Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

My Last Visit To Lagos City - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Last Visit To Lagos City (1306 Views)

THE Visit To Grand Ma, A Scary Story That Will Shock U / How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / Blue Notes From Lagos City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Last Visit To Lagos City by Orikinla(m): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2007
[size=14pt]We know life gets hectic! That's why we want to remind you
that you haven't picked up your greeting that xxxxxx
sent to you on 06/07/2007.
[/size]

I returned from Lagos last Tuesday and indeed life has been quite hectic since the beginning of summer.

My mission to Lagos was successful.

I stayed with my publisher, Hope Opara (OtunbaX) who is really excited to see his younger brother OUTRAGIUZ on Channel O's Viewers Edition Countdown. And he was glad that I could write about OUTRAGIUZ on news websites and the report circulated to other music websites in America, Europe and Africa.

I visited Linda Ikeji, and she showed me her new office in Surulere, Lagos. But, she was upset when I couldn't accompany her to Funmi Iyanda's New Dawn on Channel 10 TV in Lagos. Funmi invited Linda to speak on fashion on her popular live TV magazine.

I met with my Nigerian editor Adeleke Adeyemi who has put his degree in geology in the cooler to write poetry. I am praying for his success. A degree in geology is a passport to a successful career in the oil industry. So, for him to prefer the precarious life of a Nigerian writer daring to survive in Nigeria to living a comfortable life as a geologist in an oil company is a great sacrifice. We discussed the new Christian newspaper Timeless he is writing for and his collections of unpublished poems, The Baker's Dozen and other volumes. Then, he showed me the news about my prophetic writings and the Scarlet Tears of London published in the latest issue of Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) Newsletter.
We discussed the opportunities of POD publishing online and the success stories and he agreed to start blogging and publishing online.

I met with the leading TV/Film director in Nigeria, Faruk Lasaki. He was interested in the production of my Naked Beauty, but we did not agree on the logistics. I am still an associate producer in his Ark Resources Entertainment (ARE) and I know that we are going to win an Oscar for Nigeria one fine day. He has assigned me to make the movie website for the trailer of his first feature, Changing Faces before the world premiere at the next Toronto International Film Festival in Canada. And I have to be in the US. before going on to Canada for the premiere of Faruk's metaphysical romantic thriller Changing Faces and hopefully attend our 2007 Online News Association Conference and Awards Banquet, scheduled for Oct. 17-19, at the Sheraton Centre in Toronto, Canada.

I was able to see two of my younger brothers and we have to address the challenges of our social welfare. I met Nneka when I followed my publisher to their St. Stephen's Anglican Church in Fadeyi, Lagos, last Sunday. We hugged and I knew how much I have missed her since I left Lagos for Bonny Island. But, I couldn't see all my Lagos sweethearts and I know they would be disappointed.

Life goes on.

Re: My Last Visit To Lagos City by SMC(f): 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2007
And your point is? angry
Re: My Last Visit To Lagos City by Orikinla(m): 2:09am On Jun 16, 2007
SMC:

And your point is? angry

Darling,
I am too busy to argue over posts.
Read and waka pass . grin

I have been looking for ways to take care of you in my own special way. kiss But hiding behind a moniker online gives you so much liberty to behave as if you can stand up to face me without blushing?

The point is, it is my post and read it or ignore it.
Finis.

The last time, you accused me of pretending to be OtunbaX?

What are you going to accuse me of next?

You just cannot ignore Orikinla?

The hotter you get, the more I like you.
Why?
Because, with you around, I can never be bored.
Re: My Last Visit To Lagos City by SMC(f): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2007
I have said this to you before and I shall say it to you again. PLEASE DO NOT PATRONISE ME.

FYI, once you post ANYTHING at all on a forum, people are free to agree, criticise or do anything they like (within reason) to your post, so if u don't like it, you really should stop posting stuff. Moreover, I am still convinced you are the said OtunbX so abeg make you talk another tin ojare.
Re: My Last Visit To Lagos City by Orikinla(m): 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2007
SMC:

I have said this to you before and I shall say it to you again. PLEASE DO NOT PATRONISE ME.

FYI, once you post ANYTHING at all on a forum, people are free to agree, criticise or do anything they like (within reason) to your post, so if u don't like it, you really should stop posting stuff. Moreover, I am still convinced you are the said OtunbX so abeg make you talk another tin ojare.

Patro- gini? grin
I cannot PATRONIZE you.

Please, read the other posts by Otunba X on Nairaland.

One Yoruba name [size=14pt]Orikinla[/size] is more than enough.
Lest, you forget, I am a very proud 100% Igbo.
And my real Igbo name is more famous than my pen name.
And similar to the Igbo name of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
From the C to the N.

You should read my short drama Chi Amanda posted on this board last year.

(1) (Reply)

Has Anybody Read Harry Potter Seven / Life's Witty Inspirational Poem / An Ilorin Base Script Writer Needed Urgently!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.