Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" (21210 Views)

Guardiola: "I Will Stay 100% At Man City And The Truth Will Prevail" / Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool / World Cup Final: See Moment Fans Invaded The Pitch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by ogbiwa: 6:50am On Jul 21, 2020
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says he respects Arsenal on the pitch - but he cannot say the same about how the Gunners conduct themselves off it.

A week after Manchester City learned their two-year European ban had been overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas), tensions are still running high.

Some senior figures within the game are annoyed City have not been punished for Financial Fair Play regulation breaches, while the club are angry at the behaviour of some of their rivals.

Last week, Guardiola demanded an apology and told rival clubs to stop "whispering" about City behind their backs.

The Blues are understood to believe Arsenal were one of the chief instigators behind a collective approach to Cas by eight clubs in the Premier League - Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Leicester, Wolves and Burnley - asking them not to agree to any delay in the European suspension pending City's appeal.

As it turned out, the delay was not required because the case was decided before the end of the season.

But evidently, City have not forgotten and reflecting on his side's FA Cup semi-final defeat by the Gunners on Saturday, Guardiola said: "Opponents always deserve my respect and credit. I have all the respect for what Arsenal are on the pitch, not much off the pitch - but on the pitch, a lot."

City were irritated by Arsenal's conduct earlier in the season when the Gunners approached Mikel Arteta to take the manager's job following the dismissal of Unai Emery.

Arteta was on the City bench for a 3-0 win at Arsenal in December, after which two senior Gunners executives travelled north to meet the former midfielder at his house for talks.

City were frustrated that no-one from Arsenal had the courtesy to tell them what they were intending to do, even though they had no intention of standing in Arteta's way.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53479675

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by logon599: 6:50am On Jul 21, 2020
Ok. What I respect though, is Guardiola's touchline fashion sense. Look at how he's looking in that picture. Enough of all those boring tie and oversized trenchcoat EPL managers unanimously adopted, especially Arsene Wenger's version that the zip never works.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities, including professional construction supervision, consultation and labor from foundation to any level) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by paulolee(m): 7:12am On Jul 21, 2020
my best coach in the world with the most beautiful and easy going pattern of play
he is right on this, arsernal needs to give him and city more respect on and off the pitch
missed seeing him in spain back when he was incharge of barca..
i hope he comes back one day, coach thats very good tactically, technically and made football looks so easy to play..
aside from football he is funny, do motivate players and gat swaggz join..
look at that simple and sharp outfit pep is on, unllike all those boring looking velvarde and weak looking setien wey barca go sign, even when barca de lose and camera shows ur coach looking weak n clueless, u go just lose hope...

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by Roundpeg: 7:15am On Jul 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by Slawormir: 11:28am On Jul 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

logon599:
Ok. What I respect though, is Guardiola's touchline fashion sense. Look at how he's looking in that picture. Enough of all those boring tie and oversized trenchcoat EPL managers unanimously adopted, especially Arsene Wenger's version that the zip never works.

Ogbeni you must be a real niggarrr

That guy dress sense too much...he get good dress sense
Sometimes ehnnnn....you go even dey feel say guardiolar is a real niggarrr
I just dey imagine when guardiolar young...the number of girls way he go dey bang everyday....the guy too get swagg

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 21, 2020
Guardiola has no right to be angry.

Even though they didn't get their punishment it's still clear and obvious that city did break the financial fair play rule.

How can you buy the best players in the world and keep them on the bench. undecided

A whole mahrez was on the bench for city fully before sane got injured. Doesn't that show the extent of their breaches.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by Richdad50(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2020
shocked

He is under no obligation to respect Arsenal 'on the pitch'. They are underachievers and dismal. There is no point smooth coating an obvious fact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2020
Baba cool down, That's life for u. Nobody wants your success, everybody is always waiting for your downfall so that they will use u as an evening newspaper.
At least u are one of the best coaches in the world of soccer

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by charlesm91(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2020
This man with his holier than thou attitude. When it don’t work for them they cry and try to deviate rather than look inwards, same with his catalan folks.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by nonny1212: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2020
I hope you are not explaining to red sits this time around

I refuse to be confused to that extent.
Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by Theelders: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2020
For the love of city... #mcfc#centurions
Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by MrOjay1(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2020
The traditional 'big six' couldn't hide their jealousy at the success of City's CAS appeal.

They want to enter champions league through the back door.

Manchester City players and coaching staff have worked hard to secure CL football.They deserve to be there.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by careytommy37(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2020
see mumu
Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2020
For me, the pitch is where it matters most.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by oloriooko(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2020
Pep should face his problems and stop doing aproko
ManC has the worst and most unstable defence in among top table teams
Arsenal beat you fair and square, move on!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by Emereolevanwill(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2020
I believe city should have been punished for breaching FFP rules. But they have the Moneybags... What do I know sef.

Moral of the story; Money rules the world.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by praiseneo(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2020
De form “the discipline man“ undecided

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by GboyegaD(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2020
At least you respect them.
Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by olumzzz(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2020
Kare baldiola

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by nestkojex(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2020
What has this got to do with respect?
Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by Simeony007(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2020
I like Man City as my boyfriend cos he will spoil me with money
Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by damiloladuke: 11:32am On Jul 21, 2020
Na your palaver be that
Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by Gideoniteprime4: 11:32am On Jul 21, 2020
who dis one respect epp?

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by frubben(m): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2020
Who u epp. Bleep off

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by NifemiKolade(m): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2020
Of a truth, he's right. Arsenal were wrong to go to arteta behind city. That's quite unacceptable. The fact that others do it doesn't mean that they should too. And the ban, by now, he should know he's a threat to the forces in EPL so he needs to fight through. angry

1 Like

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by Olarewaju89: 11:33am On Jul 21, 2020
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by sevo(m): 11:34am On Jul 21, 2020
oloriooko:
Pep should face his problems and stop doing aproko
ManC has the worst and most unstable defence in among top table teams
Arsenal beat you fair and square, move on!

Bros..you sure say you understand the topic?

16 Likes

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by emmabest2000(m): 11:34am On Jul 21, 2020
Who dey peel onion here

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" by yrex01(m): 11:34am On Jul 21, 2020
Now say that without crying. �

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

USA Vs Netherlands: Women's World Cup Final (2 - 0) Full Time / Adebayo Akinfenwa 'the Beast' Wants Chicken For Pre-match Before England Call-up / "We Will Return" - Mbappé Vows After World Cup Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.