Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help (2634 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by femalecobra: 12:46am On Jul 20, 2020
What goes on in the marriage for the next ten years?
What’s a typical day sitting down in the house like with each other? Considering you can’t even really talk to male or female friends like before ??
Does it now become more boring in years to come?
Cus I feel the emotions at a lower level like just 6months with my boo now. So I am confused ��. How do we work on it to always be as interesting as the beginning?
No sex yet, yet I feel we at see finish stage already...Everybody just relaxed or calm...like extra efforts of month 1 has gone down. No one is putting extra ginger as in the beginning....where it was lovely and all that.
We just jist If there is jist n face phone n do some cooking or items buying together.
Is that how marriage becomes ?
I know I came out of a house but as it is now I am confused whether I was seeing clearly then or had enough sense to understand what marriage really meant.
How do u keep it lively when there is nothing to say to each other?
How do u strive to continue to make each other besties n desire to talk or jist with each other only as was in the beginning?
The man that was so crazy about u....in terms of hugs, touch, kiss etc that just drops....and you are wondering why it has dropped dropped dropped in 6 months....how do U cope with those realizations and reality?
I am scared that if I feel this way now....what would be left in the remaining years wen year1 never do
Yet this is a friend or someone I have know for 2 years and I am free or at least comfortable with....I wonder how those who marry strangers or someone u must over respect etc cope??
What’s day to day in marriage like? It’s feeling like trap...something boring....stuck place...don’t know how to expalin

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by Kriss216: 12:49am On Jul 20, 2020
Not worth it. Venture into baby mama and live a happy life.
Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by jchioma: 12:49am On Jul 20, 2020
Husband : love your wife
Wife : be submissive to your husband.

5 Likes

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by jaeyking(m): 12:53am On Jul 20, 2020
love, trust, understanding and tolerance
Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by chatinent: 12:56am On Jul 20, 2020
So far you have happiness and rest of mind, be glad. You can always make that day-one moment again.
Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by gift2xl: 1:04am On Jul 20, 2020
U need to spice it up, go outing, play and have fun. Get each other more sexy thing's. See each other as best friends that u can play like kid's. Surprise each other with gifts, don't apportion Blame's, Rather say we will work it out together. If my wife leaves the huz for 2 day's, I began to feel bored, because she's my best friend, we gist a lot, surprise each other with gifts and boast each other's moral when anyone is down. But been bossy at all time's kill's the vibes and flow's.

7 Likes

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by TakingItBack: 2:01am On Jul 20, 2020
My dear!!!!!!

My dear?!!!!
My dear again!!!

Marriage is fun and full of surprises... if you guyz just sit at home.. then that’s the origin of getting bored always.

First thing you and you boo need to do... ask your self a questions.. engage him in a convo... about social lifestyle... if he doesn’t have and you also don’t have.. wow then you guy need to step the game up. take a stroll to a nice bar.. together.. order for grilled croaker fish/ cat fish pepper soup/ And if u guyz don’t drink beer. Order for malt or juice.. you guyz will see different things that’s interesting.

now as for friends that you can’t hang in with Enzo better replace them with ur partner... cook for him eat together... disturb him, play games together... on a Sunday.. you guyz can take a stroll for evening... or maybe sit and watch a nice movie... play ludo, what ever he doesn’t to keep him company ... learn it.. challenge him....

Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Don’t fight him or blame him. Don’t check his phones... trust me if you try this everyday... you will keep enjoying it... if child come enter. Na chi old ten go Dey do that one. Disturb both of u �

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by Amopeekun(f): 10:05am On Jul 20, 2020
There are no rules! Don't worry yourself and don't overplan. Be your nicest self, simple! Most importantly, make your partner your best friend, your gist partner, your partner in 'crime', your gossip partner, your play mate, etc.

Respect yourselves, watch out for the moods, keep quiet when there is the nag, laugh at the most boring jokes, laugh more when the jokes are funny and so on.

Do not always claim boss! What I mean is that there is no more the ME ALONE. You have yourselves, work as a team, no nonsense secrets upandan, lol. I am not saying you shouldn't be classy about stuffs but your first point of reference is your partner. Treat eachother's families and friends with respect.

Do the dirty and children's stuffs and laugh about them- fart, belch, twerk, tickles, dance, jump, tell funny childhood stories, the pranks, chai, anything. No boundaries!

Now, if you are newly married, each partner is still trying to wake up from a dream, trying to figure out things, working hard not to make mistakes and so on. These things may take long and they may be over in a jiffy. It depends on how matured you guys are. You will get angry easily, be moody, be lonely, wishing for nonsense and ingredient but it is just a phase, it will pass. Be ready!

Like I said at the beginning, be your nicest self.

Did you marry a friend? wink

6 Likes

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 20, 2020
The major earthly thing that kills marriage vibes in Nigeria is an "unhealthy system" birthed by ignorance consuming the religion & society.

Nigeria religious & societal ignorant system is a destructive pestilence that destroys many homes, Christian homes aren't exempted from it.

Like some carnal, overzealous and fanatic nairalanders who alway think everything is spiritual. It is NOT, but physical ignorance. E.g some religious belief system in Nigeria has it that going to places like sex talk centres/shows, beach, movies, swimming pool, couples bar, hotel, sport centres, parks, etc is a sin. This baseless belief system breeds pretence, hypocrisy, and fake long suffering in many homes, and also programmed our society to be dull, boring, and unenjoyable.

God is not unwise to create the counsellors, psycologists, gurus, authors and writers, speakers, rehab experts, mentors, but religious spiritual fanatics think they can do it all.

@OP, PHYSICAL IGNORANCE IS DEADLIER. Spice up your home. You're the builder

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by bukatyne(f): 10:38am On Jul 20, 2020
femalecobra:
What’s a typical day sitting down in the house like with each other? Considering you can’t even really talk to male or female friends like before ??
Cus I feel the emotions at a lower level like just 6months with my boo now. So I am confused ��. How do we work on it to always be as interesting as the beginning?
No sex yet, yet I feel we at see finish stage already...Everybody just relaxed or calm...like extra efforts of month 1 has gone down. No one is putting extra ginger as in the beginning....where it was lovely and all that.
We just jist If there is jist n face phone n do some cooking or items buying together.
I know I came out of a house but as it is now I am confused whether I was seeing clearly then or had enough sense to understand what marriage really meant.
How do u strive to continue to make each other besties n desire to talk or jist with each other only as was in the beginning?
The man that was so crazy about u....in terms of hugs, touch, kiss etc that just drops....and you are wondering why it has dropped dropped dropped in 6 months....how do U cope with those realizations and reality?
I am scared that if I feel this way now....what would be left in the remaining years wen year1 never do
Yet this is a friend or someone I have know for 2 years and I am free or at least comfortable with....I wonder how those who marry strangers or someone u must over respect etc cope??
What’s day to day in marriage like? It’s feeling like trap...something boring....stuck place...don’t know how to expalin

Your marriage is whatever you and hubby make of it.

You create your own reality.

Never. Forget. That.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by mariahAngel(f): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2020
Think of ways to bring the fun in your young marriage.
Be creative.
Plan dates/getaways occasionally.
Create new memories by going to places where you both have never been.
Be queen of surprises and unpredictability.
Write heartfelt notes to him, long or short.
Cook celebratory meals when there's nothing to celebrate.
Learn new recipes.
Buy him gifts or takeouts sometimes.
Say spontaneous things that you feel.
Create the culture you want in your marriage.
The truth is the reality of your marriage is what you want it to be.

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by femalecobra: 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
gift2xl:
U need to spice it up, go outing, play and have fun. Get each other more sexy thing's. See each other as best friend that u can play like kid's. Surprise each other with gifts, don't apportion Blame's, Rather say we will work it out together. If my wife leaves the huz for 2 day's, I began to feel bored, because she's my best friend, we gist a lot, surprise each other with gifts and boast each other's moral when anyone is down. But been bossy at all time's kill's the vibes and flow's.
Very true....thanks

1 Like

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by femalecobra: 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
Learnt some things here that I would put to use. Thanksssss.
Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by CsRockefeller(m): 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
femalecobra:

It's called the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility.

Everything on earth (living and non-living) eventually obeys the law.

What can you do? Learn to manage your appetite (expectations) Make good use of d peak periods. How? When you are hungry, eat the best of meal.

You can't go hungry if you keep eating all every hour, so create that hunger then fill it.

That's how we all go through life. No one is immune, not even Bill Gates with all his wealth. It's nature.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by YourCoffin: 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
Why do you want to get married? It is no longer in vogue

1 Like

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by femalecobra: 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2020
YourCoffin:
Why do you want to get married? It is no longer in vogue
Really?
To provide loving home for kids
To avoid fornication

1 Like

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by femalecobra: 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
CsRockefeller:

It's called the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility.

Everything on earth (living and non-living) eventually obeys the law.

What can you do? Learn to manage your appetite (expectations) Make good use of d peak periods. How? When you are hungry, eat the best of meal.

You can't go hungry if you keep eating all every hour, so create that hunger then fill it.

That's how we all go through life. No one is immune, not even Bill Gates with all his wealth. It's nature.

Hmmmm....this is deep mehn....I kind of relate....especially @managing expectations!!!
Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by ImaIma1(f): 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
Well...it has to depend on the people involved. Even if I lived with my siblings forever, I still missed them whenever I stepped out.

With a spouse, it really depends on your level of closeness, if you have similar interests. If both of them are the master and subject type, it might not be interesting and lively.

Day to day, especially in the COVID period could longer periods in bed after waking up, pressing phones and exchanging videos/writeups. Doing stuff together in between work.

Marriage is really what both parties make it. While one couple is having fun due to their temperaments or lifestyle, some are having it difficult because of their own temperaments, decisions and lifestyle. .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by eazzzy1(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
Marriage is boring. Once you know and accept that fact it won’t be a problem to you anymore

What you call boredom others call tranquility. Focus on your individual lives, be happy individually and you definitely will be happy as a couple.

Try the following;
1. Touch - some people only touch their partner before and during sex. When you sit close to her, put your hand on her shoulder, on her thigh, stroke her hair, give shoulder massages, kiss non sexual kisses. Touch shows admiration.

2. Do something to surprise your partner at least once a week or month. It could be something as small as a love card, flower, cooking her favourite meal, buying a dress etc

3. Put the phone down, let it be a rule that when you are together there’s no phone. If she had an important call she can answer it, but chatting and talking to friends about random things should be dropped.

4. Marriage isn’t all about cute pictures, laughter and enjoyment. Marriage is less sex and much boredom. If you don’t want to be bored stick to fwb or casual dating.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by YourCoffin: 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
femalecobra:

Really?
To provide loving home for kids
To avoid fornication

Marriage doesn't guarantee loving home for kids. As for fornication, it doesn't apply to logic.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by chii8(f): 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
Give what you would want to get!!!A successful marriage is built on commitment, trust, loyalty and respect.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by Acidosis(m): 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
What's the reality like living with your parents, siblings, friends? Add lover to it, and get the answer to your question.

If you have never felt like changing your brother or sister after about 20-30 years of knowing one another, then there shouldn't be any issues with marriage unless, of course, (i) you're a sadist, (ii) you choose to settle with the devil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by merieam16(f): 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
You gat nofin 2 worry ur self abt. Firstly, av God in ur home.Secondly always try 2 make ur wife happy cos a happy wife makes a happy home.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by femalecobra: 12:15am On Jul 21, 2020
eazzzy1:
Marriage is boring. Once you know and accept that fact it won’t be a problem to you anymore

What you call boredom others call tranquility. Focus on your individual lives, be happy individually and you definitely will be happy as a couple.

Try the following;
1. Touch - some people only touch their partner before and during sex. When you sit close to her, put your hand on her shoulder, on her thigh, stroke her hair, give shoulder massages, kiss non sexual kisses. Touch shows admiration.

2. Do something to surprise your partner at least once a week or month. It could be something as small as a love card, flower, cooking her favourite meal, buying a dress etc

3. Put the phone down, let it be a rule that when you are together there’s no phone. If she had an important call she can answer it, but chatting and talking to friends about random things should be dropped.

4. Marriage isn’t all about cute pictures, laughter and enjoyment. Marriage is less sex and much boredom. If you don’t want to be bored stick to fwb or casual dating.
grin grin grin
Oh my gosh.....loooooooool
You are so so direct. See as you tell me without micing words....you are like babe, leave fantasy, this is the reality of it all. This is so funny but truthful to be honest. Thank you.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by femalecobra: 12:17am On Jul 21, 2020
Acidosis:
What's the reality like living with your parents, siblings, friends? Add lover to it, and get the answer to your question.

If you have never felt like changing your brother or sister after about 20-30 years of knowing one another, then there shouldn't be any issues with marriage unless, of course, (i) you're a sadist, (ii) you choose to settle with the devil.

Siblings can be different oooo
Half of your life with them till you were like 20 years. You had no sense grin grin grin
Different uni’s and all comes to play and they also leave to husband house. Siblings can have different rooms in a house even while growing. If you see your sibling talking to boy or girl ....you no go vex.
This is slightly more choking
Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by femalecobra: 12:19am On Jul 21, 2020
YourCoffin:

Marriage doesn't guarantee loving home for kids. As for fornication, it doesn't apply to logic.
Doesn’t apply to logic?
Pls clarify....didn’t get
But why would you name yourself coffin It’s worse than “cobra” grin grin
Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by femalecobra: 12:20am On Jul 21, 2020
eazzzy1:

Try the following;

Are you married pls ? cheesy cheesy
Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by eazzzy1(m): 1:50am On Jul 21, 2020
femalecobra:

Are you married pls ? cheesy cheesy

Not married but I have being in live in relationships before.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by 2buffagain(m): 3:39am On Jul 21, 2020
Get a hobby.
Your spouse is not your hubby.
You don't always have to be talking. Silence is great too.

It is not your spouse's job to keep you happy or entertained. Only you can make yourself happy.

When you both DO get together to do something and make each other happy, that would be seen as a gift... Not an expectation.

GET A HOBBY.
Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by sisisioge: 6:06am On Jul 21, 2020
Hmmmm...how is it possible that you get to a point where you have nothing to say to each other? Ofcourse, you can have quiet times but even that should be like a mutually shared time. I think when you are in sync with someone, when he/she is quiet around you....you still feel like you're communicating.

That is why it is important that couples do beyond copulating before settling down so that when the sexual fire ebbs, you will have your friendship to sustain/maintain your union. Communicate o...even with your silence.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by UjuJoan2: 6:14am On Jul 21, 2020
femalecobra:

I'm not sure I get you. Is it that the conversation has become dull or non-existent?

Or is it that you guys have lost the affection or the spark?

It's much too early to be feeling this way, considering you have a lifetime to go.

Maybe you really feel something is missing, kids maybe?

You need to find a way to be enough for each other, to feel like you have all you need in each other. That way, even when there's nothing to talk about you still feel comfortable with yourselves.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Reality Of Marriage Exactly Like!!!!! Pls Help by Klass99(f): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Worst Make Up Ever / Is It Wrong For A Father To Kiss His Daughter Like This? / My Wife Denies Me Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.