Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. (43396 Views)

What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public? / Lady Struggling To Use Water Dispenser In Public / These 15 Things Will Matter A Lot Less To You In The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 8:20am On Jul 16, 2020
I am certain that almost all of "us" reading this post will be guilty of one or two on this list("us"- I am included too), if you are not guilty lemme know in the comment section.

TALK LOUDLY ON THE PHONE
This is so common in Nigeria, everyone is shouting in the vehicle about their business and family issues or something much more private, that public ears should have no share in it. If you are to receive a call in a loud place that would need you to shout, please stall till you get to a private place or ask to converse via texting.

GROOM YOURSELF
Now I'm guilty in this, most of us tend to want to adjust something in public and it is seen as normal but it's actually embarrassing and shows we are not cultured. I was out recently and I had to apply a little bit of make up on my face before I alighted from the vehicle, it should be done in a bathroom or a private place. Some of us pick our nose in public, adjust our underwears in public(women!!!), I have seen someone cut his fingernails in a restaurant, are you serious? Stop brushing your teeth in the middle of the road please. Thank you.

EAT
Guilt as charged, sometimes I will dump culture one side and eat in public, it's a weakness I'm working on, have you seen fresh corn on fire before, I will just weak. It's a work in progress but it's not cultured to eat in public, you should eat while sitting in private or in a restaurant and don't open your mouth while chewing please. Don't eat in public again. I'm changing!

COUGH UP PHLEGM LOUDLY
I am rolling my eye now, you shouldn't do that, it's gross and makes others uncomfortable. Don't you know the sound makes the listener imagine your phlegm in their mouth too. Eww.

DISPOSING WASTE IMPROPERLY
Stop disposing waste improperly, done with your gala? Keep it in your purse or pocket or wallet, don't drop it on the floor or throw it over the window, who trained you? ( Easy for me to say because I have change that about myself.)

Change diapers.
I won't say more than, DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

Fight on the street
Biko, be more cultured and control your anger. Don't even argue in public, you and your girl are having issues we don't want to know, argue at home. Don't fight a girl for taking your bf in public, you are embarrassing yourselves, if someine slaps you walk away, respect your self.

Changing your cloths or going naked.
I see this new trend of exposing your butt in a supermarket or some other place and recording it, this is bad. Social media is the new public DON'T GO NAKED ON SOCIAL MEDIA, you are not cultured and you lack manners abeg. Don't change your cloths in public, you are not a baby that it will be cute to see your bum, it's not cute it's erotic and things like that are done In private. I'm done.

Sing.
I used to think I had a wonderful voice so I sing while using my earpiece, that just wrong, I know it's sweet to do but please stop singing in public only if you are on stage.

Talk to yourself
This is weird, internalize your thoughts, that's how human beings do.

Don't pee in public.
GUYS!!! Have self control, get to a bathroom before you pee. Don't just go looking for one corner and expect people to pass casually. It's not proper to urinate in public ladies and gentlemen.

Pass gas.
Fart geng, it is impolite to pass gas in public, it's not a competition we are not interested In smelling your colon. Excuse yourself and pass gas properly, if it happens by mistake, apologise and stop expecting people to suspect the least dressed.

Stare
It is very rude to stare at people in public, only if your babe is coming and looking very attractive and you want her to feel it as she is coming towards you, if she is not your babe don't stare especially on a first date. Learn not to stare, even if you are a mother and want your child to know they there is problem when you get home.

Spitting.
Only if you have been casted as a native doctor in a Nollywood movie, stop spitting in public it's a dirty attitude.

I know you are guilty of one or ten. Let me know which of "THEM"

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 16, 2020
Good points....but forget story.
Person go slap me you say make I no kpokpo I'm face because say na public. Won't work. I go do facial remodelling immediately.
That mess issue very important. The day Wey one oyinbo mess for my face na him I swear say if e hold me and I fit get away with am I go drop am like album.
I swear the guy mess silent pistol own but I catch am. I ask am why na, he talk say the hmm hmm as we cover nose dey run dey sweet am for belle. The day Wey I give am one na that day him school of thought change. Mess Wey dey choke. Wey dey high like eegbow. Him eye red. Blood nearly comot from him nose.
Mess Wey dey crash hard drive. Straight from the streets of isolo. Since that day he repent

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Janeberryy: 8:30am On Jul 16, 2020
What if I'm traveling and there is no toilet, so I shouldn't go into the bush?

Nice one though.

10 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Simplehuman: 8:32am On Jul 16, 2020
You can as well add "don't breath" while in the public.

Nice write up though.

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Simplehuman: 8:33am On Jul 16, 2020
Lalasticlala may like this.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by damoceile: 8:37am On Jul 16, 2020
Oga keep all this silly DON'TS to yourself jare, imagine don't STARE in public? Where else should I stare? In the corner of my room??

154 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by vanida6: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2020
I dey eat well well everywhere i go i no fit hide hunger cheesy nd i love to sing if plug in mah earpiece cheesy i fit stop all does tinx u listed but not dis 2 op cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2020
I'm currently brushing my teeth in the middle of the road,come and beat me.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by ashewoboy(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2020
do not fvck In public like those female lout whose video went viral.

6 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 16, 2020
Fvck it!
A couple of days ago, I saw a lady scratchin' her butt as if it was recharge card... Alotta ladies do that shiit tho...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Good points....but forget story.
Person go slap me you say make I no kpokpo I'm face because say na public. Won't work. I go do facial remodelling immediately.
That mess issue very important. The day Wey one oyinbo mess for my face na him I swear say if e hold me and I fit get away with am I go drop am like album.
I swear the guy mess silent pistol own but I catch am. I ask am why na, he talk say the hmm hmm as we cover nose dey run dey sweet am for belle. The day Wey I give am one na that day him school of thought change. Mess Wey dey choke. Wey dey high like eegbow. Him eye red. Blood nearly comot from him nose.
Mess Wey dey crash hard drive. Straight from the streets of isolo. Since that day he repent

Took me a while to read this, but it's funny. Blood nearly vomit from him nose. grin.

Don't fight in public be respectable. Stop polluting the air too. tongue

3 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2020
Janeberryy:
What if I'm traveling and there is no toilet, so I shouldn't go into the bush?

Nice one though.
Yes don't go.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 9:14am On Jul 16, 2020
Simplehuman:
You can as well add "don't breath" while in the public.

Nice write up though.
Lool I guess you are used to doing all 15

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 9:14am On Jul 16, 2020
damoceile:
Oga keep all this silly DON'TS to yourself jare, imagine don't STARE in public? Where else should I stare? In the corner of my room??
grin grin grin. It's rude to stare!

7 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 9:16am On Jul 16, 2020
vanida6:
I dey eat well well everywhere i go i no fit hide hunger cheesy nd i love to sing if plug in mah earpiece cheesy i fit stop all does tinx u listed but not dis 2 op cool
Me too I want to stop before I embarrass myself oneday
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 9:16am On Jul 16, 2020
QueenMelinda:
I'm currently brushing my teeth in the middle of the road,come and beat me.
I'm coming for you. Wait for me

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 9:17am On Jul 16, 2020
ashewoboy:
do not fvck In public like those female lout whose video went viral.
I should probably write about public display of affection too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Agbebakun22: 9:20am On Jul 16, 2020
Pls oo is Best1000 that always talk about mini Exportation legit....

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by jojomario(m): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2020
As a guy, can i control my pipe everytime not to rise in public? good observation @ op.

5 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by roybanjo100(m): 9:21am On Jul 16, 2020
so when we perceive a foul odour....We shoudnt spit in public oga park well jare

3 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Georgekyrian(m): 10:08am On Jul 16, 2020
Stare huh?? How I wan check the ass and boobs of a lady I wan toast if I no stare at her. Abeg op that I can't change but I'm innocent of others
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Slawormir: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
That coughing of phlegm or rather expectorating dey irritate me ehnnnnn...to come make the matter worse maybe you dey eat ogbono and okro soup at that moment
Then person go come do am...to continue the food go just tire you

Fighting...me nor dey get angry easily nor to talk of fight for public
No matter what you do and say to me i hardly get angry..
That is my problem in life... some times i do ask if am Normal
That peeing in public.. niggarrrz nor go fit avoid that one....after enough bottles...you go come begin go house na there the urge to urinates go increase whereas when you dey the bar since the urge nor come

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by McBrooklyn(m): 10:18am On Jul 16, 2020
Lol..
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Oldoinyolengai(m): 10:34am On Jul 16, 2020
Your points are so rational.
Even those(sane) who are commenting against can't dare to defy.

5 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
That coughing of phlegm or rather expectorating dey irritate me ehnnnnn...to come make the matter worse maybe you dey eat ogbono and okro soup at that moment

Flighting...me nor dey get angry easily nor to talk of fight
No matter what you do and say to me i hardly get angry..
That is my problem in life... some times i do ask if am Normal

I really hate that coughing of phlegm too..

If it makes you feel better, there is no defination for normal.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 10:42am On Jul 16, 2020
Georgekyrian:
Stare huh?? How I wan check the ass and boobs of a lady I wan toast if I no stare at her. Abeg op that I can't change but I'm innocent of others

You see? Looking at a ladies body that way is not proper. Look small and look away. Staring means you are looking till that thing goes away or looking too long. Look briefly oga.

17 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 10:42am On Jul 16, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
Your points are so rational.
Even those(sane) who are commenting against can't dare to defy.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by paulolee(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2020
nice but i think that list isnt for an average Nigerian..
1..i do eat wen i buy food on ma way home, mayb snacks and i start eating to make the journey more sweeter..
2..abeg i de pass gass and spit but i do it more codedly and more matured..
3..do talk to myself most especially when bet9ja don show me something on a bad week..
4..i do sing, i stare because you cant just help but look some beautiful faces and some bad curves, also i pee on the street bcoz naim sweet pass especially wen its bin long av been holding it and decided to release it and that fresh cold breez keeps blowing my head..
5..i don shout on the phone, but when it involve money matter, especially from your debtor thats keeps posting the broke you, you wunt even realize that you are shouting when talking to him on phone..

6 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Small080(m): 11:02am On Jul 16, 2020
Nice thread..... Everyone have is opinion, is not a most follow others opinion na...
Someone go slap me for public and I go leave am "I resemble Jesus"
Don't eat in public "Aje You're not hungry ni o"

Ah that urinating in public, if this thing catch you for road way no private place walahitalahi nobody go tell you before you remove your underwear grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 11:17am On Jul 16, 2020
Small080:
Nice thread..... Everyone have is opinion, is not a most follow others opinion na...
Someone go slap me for public and I go leave am "I resemble Jesus"
Don't eat in public "Aje You're not hungry ni o"

Ah that urinating in public, if this thing catch you for road way no private place walahitalahi nobody go tell you before you remove your underwear grin

Hmm ok o

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Manofvalor1: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2020
All most all Nigerians including my humble self. Are guilty of most or nearly all of these.Na Naija we dey.No big deal!.Na normal thing!!. No hard feelings!!.Persin don gas like bokoharam bomb for my front for hostel.come talk say "its allowed" e no even say sorry.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Do In Public. by Blackpearlous(f): 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2020
Manofvalor1:
All most all Nigerians including my humble self. Are guilty of most or nearly all of these.Na Naija we dey.No big deal!.Na normal thing!!. No hard feelings!!.Persin don gas like bokoharam bomb for my front for hostel.come talk say "its allowed" e no even say sorry.

I hate hearing it's allowed. Very annoying. That's why we are educating them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Kills Mechanic At Obalende Bridge (graphic Pic) / Lady Shows Off Her Luxurious Lifestyle To Prove It Doesn't Equate Happiness / Security Official Snaps His Colleague Fighting A Man In Lagos (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.