Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) (39028 Views)

The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris / Meet The World's Tallest People (photos) / "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by darfay: 12:36am On Jul 14, 2020
gregyboy:

I think isoko, they sounded edo, we could understand him

I'm sorry but that's impossible
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by OvisFranko: 12:48am On Jul 14, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Rukkie2: 12:50am On Jul 14, 2020
I am looking for urhobo to get married to,if u are interested call,08064647927
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by mhizv(f): 7:09am On Jul 14, 2020
sylve11:

I know it. It's the community that separate Emeragha and Afiesere.
cool

Lol good to see people actually know the place. cry smiley
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by mhizv(f): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2020
OvisFranko:

Odedegho is a Ughelli community, off East West Road.

smiley
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Jerien1: 7:41am On Jul 14, 2020
Nice one
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Revolva(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2020
MILLERMannn:

Highly tricky. I never see tribe that is tricky like that. I get tired of them easily to. They are not straight forward. They are very active and you know when you are too active, you must lack thought. They are thoughtless. They don't have feeling for their fellow humans. They are very boastful and aggressive. And lastly, they are cheaters. Every things they do, they must cheat. They believed cheating is called smartness. That is how they derive their stupid ' Warri nor dey carry last'. They don't know that they are tarnishing their image. Walahi, they are very boastful.

NB: I am from Delta but raised in the West. Have traveled to the north so I know what I am saying.

Truth be told bro am not tarnishing anything or any tribe I like them as well Sha but these smartness of being funny have taken over many of them .

It's so bad and they boast as if it's right to outsmart people anyhow

OvisFranko:

Trickish? That is an Hasty Generalization.
Moreover, deceitfulness is an inherent characteristics of humans irrespective of their ethnicity.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by MILLERMannn: 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
Revolva:

Truth be told bro am not tarnishing anything or any tribe I like them as well Sha but these smartness of being funny have taken over many of them .

It's so bad and they boast as if it's right to outsmart people anyhow

I didn't say you are tarnishing them. They are tarnishing themselves. Because of their behavior, many company had packed away from there and those that stayed operate from another state. Like you said, they are very funny.

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Czartega(m): 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Dem nor fine i dey see dem for benin self, thier yansh strong and small, dem black pass charcoal

And dem nor sabi speak English na only delta igbo ladies fine, even our benin ladies wen nor too fine na beauty pageant for were urhobo girl dey

You are wrong. That is a hasty generalization. Just like saying all Benin girls are prostitutes(even though it's like 95%) you still need to give credit to the few well behaved girls. Urhobogirls are pretty if I dey lie ask venita akpofure(BBN housemate) or kirachaana (Oghenekaro) an Instagram influencer

1 Like

Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by Kennyfancy(m): 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2020
MILLERMannn:

I didn't say you are tarnishing them. They are tarnishing themselves. Because of their behavior, many company had packed away from there and those that stayed operate from another state. Like you said, they are very funny.
shut up, mad man like u
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by gregyboy(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Czartega:

You are wrong. That is a hasty generalization. Just like saying all Benin girls are prostitutes(even though it's like 95%) you still need to give credit to the few well behaved girls. Urhobogirls are pretty if I dey lie ask venita akpofure(BBN housemate) or kirachaana (Oghenekaro) an Instagram influencer

95% indeed bro you dont want to go that tribalistic road with me bro if you want to bash benin then make sure you say d truth i have made good comments here on urhobo people and i consider them a brother some edo people, bro i made those negative statements from what i have seen neither did praise benin ladies to be fine, i even vowed to marry if i see fine urhobo because i have seen two and i couldnt believe my eyes

But if you are ready for tribal bashing am ready too we can set this thread on fire i hope you won't run bro...... 95% prostitute abi guy u dey mad bomb dey your head craze man guy nor vex me
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by MILLERMannn: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
Kennyfancy:
shut up, mad man like u

Hmmm
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by AreaFada2: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
Its good you posted this thread during time of our festive month. You didn't add that the "Ema" dance is only for Royalties only. When a king is to be coronated, when the king gives titles and when the king perform his yearly festive rituals to his predecessors (spirits of kings) so on these days kings dances EMA together with his princes and princesses and his Chiefs. No commoner dances EMA dance if a commoner dances it the spirits dances it with the commoner and that will make the commoner dance into land of the dead but royalties dance it together with the great spirits except for entertainment after necessary rituals to Spirits of Kings Mind u nobody can dance EMA dance with their cap on the head except the dance is outside the palace. I invite y'all for our festival this month.
Interesting. I presume princes and princesses from other tribes will be welcome to dance too. Especially fellow Edoid ones.
Great culture, amazing energy.
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by J3da: 10:13am On Jul 22, 2020
Mystiquefia:

Are you urhobo? grin

Yes I am grin
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by J3da: 8:42am On Dec 10, 2021
Mystiquefia:

Are you urhobo? grin
Yes I am
Re: The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) by dreu2fine(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
wow i love my culture
proud to be am urhobo ma
evwreni wadoooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Ooni Of Ife's Wedding Thanksgiving Ceremony / Woman Throws Herself On The Floor As Oluwo Of Iwo Passes (Video) / Ooni Ogunwusi Meets Prince Charles & Lady Camilla (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.