The great I AM & Who reigns forever! For, "we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." [that is, comparing scripture with scripture] (1 Corinthians 2:12-14), "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Peter 1:20-21), and "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

With all this in mind, let us share the Word/(s) of GOD in love, humility and certainly in fear of The LORD GOD! 

Isaiah 66:2
"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word."

Acts 17:11-12
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.
Re: THE BIBLE,...THE WORD OF GOD AND IT/HIM ALONE. by Jenwitemi(m): 2:27pm On Feb 04, 2011
So you guys now worship the bible,ko? A mere book is what you guys now worship?
Re: THE BIBLE,...THE WORD OF GOD AND IT/HIM ALONE. by thehomer: 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2011
More words

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

- Deuteronomy 22: 28, 29

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

- Matthew 5: 17 - 20

11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

- 1 Timothy 2: 11, 12
Re: THE BIBLE,...THE WORD OF GOD AND IT/HIM ALONE. by HISservant: 8:11pm On Feb 04, 2011
neighbor, No contention/argument/strife, but in an attempt to shed some light on your question/comment - know this - There are many mysteries of The MOST HIGH GOD that men do not know, nor fully understand because we are finite beings, dust and shadow, but HE is infinite!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

The Word = The Lord Jesus Christ, The SON of the Living GOD, = the "mighty GOD", the "everlasting Father" (Isaiah 9:6). He & The Father (and the Holy Spirit of Truth/Grace), are ONE! - "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." 1 John 5:7

And the ONE GOD do we (or we/they that are truly HIS, HE knows them, ) worship & serve HIM in "Spirit" and in "Truth" (John 4:23-24).  "My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one." John 10:29-30

"Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"(John 14:9).

One of HIS/GOD's many hallowed names is ELOHIM (which is plural, yet GOD is one GOD and there is no GOD but HIM),  (Genesis 1:1-3 - "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. ),  verse 26 reads: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: " Note that "GOD created", "And GOD said", i.e., He spoke with HIS Word(s),  Note: "Let US",  "Our" - GOD is ONE GOD! we may not fully understand, but that doesn't change the truth/fact.

GOD created the worlds by HIS Word(s) = The Lord Jesus Christ
Ephesians 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

John 1: 1-5 & 14
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not,  - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
"

The Lord Jesus Christ is GOD!
Isaiah 7:14
"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

Matthew 1:23
"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

Isaiah 9:6
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Matthew 1:21
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.". Note below - The is no Savior besides GOD.

Isaiah 45:21
"Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me."

Acts 4:12
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Rev 1:7-8,18.
"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty, I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

The Holy Father honors and calls the Son "Son & God" and the Son honors and calls the Holy Father "Father & God",
Hebrews 1:7-8 (Father to the Son),
"And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom
."

Hebrews 10:4-8 (Son to the Father),
"For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God
"

Psalm 110:1 (King david under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit writes,  who is king David's Lord? = The Lord Jesus Christ, The SON, "mighty GOD"wink
"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

The written words of the Bible came from the mouth of GOD, via The Holy Spirit (GOD), penned by HIS prophets,  Moses being the first,  they are synonymous with the The Word, The Lord Jesus Christ.  Again, GOD is one GOD.
2 Peter 1:21
"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost [Spirit]."
Isaiah 8:1
"Moreover the LORD said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz."
Jeremiah 30:2
"Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book."
Jeremiah 36:2
"Take thee a roll of a book, and write therein all the words that I have spoken unto thee against Israel, and against Judah, and against all the nations, from the day I spake unto thee, from the days of Josiah, even unto this day."
Habakkuk 2:2
"And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it."

The words/ Word of GOD are thus, holy.  "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Matthew 24:35 (also, Mark 13:31, Luke 16:17, Luke 21:33).

=======
Again, The LORD GOD is GOD alone & Savior Alone
Isaiah 44:6
"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

Isaiah 44:8
"Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."

Isaiah 45:5
"I am the LORD [JEHOVAH], and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:"

Isaiah 45:21
"Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me."

Isaiah 45:22-24 (King James Version)
"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed."

Philippians 2:9-11
"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him [The Lord Jesus Christ, The Son], and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
"

(1) (Reply)

Your Ability To Persist Determines If You Will Win Or Lose / Yall can chop my tithes but my kidney nah you aint having / Feeding On Foolishness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.