Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,421 members, 7,836,682 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Advice Needed As A Pharmacist To Relocate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed As A Pharmacist To Relocate (1638 Views)

I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance / A Pharmacist Needs A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed As A Pharmacist To Relocate by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
It's no secret that Pharmacy practice is becoming less and less worthwhile in Nigeria and the health sector is currently on a nosedive. Practitioners are leaving the shores of the country in droves, and sooner or later, I intend to, too (judge me later). Now I have heard of cases where a Pharmacist travel abroad to seek jobs in their field but end up as cab drivers or hospital orderlies. so I decided to get all the information I need so as not to run into any frustration, what with my limited funds and all.
So the question is: which country would be the wisest choice for a Nigerian-trained Pharmacist, taking into consideration:
- ease and cost of obtaining a work visa
- ease and cost of getting a practicing license, exams and all
- ease of GETTING a job
- ease of settling into the country and job.
- financial fulfillment and job security.(Cuz Nigeria can't be THE worst, right?)
- etc

Note that it doesn't even have to be a Western country; I heard some African countries have excellent healthcare systems.

any valid, candid, relevant opinion will be highly appreciated.
Re: Advice Needed As A Pharmacist To Relocate by yanabasee1(m): 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2020
Baba.....leave if you can....

If my profession was Medically related.....I swear, I for no the sleep for any Nigerian hospital with mosquitoes and one flat mattress.....
Re: Advice Needed As A Pharmacist To Relocate by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
Pharmacist abroad please contribute to this thread please
Re: Advice Needed As A Pharmacist To Relocate by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:01am On Jul 20, 2020
Have you considered the amount of money you would make in Nigeria running your own pharmacy shops in multiple places, compared with what you would earn working for someone else abroad?
Nigeria is a country where people usually don't go to the hospitals when sick, and prefer patronising the pharmacy shops, and also do not need prescription to purchase drugs from the pharmacies. These often times, places the pharmacist at a better position than a doctor who runs a hospital.
The huge and skyrocketing population, though mostly poor, is also an added advantage.
I think there are big opportunities for pharmacists in Nigeria, unless start up capital is a problem here.
I'm a doctor practising abroad, and I still have plans of coming home to run and supervise my own businesses.
We can't be working for others all the days of our lives.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed As A Pharmacist To Relocate by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 22, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
Have you considered the amount of money you would make in Nigeria running your own pharmacy shops in multiple places, compared with what you would earn working for someone else abroad?
Nigeria is a country where people usually don't go to the hospitals when sick, and prefer patronising the pharmacy shops, and also do not need prescription to purchase drugs from the pharmacies. These often times, places the pharmacist at a better position than a doctor who runs a hospital.
The huge and skyrocketing population, though mostly poor, is also an added advantage.
I think there are big opportunities for pharmacists in Nigeria, unless start up capital is a problem here.
I'm a doctor practising abroad, and I still have plans of coming home to run and supervise my own businesses.
We can't be working for others all the days of our lives.
wow, interesting.. thanks for the enlightenment..
Re: Advice Needed As A Pharmacist To Relocate by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
Pharmacist abroad please contribute to this thread please.
cc lalasticlala please help me move this to front page
Re: Advice Needed As A Pharmacist To Relocate by salveoP(m): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2021
I am particularly interested in this thread. I am doing research on possible ways to migrate to the UK. I am just tired of working as a community pharmacist here in Nigeria. No motivation, no professional growth, no salary increment...just damn tired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed As A Pharmacist To Relocate by appishani1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
come meet us bro

(1) (Reply)

Becoming A Software Engineer / Professional Intensive Fumigation And Pest Control Training In Nigeria / Nim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.