Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

~wandering Soul~christian Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction (4070 Views)

Even If He Doesn't: The Flood (a Christian Fiction Series) / So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction / ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
Wandering Soul is a story that is bent on revealing the truth about eternity.
This will awake the mighty man in us though it is a short one but passes a great story.
Lets watch out....
Let me first invite my most honourable guests and fans.
Cc:Lakesc,Godshowmemercy,enirock,Zara20,aprilwise,Yuno01,Ego2,Hantonia,Zika19,ifypresh and the rest i just cant remember.
Take your place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
CHAPTER ONE
~Growth had Occured~
The Infiniti jeep honked at the gate and the gateman hurried to open the gate.The car gained passage into the compound and parked at a corner.
The occupant alighted,it was Promise on NYSC uniform.he was the only son of Pastor and Mrs Benedict the General Super-in-tendent of Lightbearers Ministry.
The driver helped him with the luggages as he rushed into the waiting arm of his parents.
"Corper shun"his father saluted teasingly.
"Oh dad stop.Am now an ex-corper"Promise replied the joke and they hugged.
"Sorry for belittling you"Pastor Benedict replied.
Promise hugged his mother.
"Mum i have missed you a lot"He said.
"Me too,i miss you more"Mrs Benedict replied.
Promise let himself fall into one the comfy sofa in the sitting room lying adjacent to the television set and stereo.
"Welcome home son"Both parent chorused.
"I am glad to announce to you both that i have served and graduated from the University of Ibadan with a first class degree in philosophy"Promise said

3 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 17, 2020
"This calls for celebration"Mr Benedict affirmed as they all laughed.
"Promise you 'll go in there,bath and change your clothes so that i can treat you to your favourite"Mrs Benedict said.
"Okay mum"Promise replied and retired to bath and change to casual.
He emerged later and met his parent already sitting at the dining table,he joined them.
"Promise pray on our dinner"His dad ordered.
Promise smiled"Father in the name of Jesus,i thank you for this providing this meal so i commit it to your able hand and pray that you sanctify the food in Jesus name"He said.
"Amen"they all chorused.
"Promise will gist us about Taraba state,where he went to serve"Mrs Benedict said.
"Ofcourse i will.It was really intriguing"Promise replied as he spooned the rice into his mouth.
"I know,the northerners are really intriguing"Mr Benedict butressed.
"Their yams is as big as my hand,taraba is closer to the food basket of the nation"Promise stated.
"I know about that your experience there was worth it"
"Yes it was mum"Promise said.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 17, 2020
"Taraba is bounded by benue and nasarawa.It is a state that consist of three major tribe;Chamba,Fulani and Mumuye and it had 73 indigenous languages"Promise said.
"Wow!thats the first time i am hearing it"Mrs Benedict marveled.
"But one thing about these people is that they are too dirty,they also love cows than one could ever think of"
"Really"
"Yes dad,i once attended a cow burial,it was crazy.An animal was buried like a human"
"This is serious"Mrs Benedict exclaimed.
"But they are really friendly but one of the most unenlightened state i have ever came across"Promise said and drained the juice and served himself more.
"Why did you say so"
"The school i taught was the most dilapidated building in the world,permit the hyperpole but i must say that the school was an antique"
"Promise,the northerners have little or no interest for education hence the problem you faced over there.Most of them are either farmers or herdsmen"Mr Benedict said.
"Thats true dad but i really enjoyed my stay there."Promise concluded.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 7:20am On Jul 17, 2020
PRE4:
This will awake the mighty man though it is a short one but passes a great story.
Lets watch out....
Cc:Lakesc,Godshowmemercy,enirock,Zara20,aprilwise,Yuno01,Ego2,Hantonia,Zika19,ifypresh and the rest i just cant remember.
Take your place.
I'm honoured PRE4
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2020
Thanks sir, but i dont agree with the part that northerns hate school. That's southerners bias toward the north (one i have seen everywhere on nairaland). There are dilapitated schools in the south as well as the north ok. Northerner revere schooling whether western or islamic education.. More grace PRE4
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 17, 2020
Lakesc:
Thanks sir, but i dont agree with the part that northerns hate school. That's southerners bias toward the north (one i have seen everywhere on nairaland). There are dilapitated schools in the south as well as the north ok. Northerner revere schooling whether western or islamic education.. More grace PRE4

Oh thanks....Am sorry for that
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 17, 2020
They soon finished eating when Pastor Benedict called for night devotion.
"Son lead us in praise worship"he said.
"I dont feel like it dad,i am so weak"Promise replied
"I dont understand"
"Dad i dont want to pray"
"Promise!"his mother screamed.
"What have gotten over you"his mum asked.
"Mum,i am now a full grown man"
"So?a full grown man wont pray"
"I have my right to dictate what i want and what i dont"
"Trust me son i dont understand you"Pastor Benedict was nonplussed.
"I dont want to pray,simple"Promise fumed"i think its time to show my true colours rather than pretending"he added.
"Promise what are you talking about"His mum said.
"I am a philosopher so i dont believe in the theories of that your god,my eyes are opened now"
"Promise is running mad darling"Pastor Benedict interjected.
"I am no longer than little boy you and mum order around,as you can see i dont shudder at your voices anymore.I am in my father house and i deserve some respect,so you both can locate your father's houses"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 17, 2020
"Promise,you were once born again before gaining admission into the university so what has happened along the line"His mum said dissappointed.
Promise shrugged"yes mum you are right there on it.I got born again at the Kolenda crusade eight years ago and had held on tight to Christ but when i got admitted into the university,believe me mum,i was odd.The things i was told were wrong were the regular campus life which no one raise an eyebrow at.It was really tough for me as i was the only naive person on campus so i did what i thought was right by joining them since i could not win them.I started leading a double life,when i come back home i become a saint but at school i live riotously.I was not happy doing that but i wanted to save your faces,even then as a youth coordinator and choir leader i was drinking and smoking,i even slept with girls in the church but now i think i have to let the cat out of the bag"Promise replied.
His parents faces were sullen in dissappointment.
"Jesus!I cant believe all these"

3 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 17, 2020
"But they are the truth dad"Promise retorted.
"But wait!the fact that many does the wrong does not make it right.The fact that the food is salty does not means you should add more salt"His mum wagged.
"You dont get it mum,you dont.Its not as easy as you think"
"Oh spare me the crap.,i and your mother went to university but never deviated,so why should you son"
"Dad,thats the life you guys have chosen for yourselves but this is mine andi have equal right to choose mine.C'mon how do you even think that the same god you claimed created you will still be the one to throw you into fire,then why do you call him the merciful one?Christianity have really eaten up the future of this great country with their stupidity.How can you claim to serve a god you cant see?"Promise reeled.
"I am highly dissappointed in you son.Christ is equally dissappointed in you.You have failed him"Pastor Benedict replied sadly.
"I am equally dissappointed in Christ primitivity.Excuse me"Promise said with an air of finality and left.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Zara20(f): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2020
wao dis gonna b awesome,already seated...damselposh,Amicable24,peculiarinspiro,shewrites...something delicious is cooking please make urselves comfortable
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
PRE4:

Oh thanks....Am sorry for that
No problem, just continue ur good works.. Wow! Promise has turned something else. Sometimes the freedom we gain been far from home, alway from our parents. makes us take decisions that are not necessary good in the long run for us. Just trying to fit in and blend with the majority often times lives us bended and damage. This is going to be real good.. Divine inspiration PRE4
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lakesc:
No problem, just continue ur good works.. Wow! Promise has turned something else. Sometimes the freedom we gain been far from home, alway from our parents. makes us take decisions that are not necessary good in the long run for us. Just trying to fit in and blend with the majority often times lives us bended and damage. This is going to be real good.. Divine inspiration PRE4

Thanks sir..I appreciate your kind gesture
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by GodShowmemercy(f): 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
PRE4:
This will awake the mighty man though it is a short one but passes a great story.
Lets watch out....
Take your place.
Wow
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
PRE4:

Thanks sir..I appreciate your kind gesture
U are welcome. I must commend ur dedication and commitment updating ur posts..
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lakesc:
U are welcome. I must commend ur dedication and commitment updating ur posts..

I appreciate
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 1:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
We fail to realise that there's a responsibility that comes with freedom... The crowd mentality has eaten deep into many of us that we can't even begin to retrace our steps from where we lost Gods touch. Let each heart be pricked to remember his creator.

Thanks for the mention dear. I am honored.
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
enirock:
We fail to realise that there's a responsibility that comes with freedom... The crowd mentality has eaten deep into many of us that we can't even begin to retrace our steps from where we lost Gods touch. Let each heart be pricked to remember his creator.

Thanks for the mention dear. I am honored.

Thank you dear
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
CHAPTER TWO
~Out of the mundane
To where am ordained
For things that were
made
Were made from things unseen
There are realms of glory for my world to see
Dimensions found only
In jesus christ the son.
Chorus:
Channels of my spirit
[open up]
I am with the father
[open up]
No boundaries,no limit
[open up]
Let deep call unto deep
[open up]

The choir musical expertise and resplendent voice pointed the congregation to the cross.
Lightbearers Ministry Inc.Was known for its uniques style of worship as its choirs made sure they render heart-rending and soul-lifting songs at each service held.
From his place at the altar,Pastor Benedict stared at the choirs with watery eyes.Someone was missing among them.Yes his son was missing.He could remember in time past how Promise became popular because of his high-pitching soprano voice unseeming for a male.He could also remember that Promise was once a chorister whose ministrations bring tears from people eyes but now promise was lost to the world.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
He felt empty,he felt he had failed God.With his eyes still glued to the choir he counted the youths present,he counted about eighty who were connected to the choir ministration.
Many were shedding tears,some were in tongues,the presence of God was felt.Without even the laying of hands,sicknesses were vanishing.
Pastor Benedict was not weeping as do others,no he was weeping for the lost sheep that wandered out of its fold,Promise his son was that sheep.
He could not even bring himself together when he was called to deliver his sermon,he signalled to his wife who took over pending the time he put himself together.
He could not even put himself together till the service ended.He resorted to call for elders meeting and tell them about his son.His wife was totally against the idea.
"This will drag your name to the mud.People will say you are incapable of training up your only child for that matter"his wife said disdainfully.
"It will be better if we let the church know so that they can pray for him"He replied.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
PRE4:
I appreciate
U r wlcm
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
Thanks Sir for the updates.

Just like promise, we continually bruise the heart that loves us so much through our unrequited love and unrepentant attitude.

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 18, 2020
enirock:
Thanks Sir for the updates.

Just like promise, we continually bruise the heart that loves us so much through our unrequited love and unrepentant attitude.
God will uphold us to the end
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 1:48am On Jul 18, 2020
PRE4:
God will uphold us to the end
Amen
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by vickyluvspices(f): 7:53am On Jul 18, 2020
You didn't invite me ohhhh
Most times I wonder the challenges pastors go through in trying to call their children to order,
Its quit heartbreaking when you have seen the light and your children is still lost in darkness
Kudos @pre4
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 18, 2020
vickyluvspices:
You didn't invite me ohhhh
Most times I wonder the challenges pastors go through in trying to call their children to order,
Its quit heartbreaking when you have seen the light and your children is still lost in darkness
Kudos @pre4
I am sorry for not inviting you,i forgot but i am very sure you've forgiven me
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
Pastor Benedict called the elders for the meeting and told them.
"Its a pity but we wont give up until he retraces his steps back to God"Elder Nathan said.
"The thing that is paining me is the fact that he was once born again but backslided.What if he dies now,it will be disastrous as written in 1Peter 2:20-21"Pastor Benedict lamented.
"Its okay pastor.we will start interceeding for him"Reverend Samuel replied.
"I feel like a big fool right now that my son have been playing on my intelligence all along.So i will now join the league of those men of God who couldnt tame their children"Pastor Benedict cried.
"You did your best for him but he have chosen his own path and you wont be blamed for it.The parents are a watchman to their children,they are charged with the responsibility of warning,correcting and advising their children but if any failed to carry out each of these responsibilities then they will be judged by God.You have carefully carried out your duty leaving no stone unturned"Elder Matthew chastised.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
"People fail to realise that each day outside Christ is a risk of eternal doom.Some fail to realise that our lives is like vapour which is seen this minutes and vanished another minute as written in James Chapter Four verses fourteen.No one can boast of tomorrow because no one knows what can happen the next minute hence the reason of being in Christ while still alive.
Perilous time spirit taken hold of youths of today,they tends to trail the path of revolution where technology and jet age inventions forgetting that we are pilgrims in this world"Elder Nathan said.
"You are very right there.During our time did we have access to technology as they are exposed to these days.You dont need to fornicate when you can satisfy your sexual urge by watching naked videos and other rubbish technology have exposed them to.Mind you i am not against technology,but all i clamour for is for our youth make use of this technology wisely.You dont need to travel down to Abuja to evangelise because you can do it on the phone"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
They all nodded to Elder Matthew word.
"I am not suprised at how discomfited the world had turned into.A lot of people are out there reading and making research day and night to unravel the mytery of our God.They are tempted to read a lot of demonic book as well as cram many theories to back up their findings.Listen this is the signs our Lord Jesus Christ gave us to identify the end time.True saying,Knowledge shall be increased,yes a lot of mystery have been uncovered.This is even the time to hold onto Christ because no one knows the time he will come.It might even be tomorrow"Reverend Samuel said.
"Thank you all for your concern,i pray God give my son another chance to repent"Mrs Benedict said for the first time in the meeting.
"We will send The assistant youth coordinator Sister Eunice and the youth pastor Bro Kenneth over to your house tomorrow so that they can talk to him.The Calvary Youth will,start praying for him"Elder Nathan said.
"Okay i really appreciate your kind gesture"
They all prayed together.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
CHAPTER THREE
--No escape route for sin--
Promise went to open the door after he heard the knocking.
"Ohh sister Eunice,Brother Kenneth.How are you.Please do come in"He said and they hugged.He led them to the sitting room.
"So what do i offer you people"he asked.
"Just water,we are okay"Ken replied.
"Yes water i am famished"Eunice buttressed.
Promise went to get them a bottled water and two glass cup.
"Welcome once again"he said and watched them drank water.
After exchanging much pleasantries,Eunice opened the topic.
"Brother Promise we havent been seeing you in church and the youth fellowship since you returned,we came to know why"
"Eunice thanks for your concern,sorry to say, i am not more among the church any longer"Promise replied as he fondled with his phone.
"Why do you say so and how do you mean"Ken asked petrified.
"I want to blunt now,i am not a christian again"
"How come?but you were before gaining admission?"Eunice asked.
"Yes but i stopped being a christian three years ago in my year two"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
"Thats a lie,you maintained your status last year when you came back before your youth service"Ken opposed.
"It was all charade,believe me,i was just living a doubled life then but now i think i need to show off my true colour or will you rather i continue pretending"?Promise quizzed.
"No it is better you show your true colours"Eunice replied"But how did it happened at first"she added.
"If you want me to recite what i told my parents,i will.
Eunice when i got admitted into the university,i held on to my faith but it was difficult.All those things i believed bad was the regular scenario in school which nobody cares.It was like i was in a different world completely as i became a laughing stock in the university so i had no choice but to blend with them.It is said that when you go to rome,behave like the romans.I did what i thought was best for me,God too understand that i tried"Promise relayed.
"No the best thing you needed to do was to hold firm,the fact that many does the wrong thing does not make it right"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Bright Night..! / . / The Diary Of Nymphomaniac... Continuation Of Episode 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.