Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 (24829 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Public Institutions To The Rescue As Parents Dump Private Schoo / Nairaland Thread For Admission processes 2019/2020 (All Universities) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes...71-73rc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has directed all tertiary institutions to begin the conduct of the first and second choice admissions from August 21.

The board gave the directive in the 2020 admission guidelines released in Abuja by the board Spokesperson, Dr Benjamin Fabian.

Dr Fabian, in the guidelines, warned institutions against duplication of forms, adding that they should desist from selling forms for admissions into some listed programmes.

He urged institutions to advise candidates to apply for the programmes through its office, saying that all admission exercise must be conducted on the Central Admission Processing System.

“All applications for admissions to First Degree, National Diploma, National Innovation Diploma and the Nigeria Certificate in Education into full-time, distance learning, part-time, outreach, sandwich, etc, must be processed only through JAMB.

”Institutions that desire to place advertisement can do so by advising candidates who applied for the current Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination to change to their institution as the first choice rather than requesting the candidates to purchase another application form or apply.

”This is to prevent the issue of double registration which is a violation of the JAMB mandate,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/jamb-directs-institutions-to-begin-admissions-august-21/amp/

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by whytediamond(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
I will sell to you nice footwear for low prices. Send me the picture of the footwear you've been saving in your phone.

Pay on delivery.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by pyrex23(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
doesn't mean school would resume..

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by KingOfTheSouthS: 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
FAILED NATION!

EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IS DEAD ×

HEALTH SECTOR DEAD ×

SPORT DEAD. ×

MAY GOD HELP US! ×

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by ayoblinks(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
Bahhaj
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by cyndy1000(f): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
I don't understand
When most schools are still in First semester

If they want to start schools they should say

9 Likes

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by iCauseTrouble: 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
sad
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Officialgarri: 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
I'm seeking admission o cheesy

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by slegend(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
This will really affect the system.
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by whytediamond(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
pyrex23:

Let's swap positions cheesy
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
N

1 Like

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by cyberpelumy(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
A ray of hope for our students

5 Likes

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Unbreakable007: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
grin
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Sonfethopia: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
People wey never write jamb nkor

1 Like

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by tpraiz(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Beautiful...
Good for Business

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by anibi9674: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Ok
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by OVA200(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Sadly JAMB is just after yearly revenue and not educational standards of Nigeria or Operational ethics of schools, how can they commence admission when majority of the candidate are still unable to write their WAEC and we are still faced with the pandemic knowing fully well that larger percentage of our lecturers are over 60 years of age.

It's just sad every sector in Nigeria will just be dishing out different policy without considering or consulting another possibly affected sector.

When I get to heaven me and the angel that assign me to Nigeria have a score to settle because I know ordinarily I cannot pick Nigeria out of all the countries on earth *when life is not doing me.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Mopolchi: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Na waaaoooh angry upon all dis coro wahala
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Tflex01: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Lol without Waec

What happens to those SS3 students that have above 300 in Jamb this year??

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Slawormir: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Jiiiiiii

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Yes this is good
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Stephendeals: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
cheesy

JAMB is always seeking for relevance...

Those in school dont know when schools will resume let alone when the session will end, but the priority of this board is to add to the waiting list...

ADMITTED (RESUMPTION TILL FURTHER NOTICE MAYBE 2021)

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Daploid06(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
buh how many 100l student would we have

100lA 100lB

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by bigdammyj: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Noted
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Alaborn12: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
August 21?

Clown
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by lenghtinny(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Someone should ask Ishaq what’s going to be the fate of SS3 students that wrote jamb this year......

The ministry of education is obviously suffering from some bouts of mental illness for them to instruct jamb to give higher institutions go ahead to conduct post utme yet refuse to allow students write an exam that is very essential to their admission

Horpeyemme:

No only awaiting students apply for admission abi? � Jamb said students with O-Level results are 536,813 so what are u telling me now
So because they are over 500k, then they should proceed with an unfair advantage.....

That’s selfish at best angry

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by Horpeyemme(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
OVA200:
Without waec
No only awaiting students apply for admission abi? � Jamb said students with O-Level results are 536,813 so what are u telling me now

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by yourgistpartner: 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
great move from JAMB, let everything move on abeg
Re: JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 by DropsMic(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University / ASUU, FG Meeting Inconclusive, Adjourned / Funaab Sug President Was Beaten And Harrased By The Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.