Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,025 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Adamu To Appeal Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adamu To Appeal Again (534 Views)

Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended / Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined / Nigeria's Amos Adamu Offer To Sell Fifa Hosting Rights For £500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamu To Appeal Again by MeGaStReEt: 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2011
Suspended FIFA executive committee member Amos Adamu is to make another appeal against his three-year ban in the corruption scandal which marred the contest to host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

The Nigerian sports administrator lost his appeal last week against a ban from all soccer-related activities for three years plus a 10,000 Swiss franc ($10,450) fine and will now take his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne.

"I'm desperate to prove my innocence on these corruption charges," Adamu said in a BBC interview on Monday.

"I am not desperate to be in either FIFA or the Confederation of African Football."

Adamu was banned along with Oceania Football Confederaion Reynald Temarii for allegedly offered to sell their votes in the hosting contest to Sunday Times reporters posing as lobbyists for an American consortium.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/07022011/58/world-cup-adamu-appeal.html
Re: Adamu To Appeal Again by 234Ent(m): 2:06pm On Feb 08, 2011
The story behind Adamu's appeal is also published here: http://www.informafrica.com/sports-africa/amos-adamu-to-make-another-appeal-against-3-year-fifa-ban/

However, I doubt it if FIFA would let him off the hook that easy. FIFA has strict policies governing its administration; being a very popular federation known worldwide.
Re: Adamu To Appeal Again by medjai(m): 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2011
Abeg, Adamu should go and sit down somewhere jare instead of making a fool of himself.
Re: Adamu To Appeal Again by newmi(m): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2011
at least everybody has the right to a fare trial
Re: Adamu To Appeal Again by newmi(m): 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2011
we wish him the best

(1) (Reply)

Spain Wins Euro Under 21 Championship / Chelsea Arrive Munich / Chelsea: Chelsea Stadium Move Stalls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.