Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,120 members, 7,863,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

G - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / G (606 Views)

TVC And P&G Donate Baby Diapers To Ayinke House Maternity Hospital, Lagos / g / COVID-19: See What Enugu State L.G Received As Palliative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

G by Odiriance4all(m): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2020
G
Re: G by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 22, 2020
Odiriance4all:
my wife is two months pregnant, everyday
for the past month she has been vomiting every now and then, making her loose weight. what can she do to stop or reduce the vomiting?
She can go to the hospital and discuss with someone that took 7 years to learn what it is to know about what your wife should do and help resolve any complications quickly. Ya a doctor, I remember.

1 Like

Re: G by chatinent: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2020
I think it's nausea. It's is very connected with pregnancy. Meanwhile, still see a doctor.
Re: G by Ameliag: 10:54am On Jul 22, 2020
Odiriance4all:
my wife is two months pregnant, everyday
for the past month she has been vomiting every now and then, making her loose weight. what can she do to stop or reduce the vomiting?

Please let her go to the hospital, it might be Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG). She needs a doctors care (very important).
Re: G by neonly: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2020
No problem it a first pregnancy nothing to worry abt
Re: G by ChelseaDr(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2020
See as doctor

1 Like

Re: G by Odiriance4all(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2020
she has already seen a doctor ,, doctor says it is normal that they're part of pregnancy symptoms especially in the early stage, but a drug was prescribed for for her to reduce the vomit but still the vomiting persist. I am beginning to worry because this is our first pregnancy, we are both inexperience
Re: G by Mzora(f): 11:31am On Jul 22, 2020
Odiriance4all:
she has already seen a doctor ,, doctor says it is normal that they're part of pregnancy symptoms especially in the early stage, but a drug was prescribed for for her to reduce the vomit but still the vomiting persist. I am beginning to worry because this is our first pregnancy, we are both inexperience
she will be fine..you don't need to worry.just make sure she try to eat in bits and drink water to stay hydrated.
Re: G by Pearl05(f): 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2020
Odiriance4all:

She should try to know what triggers it and keep away from it/them such as certain food, brushing, smell etc.

She should have crackers biscuits handy , it helps

Let her take her routine drugs close to bedtime as some of them like B.com smells badly.

She can suck on bitter kola. Just leave it in her mouth and be sucking/chewing it little by little.

She can add lemon to her drinking water.

She can chew the center stem of bitter leaf leaf( get a bitterleaf and remove the freshily leaf then chew the center stick) but if she was chew little of the bitter part it's ok too.

No stress her abeg. Help her with house chores for now as she will soon pass this phase.

Rest well .

Drink water as much as possible to keep hydrated. Now if cold water doesn't stay down in her system, she can try warm water.

Fruits and veggies should be her paddy. Cucumbers, watermelon, bananas. Let her discover the ones that her body likes and enjoy them.

She should go back to the doctor if it too much and she is lossing weight too much.

Pregnancy comes with different packages for different people we just find ways to go anout it.

Very soon she will enter second trimester ; the honey moon phase and all these will be a thing of the past.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: G by byinks(f): 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2020
Hyperemesis gravidarum.
Call my signature.
Re: G by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2020
Hmm. Women really differs. I guess in her second trimester, the morning sickness starts to ease off. I learnt the vomiting continues for some women to even the 3rd trimester.
My spouse is infact the opposite, does not vomit throughout pregnancy. Not even the usual morning sickness. But she dey CHOP like hell. wink

(1) (Reply)

. / Causes, Symptoms And Prevention Of Toilet Infections / Iron In My Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.