Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! (2233 Views)

Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate / I Want To See Your Personal Website! / Create Your Personal Website With Google Page Creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by Seun(m): 12:47am On Jun 15, 2007
So a world-famous web developer offers to build a website for your personal use. No limits, no compromises.
What sort of website would you elect to build? Personally, I would want blogs, forums, and a wiki integrated on it.
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by uspry1(f): 1:50am On Jun 15, 2007
I personally build flash-based website with XML file parsing for my personal use as demonstration.

www.mtmrimstires.com

Currently I study learning to build pre-script of Os Commerce with M5 hash/secured encrypted credit card number storing in MySQL database, and re-polishing  my programming skill in Flash Actionscript to parse all XML, PHP, and MySQL data into Flash website in the quality of fastest retrieving data/images/photo gallery/product-inventory.

I already know how to build Flash-PHP based text chat with authenticated login system but studying on new Flash-based multi-video conferencing site using Flash Media Server. As soon as I upgrade my outdated Flash MX (version 6) to Flash 8.
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by rhyzz: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2007
Hey uspry1,

I want to learn how to build sites with flash, presently i build using fireworks and dreamweaver. How can you help me out on that.

Best
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by ugodaniel(m): 11:44am On Jun 15, 2007
@uspry1, why upgrade to flash 8 when flash 9 in the inthing now. It's horrible sweet. Try it out
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by Seun(m): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2007
Flash is bad. Use HTML. Search engines really like HTML because it can be parsed easily.
Is there anyone else interested in answering the question "describe your ideal personal website"? wink
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by rhyzz: 2:32pm On Jun 15, 2007
Is there anyone else interested in answering the question "describe your ideal personal website"?

Does it mean what i said sounded stupid to you or something?
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by uspry1(f): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2007
I make correction the outdated Flash MX (version 6)/Flash 8 to newest version Adobe Flash CS3 professional from Adobe.com (formerly Macromedia.com).

For more info detailed that is found at source: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/features/

ugodaniel:

@uspry1, why upgrade to flash 8 when flash 9 in the inthing now. It's horrible sweet. Try it out

@ugodaniel, please do not confuse the difference between Adobe Flash 8/9 player and Adobe Flash CS3 professional authoring software. Both are different things.

Adobe Flash 9 player is a content view media player that prompts displaying by raw Flash file (.swf, .flv).

Adobe Flash CS3 professional software is a interactive animation editor/authoring software to create Flash movies, Flash video files, and external files such as PHP, XML, MySQL, Java, Javascript for parsing/incorporating data inside Flash movie in order to employ actions/behaviors resulting in Flash Actionscripting 3.

Keep in your mind on the following below:

Flash MX (version 6) supports only Actionscript 1 that will not work well on Actionscript 2 and 3. Flash MX does not have XML/PHP binding connector (Flash extensions) feature like Flash 8/CS3 do. You have to code XML/PHP manually on Flash actionscripting. You must know XML/PHP coding basically for Flash to be incorporated/parsed data properly.

Flash 8 (version cool and Flash CS3 (version 9) support only Actionscript 2 and 3, will not work well in Flash MX (version 6) Actionscript 1. Both Flash 8/CS3 has its build-in Flash XML/PHP connector to link all XML/PHP files.
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by Seun(m): 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2007
rhyzz:

Is there anyone else interested in answering the question "describe your ideal personal website"?

Does it mean what i said sounded stupid to you or something?
No, it means you didn't didn't respond to the topic at all. The topic must be very boring. cry
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by bakenda(m): 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2007
The topic must be very boring.   

Not at all  sad . This is a most exciting topic,the kind that should
be discussed more here.

I'm presently negotiating with a college client on a sort of
yearbook online site and we ve been discussing features
to include to make it attractive to fellow students.

Personally,Ill like a database-driven site(with extremely secured databases) that can be
updated even by a nonprogrammer.
Ill like a customized payment processor integrated that allows
me receive and make payments worlwide-with orders delivered
to my doorstep.

Moreover ill like my site to have internet banking facility with
links to my bank account(s) such that i can check my xsanctions
online,make deposits,withdrawals and issue e-checks.

Ill also like the site to have facility for sending sms and
an automatic email- to- mobile phone facility.

Of course, id love forums and blogs to be integrated and also
private and public chat rooms and a private online diary.

I'd also love to av an online photo album section-a private
one and a public one where others can send me their pics.

Other features id love to av are:
A customized email program.

A customized and 'smart' search engine that
looks only for things im interested in.

An organised and easily searchable library of e-books.

A personal music library that can be searched,sorted and
updated(automatically) with latest releases of my favourite artistes.

Furthermore id like the site to av speech recognition technology
such that you can choose to do away with the mouse(and even
keyboard),just speak the word,

Finally(for now),id like the site to have teleconferencing facility
so i can keep in touch(visually,in real time) with my family when
im away from home.

Yea,those are some of the things i fancy in a personal site
         ill let you know,when i think of more.
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by bakenda(m): 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2007
I forgot to add-
the site should av web radio integrated
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by touche(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2007
for a personal website i'd like d ffing:

- picture upload features
- upload & download enabled mp3 & mp4 players wit volume control, equalizer settings control
- diary (updated on a daily basis)
- web digicam
- web tv
- satelite radio
- intelligent search engine with advanced search features lyk:
search for website names list, search for website entries,          
picture search, sound search
- chat engine compatible with any chat engine
- secure database for website content (oracle)
- in built download accelerator for rapid downloads
- my mail box
- antivirus scannin for all incomin data
-a couple  of my favourite games (halo, soccer)

check out www.2advanced.com
, d future of web design
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by tundewoods(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2007
I wonder no one has still replied Seun's quest for the ideal personal website.I can't remember anyone for now but i will certainly post some urls when i do remember any.
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by Seun(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2007
bakenda, touche, tundewoods: arigatou (thanks)
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by Guardian(m): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2009
I noo lie
www.2advanced.com
Na FIREEEEEE

I stubled on this site becos I'm in search of creative and talented web developers in house for my company.

But sadly I can't find any. When would we have local web developers just like 2advanced. They are not the best, but look at the concept.

am out
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by yawatide(f): 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2009
Guardian,

They are there but you probably aren't searching in the right places/locales.

For instance, have you considered making an advert requesting applicants to show up at a certain location for them to show you their stuff? If you go this route, just make sure you have police back up sha so that what happened when whatever phone company it was that had over 1000 people show up at the same time won't happen to you wink

Again, the people you need are there but like the bigger fish in a river, they most likely won't be swimming towards the top but rather, deep down and in b/w the tree roots at that cool
Re: Describe Your Ideal Personal Website! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2009
Erhm, i seem to be out of ideas today. But i will prefer the site to be done with flex builder. That is still the coolest web gui to me. Just the speed of download online is what is keeping me away from using it well.

(1) (Reply)

How To Change SMF Forum Favicon Without Any Mods / Newly Approved Naija Adsense Available For sale / Pls Teach Me Web Design And Development.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.