Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Nigerian Programmers Are Great - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Programmers Are Great (3399 Views)

Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke / How Nigerian Programmers Make Their Money!!! / Why Programmers Are Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2020
All Nigerian programmers can be better than that of the whites, we can't just sit down on our chairs like a pile of nothing, we have to work hard to achieve success, you know we are all in the I.T generation which means our source of income has to come from the computer, one of the ways we can make money is to code you can also make money by grafics and other computer programs, so today I tell you that all who can program in Nigeria are great, I need five people that can code very well to reply this so that we can join heads together to make an awesome social networking website the languages needed are HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, PHP and MYSQL, so are you in or out, this is a life time opportunity DO NOT MISS IT.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Bahat: 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
talkcash:
All Nigerian programmers can be better than that of the whites, we can't just sit down on our chairs like a pile of nothing, we have to work hard to achieve success, you know we are all in the I.T generation which means our source of income has to come from the computer, one of the ways we can make money is to code you can also make money by grafics and other computer programs, so today I tell you that all who can program in Nigeria are great, I need five people that can code very well to reply this so that we can join heads together to make an awesome social networking website the languages needed are HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, PHP and MYSQL, so are you in or out, this is a life time opportunity DO NOT MISS IT.

If we should finish with the product how do we make money from it. Mind you we still very far behind our pioneers in Tech. They lead we follow. Leave it or take it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
When we finish making it, I will host it online, then when it reaches a lot of people companies will start posting adverts on the site, and they will pay before posting the adverts, how do u think that Markzukarburg gets money, and my dad has made a website where companies post adverts and he makes money from it.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2020
Just to be clear you are wrong, this is the attitude that will lead Nigerians nowhere, why can't we lead and they will follow.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by stanliwise(m): 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
talkcash:
Just to be clear you are wrong, this is the attitude that will lead Nigerians nowhere, why can't we lead and they will follow.
I am a backend coder. So far what have you done?
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Ladylite: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
Your offer is not nice enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by JAtoms: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Our problem is that we desperately want to reinvent the wheel.

We can gather our talent and build something new. This can be done by looking at our immediate environment, in this case Nigeria.

Meanwhile, I'm a Mobile developer and Product Designer

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by 404Dev: 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
talkcash:
When we finish making it, I will host it online, then when it reaches a lot of people companies will start posting adverts on the site, and they will pay before posting the adverts, how do u think that Markzukarburg gets money, and my dad has made a website where companies post adverts and he makes money from it.
I have a brilliant idea for a social network and am a full stack developer. We can partner, I take care of development you take of financial side till the product starts earning
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by myles16(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Not strong tho, but would love to be carried along, would one way or another contribute to the development of the project
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by darkdenizen: 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Stop decieving urselves.

Nigerian programmers are the worst and that is just the plain truth.

That assertion has been proven time after time. And what the op typed is another proof of the mediocre nature of nigerian programmers.

Just imagine another social network. For what purpose exactly that the existing ones cannot cater to. All you are after is how to charge money for ads. That single thought alone has blocked all the innovative, entreprenuerial, futuristic and problem solving ideas and concepts from filtering through
great indeed
continue decieving urselves. Shior

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Brukx(m): 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
talkcash:
Will you host it with your machine? Or you know of any free hosting services?
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by 404Dev: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2020
darkdenizen:
Stop decieving urselves.

That assertion has been proven time after time. And what the op typed is another proof of the mediocre nature of nigerian programmers.

Just imagine another social network. For what purpose exactly that the existing ones cannot cater to. All you are after is how to charge money for ads. That single thought alone has blocked all the innovative, entreprenuerial, futuristic and problem solving ideas and concepts from filtering through
great indeed
Wrong Facebook was already existing but Twitter came up, Twitter was already existing but Instagram came up, Instagram was already existing buy piniterest came up. I can go on and on.

And don't you think it would unwise to start spending time and resources working on a project if you dont have a plan on to recoup your money and make a profit?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Why not think outside the box?

Why not create new online gateway that serves more than paystack?

Why not create new funnel creators like ClickFunnels but for Nigerians so paystack can be integrated unlike stripe that doesn't accept Nigerians?

Why not build and Uber like app but for workers so workers can be contacted online and one can other maybe a mechanic from just and app instead of taking the item to be fix to the mechanic?

Why not make and auto poster to Facebook, Nairaland, Twitter so Bloggers or influencers can easily schedule their post automatically

Why not create automatic mining scripts?

Why not create impossible projects like app that predicts things

It's not always about social media

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by darkdenizen: 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
404Dev:

Wrong Facebook was already existing but Twitter came up, Twitter was already existing but Instagram came up, Instagram was already existing buy piniterest came up. I can go on and on.

And don't you think it would unwise to start spending time and resources working on a project if you dont have a plan on to recoup your money and make a profit?

i dont really get ur drift.
Twitter is a microblogging service, insta is a photo sharing site just like pinterest which u mentioned.
Befor facebook i could remember others like hi5, myspace.
There are countless more like tumblr. 4square etc.
They all have their unique features.

And that is my point really. What other type of social network are u planning to build which does not exist and can strongly and favorably contend with the likes u have mentioned.
Yall wanna clone facebook, give it another name and a diff colour scheme.

I am sorry if i have burst ur bubbles prematurely but someone needs to tell u d truth.

I already have about 3 facebook accounts which i no longer have time for. I have two on twitter, i have 1 insta, 1 pinterest, registered on snapchat but couldnt get a hung of it cos i have better use for my data. And there are many others which by now i already forgot i even signed up.
And u folks still want to create another one.
For what purpose really
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
talkcash:
We will never be as good as them take it or leave it. Do you know why? The only thing we think about when we write code is money. Now browse GCC, GRUB or any GNU project out there guess what? They are all open source that is they are free. People actually write hundreds of lines of code to give it up for free because they love coding. If you love coding it would feel like a narcotic to you, anytime you do it, it's not always money you'll think about but just how to make something cool. Take the CEO of whatsapp, he quit his job when Mark Zuckerberg with his stupidity like Bill Gates own decided to try to use WhatsApp for money making gains, he simply quit because it is against his standards. If it is a Nigerian, he would go ahead and put ads self to kill it.
Programming is an art, and creative people will always excel at it. Think about it, no Nigerian made OS, no Nigerian made programming language, no Nigerian has made a breakthrough in algorithms to solve problems (algorithms to solve race conditions, parsing algorithms, algorithms to solve deadlocks etc) nothing. We are not innovative simple and as a pessimist I believe it will continue the normal way cheers.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
darkdenizen:
Stop decieving urselves.

great indeed
Exactly, what I'm saying. We are the worst and we will continue to be the worst simple.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Dollywood(m): 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
SegFault:

We will never be as good as them take it or leave it. Do you know why? The only thing we think about when we write code is money. Now browse GCC, GRUB or any GNU project out there guess what? They are all open source that is they are free. People actually write hundreds of lines of code to give it up for free because they love coding. If you love coding it would feel like a narcotic to you, anytime you do it, it's not always money you'll think about but just how to make something cool. Take the CEO of whatsapp, he quit his job when Mark Zuckerberg with his stupidity like Bill Gates own decided to try to use WhatsApp for money making gains, he simply quit because it is against his standards. If it is a Nigerian, he would go ahead and put ads self to kill it.
Programming is an art, and creative people will always excel at it. Think about it, no Nigerian made OS, no Nigerian made programming language, no Nigerian has made a breakthrough in algorithms to solve problems (algorithms to solve race conditions, parsing algorithms, algorithms to solve deadlocks etc) nothing. We are not innovative simple and as a pessimist I believe it will continue the normal way cheers.
You're on point
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Etinosa1234: 12:50am On Jul 18, 2020
Lol...its funny how people enjoy castigating the country at any instant... Someone up there is complaining that Nigerians only love coding for money and I'm 99% sure that the person does not know how to print hello world with any language...
Do u think it's easy to make a breakthrough in ICT..then what's stopping u?
India and Chinese are said to have high population of programmers...if i ask u to list 5 Top Chinese programmers that have made breakthrough in building new OS, programming languages,u will go shut...
Besides u can't expect a Nigerian to code for fun the way an American would. Would fun pay his bills....In a third world country that everyone is struggling to survive,u will now expect someone with an in demand skill to discard it and start coding for fun... forget...Na hunger go kill am

Seriously I hope u are a programmer because I would like to see the steps u are using to build the next OS or the next programming language... otherwise it's a big shame

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 18, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Lol...its funny how people enjoy castigating the country at any instant... Someone up there is complaining that Nigerians only love coding for money and I'm 99% sure that the person does not know how to print hello world with any language...
Do u think it's easy to make a breakthrough in ICT..then what's stopping u?
India and Chinese are said to have high population of programmers...if i ask u to list 5 Top Chinese programmers that have made breakthrough in building new OS, programming languages,u will go shut...
Besides u can't expect a Nigerian to code for fun the way an American would. Would fun pay his bills....In a third world country that everyone is struggling to survive,u will now expect someone with an in demand skill to discard it and start coding for fun... forget...Na hunger go kill am

Seriously I hope u are a programmer because I would like to see the steps u are using to build the next OS or the next programming language... otherwise it's a big shame
Look at this joker. I am currently working on a compiler so Bleep off. You think I am like you mtcchhhheeeew. Besides reading this post has given me an insight into your reading capability, I did not say every programmer should not code for money, I said every programmer should love it. Keep comparing yourself with Indians, the same people that I am currently learning Operating system theory from, compiler design from and the sort. I am sure you can't even write a program to calculate the factorial of a number shift hope.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Etinosa1234: 1:09am On Jul 18, 2020
SegFault:

Look at this joker. I am currently working on a compiler so Bleep off. You think I am like you mtcchhhheeeew. Besides reading this post has given me an insight into your reading capability,
1) I did not say every programmer should not code for money, I said every programmer should love it.
2)Keep comparing yourself with Indians, the same people that I am currently learning Operating system theory from, compiler design from and the sort. I am sure you can't even write a program to calculate the factorial of a number shift hope.

Lol reading capability...
Ur post was targeted at all Nigerian programmers(none exempted)...
1) Programming is a job that requires a lot of mental energy and thinking...So anyone that doesn't love programming would not be able to last one month of practice and learning..So can u explain how someone who doesn't love programming would be able to make money from it. Infact there are Nigerian programmers that are making wave on freelance platforms...So what does that say abt Nigerian programmers...abeg...u nor get talk
2)Lol..The same Indians u are talking abt, majority of them also code for money but no ..as a hypocrite that u are ,u won't see that (Abi the compiler u are learning..u dey learn am for free).. Even the Indians sef... The number of programmers that have built their own OS,compiler and the likes nor go reach 5..And FYI no one is challenging u to enter a coding war.. So keep ur equation to ur OS....
Funnily enough u are a pessimist..And u are probably expecting the OS u are building will become the next big thing.. looks like u don't know where to channel ur energy
I even hope the OS u are building would be popular than 2go.. at least e go good for our Nigerian image grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 18, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Lol reading capability...
Ur post was targeted at all Nigerian programmers(none exempted)...
1) Programming is a job that requires a lot of mental energy and thinking...So anyone that doesn't love programming would not be able to last one month of practice and learning..So can u explain how someone who doesn't love programming would be able to make money from it. Infact there are Nigerian programmers that are making wave on freelance platforms...So what does that say abt Nigerian programmers...abeg...u nor get talk
2)Lol..The same Indians u are talking abt, majority of them also code for money but no ..as a hypocrite that u are ,u won't see that (Abi the compiler u are learning..u dey learn am for free).. Even the Indians sef... The number of programmers that have built their own OS,compiler and the likes nor go reach 5..And FYI no one is challenging u to enter a coding war.. So keep ur equation to ur OS....
Funnily enough u are a pessimist..And u are probably expecting the OS u are building will become the next big thing.. looks like u don't know where to channel ur energy
I even hope the OS u are building would be popular than 2go.. at least e go good for our Nigerian image grin
I don't care if it becomes the next big thing. What is my business with that? All I care is that I have built one and I am happy with it. That is the mentality that will move us to the next level but no we prefer to use libraries made by others, so called technologies made by others and the sort. Keep on following in the footsteps of others, most Nigerian programmers are all the same. I just laughed when I saw what you said about the number of programmers who have not built their own compilers or OS won't reach 5, this reminds me of what a CS student said about these so called developers. Have you seen the source code for GCC on github (GNU Compiler Collection) there are thousands of contributions made to that project so shift abeg. Do you know that Linux too has thousands of contributions, ah these developers of nowadays.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by stanliwise(m): 10:55am On Jul 18, 2020
talkcash:
i am looking for a PHP coder to make a pair. If you are serious, let’s build an open source project together.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Etinosa1234: 10:58am On Jul 18, 2020
SegFault:

I don't care if it becomes the next big thing. What is my business with that?
1)All I care is that I have built one and I am happy with it. That is the mentality that will move us to the next level but no we prefer to use libraries made by others, so called technologies made by others and the sort.
2)Keep on following in the footsteps of others, most Nigerian programmers are all the same. I just laughed when I saw what you said about the number of programmers who have not built their own compilers or OS won't reach 5,
3) this reminds me of what a CS student said about these so called developers.
4) Have you seen the source code for GCC on github (GNU Compiler Collection) there are thousands of contributions made to that project so shift abeg. Do you know that Linux too has thousands of contributions, ah these developers of nowadays.
Since u don't care abt it...then why are u disturbed abt pple that are doing theirs to earn money
1)Lol...So the technologies that u are using was given to u free right?...So what's so bad abt someone using other people ... U are even using Americans as an example...Can u Compare the technological advancement of Nigeria to USA.. when Charles Babbage created the first computer,Africa was thinking abt fighting wars and conquering villages. So u'll Na expect Nigeria to boost past other countries that have been developing ICT for over 200 yrs.. I'm sha waiting for ur own technology... maybe when u do urs..it will be able to leave the corner of ur house... Mtcheew...be there complaining abt Nigeria using other people's technology as if it's only Nigeria that's using it...abeg face ur OS and stop disturbing us
2) Another nonsense talk...So in Nigeria...where there is little or no Jobs , u expect a Nigeria to code for fun..I ask u again...Will fun give him money...Shame nor dey catch u sef... comparing America to Nigeria as if their economy is the same with ours... someone that is coding for fun most likely have other Jobs dey do to support them...or come from a rich family.. Will a jobless Nigerian with only a coding skill think of fun??
U Jus dey talk like say u nor know country wey u dey..If to say na code for fun Mark or Bill Gates dey do...dem for nor become richest in the whole world so wetin u come dey talk again?
3)Ahhh....Osanobua...So a CS student is now an authority for u concerning developers.. U nor even type CS graduate.. Ahh.I seriously hope that CS student is good at what is doing.. otherwise na disgrace for u...CS student wey never enter life...Even if u have to use CS student as an example, u should have at least stated the works that he has done that has advantage of the "so called developers"...has the CS student ever built a well recognised software?...what abt an OS...Na u dey talk abt reading ability and u dey quote CS student like say him na Mark Zuckerberg..
4)So in ur mind... GitHub, Stack overflow don't have Nigerian programmers there...Abeg focus on ur CS abeg...and leave Nigerian developers alone
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by stanliwise(m): 10:59am On Jul 18, 2020
SegFault:

I don't care if it becomes the next big thing. What is my business with that? All I care is that I have built one and I am happy with it. That is the mentality that will move us to the next level but no we prefer to use libraries made by others, so called technologies made by others and the sort. Keep on following in the footsteps of others, most Nigerian programmers are all the same. I just laughed when I saw what you said about the number of programmers who have not built their own compilers or OS won't reach 5, this reminds me of what a CS student said about these so called developers. Have you seen the source code for GCC on github (GNU Compiler Collection) there are thousands of contributions made to that project so shift abeg. Do you know that Linux too has thousands of contributions, ah these developers of nowadays.
I don’t know what you guys are arguing about o but you speak of compiler construction and I can tell you it ain’t that hard. It takes time but not so hard. I created a small one back in school but it was as slow as Bleep coupled with the fact that I created it with a scripting language PHP. The ones you mentioned about are big time compilers and are used for serious work so it takes thousands to create.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by KhingLufem1(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2020
All programmers are great depending on your hard work

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 18, 2020
stanliwise:
I don’t know what you guys are arguing about o but you speak of compiler construction and I can tell you it ain’t that hard. It takes time but not so hard. I created a small one back in school but it was as slow as Bleep coupled with the fact that I created it with a scripting language PHP. The ones you mentioned about are big time compilers and are used for serious work so it takes thousands to create.
Ah the one I'm making is pretty hard because I am trying to target a real architecture and I am also trying to add some features that are better than the clang compiler I am using. Besides GCC is a compiler collection (C, Ada, Go, C++ etc), of course it will take years and many people.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by codeigniter(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
this arguing won't solve anything, because both of you are strictly talking from POV, it doesn't make anybody right

I believe we're programmer here, we solve problem, a guy suggested social media development which might not be the best option, even if u develop it successfully what hosting cost, marketing, e.t.c development is the least, why do u think Nairaland has so few users despite the fact that there are same people with multiple moniker, apart from bad UI, the old guy is growing organically.

another person suggest alot of ideas that are worth discussing, Nigerian programmers suck because lack of collaboration, and everybody just want to feel superior, after years of coding I realized that I am not that good, I just needed smarts.

every body want to freelance, some even want to build a whole startup for 200,000 - 500,000 alone...

if
let us catch a big fish by working together
else
we will keep nagging and pointing fingers when we are all responsible

Bottom line
let work together to build a tools not SoMedia let change the status quo.

some guy mention Nigeria using others tools

I would rather use others tools than reinvent the wheel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
404Dev:

I have a brilliant idea for a social network and am a full stack developer. We can partner, I take care of development you take of financial side till the product starts earning
, Yes I like the way u think, can you code PHP and MYSQL, if you can't leave it to me, I have already made the group chat part of it.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2020
stanliwise:
i am looking for a PHP coder to make a pair. If you are serious, let’s build an open source project together.
I am in, I will take care of the registration part of it.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
stanliwise:
I am a backend coder. So far what have you done?
I have made the registration. form and group chat
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
Ladylite:
Your offer is not nice enough.
It is a nice offer, look this is an opportunity that can lead you to becoming a rich billionaire in the feature.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 7:04pm On Jul 18, 2020
myles16:
Not strong tho, but would love to be carried along, would one way or another contribute to the development of the project
Yes, but can u code? or do graffics or have wonderful ideas, in that way you can contribute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice / Python Django Android... / Creating Com With C++

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.