Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Hilarious Driving Tale Of A Learner - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hilarious Driving Tale Of A Learner (320 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / Local Champion.... Tale Of A House Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hilarious Driving Tale Of A Learner by nabbybjo(f): 2:03pm On Jul 15, 2020
I don't know if I was a driver in my previous life but I was part of those people that learnt how to drive a car with the mouth and movement of the eyes.

Before I ever held a steering, I could use my big mouth to press brake, change gear, dodge a big pothole and push the accelerator to form James Bond on the highway. When the insult was getting too much about my plenty mouth, I enrolled for driving classes. I started learning with a manual car but the whole clutch and gear wahala made me to drop out of the driving lessons.

One day, I finally decided that I was going to learn how to drive for real. I got a friend's friend who is a driver to teach me. We started on a school field and in about two hours, I was already driving on a lonely road around my area.

In the afternoon of the same day, we went to FRSC office and I got my driving permit. We drove around town for a while and there was no issue. My teacher was even commending my strong hands and ability to navigate well behind the wheels.

Around 4:00pm, my teacher had an emergency call to go and pick his boss from the airport. So, he had no option than to leave me with all the lessons and commendations he had showered on my swelling head all day.

After he left me to the hands of God and my handiwork, everything I thought I knew about driving vanished from my head like magic. I was afraid but I had to drive back the car to the office to go and return to the owner.

I started the engine very carefully like it was an egg. Without removing the gear or hand brake from the park mode, I stepped on the accelerator mercilessly and all I got was a long motionless voooooooooooooooooom that attracted the attention of pedestrians in my front. They all ran to one corner like headless chickens.

I laid my head on the steering and asked God for mercy. With enough adrenaline pumped into my heart by angel Nicodemous, I finally started the car and was moving slowly like a snail for about 4km.

When I successfully moved the car to my junction, the police guys there were waving at me to stop. Honestly, I wanted to stop but due to the mental interruption, I couldn't remember which was the brake or the accelerator and I just pressed one of them.

It was the God of my father that saved me from killing two police officers. My jittery legs were dancing Awilolokomba and I mistakenly fired up the car as the policemen scampered to safety.

When I finally arrived at the office, I was shaking like a jelly fish for about 30 minutes before I regained myself. I shared the testimony on my WhatsApp status that night and people were like wow, wow, wow, wow.

The next morning, I still drove the car to Utako to go and pick some flower pots for my madam. What doesn't kill you will only strengthen your bones and tendons.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious Driving Tale Of A Learner by hidhrhis(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2020
grin grin grin grin
I love the way u narrate the story
U are a great writer ma'am

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Driving Tale Of A Learner by ab11baddo(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
I just mastered the manual car also recently! It wasn't easy at all. that part where you said your legs were shaking happened to me also oh!
Manual Car transmission gear isn't easy oh. The training went with a lot of cash as well!
Re: Hilarious Driving Tale Of A Learner by Ayemileto(m): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
Lol.

The policemen didn't follow you?
Re: Hilarious Driving Tale Of A Learner by tunjilomo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
This story is bae. I could not help but laugh at the end of this crazy tale.

(1) (Reply)

PAULINA... Chapter Two / Good Article Rewriters Needed / Life Time Opportunity - Price Slash!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.