Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial (69530 Views)

Man Who Raped Stepdaughter In Lagos Transferred to SCID, To Appear In Court / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! / Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by maxibrainz02(m): 2:20am On Jul 19, 2020
Hard Work Pays; Crime doesn't
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by Abdelux223: 3:19am On Jul 19, 2020
Religion6:
See how this useless afonja man is embarrassing Nigeria. Scammers

Craze dey worry u, racial mfkers
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by Clothingonline9(m): 3:20am On Jul 19, 2020
Get a Nigerian female lawyer
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by planetx: 3:44am On Jul 19, 2020
I have always wondered why the guy never seems to travel further than Dubai, Malaysia, Indonesia etc but never to countries like Canada or the US.

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by 15ssDRIVE(m): 4:01am On Jul 19, 2020
hisgrace090:
Hmm!

Hushpuppi chances of freedom getting slimmer by the day despite huge expectation from his popular lawyer Mr pissetzsky.

What a disappointment to his supporters who believe his lawyer will free him in less than a month.

This is America not Nigeria and as such no much room for maniuvering.

The only way out from FBI ,is talking like a parrot ....government lawyer is a good move ...... meaning Salaye=talking -talking -talking .
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by lilmerhnuel(m): 4:04am On Jul 19, 2020
5 Important Thing Every Woman Wants Her Man To Know About S£x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Izh3ifyUCE
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by abbey621(m): 4:25am On Jul 19, 2020
safarigirl:

In America, you can only practice law within a certain State. A licensed Chicago lawyer cannot appear in a California court, because he most likely does not have a license to practice within the state. He will have to apply through a California-licensed lawyer, in order to present himself as an attorney to the accused.

The process is too long, and Hushpuppi might not have had time for it.

Technically you're right but we have what we call reciprocity license, if you have a license in one state, it is valid in another. Most top lawyers are able to practice law across states.
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by abbey621(m): 4:31am On Jul 19, 2020
magicminister:
I don't know why Hush is making this move but i will only assume it is due to financial considerations.
The importance of hiring a seasoned and high profile lawyer is not because they can argue lost cases. Its simply because these lawyers often know well placed people within the judiciary system that and can often leverage their relationship to get their clients (the accused) a better deal.

They often charge hefty fees from $500 to $1,500++ per hour.

A court appointed lawyer is simply a "charge and bail" lawyer provided to the those without the means to pay for a private lawyer.
A court appointed lawyer may be vested in your case but they often have incredibly high case loads and cannot give everyone the attention they need to overcome their legal travails. They always recommend you plead guilty or "no-contest" and leave you at the mercy of the court system.

As a non-American and also black, the chances of Hush beating this case is extremely bleak and the fact he is settling for a court appointed lawyer makes me feel his assets have been frozen or he does not have any means to bring funds to the U.S.

I do not condone Fraud as this makes it harder to do business with the rest of the world but Hushpuppi is a Nigerian.
[s]We condemn the crime but we must never support outsiders choosing to prosecute our citizens for crimes they committed.[/s]
If the crime was committed on US soil, it is a different ball game. But it was committed outside US soil with victims from all over the world.
We must all call for Judicial reforms in Nigeria whereby, the common man can expect a speedy and honest justice in every circumstance.

Lets not forget John Mitchener, a White American that is currently in Nigeria and has defrauded Nigerian companies to the tune of Billions of Naira. His activities contributed to some major Nigerian companies going bankrupt.
Our law enforcement agencies granted him bail while quietly allowing him to work with the US embassy to scurry out of Nigeria. Must we keep bowing to the White man Hushpuppi's fraud is not even a fraction of what Mr John stole but he is facing 20-life while mr John is patted on the back and sent back to US. where is the BBC article, where is the CNN article, where are the bloggers? smh!

He defrauded American companies and American citizens, don't blame the Americans for caring more about their citizens than our government cares for us. Haven't you ever heard the phrase, "You hurt one American citizen and you face the wrath of the United States' government"?

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by Neddyogu(m): 4:57am On Jul 19, 2020
The Petisky lawyer no fit defend real estate investor again? Some positions are just untenable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by InvertedHammer: 5:08am On Jul 19, 2020
ziddy:
He doesn't have access to funds anymore. Even if he still has money anywhere you can be sure the U.S govt will seize it as soon as he tries to access it.

Hush is going to jail for a long time, ten calendar years at least. Truth is even if he had invested some money in real estate in Nigeria, the safest hands to hold such assets would be the hands of a wife, preferably one who had kids with him. It's doubtful he made any arrangement like that, and even such a woman would be hard pressed to wait for ten years.

This guy's goose is cooked. Bottom line is, even from an amoral perspective, crime does not pay when you consider the ever-present possibility of serious jail time. Prison is a very brutal place for those who lack financial resources/support.
/
One of the questions the BBC interviewer asked his lawyer was how he is getting paid. He started stuttering immediately. grin The lawyer has to walk a thin line before he gets roped in too. It is a dicey situation. In cases like this, government will be looking for anything and everything to confiscate.

/

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by imperiouxx(m): 5:27am On Jul 19, 2020
He's just wasting his time.

The FBI always wins, not even this kind of lost battle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by imperiouxx(m): 5:29am On Jul 19, 2020
planetx:
I have always wondered why the guy never seems to travel further than Dubai, Malaysia, Indonesia etc but never to countries like Canada or the US.

Because he knows that anytime he steps into US, he's done scamming people.

UAE is where thieves thrive. In the US, there is no career thief.

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by hisgrace090: 5:52am On Jul 19, 2020
magicminister:
I don't know why Hush is making this move but i will only assume it is due to financial considerations.
The importance of hiring a seasoned and high profile lawyer is not because they can argue lost cases. Its simply because these lawyers often know well placed people within the judiciary system that and can often leverage their relationship to get their clients (the accused) a better deal.

They often charge hefty fees from $500 to $1,500++ per hour.

A court appointed lawyer is simply a "charge and bail" lawyer provided to the those without the means to pay for a private lawyer.
A court appointed lawyer may be vested in your case but they often have incredibly high case loads and cannot give everyone the attention they need to overcome their legal travails. They always recommend you plead guilty or "no-contest" and leave you at the mercy of the court system.

As a non-American and also black, the chances of Hush beating this case is extremely bleak and the fact he is settling for a court appointed lawyer makes me feel his assets have been frozen or he does not have any means to bring funds to the U.S.

I do not condone Fraud as this makes it harder to do business with the rest of the world but Hushpuppi is a Nigerian.
We condemn the crime but we must never support outsiders choosing to prosecute our citizens for crimes they committed.
If the crime was committed on US soil, it is a different ball game. But it was committed outside US soil with victims from all over the world.
We must all call for Judicial reforms in Nigeria whereby, the common man can expect a speedy and honest justice in every circumstance.

Lets not forget John Mitchener, a White American that is currently in Nigeria and has defrauded Nigerian companies to the tune of Billions of Naira. His activities contributed to some major Nigerian companies going bankrupt.
Our law enforcement agencies granted him bail while quietly allowing him to work with the US embassy to scurry out of Nigeria. Must we keep bowing to the White man Hushpuppi's fraud is not even a fraction of what Mr John stole but he is facing 20-life while mr John is patted on the back and sent back to US. where is the BBC article, where is the CNN article, where are the bloggers? smh!

Mr John partted on the back is to tell you how currupt your country is.

No criminal will suffer in Nigeria once he has cash to bribe our security agent as they'll be the one to sneak him out to safety.

Allow America to do their job, seeing that Nigeria have chosen to become a country of 80 percent criminals.
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by Rubicon67(m): 5:54am On Jul 19, 2020
Religion6:
See how this useless afonja man is embarrassing Nigeria. Scammers

People like him, irrespective of tribe, causes embarrassment and untold loss of opportunities to genuine business/professional-minded Nigerians... please don't be to quick in forgetting #Invictus#.
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by Shattuck(m): 6:04am On Jul 19, 2020
Baloranking:
I thought his lawyer already replied. He said its fake news.
true I read that yesterday.
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by guru90: 6:10am On Jul 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
What Matters Most is that We learn the lessons..

The Consequences of Evil is always Greater than the enjoyment!

Peace is Priceless..

20k that you made in Honesty is better than 20billion Made in Robbery, Kidnap, Fraud and Evil..

It's not only by doing Fraud that you can Make Billions.. you can Make it Huge in your Corner! Do your Honest Business and Walk with God! At your Time, you will Blow!

Most Importantly, in all you Do, Ensure you Invite JESUS Christ in your Life and Businesses!
It pays !

Great Article. Making 20k in honesty way is more than 20b makes in Fraud..... I believe that brother.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by BabbanBura(m): 6:36am On Jul 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Money done Finish. No be only dump.

Get broke all of a sudden and even your so called wife will dump you or lessen d respect and sweet names.

So na so una be?
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by Odion2016(m): 6:43am On Jul 19, 2020
jmoore:
He charged you too much?

Better hire 'charge and bail' lawyer to handle your case.

Cos you will still end up in jail no matter how expensive the lawyer you hire is.

Seems like the Hushpuppians clapping for him are no longer making noise. Foolish supporters!!

May I,,,if I may
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by Unrated900(m): 7:07am On Jul 19, 2020
Made4naijaceo:
Oga o, see how hushpupi is just touring America free of charge without visa.

I tell you

His own tour self pass government officials
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by Dagrace01(m): 7:17am On Jul 19, 2020
Waiting for those that think hushpuppi can buy himself outta America..Wonder how we think in this part of the world.
The lawyers will suck him dry until he's left with little or nothing..
I pray for the best for him anyway.
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by greypencils: 7:21am On Jul 19, 2020
Made4naijaceo:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/403547-hushpuppi-dumps-top-chicago-lawyer-as-court-transfers-trial-to-california.html
A public defence counsel? You are done for Hushpuppi. Public defence counsels are not known to win their cases. They are government paid so they see no reason to be aggressive about any case. A paid private counsel will still go the long mile to fight for you because your money is speaking. Hushpuppi done resign to fate be that. Do the time Bro. Sorry but not sorry.
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by xpool(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2020
Made4naijaceo:

Why you talk wetin i wan talk, and became the 419 person to like your comment.
419 of all the numbers, God forbid
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by grandstar(m): 7:34am On Jul 19, 2020
Made4naijaceo

Government appointed lawyer? If it a free lawyer, those guys are usually overloaded with work and are notorious for shoddy outcomes.

The best hishpuppi can do now is to correct with them by snitching on others in his network. They'll reduce his expected long sentence.
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by biggie73(m): 7:35am On Jul 19, 2020
Made4naijaceo:
....please don't pray for this kind of chain or touring.
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by Chirowman(m): 7:35am On Jul 19, 2020
no be small matter ooo
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by colossus91(m): 7:56am On Jul 19, 2020
so hushpuppi name na there is God!! grin
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by MiddleDimension: 7:58am On Jul 19, 2020
bergs2:
popular Nigerian Instagram celebrity facing wire fraud

I wonder what our society is degenerating into?
No one calls evil by its name again.
For heaven sake this guy is a thief, and even a murderer.
No one is putting his crime in proper perspective, rather ,the supposed media who should speak out are just decorating words.
Shame! Shame! Shame on us.
We can't continue to live like this, otherwise the next generation will sink deeper and deeper into more sophisticated societal threats.

your comment caught my attention and i have been forced to say something at last. has any court pronounced him guilty yet? from where did you get the authority to say he is guilty of the crime?
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by PericomaNwankwo: 8:13am On Jul 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
What Matters Most is that We learn the lessons..

The Consequences of Evil is always Greater than the enjoyment!

Peace is Priceless..

20k that you made in Honesty is better than 20billion Made in Robbery, Kidnap, Fraud and Evil..

It's not only by doing Fraud that you can Make Billions.. you can Make it Huge in your Corner! Do your Honest Business and Walk with God! At your Time, you will Blow!

Most Importantly, in all you Do, Ensure you Invite JESUS Christ in your Life and Businesses!
It pays !

Calm down oga. Europe was partly built with stolen resources. Your politicians loot and live longer than you with more peace of mind sef. Even Hushpuppy go still serve come out continue enjoyment while you still dey comment trash on Nairaland
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by jaxxy(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2020
ajebuter:
US and UAE have definitely unplugged his money sources and wrecked a big blow to his finances hence unable to access major fund to feed his high priced attorney...

When US is ready to treat your fuckkup, they tighten your noose and block all exits..

Then, they watch you squirm ..

Sorry Mr Hushpuppy!

It's going to be a long 10-20 if you're lucky!

Yeah exactly what must have happened, considering the nature of his crime, since his funds can be frozen or cut off as part of exhibits and evidence. If it wasn’t a fraud case he cud still have used it to have a good fight with an expensive bullish lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by InoFilms: 8:26am On Jul 19, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC28uSmqRyauh7LIYBX-HOLQ
Go watch web series that tell you what goes on in the film industry... Very short and straight to the point... For those of you who want to make it to the industry this is an introduction
Re: Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial by jaxxy(m): 8:30am On Jul 19, 2020
PericomaNwankwo:

Calm down oga. Europe was partly built with stolen resources. Your politicians loot and live longer than you with more peace of mind sef. Even Hushpuppy go still serve come out continue enjoyment while you still dey comment trash on Nairaland

This is the problem. We rationalize wrong doing and our useless and corrupt politicians who have left no lasting legacy for future generations and are used to justify criminality with their abuse and rape of the country. Look at how a Nigeria is in a mess like we are cursed. Ordinary Ghana has left us behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy With Bad English Forming Accent (photo) / Photo Of The Man Who Chained His Wife To A Generator In Ogun State / Gonorreah Infection: Man Kills Girlfriend In Hotel Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.