Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport (8437 Views)

Police Arrest 21 Homosexual Students In Asaba, Delta State / Female Teenagers Held For Stealing In Lagos (photo) / Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by UyiIredia(m): 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2011
ol ' boy >>> how I wish i had that kind of money
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by tlops(m): 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2011
I'm sure someone sent them,
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by infofta(m): 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2011
I wonder how that kind of case got to the police, abi those boys no wan drop.
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by infofta(m): 7:46pm On Feb 07, 2011
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by seedord247(m): 8:26pm On Feb 07, 2011
info.fta:

abiooo he be like say those boys they stingy , and i know say the money go reach $15m police don comot $6m (hahah Muguun no go finish for world ooo)
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by suxes2005(m): 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2011
sharp but caught in the act

SHALOM
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by diggler(m): 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2011
The informal hawala/aboki bureau de change network processes not less than $400Mn a day in this country.
those boys were actually moving that money to dubai, which they wont admit to cos its a crime.
and its not their money, they move it to dubai

these two boys are just victims of some over ambitious Airport staffer who felt he wasnt rogered properly.

Like someone said, they will be bailed out promptly and if once cash dollar of that kudi is found missing, some blokes are going to kiss six feet.

This
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by Ibomade1: 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2011
unbelieveable. But @ the same time, it is 9ja.
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by Fearcom(m): 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2011
those two bois re xpressing thier effective urge to strangulation, they re two outstanding kleptomaniacs xpressing thier mendacity towards unforgless mandate of unquantifiable pemutation, those bois are two wicked stupendous evil spirit 4rm hell fire extirpating the countries money bcus the governmental bheadd homo sapiens re nt spreading the money to dwntrodden, i like those boiz expressive attitude to forging,.thanku

I laugh in Strange Tongues. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by jujube(m): 12:19am On Feb 08, 2011
kai all of una just dey talk different story, but the truth about the matter be say those boy abokis be dolos. them for just open an acct for kano with a few thousand dollars and dey deposit every week. open a small shop where they do bereau de change. kai if na me be those boys ovation must carry me.
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by tkovie2002(m): 2:02am On Feb 08, 2011
jujube:

kai all of una just dey talk different story, but the truth about the matter be say those boy abokis be dolos. them for just open an acct for kano with a few thousand dollars and dey deposit every week. open a small shop where they do bereau de change. kai if na me be those boys ovation must carry me.

^
||

Guy u make me laugh alot, I doubt if u've heard of the word "HAWALA" and "HAWALADAS", try and google the first, u'll know itz not a thing of thousands of dollars. cool
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by Ify27(m): 2:29am On Feb 08, 2011
The Airport Command of the Nigerian Police Force has arrested two teenagers with $9,734,225 and €664,100 at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos.

The 18-year-old teenagers, identified as Abdul Bashir and Rabiu Bashir, said to be brothers, were arrested at the old domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport at about 6.30 pm on Thursday, shortly after arriving with the huge sum of money aboard an Arik Air flight from Kano.

According to security and airline sources, the money was packed in four travelling bags, which the suspects checked in as hand luggage.

A security source said the police worked on a tip-off by an airline ground employee. Unconfirmed reports said the two young men did not declare the content of the bag before they boarded the plane in Kano.

It was learnt that the suspects, who claimed they were operators of a Bureau de Change outlet, were given the money by their customers.

A police source quoted the suspects as saying that they were in Lagos to sell the foreign currencies because the exchange rates were usually higher in Lagos.

The case had been handed over to the Commissioner of Police, Criminal Investigation Department of the Nigerian Police Force, Abuja for further investigation, according to a police source.

The Commissioner of Police, Airport Command, Mr. Moses Onireti, told SATURDAY PUNCH that he was in a meeting when a call was put through his telephone line for reaction.

When our correspondent called the police commissioner around 8.20 pm for the second time on the incident, he said, “call back.”

In 2010, an official in one of the commercial banks claimed she lost an undisclosed amount in foreign currency between Lagos and Abuja, which she said she checked in on an Arik flight.

It was lost in transit between Lagos and Abuja.
source: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201102055355759

OK SO WHAT WAS ILLEGAL HERE? MONEY HUNGRY MUMU
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by osas007(m): 6:12am On Feb 08, 2011
hackney:

Abeg make them leave the ama hausa boys with their kaya.
We have them in every city changing foreign\local currencies and they carry cash about.
The evil police wey no dey use eye see money.
they shld concentrate on the politicians and kidnappers.

Anyway the boys will have an 'oga' who will get them out.

Na as them arrest them we hear, when them go release them now we no go hear again, no be 9ja?forget joooo na small thing, make kano bureau head make few calls and the case will be all settled, lol na today??lol
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by medjai(m): 9:35am On Feb 08, 2011
I don't buy their BDC story at all, I mean, how many teenagers are into BDC? I think this is yet another case of money laundering. They are probably working for one politician. I suspect this is somehow connected to the upcoming election.
Kudos to the police for foiling this one.
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by coolpapa: 10:07am On Feb 08, 2011
@daniel michael
your weave meant nothing rather than incomprehensible weave. you can do better by being organized in your english letter writing.

@post,
the commissioner of police briefcase will smile home with enough dollars and pounds. ofcourse the boys will smile home with the balance, that is if the acclaimed woman did not surface for claims
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by lekyar(m): 10:45am On Feb 08, 2011
medjai:

I don't buy their BDC story at all, I mean, how many teenagers are into BDC? I think this is yet another case of money laundering. They are probably working for one politician. I suspect this is somehow connected to the upcoming election.
Kudos to the police for foiling this one.

I would rather buy their story than that of the police. Go see what they are doing to commercial vehicles on the road. The Nigeria Police is corruption personified. Altruistic reasoning doesn't drive their interest. I bet a chunk of that money has grown wings already under their care. But those guys shai
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by VERYANGRY(m): 11:27am On Feb 08, 2011
18 but not 18 plus, dem bois huge sha but dey Bleep, even at 18 they should ve known b8a,,anyway they are still lucky bcus if those roadside police see dem wif dat kain money,the only news is, 2 bodies suspected to be of 2 abokis was discovered this morning with bullet holes on their heads, police are now trying to figure out who they re and what happ,,nigeria police, ONCE THEY SMELL SOME LIL WEAKNESS IN U, THEY JUMP ND EAT U UP LIKE SALAD, NIGERIA IS A DISH OF LIFE FOR OUR POLICE AND THE CIVILIANS RE JUST APPETIZERS undecided but dem bois really fvck up
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by lekyar(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2011
VERY ANGRY:

18 but not 18 plus, dem bois huge sha but dey bleep, even at 18 they should ve known b8a,,anyway they are still lucky bcus if those roadside police see dem wif dat kain money,the only news is, 2 bodies suspected to be of 2 abokis was discovered this morning with bullet holes on their heads, police are now trying to figure out who they re and what happ,,nigeria police, ONCE THEY SMELL SOME LIL WEAKNESS IN U, THEY JUMP ND EAT U UP LIKE SALAD, NIGERIA IS A DISH OF LIFE FOR OUR POLICE AND THE CIVILIANS RE JUST APPETIZERS undecided but dem bois really fvck up

True talk.
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by mount1ng(m): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2011
That money is a terrorist fund. This one wey don enter police hand so!!
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 08, 2011
I do not understand? But I will never travel with that kind of money, even if I no steal am, it is very dumb
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by ChidiUgwu(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2011
Aboki na aboki,whether he s rich or nt, bt why most mallams dey usually get halve sence
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by bigiyaro(m): 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2011
the case has been handed over to the police abi? my people, thats the last thing w'll ever hear about the money & the boys.
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by Hoodrat(m): 12:56am On Feb 09, 2011
Aboki go forever be aboki no matter how many fame dem suya and kilishi get cheesy grin
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by bash673(m): 5:14am On Feb 09, 2011
Ify27:

In 2010, an official in one of the commercial banks claimed she lost an undisclosed amount in foreign currency between Lagos and Abuja, which she said she checked in on an Arik flight.

It was lost in transit between Lagos and Abuja.
source: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201102055355759

If people are missing their money when they checked them in on Arik, why do you think they will check theirs?

Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by olamumsy: 7:46am On Feb 09, 2011
wink smiley dis guys r senceless, nw d police don hammer cry
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by Ranoscky(m): 9:06am On Feb 09, 2011
Hoodrat:

Aboki go forever be aboki no matter how many fame dem suya and kilishi get cheesy grin
grin

ola mumsy:

wink smiley dis guys r senceless, nw d police don hammer cry
I tell you.
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by princeparis(m): 9:40am On Feb 10, 2011
Dumb ass Abokis. That is a hell of money to be playing with. Probably not theirs.
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by playboy19(m): 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2011
I can bet my breakfast, dem go don release those boys by now. It's just a matter of those boys claiming they don't understand english " Walahi ba turanchi" thats all they have to say, you go see hausa uniform men jumping out to their rescue even regardless of the money involve.

Once they can maintain that fact that they are BDC boys and they don't understand english and keep speaking hausa, All case solved. If you have ever lived with or among hausa people, you'll understand what am saying.
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by domino74: 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2011
Hey! police don hamma cool money
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by mistakay: 2:21pm On Feb 12, 2011
they send kids to Dubai via emirates on this kind of assignment daily. tickets plus $1000 is what they get.They wont admit they are going to Dubai that would be illegal.Moving cash like this is also illegal but less illegal than than the international one. wink
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by sesantoke(m): 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2012
I wonder what money would turn some people into. Thank God our police are doing their now.
Re: Police Arrest Teenagers With $9.7m, €664,100 At Lagos Airport by elo500: 7:53am On Aug 27, 2012
angryNa so dem fool? Chei! E de pain me o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahoo Plus Boys Caught With Pregnant Girlfriend's Mutilated Body (graphic Pic) / Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 / Governor Fayose Okays Death Penalty For Cultists, Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.