Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere (46298 Views)

Imo : Man Commits Suicide By Hanging After Incest With Daughter (Photo) / Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion / 103-Year-Old US Grand Mother Celebrates Recovery From COVID-19 By Drinking Beer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by pislok: 4:29am On Jul 20, 2020
A 32-year-old man identified as Aboh Ogbeche, on Friday, committed suicide at his family residence in Lawanson, Surulere area of Lagos State.

Aboh was said to have drank bleach, even as sources stated that there was nothing to indicate that he was planning to commit suicide.

It was gathered that the victim poured the liquid in a cup, sat before his mother, gulped the substance and immediately began to convulse.

A close friend of the deceased said the mother, who was shocked by the incident, raised the alarm and Aboh was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

It was gathered that the deceased did not leave behind a suicide note or told any of his friends about his plan to commit suicide.

A source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “Aboh was a very jovial person and nobody knew he could think of taking his own life.

“He was from Cross River State and about 32 years old. He slumped in the presence of his mum around 3.30pm on Friday after drinking a brand of bleach. He was rushed to the Aishat Hospital in Idi Araba, where he died. His body has been deposited in the LUTH mortuary.”

Aboh’s friends, who were shocked by the incident, shared their thoughts on the victim’s Facebook page.

One of his friends, AirsTee Martins, wrote, “Sweet heart, you should have spoken to someone. How could you have thought for a moment that this is the best way. Please, let one try to speak if he is going through a rough time.

“Even if we are far apart, we still connect one way or the other. So, please, no one should feel intimidated with what the other might have achieved. This social media; people develop low self-esteem, get depressed and feel like they are not enough.

“But it should not be so. Let’s try to stay strong because when there is life, there is hope. RIP Ogbeche.”

Another friend of the deceased, Gulf Limmer, wrote, “What happened to him? Why Aboh? We chatted three weeks ago. Why Ogbeche? Why did you take your life?"

A resident of Lawanson, who gave his name as Ndifreke, told our correspondent that the deceased’s mother was devastated because her son took his life in her presence.

Ndifreke stated, “He did not leave any suicide note behind. I learnt that the mother saw her son with the substance, which he poured in a cup and drank. He told his mum that he had drunk it, but the mother thought he was joking.

“Aboh was a very playful person. So, not up to two minutes he drank the bleach, he began to convulse. As he was being rushed to hospital, he was given palm oil. But he did not survive it. Nobody was oppressing him and nobody was trying to blackmail him; we don’t know the reason why he took his life.

“The mother has been crying since then. She is in shock because the incident happened in her presence.”

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, said he had not been briefed about the incident.

“I cannot confirm what is not reported to us. That incident is not known to us. Let me find out if it is reported,” he stated.

Elkana had yet to get back to our correspondent as of the time of filing the report.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/32-year-old-man-commits-suicide-in-lagos/%3famp=1

1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by DaddyRochie1642: 4:34am On Jul 20, 2020
He should go and tell God why he drank Bleach and Ended his Life sad sad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Ladylite: 4:38am On Jul 20, 2020
Many have lost the strength to fight to live another day

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Olabode971(f): 5:43am On Jul 20, 2020

Arrhh; this year2020 get as e be..

May u and I never be amongst those that will be 6feet underground through this Rough time.

164 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by onward4life(m): 6:08am On Jul 20, 2020
The deaths of young bloods makes bruwadri
younger

How can he stop a thing that gives him warmth

And helps to relax his BP

It is also been used to nourish that his okada son with shaking head

Their plans is to make Nigeria a place for babies and elders

Who go com protest?

5 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by marshalcarter: 6:14am On Jul 20, 2020
This year would never see our end in Jesus name amen

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by johnykgoal: 6:15am On Jul 20, 2020
chai! why naa?
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by 2cribz: 7:10am On Jul 20, 2020
I cant kill myself cos i never blow. Hope still dey na. Stra8 to hell. Fool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by mysticwarrior(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2020
why take your own life when you don't know what tomorrow would be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2020
and the mother couldn't stop him after he informed her that he would be drinking the substance? Na wa
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Think9ja(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2020
The truth is that all these poisonous liquid substances are always put in a very sexy container.

See sniper for example, isn't that bottle sexy?

If you are a farmer, you'll agree with me that the container of those pesticides and herbicides are always sexy. I also get tempted by the demons in me to gulp one shot of the cover whenever I grab it.

RIP to him though.

10 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Gwagone: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2020
G
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Ipromote: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2020
Na wq
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by foxxydude: 8:32am On Jul 20, 2020
shocked shocked
This year na die

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Simbrixton(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2020
At least no be yoruba
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by ElXolomon: 8:32am On Jul 20, 2020
Hello guys i'll be unleashing some digital skills, and also trainings on the principles and basics of graphics design. To also benefit from the class click on the link below.

https:///Chp7cW1O8xB3ngJ9Zm0cC7

�GMB
�Graphics Designs
�Logo making
�Creation of website

*Note with your SMARTPHONE*

Note its for *FREE FREE FREE!!!!!!!*

Join us on WhatsApp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by lexxxino(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2020
Who give up na im fuckup

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by FlordFlorez(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2020
Suicide is never an answer to any problem.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Netanya(f): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2020
I thank God for bringing me to the world . But , for the angel that brought me to Nigeria ehn ,we will talk when we meet

5 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by fiercehillz(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2020
A drop of bleach could land someone in the hospital and this baba drank a cup of it...The pains he must have felt before his demise ehhhn...God have mercy.

Depression is real guys...a lot of us have experienced it one way or the other but you see suicide...God forbid am.

Always be around people with positive vibes even if they may give you unrealistic hope...be humble enough to ask for help, think about the pains you will put your family and friends through...if you can overcome severe depression and suicidal thoughts then you will achieve a very rare state of mind...You become so aware of little things, you will tend to read people better, you tend to know opportunities and take charge of your life promptly.

If you are depressed right now...you aren't alone because there are people that have been through worse...

I was once depressed and I had to call a helpline in America...yeah you heard me "America"...I was amazed that the call went through, I was promptly responded to, she called me back when I exhausted my call credit even though I was not in their country and we had a long and productive conversation...after that call I just begin dey laff...I was amazed.

I prayed afterwards and God changed my mindset.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 20, 2020
RIP
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2020
Na fine clothes just dey cover our numerous life challenges.Naija is a hard place to survive.
No wonder many people dey join politics,armed robber and yahoo yahoo just to survive.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by olaideeeedris(m): 8:33am On Jul 20, 2020
People find solace in death nowadays. Who is to blame? A failed system or a failed home? For me, I would say both. May God comfort the woman that birthed him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by KindlyAssist: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2020
This isnt a joking matter o !

GOD ASSIST YOUR CHILDREN ,GIVE US HOPE AND ASSURANCE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by blesskewe(f): 8:33am On Jul 20, 2020
He was a coward

Am really feeling sorry for the mum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by UDUJ(m): 8:34am On Jul 20, 2020
Probably depression after feeling like he wasn't living up to his mates living life and balling on Facebook and Instagram. Forgetting that over 90% of what's posted on social media sites like Instagram and Facebook are just for show and fake...

Same pressure that leads the young ones into various vices just to feel among or be seen as having arrived. Smh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Neurotika: 8:34am On Jul 20, 2020
One could infer he was still living with his parents at 32, which could be a trigger. But then the story didn't give enough to arrive at any conclusion. Regardless, I won't judge his actions. High incidences of suicide in any particular society is a reflection of the prevailing standard of living.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by Adedotguy: 8:34am On Jul 20, 2020
Where people dey hospital to try to stay alive.

When people dey street they find just a meal to survive and keep the hope alive.

Even Beggers for street no fear shame. To keep hope alive.

What do I know sha?

I don't know what he went through.

Jovial people are also suicidal

People are keeping the hope and some people are losing hopes.

But one thing is sure.

Nigeria failed you

You failed yourself and the faith and hope of your family have on you.

Rest in peace

3 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by EmekaBlue(m): 8:34am On Jul 20, 2020
the wahala don pass his power
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere by chatinent: 8:34am On Jul 20, 2020
One of his friends, AirsTee Martins, wrote, “Sweet heart, you should have spoken to someone. How could you have thought for a moment that this is the best way. Please, let one try to speak if he is going through a rough time. “Even if we are far apart, we still connect one way or the other. So, please, no one should feel intimidated with what the other might have achieved.
This doesn't work. Many times we see people beg for alms (even on Nairaland.com). When was the last time you helped sb for the first time?

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Idayat Gbadamosi: Ways Of Fighting Coronavirus With Herbs By Boosting Immunity / Covid 19: First Time Flyer With Malaria Fever Causes Panic In Kano. / Fireworks Blows Off 10-year-Old Boy's Hand In Enugu (very Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.